Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Law in Romans

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A real born-from-above Christian cannot have Satan abiding in him. He can be deceived and influenced by Satan by appealing to the fleshly nature, but Satan cannot abide in him because the Holy Spirit now lives in him. He is no longer a slave to Satan, but practically speaking he is a slave to his fleshly desires if he doesn't walk in submission to the Holy Spirit.

:amen

A real born-from-above Christian cannot have Satan abiding in him. He can be deceived and influenced by Satan by appealing to the fleshly nature, but Satan cannot abide in him because the Holy Spirit now lives in him. He is no longer a slave to Satan, but practically speaking he is a slave to his fleshly desires if he doesn't walk in submission to the Holy Spirit.

IF Mark 4:15 is true, then it shows that Satan does "enter" human hearts.

Paul showed this reality with a messenger of Satan in his flesh in conjunction with Revelation Word being given to him, the same as Mark 4:15.

IF that was true for Paul, then it is true for all.

The tempter in the flesh of man will not concede to being truthful about it however, and can't be truthful and never will be. The fact of this however will continue to stare every believer in the face whenever they are tempted or engage lust internally, as these are demonic intrusions into the flesh. When it's seen for what it is, which can only arrive via honesty, matters of Law change considerably. And this Paul spells out adroitly in Romans, using the Law, showing that internal resistance to same operated in his own flesh. And pinpoints that adverse working exactly on the messenger of Satan in his own flesh in 2 Cor. 12:7.

IF what Paul said is true for believers in 2 Tim. 2:20-21, we are always under the obligation to purge "ourselves" individually from the vessel of dishonor. That is "us" individually resisting the temptations and lusts of the devil in our own flesh. Which remains as a contrary condition of the flesh, after salvation, regardless.

Believers can claim they are obedient, ONLY if they completely disregard the factual contrariness of their own flesh. Which would be a basic lie. Whatever believers do, they do so just as Paul did. With evil present within them. Romans 7:21. And that knowledge was brought to Paul courtesy of the exposure of the LAW and what it did in his own mind. Romans 7:7-13.

I thank God we had at least one honest Apostle who was led to disclose these matters, personally. About the Law and the resistance in the flesh, which remains contrary.

There is no obedient flesh, period. It is vile because of sin indwelling the flesh in lusts and temptations. And those are courtesy of the tempter who "resists" the LAW and does so in man, universally.

The condition of having a messenger of Satan "buffet" him was unique to the Apostle Paul, and is explained by Paul himself, for the purpose of... lest I should be exalted above measure.

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 2 Corinthians 12:7

This condition was unique to the Apostle Paul.

You have tried to build a whole entire theology off a scripture and a condition that was unique to Paul.

Everyone does not have a messenger of Satan "buffeting them".

Everyone has sin dwelling in there flesh.

But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. Romans 7:17

I thank God we had at least one honest Apostle

Please don't insinuate that the other Apostles were "dishonest" because they did not make this same unique claim that Paul made about himself concerning a messenger of Satan buffeting him.

JLB

So then, by your reasoning, everyone is an Apostle?

No sir. Not true.

JLB

Satan resists the Laws of God, and does so via temptations and lusts within the mind and heart. Pretty simple premise for any believer to come to grips with. I'm never surprised however when it's not admitted to, because the other party resists being disclosed. That's what that party does. It HIDES in man no differently than Adam and Eve hiding in the garden, led to do so by deception of the deceiver, within their flesh.

Please provide a reference to Yeshua's teaching that Satan is "IN MAN".
Hi jocor. Scripture says that Sin is the transgression of the law (1 Jon. 3:4) Transgressions come by many fleshy decisions by men. Rebellion against God's will, disobedience to His commandments
Yes the quote in bold is accurate and from the bible.

It mean just what it says.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
1 John 3:7-8

This is a contrast of those who practice righteousness,

A person who practices righteousness, is righteous.

A person who practices sin, is of the devil.

He who sins is of the devil.

The devil himself sinned, as sin affected him, just as it affects humans.

The person who practices righteousness has the same flesh body as the person who practices sin.

This scripture does not say that the devil dwells in the flesh.

This scripture does not say sin is of the devil.

This scripture states that the person who sins is of the devil.

Read it for yourself... He who sins is of the devil.

Not everyone has been given a messenger of Satan to buffet them, this was unique to Paul, because of the abundance of his revelations.

JLB
Hi JLB, This is what I have gathered from the Scriptures. Sin originated with Satan, and the seed of his sin started with pride (Isa. 14: 12-17) Pride is the seed of sin and brings about rebellion and disobedience to God's will, and in (Ezek. 28: 11-19) iniquity (wickedness) was found in him. The spread of sin to humanity from Satan starts in the Garden.(Genesis chapter 3) When man fell, it was not from perfection, he fell from innocence. For God gave man the ability to experience "cause and effect" (Gen. 2: 15-17).
Because man had the ability to believe or to trespass (the intrusion of self will in the sphere of divine authority) he found that the effect of trespassing brought guilt! (Gen. 3: 7-13) I liken Satan's negativity and rebellion against God as a radio transmitter sending out radio signals to a radio receiver (men). All man are born sinners by the Adamic nature of our parents (heredity) That is not our fault. What is our fault is when we follow after or practice that nature. 1 Jon. 3:4 says that sin is the transgression of the law. That is not just the Ten Commandments, that is every command of God's.. When it says,"He who sins is of the devil," It means those who practice sin are in fellowship with Satin. That is just a little of what I have learned But you probably already knew this

I thank God we had at least one honest Apostle who was led to disclose these matters, personally. About the Law and the resistance in the flesh, which remains contrary.

Around here this is the belief...We believe that the Bible is inspired by God in its entirety, and is without error in the original autographs, a complete and final written revelation from God.
implying a good part of the Scripture is not honest is not acceptable..

Around here this is the belief...We believe that the Bible is inspired by God in its entirety, and is without error in the original autographs, a complete and final written revelation from God.
implying a good part of the Scripture is not honest is not acceptable..
Never said otherwise.

Hi Andy, Satan does not abide in us, Satin deceives man by appealing to the Adamic nature as he did Eve. He is a liar and a murderer and has been from the beginning. But what I do not understand is demon possession?

I do not believe that we are a slave to Satan, we are a slave to sin. Sin is in our nature (Rom. 6:14-23) Satin is the tempter to the weakness of our flesh. The sing of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

You have tried to build a whole entire theology off a scripture and a condition that was unique to Paul.

And you have responded by attempting to build an argument based on a negative. (no one but Paul was ever thusly buffeted.)
Since it is impossible to prove a negative, your argument is rendered false. :-(

Neither scripture nor tradition assure that no one has ever been or ever will be buffeted by a messenger of Satan as was Paul. Rather, since God used this method to keep Paul humble, it seems reasonable that He would use it to promote humility in other servants who were richly gifted as was Paul. There is no basis on which to conclude that Paul's experience was unique and never to be repeated.

iakov the fool buttinski

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back