Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Living Water and the Spirit : Need for Baptism by Immersion.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador

Screenshot_20220607-065723.png

An Emoji Devotional for Tue, 7th June 2022

Topic: The Living Water and the Spirit : Need for Baptism by Immersion.

Highlight:

When the waters saw you, O God, when the waters saw you, they were afraid; indeed, the deep trembled. Psalm 77:16

The Spirit of God was moving on Water. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:5 KJV

In the midst of darkness on earth just like sands in the desert, darkness was everywhere. Where is the sun? God found water!. When God saw water, "The Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters". God saw on water this clear picture of everything that be. "Let there be Light" and something Switched it into existence. In the realms of water, every PLANET were already existing. God saw them through the reflection of His own self(THE BIG LIGHT)

Who switched the light? The word spoken by the Spirit yes created the Light. And there was light....Jesus came on the scene John 8:12, 44; John 1:5. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Genesis 1:3‭-‬4 KJV

....the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:2 KJV

God found a living water! "The Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters". God reflected on water and there is very clear picture of the future of the entire world of today under the water. Darkness has hidden it. "Let there be Light" Just like a dream, everything was just the beginning. However, what darkness has hidden is revealed today! When Adam lost his glory, the light and glory was taken. We need Jesus to give back that light. We will return to the source of reflection and there is the need for a water baptism to reignite the lost glory of the beginning. To God be the glory!

The body of man has a striking resemblance of Pure Spirit of light walking on living waters. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over ... the earth.

Genesis 1:26 KJV

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water (Where the Spirit of Light can manifest)

John 7:38 KJV

Today Christian believers of Christ are in such image as God authority having dominion over the Spiritual world to command natural and supernatural into existence, Human was given dominion to command the artificial into intelligence. Today Jesus is our source of hope in all our existence and This same water is essential for our Baptism. No man can survive without water. But if you will live forever, you need the living water.

Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days. Acts 10:48-49

Today, it an opportunity to drink and use water. But remember that if you are not saved through our Lord Jesus Christ, your glory and magnificent life may be missing. Listen! It’s the voice of someone shouting, “Clear the way through the wilderness for the LORD! Make a straight highway through the wasteland for our God! Isaiah 40:3

Are you baptized by immersion in the name of Jesus today?

If you are not baptized by immersion, go to a Bible believing church in your community and speak to the pastor today. Rather Jesus can baptize us in the Holy Ghost and Fire today!

Prayer: Father Give me the living water today and Baptize me in the Holy Ghost and Fire Today in Jesus name. Amen

From Pentecostal/Baptist background, I’d rather say…

1# that water-baptism is generally recommended for believers, a personal dramatisation of the death/burial/resurrection of our lord, and can be a cultural way to declare our allegiance;

2# that spirit-baptism is generally recommended for believers, as a dimension of the spirit that helps them internally/devotionally, and aids evangelism;

3# that we can all do with the living water of conversion, which allows the former addons.

I believe in adult full immersion baptism initiated by the baptizee and not pressured/coerced by anyone else. This (baptism) is a very personal act of obedience by one seeking to become a disciple of Christ with the Holy Spirit guiding one in the way of eternal life. People pressuring one to be baptized can make the event disingenuous.

I believe in adult full immersion baptism initiated by the baptizee and not pressured/coerced by anyone else. This (baptism) is a very personal act of obedience by one seeking to become a disciple of Christ with the Holy Spirit guiding one in the way of eternal life. People pressuring one to be baptized can make the event disingenuous.
Although by 'adult', would you in principle include, say, a 5 y.o. who has become a Christian. I prefer the term, believer baptism.

Although by 'adult', would you in principle include, say, a 5 y.o. who has become a Christian. I prefer the term, believer baptism.
I think as long as the child makes the decision for themselves, then maybe so. I see no Biblical baptizing of kids though. The Temple admins had baptismal pools, but they were only for themselves, I think. John took baptism out to the common Jews and Jesus took it to the common man (Gentiles). Please tell me if you see any examples of children being baptized. I was baptized as an infant, but I really felt the Lord present when I again did so as an adult.

I think as long as the child makes the decision for themselves, then maybe so. I see no Biblical baptizing of kids though. The Temple admins had baptismal pools, but they were only for themselves, I think. John took baptism out to the common Jews and Jesus took it to the common man (Gentiles). Please tell me if you see any examples of children being baptized. I was baptized as an infant, but I really felt the Lord present when I again did so as an adult.
We could argue on the ‘show me’, line, that conversion was limited to adults, since no explicit example of pre-adult converts exists. If clear examples are required, we might exclude Chine from water-baptism (no NT example). Can we extend the principle of believer-water-baptism beyond clear examples?

We would I think, agree that water-baptism was limited to converts, and that biblically all converts were encouraged (explicitly/implicitly) to be water-baptised. Ergo, any child convert would be encouraged to be water-baptised.

Those arguing for infant-water-baptism, tend to use Ac.10; 16 (Jailer); 18; 1 Cor.16; & Ac.16 (Lydia), arguing that it is implicit that infants would be in such households, and explicit that such households were water-baptised en bloc. There is some strength in their argument, I think, but not their conclusion.

I hold that the first 4 refs all contain an element of each member of the household water-baptised, as having believer-faith. Ac.16 (Lydia) is the only household that is silent as to 1# age and 2# believer faith. To argue for infant-water-baptism from one unclear example is rather pushing it, but surely it is likely enough that within the 5 households, post-infancy pre-adults would have existed, ie old enough to believe. The implication of the texts (possibly including Ac.16 Lydia) is that each household person capable of believing did believe and was water-baptised, and that some believers would have been pre-adults.

For you, the simple difference was not adult-water-baptism per se, but believer-water-baptism per se. As a believer (age incidental), you felt the lord’s presence.

Back