Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Man thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"And ,finally you abuse the telephone girl she doesn't connect you in a minute.Bad temper, I say you abuse your wife , you go cussing around if supper isn't ready on time; cussing because the coffee isn't hot ;you dig your fork into a hunk of beefsteak and put it on your plate and then say.

'Where did you get this, in a harness shop?
Take it out and make a hinge for the door,

Then you go to your store , or office , and everybody thinks you are an angel about to sprout wings and fly to the imperial realm above.

Bad temper ! You growl at your children , you snap and snarl around house until they have to go to the neighbors to see a smile.
They never get a kind word - no wonder so many of them go to the devil quick." Sermon -"Wild Billy" Sunday Detroit around 1917.

I am just wondering guys .Have things really changed for the better?If I were going for Congress Im sure this one would be a hit for the Ladies Vote,even if I was not so perfect myself at home on the typically darker side.

"And ,finally you abuse the telephone girl she doesn't connect you in a minute.Bad temper, I say you abuse your wife , you go cussing around if supper isn't ready on time; cussing because the coffee isn't hot ;you dig your fork into a hunk of beefsteak and put it on your plate and then say.

'Where did you get this, in a harness shop?
Take it out and make a hinge for the door,

Then you go to your store , or office , and everybody thinks you are an angel about to sprout wings and fly to the imperial realm above.

Bad temper ! You growl at your children , you snap and snarl around house until they have to go to the neighbors to see a smile.
They never get a kind word - no wonder so many of them go to the devil quick." Sermon -"Wild Billy" Sunday Detroit around 1917.

I am just wondering guys .Have things really changed for the better?If I were going for Congress Im sure this one would be a hit for the Ladies Vote,even if I was not so perfect myself at home on the typically darker side.

Wow, Billy Sunday said that to men during the Victorian era.
Funny thing about truth, like God it never changes.

What do you think guys.Do you think the above statements are truthful?
Well Kathi, I don't want to burst your bubble, but since you asked.
All your expressions of real men cannot possibly apply to all real men.
They are someone's interpretation of a real man, whether that be a man or a woman.
It would better read "the ideal man in my opinion".
As far as your first one, a guy being insecure about losing his girl, I think it would read better that a guy is insecure about losing his girl or anything else in life, depending how insecure he is about himself.

I was being a little bit silly. For example if my wife asks me the ultimate question whether a certain outfit makes her look fat (her term not mine) or if I think another certain woman is pretty, I am doomed no matter the answer so I will refuse to answer and do my best to just change the subject.
Oh I get it.Trying not to hurt her feelings.....or get you in big trouble :) But by asking you those questions she is putting you on the spot.

I was being a little bit silly. For example if my wife asks me the ultimate question whether a certain outfit makes her look fat (her term not mine) or if I think another certain woman is pretty, I am doomed no matter the answer so I will refuse to answer and do my best to just change the subject.

There again that is because you know Your wife. :)

Oh I get it.Trying not to hurt her feelings.....or get you in big trouble :) But by asking you those questions she is putting you on the spot.

Sometimes it's better to hold my tongue than to dig myself a hole, or to lie. WIP is correct (as usual, lol)

I remember one time my wife put on her new outfit and asked me, does this make me look good? I answered no...and got the shotgun eyes....then I said, you make it look good, and the ice melted. :lol

I love seeing how people and their relationships can be so different and still be healthy relationships.
I wouldn't ask my husband any question that I couldn't take an honest answer in return.
Maybe it's a good thing to first ask yourself a question, do I Really want to know an honest answer?

I love seeing how people and their relationships can be so different and still be healthy relationships.
I wouldn't ask my husband any question that I couldn't take an honest answer in return.
Maybe it's a good thing to first ask yourself a question, do I Really want to know an honest answer?
It has to do with thrust and security.

What does? I not sure I understand.
If a woman is asking for an opinion from her husband I am assuming she is asking for an honest answer.There are some people I would not ask their opinion.If a woman is insecure a tiny negative remark and she is going to jump on him.How would she feel if she left for a special occasion with a huge booger hanging out her nose?Would she like her husbands opinion then?I think I could honestly value my husbands opinion.If he had good taste.And some guys do.

If a woman is asking for an opinion from her husband I am assuming she is asking for an honest answer.There are some people I would not ask their opinion.If a woman is insecure a tiny negative remark and she is going to jump on him.How would she feel if she left for a special occasion with a huge booger hanging out her nose?Would she like her husbands opinion then?I think I could honestly value my husbands opinion.If he had good taste.And some guys do.

:lol Sometimes you are a trip.
I agree that a wife might ask her husband if she looks good in something if he has good taste.
I was thinking along the lines of other things as well. Like what to make for dinner. There are times that I don't want to take the time to say make lasagne, so I am not going to ask my husband want he would like for dinner, he might say lasagne. :helmet In that case, I don't want to hear the honest answer.
Have you ever heard that a good lawyer will never ask a question of a witness unless he already knows the answer?

:lol Sometimes you are a trip.
I agree that a wife might ask her husband if she looks good in something if he has good taste.
I was thinking along the lines of other things as well. Like what to make for dinner. There are times that I don't want to take the time to say make lasagne, so I am not going to ask my husband want he would like for dinner, he might say lasagne. :helmet In that case, I don't want to hear the honest answer.
Have you ever heard that a good lawyer will never ask a question of a witness unless he already knows the answer?
This is my idea of a good husband.You have had a really rough day.Your husband cooks.He says "Honey I am making dinner tonight go relax".

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back