Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Law Of Believing

Putting this together with understanding seems to be a problem with you. Let me explain it as simple as I can. You have had two spirits that have been guiding you sense you were born. Your devil and your guardian angel, they both speak carnally. Your guardian angel always gives you the right thing to do. Your devil tries to lead you away from your guardian angel and follow him. we call them intellectuals.
Please, provide verses which state that we have a devil and a guardian angel that have been guiding us since we were born. The only time I have seen this is in cartoons.

I always pick up a couple of hecklers when I try to help people know the true Holy Spirit. Its easy to see who is driven by spirits. And who when they disagree just move on.

You could help me by answering the second two points I raised in post #30.
Here they are again.

2. You claim that the Holy Spirit only speaks scripture and quote Jn 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

But not everything that Jesus spoke is recorded in scripture.
But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. (John 21:25)
So how could the Holy Spirit remind the apostles "all that I have said to you" if not all is recorded in scripture?

After his resurrection Jesus spent 40 days with his disciples until his ascension. Unless you think he spent that time chatting about the old days we must presume he was teaching them and giving final instructions of their mission.
Of that time very little is recorded. So how can the Holy Spirit remind them of those teachings if he only speaks scripture?

Moreover, according to Wikipedia, regarding John's gospel "Most scholars estimate the final form of the text to be around AD 90–110." So if the Holy Spirit only spoke scripture he could not remind the apostles of some of the things that Jesus said until 60+ years after Jesus' death.

3. You quote John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

This is about guiding the apostles in the future as new situation arise. But if the Holy Spirit only speaks scripture how could he guide the apostles into all truth in new situations? The Holy Spirit cannot speak anything new if he can only speak what has already been written.

How can the Holy Spirit "declare to you the things that are to come" if he can only quote the past?

These are serious points that need answering.

Please, provide verses which state that we have a devil and a guardian angel that have been guiding us since we were born. The only time I have seen this is in cartoons.
Do You Know Your Devil
[Mat 24:23-24
[23] "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here [is] the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe [it].
[24] "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
[Jhn 8:43-44, 47
[43] "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
[44] "You are of [your] father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own [resources], for he is a liar and the father of it. ...
[47] "He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."
[2Co 11:12-15
[12] But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
[13] For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
[14] And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
[15] Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
[2Th 2:4-5
[4] who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
[5] Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
[Jhn 5:37-41
[37] "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
[38] "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
[39] "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
[40] "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
[41] "I do not receive honor from men.
[Jhn 14:25-26
[25] "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
[26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
[Rom 8:1-2, 5-8
[1] [There is] therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. ...
[5] For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those [who live] according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
[6] For to be carnally minded [is] death, but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
[7] Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
[8] So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
[2Th 2:9-12
[9] The coming of the [lawless one] is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
[10] and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
[12] that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
[2Co 10:3-5
[3] For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
[4] For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
[5] casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

xxx If you dont know when your devil is giving you thoughts, how can you be sure that your not following him now. The only guaranteed way of knowing is if you walk after the Holy Spirit(verses). The Holy Spirit will guide you with the new testament verses. On whether or not your receiving thoughts from your devil or your guardian angel. You were born with your own devil, everyone is.

Do You Know Your Devil
[23] "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here [is] the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe [it].
[24] "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
[43] "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
[44] "You are of [your] father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own [resources], for he is a liar and the father of it. ...
[47] "He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."
[12] But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
[13] For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
[14] And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
[15] Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
[4] who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
[37] "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
[38] "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
[39] "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
[26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
[1] [There is] therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. ...
[5] For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those [who live] according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
[6] For to be carnally minded [is] death, but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
[7] Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
[9] The coming of the [lawless one] is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
[10] and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
[12] that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
[4] For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
[5] casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

xxx If you dont know when your devil is giving you thoughts, how can you be sure that your not following him now. The only guaranteed way of knowing is if you walk after the Holy Spirit(verses). The Holy Spirit will guide you with the new testament verses. On whether or not your receiving thoughts from your devil or your guardian angel. You were born with your own devil, everyone is.
Firstly, not a single one of those verses says we have a personal devil, which I'm assuming you mean by your use of "your devil." Secondly, not a single one says we have a guardian angel. Thirdly, not a single verse says that both of these have been guiding us since we were born. You are adding to Scripture and going beyond what the verses say, which is the very thing you say we are not supposed to do.

Do You Know Your Devil

Nothing in there about a personal devil. You are adding to Scripture.

Firstly, not a single one of those verses says we have a personal devil, which I'm assuming you mean by your use of "your devil." Secondly, not a single one says we have a guardian angel. Thirdly, not a single verse says that both of these have been guiding us since we were born. You are adding to Scripture and going beyond what the verses say, which is the very thing you say we are not supposed to do.
Like someone said earlier. I cant open your understanding only God can do that. All I can do is share what I have received.

GUARDIAN ANGEL SPIRIT
Matt 18:10
10 "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
1 Cor 12:14
14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
1 Cor 12:18-19
18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.
19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
1 Cor 12:20
20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body.
1 Cor 12:21-22
21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.
Matt 10:29
29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
Rom 11:29
29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
John 1:50-51
50 Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these."
51 And He said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."
James 3:14-17
14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
John 3:31-36
31 "He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
32 "And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
35 "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
(NKJ)

xxxWhether we call their angel their own angel or their special angel or we call him their guardian angel, the fact remains that from childhood we have all had a guardian angel guiding us. Who always stands before God getting advice to lead us. But our guadian angel only speaks in the language that we have aquired from where we live. Now that same language is the language that the devil is also going to use. Everyone tries to make the right decision in their lives but the devil is good at deception. So we need another voice in our heads to choose and show us who is who.
That would be a Holy Spirit one that only quotes scripture. And with the scriptures He can show us when the devil is deceiving us or with a verse He can show us our guardian angel and the right thing to do.

[Jhn 14:26

2 Cor 3:4-5
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God.
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
(NKJ)

Like someone said earlier. I cant open your understanding only God can do that. All I can do is share what I have received.

GUARDIAN ANGEL SPIRIT
10 "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.
21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.
29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
50 Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these."
51 And He said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."
14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
31 "He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
32 "And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
(NKJ)

xxxWhether we call their angel their own angel or their special angel or we call him their guardian angel, the fact remains that from childhood we have all had a guardian angel guiding us. Who always stands before God getting advice to lead us. But our guadian angel only speaks in the language that we have aquired from where we live. Now that same language is the language that the devil is also going to use. Everyone tries to make the right decision in their lives but the devil is good at deception. So we need another voice in our heads to choose and show us who is who.
That would be a Holy Spirit one that only quotes scripture. And with the scriptures He can show us when the devil is deceiving us or with a verse He can show us our guardian angel and the right thing to do.

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,
(NKJ)

None of the verses you posted state that we have a guardian angel, never mind one that guides us from birth. You are adding to the verses, you are interpreting them, which is the very thing you said we are not to do.

GUARDIAN ANGEL SPIRIT
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

So we need another voice in our heads to choose and show us who is who.

This is the root of the issue right here and is one of the ways false doctrine is conceived.

First of all that is not Biblical, second, there are multitudes of mental patients that have voices in their heads.

This is the root of the issue right here and is one of the ways false doctrine is conceived.

First of all that is not Biblical, second, there are multitudes of mental patients that have voices in their heads.
So your admitting you have no idea of who the Holy Spirit is.

So your admitting you have no idea of who the Holy Spirit is.
Your response is childish. If you interpret my words as an admission of not knowing Holy Spirit. This is proof to me that you cannot interpret Scripture.

I have watched how you deflect when other members call you out on the Scriptures that you interpret from your own formed opinions.

I have called you out and you just do not have the answers. I

Your response is childish. If you interpret my words as an admission of not knowing Holy Spirit. This is proof to me that you cannot interpret Scripture.

I have watched how you deflect when other members call you out on the Scriptures that you interpret from your own formed opinions.

I have called you out and you just do not have the answers. I
You should check your imagination it is getting out of hand. Its obvious your having trouble with guilt. That is why God gave us repentance. We can repent 490 times a day and be forgiven. You should try using some.

You should check your imagination it is getting out of hand. Its obvious your having trouble with guilt. That is why God gave us repentance. We can repent 490 times a day and be forgiven. You should try using some.
Prove my imagination is getting out of hand.

Gaslight much.

You could help me by answering the second two points I raised in post #30.
Here they are again.

2. You claim that the Holy Spirit only speaks scripture and quote Jn 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

But not everything that Jesus spoke is recorded in scripture.
But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. (John 21:25)
So how could the Holy Spirit remind the apostles "all that I have said to you" if not all is recorded in scripture?

After his resurrection Jesus spent 40 days with his disciples until his ascension. Unless you think he spent that time chatting about the old days we must presume he was teaching them and giving final instructions of their mission.
Of that time very little is recorded. So how can the Holy Spirit remind them of those teachings if he only speaks scripture?

Moreover, according to Wikipedia, regarding John's gospel "Most scholars estimate the final form of the text to be around AD 90–110." So if the Holy Spirit only spoke scripture he could not remind the apostles of some of the things that Jesus said until 60+ years after Jesus' death.

3. You quote John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

This is about guiding the apostles in the future as new situation arise. But if the Holy Spirit only speaks scripture how could he guide the apostles into all truth in new situations? The Holy Spirit cannot speak anything new if he can only speak what has already been written.

How can the Holy Spirit "declare to you the things that are to come" if he can only quote the past?

These are serious points that need answering

Now do you know the difference between your guardian angel, and your Holy Spirit?? I posted a revelation on your guardian angel so you could get an idea of the role he plays in your life. But he only speaks carnally, and the devil only speaks carnally. But the devil is very deceiving. So God gave us a Holy Spirit and guarantee's what He says is from God. Your guardian angel can tell you things to come from the future and the Holy Spirit can give you verses supporting what he says.

Last edited:
Now do you know the difference between your guardian angel, and your Holy Spirit?? I posted a revelation on your guardian angel so you could get an idea of the role he plays in your life. But he only speaks carnally, and the devil only speaks carnally. But the devil is very deceiving. So God gave us a Holy Spirit and guarantee's what He says is from God. Your guardian angel can tell you things to come from the future and the Holy Spirit can give you verses supporting what he says.

These are serious points that need answering.
A carnally speaking angel?

You simply post verses that have nothing to do with your claims. LABrown, everyone sees this. I suppose you will say that no one here has Holy Spirit in them to understand.

Of course, avoid any confrontation to your beliefs.
Nothing personal but I asked the Lord about you and He said.

[Mat 7:6
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Nothing personal but I asked the Lord about you and He said.

[Mat 7:6
"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
Perhaps you worship the lord of self.

Back