Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Most Amazing Thing In The Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Most Amazing Thing In The Bible

The most amazing thing in the bible is when God's anger grew against all of the homosexuality practiced by the inhabitants in Sodom and Gomorrah and yet Lot, who was the only righteous man left in Sodom and Gomorrah, couldn't see their sinful immoral acts as causing God to be so angry that God wanted to destroy both cities.

Today we see the same thing as all the supposed Christian clergy cannot see the immoral act of homosexuality as causing God any anger. Additionally Lot's wife, who was told to flee without looking back, represents the bride of Christ – the Christian church – and today's Christian church is looking back at all the sinful acts of homosexuality with fondness and acceptance!

God help us all, as the Rapture draws near!

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and flee the immorality of homosexuality so you'll be included in the rapture when Jesus Christ will return for all of his faithful who haven't turned into a 'pillar of salt' (hint: like Lot's wife) and flee the immorality of homosexuality and all those who promote and practice it!

God Bless
These are the sins of Sodom: Ezekiel 16:49-58 NIV

To the point that He destroyed them all, their cities and warned the righteous to not look back.

To be clear scripturally speaking there is no difference between the act of the sin of homosexuality or the act of sin that every last heterosexual male on the planet has done numerous times in Matt. 5:28.

Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't get the scriptural picture about their own sins and more than likely never will.

You all should realize that Abraham bargained with The Lord to save the wicked along with the righteous, provided there was still a minimum of the righteous among the wicked. The Lord accepted the bargain. Thus it was not the existence of any particular sin which doomed these societies, but the absence of righteousness.:twocents
A play on words does not change the facts, The absence of righteousness leaves the presence of sin. God did not find any righteous man among them. The penalty for sin is death by God's decree. Death is an intruder into God's creation. God is destroying men who are disobedient. That is what sin is. Disobedience to the will of of God.

The verse "God gave them over to unnatural lusts" doesn't mean that?
Attraction isn't the same as lust. Even opposite-sex lust is sin, as Jesus points out, but simply being attracted to someone isn't a sin. What is interesting though since it is the homosexual acts that are condemned, it would seem that they are condemned regardless of whether it is a homosexual couple or heterosexual couple that does them.

Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't get the scriptural picture about their own sins and more than likely never will.
I Think that anyone who does not follow your philosophizing of sin to your way of thinking will never understand your exhortations and never will. The seeds of sin start in the mind (Matt. 5:28) , And man is drawn away by his OWN LUST and enticed. Then when lust is conceived it brings forth sin. And when sin is achieved, death stands at the door. (James 1:13-21)

Attraction isn't the same as lust. Even opposite-sex lust is sin, as Jesus points out, but simply being attracted to someone isn't a sin. What is interesting though since it is the homosexual acts that are condemned, it would seem that they are condemned regardless of whether it is a homosexual couple or heterosexual couple that does them.
We need to quit philosophizing sin and excusing why we sin as if it is not fair that God condemns sin in sinful man, and understand that we die because we sin! And those who live know that, because the Lord has shed a light in dark places in our heart, to expose sin in sinful man......Repent or perish. This is to and for all mankind.

I Think that anyone who does not follow your philosophizing of sin to your way of thinking will never understand your exhortations and never will.

Just say it Douglas. Your sins are better than the homosexuals sins.

I cited the fact, scriptural fact, that where the Word is sown, Satan "actively" resists and does so in the flesh of mankind.

Here are a handful of scriptures showing this fact. Mark 4:15, Romans 7:7-13, Gal. 5:17, 1 John 3:8.

The connections of sin to devils is quite clear. Rather than "blaming and accusing" homosexuals believers would be better served to understand what happened to them and perhaps look closer at themselves and their own sins in the light of scripture first. I get sick of the hypocrisy, personally, that believers employ in these matters as if "we" are any better because we're not. 1 Tim. 1:15

Just say it Douglas. Your sins are better than the homosexuals sins.

I cited the fact, scriptural fact, that where the Word is sown, Satan "actively" resists and does so in the flesh of mankind.

Here are a handful of scriptures showing this fact. Mark 4:15, Romans 7:7-13, Gal. 5:17, 1 John 3:8.

The connections of sin to devils is quite clear. Rather than "blaming and accusing" homosexuals believers would be better served to understand what happened to them and perhaps look closer at themselves and their own sins in the light of scripture first. I get sick of the hypocrisy, personally, that believers employ in these matters as if "we" are any better because we're not. 1 Tim. 1:15
Study the Scriptural facts I posted. I don't know what you are talking about that one sin is better than another? One sin has the same judgment as any other sin. For if a man commiteth one sin, the judgment would be the same if he committed them all. The Scriptures you posted add nothing to what you are trying to teach me, because you use the meaning of them in an erroneous and complicated view. Repent or perish, every born again believer KNOWS he is a sinner. The simplicity of salvation is in Christ......by faith.

We need to quit philosophizing sin and excusing why we sin as if it is not fair that God condemns sin in sinful man, and understand that we die because we sin! And those who live know that, because the Lord has shed a light in dark places in our heart, to expose sin in sinful man......Repent or perish. This is to and for all mankind.
I don't understand what this has to do with what I posted.

These are the sins of Sodom: Ezekiel 16:49-58 NIV
I'm glad you brought up that section of scripture and I think especially the first part of it is worth posting word for word here:
“ ‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me.
With all the hatred by Christians toward homosexuals today it's interesting to notice that Biblical descriptions of the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah don't even bother to mention homosexuality! Yet we talk about homosexuals, especially male homosexuals as if this was the ultimate sin, the only sin that caused God to burn to death all the people of two entire cities because He hates homosexuality so much more than all other sins. "Sodomy" even became and English word to describe the act in question and those who commit the sins in question are now called Sodomites. Yet look at the descriptions in scripture of what the true sins of Sodom were.

Yes, homosexuality was most likely one of the sins. But common sense tells us that the main and most wicked of sins that caused God to destroy two entire cities in such a violent way would certainly be listed in the Biblical descriptions of the sins that caused this, certainly the most important and most vile in God's eyes would have been at the top of the list! So the sins at the top of the list are the ones we really need to be concerned about if we are going to be honest about God's word to us. So what are those sins? Pride and haughtiness, gluttony, being "unconcerned" (from the Hebrew:shalvâh, meaning a sense of security, either real or false, usually coming from a sense of abundance and prosperity), failure to help the poor and needy, and "other detestable things". Notice that homosexuality isn't even mentioned one time, not even near the bottom of the list. At best it may have been one of the "other detestable things" and probably was since it is alluded to in the description of the mob trying to get Lot to turn the angels over to them. But it wasn't even close enough to the primary sins that God was upset about to warrant a specific mention!

So with that in mind, and considering how many Christians have taken to harping about homosexuality these days as if this and this alone was going to bring the destruction of America, the world, and the destruction of the Christian church itself I ask you this: How many of you who are condemning homosexuals have in your own lives, today, recently, and in an ongoing way, actively done something to prevent yourselves from being guilty of the actual sins listed as being the sins which God detested the most and which caused the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? How many of you brought food to a homeless person recently, or did whatever else for them that they needed? (And, by the way, I don't mean you gave money to your church trusting them to do the dirty work. I mean what did you do.) How many of you took a homeless person in under your roof today so they would have a safe place to sleep? Even if a person wasn't homeless, how many of you did something today or recently to help anyone who was less fortunate than you are? Did any of you do something for a physically handicapped, mentally ill, or otherwise disabled person recently to make them feel loved and accepted? Or have you been committing the Sodomite sin of "not helping the poor and needy"? How many of you have a good job that has provided you a nice home that you go home to without much concern that it could all be taken away? (The Sodomite sin of being "unconcerned".) Sure you may think about that sometimes when prompted, but how many of you for most of the time simply take it for granted day in and day out? How many of you in your secure home or some nice restaurant ate a meal not until you had eaten enough just to fuel your body, but ate until you were full and didn't want to eat any more, probably throwing some of the leftover food in the trash? (The Sodomite sin of being "overfed".) And while eating that meal in your comfortable and safe home or nice restaurant, how many of you felt good and glad you weren't "less fortunate", or even bothered to concern yourself with those less fortunate at all? (The Sodomite sin of arrogance.) So, how many of you are truly "Sodomites" in that you have committed the actual sins of Sodom as listed in scripture, unrepentant, over and over for a big part of your lives?

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." Jesus, John 8:7b)

Last edited:
With all the hatred by Christians toward homosexuals today it's interesting to notice that Biblical descriptions of the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah don't even bother to mention homosexuality! Yet we talk about homosexuals, especially male homosexuals as if this was the ultimate sin, the only sin that caused God to burn to death all the people of two entire cities because He hates homosexuality so much more than all other sins. "Sodomy" even became and English word to describe the act in question and those who commit the sins in question are now called Sodomites. Yet look at the descriptions in scripture of what the true sins of Sodom were.
What is a true sin? Sin is sin. The penalty for one sin or many sins is the same. What is disgusting about homosexuality is that it is sin with the body. All other sins are committed outside the body, but fornication is a sin AGAINST the body that was created by and for God. To try and lesson homosexuality as just another sin because it is not at the top of the list, is counter productive to it's severity to defile a creation by God in the image of God. Romans Chapter 1 gives a lot of attention to homosexuality. If homosexuality does not sicken your moral soul, as any other sin, I would question my walk and fellowship with the Lord as of late.

What is a true sin? Sin is sin. The penalty for one sin or many sins is the same. What is disgusting about homosexuality is that it is sin with the body. All other sins are committed outside the body, but fornication is a sin AGAINST the body that was created by and for God. To try and lesson homosexuality as just another sin because it is not at the top of the list, is counter productive to it's severity to defile a creation by God in the image of God. Romans Chapter 1 gives a lot of attention to homosexuality. If homosexuality does not sicken your moral soul, as any other sin, I would question my walk and fellowship with the Lord as of late.
Go back and read my entire post instead of just reading and pasting one small part.

You're actually asking me what true sin is in the way I used that term in my post? Isn't it obvious that I'm talking about the truth of scripture in it's description of the sins that were truly being committed, as opposed to some made up man made story that wasn't true? You're acting as if I'm saying homosexuality isn't a "true" sin. Maybe you should read my post again so you can see I never said any such thing.

Also, please explain why "fornication is a sin AGAINST the body that was created by and for God" while you don't say this about other sins that affect our bodies. There is a reason for this, I just want to see if you know what it is. Most Christians that harp on and on about the horrors of fornication don't know what it is.

And while you're reading it, answer the questions I posed for you and your life. You know, the ones you didn't include in your quote of my statement. While you are telling me all about how "sin is sin", tell me how well you are doing with avoiding the sins I ask about in the rest of my post, and tell me how you think the words of Jesus that I included in the part you avoided quoting apply to all this, if you think they apply at all. Then explain to me how any failures you may have in your life don't make you just as bad as the practicing homosexual since, as you say, sin is sin. Also ask yourself how you can in one sentence tell me "sin is sin", implying that all sin is equal, and then in another sentence say that "To try and lesson [sic] homosexuality as just another sin because it is not at the top of the list, is counter productive to it's severity..." and explain that contradiction to me. After you've done all this, then you may question my walk and fellowship with the Lord as of late if you want to.

Last edited:
Romans 1:26 is one judgement
Romans 1:28 is another separate judgement.

Both are self imposed curses... neither a positive.
Romans is very clear with no wiggle room. So even the attraction is a curse as a result of very intentional sin.

At the time of Paul's writing this paper was very expensive. Ink also was extremely expensive. Therefore there is a reason it was written in such a fashion.

The later verses explain that Homosexual attraction is the symptom of the problem. It in itself is a problem yes, but it's indicative of a worse problem.

Also, please explain why "fornication is a sin AGAINST the body that was created by and for God" while you don't say this about other sins that affect our bodies. There is a reason for this, I just want to see if you know what it is. Most Christians that harp on and on about the horrors of fornication don't know what it is.
(1 Cor. 6:15-20) Will explain your question. I read your whole post. What I got out of it was that homosexuality was the worst sin, but that God mentions other sins with out mentioning homosexuality as a worse sin. But Scripture and the witness of the Holy Spirit put an emphasis on homosexuality by the Scripture above and (Rom. 1:21-32). In The OT, the sin of homosexuality was a sin of instant death, which makes it a sin to be judged and penalized immediately. (Lev. 20:13) Just as the mitigating factor in Sodom and Gomorrah was total destruction. Not all sins are judged and punishment of death carried out as quickly as homosexuality. All sin brings death, but not all sentences are carried out as quickly.

1 John 5:17 New International Version (NIV)

All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.
What do you think that Scripture means? You need to include the whole of Chapter 5 to know why there is sin that does not lead to death, and why there is sin that does lead to death.

(1 Cor. 6:15-20) Will explain your question. I read your whole post. What I got out of it was that homosexuality was the worst sin, but that God mentions other sins with out mentioning homosexuality as a worse sin. But Scripture and the witness of the Holy Spirit put an emphasis on homosexuality by the Scripture above and (Rom. 1:21-32). In The OT, the sin of homosexuality was a sin of instant death, which makes it a sin to be judged and penalized immediately. (Lev. 20:13) Just as the mitigating factor in Sodom and Gomorrah was total destruction. Not all sins are judged and punishment of death carried out as quickly as homosexuality. All sin brings death, but not all sentences are carried out as quickly.
Your scripture reference which I am well familiar with did not answer my question. Also, you did not understand my post even after I explained it to you.

I'm glad you brought up that section of scripture and I think especially the first part of it is worth posting word for word here:

Yes, homosexuality was most likely one of the sins. But common sense tells us that the main and most wicked of sins that caused God to destroy two entire cities in such a violent way would certainly be listed in the Biblical descriptions of the sins that caused this, certainly the most important and most vile in God's eyes would have been at the top of the list! So the sins at the top of the list are the ones we really need to be concerned about if we are going to be honest about God's word to us. So what are those sins? Pride and haughtiness, gluttony, being "unconcerned" (from the Hebrew:shalvâh, meaning a sense of security, either real or false, usually coming from a sense of abundance and prosperity), failure to help the poor and needy, and "other detestable things". Notice that homosexuality isn't even mentioned one time, not even near the bottom of the list. At best it may have been one of the "other detestable things" and probably was since it is alluded to in the description of the mob trying to get Lot to turn the angels over to them. But it wasn't even close enough to the primary sins that God was upset about to warrant a specific mention!

So with that in mind, and considering how many Christians have taken to harping about homosexuality these days as if this and this alone was going to bring the destruction of America, the world, and the destruction of the Christian church itself I ask you this: How many of you who are condemning homosexuals have in your own lives, today, recently, and in an ongoing way, actively done something to prevent yourselves from being guilty of the actual sins listed as being the sins which God detested the most and which caused the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? How many of you brought food to a homeless person recently, or did whatever else for them that they needed? (And, by the way, I don't mean you gave money to your church trusting them to do the dirty work. I mean what did you do.) How many of you took a homeless person in under your roof today so they would have a safe place to sleep? Even if a person wasn't homeless, how many of you did something today or recently to help anyone who was less fortunate than you are? Did any of you do something for a physically handicapped, mentally ill, or otherwise disabled person recently to make them feel loved and accepted? Or have you been committing the Sodomite sin of "not helping the poor and needy"? How many of you have a good job that has provided you a nice home that you go home to without much concern that it could all be taken away? (The Sodomite sin of being "unconcerned".) Sure you may think about that sometimes when prompted, but how many of you for most of the time simply take it for granted day in and day out? How many of you in your secure home or some nice restaurant ate a meal not until you had eaten enough just to fuel your body, but ate until you were full and didn't want to eat any more, probably throwing some of the leftover food in the trash? (The Sodomite sin of being "overfed".) And while eating that meal in your comfortable and safe home or nice restaurant, how many of you felt good and glad you weren't "less fortunate", or even bothered to concern yourself with those less fortunate at all? (The Sodomite sin of arrogance.) So, how many of you are truly "Sodomites" in that you have committed the actual sins of Sodom as listed in scripture, unrepentant, over and over for a big part of your lives?

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." Jesus, John 8:7b)
What you are describing wasn't the worst sin of Sodom and it's suburb Gomorrah.

Romans 1-2:1 explains in detail why and how homosexuality is a self imposed curse. Romans 1:26 mentions the first curse of same sex attraction.
Romans 1:28 is the second curse of activities....then the whole of the curse is revealed in that homosexuality is only the symptom of the problem. The problem is complete soul corruption. The natural revulsion we have with Homosexuals and they for those that do not approve of homosexuality is a God given revulsion to keep them from being a part of our congregations. God doesn't want us accepting of them.
Peter wrote of them as Soloman said,"A dog returns to its vomit".
Now since Hebrew has no bad words like Homosexual a euphemism was used. That euphemism was "dog"...as in do not cast your bread to the dogs or else they will turn on you and bite you.
It isn't the homosexuality itself that is the problem as it is the indication of more problems than anyone can deal with.

Sexual sins are internal sins...ones that reach your soul. Moreso than a lie or stealing. These types of sins harden your heart egregiously.
While there is breath there is hope....but the symptom of homosexuality does not have a good prognosis of future events.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back