Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the new lite church

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ezra

Does it seem to you that churches these days just expect too much from their people? Well before you remember that Jesus told us to pick up our cross and follow Him daily, read the following announcement.

Has the heaviness of your old fashioned church got you weighted down? Try us! We are the New and Improved Lite Church of the Valley. Studies have shown we have 24% fewer commitments than other churches. We guarantee to trim off guilt, because we are Low-Cal.

Low Calvin, that is. We are the home of the 7.5% tithe. We promise 40-minute worship services, with 10-minute sermons.

Next Sunday's exciting text is the story of the Feeding of the 3,000.

We have only 8 Commandments - - You choose which ones apply each week.

We use just 3 gospels in our contemporary New Testament "Good Sound Bites for Modern Human Beings".

We take the offering every other week, all major credit cards accepted, of course, or use our easy payment plan.

We are closed the first week of hunting season.

Yes, the New and Improved Lite Church of the Valley could be just what you are looking for.

We are everything you want in a church . . . and less!

Jesus said His yoke is easy and His burden is light, so I would rather take on what He requires of me than man-made programs and agendas. When we walk in the spirit the appointments we are to have will come to us naturally day to day. I entered into the rest of the Lord years ago.. it's good to be free.

Conforming you thinking to rational solutions when working with the logic of God. Leave formulaes and management plans outside the door of the church.

nothing profits anything but faith working by love.

We do not need MORE dead and dry religion! We need more of the Living Christ!

Now how someone brings His Glory forward and pesents it to His Flock is a debatable issue? But Christ Jesus must be the bread of Life, and He said "feed my sheep" not beat my sheep.

It is the goodness of God that leads to repentance.
The Gospel means GOOD NEWS! not more dead religion.

So not sure of the point of this thread? But I am sure that Jesus Christ is the very focus of all things!

This really depends on the denomination and the individual congregation. Many of the bigger churches (nondenom, AofG, Saddleback, etc...) pretty much have a laid back attitude when it comes to people getting involved. This is because there is no shortage of people who are willing to get involved in one ministry or another.

In smaller congregations you will find many people who get burned out because there are the doers and the people who just show up on Sunday. The doers tend to get burned out because they are the only ones doing anything.

I am not bragging, but I believe our congregation has been blessed with a good balance, even though we are relatively small, of people who are willing to get involved in various ministries. Our leadership are doing a pretty good job of challenging members to help out others when they can.

nothing profits anything but faith working by love.

We do not need MORE dead and dry religion! We need more of the Living Christ!

Now how someone brings His Glory forward and pesents it to His Flock is a debatable issue? But Christ Jesus must be the bread of Life, and He said "feed my sheep" not beat my sheep.

It is the goodness of God that leads to repentance.
The Gospel means GOOD NEWS! not more dead religion.

So not sure of the point of this thread? But I am sure that Jesus Christ is the very focus of all things!
i my self have a hard time understanding much any of the replies ..i posted that as a type funny but also on a serious note as some really want a lite church..

Back