Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The power of our words

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
destiny said:
Relic said:

No where in the original post did she say "her" words were supreme to the Word of God.

The original post was about magnifying God and realizing the power of HIS spoken word. And the whole implication within it was to exemplify how we are to apply the Word of God in the scriptures into our lives.

Sothenes, you are blowing this so out of proportion and have taken a perfectly good original post and made such a mess out of it by accusing it to be like some ungodly metaphysical promotion.

You have made a mountain out of a mole hill. and have congested this thread so much with different issues, that now you are scattered with all over the place. I feel like I'm in a traffic jam! :sad Please, Deal with one thing at a time.

Sad, so sad how you have escalated this so much more where there is no cause to do so. and now, it has become way off course from the original post. :sad
Hey! :o It just occurred to me, isn't that what trolls do? :roll: :-?

What sothenes is doing is called 'straining at knats'. I hope snowfloater will keep those good posts coming and not be distracted by all this drama.

Thanks for the encouragement. Dont worry, a little drama wont stop me from doing what God has called me to do. There will always be people who dont agree with the things I write but thats OK because I write for God not for them. In saying that, I am always open to constructive critisism and being corrected by the bible. If Sothenes or anyone brings relevent scripture that proves the threads or any part of the threads I post as wrong I will gladly admit my fallicy, apologize to God for leading people in the wrong direction, repent from acting on the things I have been teaching, and ask for Gods forgiveness. God bless you Snowfloater

Relic said:
  • Mt 9:21-22 She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed." Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.

It doesn't say that her words healed her. Jesus said it was because of her faith.

Sothenes, Im not that good with how this reply thing works yet so bare with me. I have placed your name before what you have posted and mine where I have responded. Please as you read this try to magnify God and you will see His truth. If I am missing His truth in all of this then please pray for me that I will see the light of His truth and show me in His word so that I can meditate on the scripture you feel will bring me to the truth.

Sothenes
Matthew 5:36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

Snowfloater
Matthew 5:35-37 Jesus is teaching us to say yes I will do or no I will not do. He is telling us that making oaths to do something is evil. I believe He considered this evil because we are not perfect and our oaths end up broken thus we receive condemnation for breaking our oath. Instead say yes I will do or no I won’t do. LOL I’m reminded of Yoda telling Luke “Try not. Do or do not.†Sorry off topic. I don’t see how Jesus telling us not to make an oath by our head because we can’t change the color of our hair has anything to do with the power of the words that come out of our mouth. But I will continue to meditate on this scripture and ask God for His spirit of revelation.

Sothenes
I don't believe that our words have any power because your words don't have the power to make one hair white or black.

Snowfloater
So because a word can’t change the color of your hair then they have no power to do anything else? Why then do we have to give account for the careless use of the words we speak? Mat 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, . If our words have no power then why does Jesus make telling someone they are worthless and a fool as condemning as murder. Mat 5:21 "You have heard that it was said to those who lived long ago, 'You must not murder,' and 'Whoever murders will be subject to punishment.' Mat 5:22 But I say to you, anyone who is angry with his brother without a cause will be subject to punishment. And whoever says to his brother 'Raka!' will be subject to the Council. And whoever says 'You fool!' will be subject to hell fire. Just for a side note Raka means worthless or empty.

Sothenes
You believe that our words have power

Snowfloater
(Yes this is what I believe)

Sothenes
and the world doesn't believe that their words have power because they feel the need to curse, take the Lord's name in vain, etc.

Snowfloater
I said nothing of what the world believes or what I think the world believes.

Sothenes
Where does this word power come from?

Snowfloater
‘Word Power’ I like that. As I have gone to Gods Word and asked for His Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation I have found that you are absolutely right. The words of our mouths, in and of themselves, are powerless. But the words of our mouths come from the abundance or overflow of what is in your heart. Mat 12:34 You offspring of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. There are two forces in this world, good and evil. When the spirit of this world fills your heart to overflow you speak evil and spread the power of stealing, killing, and destroying. This is why it is so important for us to get the Word of God into our hearts so that we speak from the abundance of Him and in that our words have tremendous power. It seems to me we are either speaking the power of this world or the power of God. Is there really anything in between? This brings us to the question of weather we actually have our own free will or if there is only the will of Good or evil. But that must be saved for a different post.

Sothenes
When I try to come up with a word to describe our "words" that gives them power, I don't come up with a biblical definition that is in any biblical dictionary but I come up with a definition for "word" that more resembles the Occult and the word everyone can settle on is from the branch of physics called "Metaphysics".

Snowfloater
I have to admit to being a bit confused by this but metaphysics is a fascinating study yet any worldly knowledge is suspect until proven by the Word.

Sothenes
The power you claim comes from something beyond our nature because we were made lower than the angels, we're conceived in sin, and our image resembles Adam's fallen image because we were made no longer in God's image but Adam's fallen image and therefore we can't be a god.

Snowfloater
I find this run on sentence to be very confusing also but never once did I say anything about a human being a God or even close to the omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent being that is the one and only God.

Sothenes
Should you wrongly argue that we're in the god class then I have to point out that we have our earthly fallen bodies and not redeemed or glorified bodies and your words will not give you healing because Romans 6:23 says that the wages of sin is death and your words have no power over God's curse because we all have to die and can't be healed by your words alone.

Snowfloater
Jesus and Jesus alone is my righteousness. He has redeemed me from the curse of the law. Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us. For it is written, "A curse on everyone who is hung on a tree!" He gave me the revelation that His Word is health to my flesh. Pro 4:20 My son, listen to my words; bow down your ear to my sayings. Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart. Pro 4:22 For they are life to those who find them, and health to all his flesh. And I am a witness to this for I have seen my flesh healed from what the doctors said could only be fixed by surgery!

Sothenes
No matter how much you try to distant yourselves from the Word of Faith movement or Mind science cults, your theology represents Metaphysics and fairy tale theology even though you are saying the same arguments from the Word of Faith movement and Mind Science Cults.

Snowfloater
I’m sorry you think the bible is fairy tail theology.

Sothenes
One of the cricicisms from Wikipedia is that the Metaphysics of words means that God doesn't assert His power over individual will and choices because this power is in charge of the universe and God just uses it like you just use it and because of your teaching on the power of words, God cannot be supreme.

Snowfloater
It is Gods power that makes the overflow of my heart into words that can change the circumstances of this existence and it only bears good fruit when speaking the goodness of His Word.

Sothenes
Mar 9:28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
Mar 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. Some demons are not subject to your words and your words do not have any power over them which shows that you don't get it.

Snowfloater
I’m sorry what is it that I don’t get? And what do you know of the words that have come out of my mouth and what they have accomplished?
Sothenes, thank you for your concern. This has been a great bible study. I pray that God gives you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. God Bless You.
Snowfloater

Back