Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Law Of Believing

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

LABrown

The Law Of A Born Again Christian
In Believing

[Jhn 5:37-40
[37] "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
[38] "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
[39] "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
[40] "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
[Jhn 7:38
[38] "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
[1Co 4:6
[6] Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
[18] For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
[19] and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

xxx The Rules of believing are to find all your answers in the verses. To not even think beyond what is written in the verses. To not add or take away one word in the verses. One Cant pervert the scriptures by quoting them, only by interpreting them.

[Mar 14:21
[21] "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born."
1Co 8-5
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
yet for us [there is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom [are] all things, and through whom we [live].

Hi LABrown and welcome to CF :wave2

Going to move this thread over to Biblical Growth & Study for a better fit. New member forum is just for new members to introduce themselves.

God bless

What's sad is that many search the scriptures as they either read along with the Pastor and putting their Bible on the shelf until next service or read a chapter everyday and only getting the jest of what is written like I use to do many years ago. By doing this there is no Spiritual knowledge gained within what they read. Only the Holy Spirit can teach us all things God wants us to learn.

Here is the law of believing:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We hear the preaching of the word of God that leads us as God draws us to Him as we begin our personal relationship with Christ Jesus and learn to be obedient to His commands.

Thanks for the help. But John 3-16 is only the evidence that one has believed correctly. Here is the laws that one should not even think beyond what is written. And dont add one word to a verse or take one word away from a verse.

[1Co 4:6 NKJV]
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19 NKJV]
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

[6] Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

If one believes the law of believing they will know there is no way to teach the trinity or deity. because neither one is in the bible.

1Cor 4:6
I have applied all this to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brethren, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another

There are several things that Paul could have meant by not going beyond what is written but Sola Scriptura is not one of them.

ONLY GUARANTEE (HOLY SPIRIT QUOTING VERSES)
Deut 13:1-3 OLD TESTAMENT
1 "If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
2 "and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods'-- which you have not known--' and let us serve them,'
3 "you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

II Th 2:9-11 NEW TESTAMENT
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
1 Tim 6:20-21
20 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babble and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge--
21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith. Grace be with you. Amen.
2 Cor 1:21-22
21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God,
22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Eph 1:13-16
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints,
16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers:
John 5:37
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
Heb 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Matt 5:45
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
John 1:17-18
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Matt 12:18-21
18 "Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen, my Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
19 He will not quarrel nor cry out, nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory;
21 And in His name Gentiles will trust."
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
John 14:24-26
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 5:4-5
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)
xxx There is ONLY one guaranteed message from God for today, the Holy Spirit and He only quotes verses. And Christ came to make a way that we can have our own Holy Spirit to teach us. And the new testament is the authority of Jesus Christ. We dont even keep the old testament or those who say thus sayest the Lord. We submit to the new testament Holy Spirit that only quotes verses from the new testament. We live and abide in the doctrine of Christ.

II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

xxx And anyone who knows the Holy Spirit on a personal basis, would want to prove the Holy Spirit was leading them by showing the verses that the Holy Spirit motivated them with to speak. We as born again christians knows the importance of proving the Holy Spirit is leading us.

Rom 12:2
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 2:10
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
(NKJ)

1Thes 5:21
21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
(NKJ)

6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him

What does this verse have to do with “quoting verses“?

JLB

What does this verse have to do with “quoting verses“?

JLB
But without faith

without faith one cant believe that all the new testament verses they remember comes from the Holy Spirit. The language of the Holy Spirit.
[Jhn 14:26

But without faith

without faith one cant believe that all the new testament verses they remember comes from the Holy Spirit. The language of the Holy Spirit.

Faith comes by hearing God; His spoken word to us

Faith has nothing to do with “reading scripture”.

Contextually we see this principle —

By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. Hebrews 11:7

The faith Noah received came by hearing God warn him.

JLB

Faith comes by hearing God; His spoken word to us

Faith has nothing to do with “reading scripture”.

Contextually we see this principle —

By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. Hebrews 11:7

The faith Noah received came by hearing God warn him.

JLB
That was old testament, we are in the new testament. And no body hears Gods voice now.

[Jhn 5:37
"And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
[Jhn 12:48-50
"He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. "For I have not spoken on My own [authority]; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."

The Law Of A Born Again Christian
In Believing

[Jhn 5:37-40
[37] "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
[38] "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
[39] "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
[40] "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
[Jhn 7:38
[38] "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
[Rev 22:18-19
[18] For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
[19] and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

xxx The Rules of believing are to find all your answers in the verses. To not even think beyond what is written in the verses. To not add or take away one word in the verses. One Cant pervert the scriptures by quoting them, only by interpreting them.

[Mar 14:21
[21] "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born."
1Co 8-5
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
yet for us [there is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom [are] all things, and through whom we [live].
One has to think to understand the verses, which means that one is interpreting them. All your posts are proof of this, since you believe the verses you post actually say something about the subject which you are posting. The proof of that is that you disagree with other users' understanding of some of the same verses. In other words, you have interpreted the verses to get a specific understanding from them. It is impossible to read and gain understanding without interpreting.

2Ti 2:7 Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything. (ESV)

There is ONLY one guaranteed message from God for today, the Holy Spirit and He only quotes verses.
Nowhere does scripture say the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.

Christ came to make a way that we can have our own Holy Spirit to teach us.

Nowhere does scripture say that we have our own Holy Spirit to teach us.

That was old testament, we are in the new testament. And no body hears Gods voice now.
Nowhere does scripture say that no body hears God's voice now.

One has to think to understand the verses, which means that one is interpreting them. All your posts are proof of this, since you believe the verses you post actually say something about the subject which you are posting. The proof of that is that you disagree with other users' understanding of some of the same verses. In other words, you have interpreted the verses to get a specific understanding from them. It is impossible to read and gain understanding without interpreting.

2Ti 2:7 Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything. (ESV)
Well you have a right to your own opinion I recon.

Your one of them naysayers. One that just says no to all scripture. And rely on your own understanding.

Your one of them naysayers. One that just says no to all scripture. And rely on your own understanding.
I believe the scriptures, but you provide none that say what you claim.

Provide some, and prove me wrong in what I said in post #15

The Holy Spirit will bring to remembrance what Jesus has said-New Testament because Jesus wasnt in the old testament.

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Like it says here the Holy Spirit is NOT ALLOWED to speak any other way or on His own authority.

[Jhn 16:13-14
"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority], but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.

You or anyone reading the new testament, has never heard Gods voice, nor see His form.

[Jhn 5:37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.

Well you have a right to your own opinion I recon.
I do, but that is not my opinion. All of your posts show that you are trying to present a specific understanding of certain verses, which means you have interpreted them. It's simply how learning works.

Mat 27:37 And over his head they put the charge against him, which read, “This is Jesus, the King of the Jews.”

Mar 15:26 And the inscription of the charge against him read, “The King of the Jews.”

Luk 23:38 There was also an inscription over him, “This is the King of the Jews.”

Joh 19:19 Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It read, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.”

So, what did the inscription say?

Mat 20:20 Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came up to him with her sons, and kneeling before him she asked him for something.

Mar 10:35 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came up to him and said to him, “Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you.”

Who approached Jesus, James and John or their mother?

Mat 27:5 And throwing down the pieces of silver into the temple, he departed, and he went and hanged himself.
Mat 27:6 But the chief priests, taking the pieces of silver, said, “It is not lawful to put them into the treasury, since it is blood money.”
Mat 27:7 So they took counsel and bought with them the potter's field as a burial place for strangers.

Act 1:18 (Now this man acquired a field with the reward of his wickedness, and falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out.

Who purchased the field, the chief priests or Judas?

(All ESV.)

Back