Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The purpose of God according to election.

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
The following is a quote from another person in this Forum.

The elect are born already saved in the eternal phase of Salvation by their Eternal election in Christ

This is a major Heresy and should be addressed by the leadership of this Forum.

First and foremost, the elect need salvation just like everyone else, according to God's word.

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 2 Timothy 2:10

Paul referred to Jews as being the elect.

The Jews were God's "chosen" (elect) people. However this refers to them being chosen for purpose, not "chosen" (elected) for salvation.

Paul plainly teaches this clearly in his letter to the Romans.

The purpose the Jews were "chosen" (elect) for was the bloodline lineage of the Messiah; Jesus Christ

3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; 5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. Romans 9:3-5

again

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, “The older shall serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.” Romans 9:10-13

As we see, it was God's purpose that Jacob was chosen was to be the bloodline of the Messiah rather than Esau.

The idea that God chooses some for salvation, in which they are "born saved' is unbiblical.

God does not "choose" some for salvation and others for eternal damnation.

JLB

JLB

You view of election is not exactly correct.

Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.” Every four years in the U.S., we “elect” a President—i.e., we choose who will serve in that office. The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God.

As it stands, the concept of God electing those who will be saved (predestination) isn’t controversial. It is a biblical truth (John 6:44, Romans 8:28-30, Ephesians 1:4-5). What is controversial is how and in what manner God chooses those who will be saved. Throughout church history, there have been two main views on the doctrine of election. One view, which we will call the prescient or foreknowledge view, teaches that God, through His omniscience, knows those who will in the course of time choose of their own free will to place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ for their salvation. On the basis of this divine foreknowledge, God elects these individuals “before the foundation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4).

The second main view is the Augustinian view, which essentially teaches that God not only divinely elects those who will have faith in Jesus Christ, but also divinely elects to grant to these individuals the faith to believe in Christ. In other words, God’s election unto salvation is not based on a foreknowledge of an individual’s faith, but is based on the free, sovereign grace of Almighty God.

The difference boils down to this: who has the ultimate choice in salvation—God or man? In the first view (the prescient view), man has control; his free will is sovereign and becomes the determining factor in God’s election. God can provide the way of salvation through Jesus Christ, but man must choose Christ for himself in order to make salvation real. Ultimately, this view diminishes the biblical understanding of God's sovereignty. This view puts the Creator's provision of salvation at the mercy of the creature; if God wants people in heaven, He has to hope that man will freely choose His way of salvation. In reality, the prescient view of election is no view of election at all, because God is not really choosing—He is only confirming. It is man who is the ultimate chooser.

In the Augustinian view, God has control; He is the one who, of His own sovereign will, freely chooses those whom He will save. He not only elects those whom He will save, but He actually accomplishes their salvation. Rather than simply make salvation possible, God chooses those whom He will save and then saves them. This view puts God in His proper place as Creator and Sovereign.

The Augustinian view is not without problems of its own. Critics have claimed that this view robs man of his free will. If God chooses those who will be saved, then what difference does it make for man to believe? Why preach the gospel? Furthermore, if God elects according to His sovereign will, then how can we be responsible for our actions? These are all good and fair questions that need to be answered. A good passage to answer these questions is Romans 9, the most in-depth passage dealing with God’s sovereignty in election.

The context of the passage flows from Romans 8, which ends with a great climax of praise: “For I am convinced that... [nothing] in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39). This leads Paul to consider how a Jew might respond to that statement. While Jesus came to the lost children of Israel and while the early church was largely Jewish in makeup, the gospel was spreading among the Gentiles much faster than among the Jews. In fact, most Jews saw the gospel as a stumbling block (1 Corinthians 1:23) and rejected Jesus. This would lead the average Jew to wonder if God’s plan of election has failed, since most Jews reject the message of the gospel.

Throughout Romans 9, Paul systematically shows that God’s sovereign election has been in force from the very beginning. He begins with a crucial statement: “For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel” (Romans 9:6). This means that not all people of ethnic Israel (that is, those descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) belong to true Israel (the elect of God). Reviewing the history of Israel, Paul shows that God chose Isaac over Ishmael and Jacob over Esau. Just in case anyone thinks that God was choosing these individuals based on the faith or good works they would do in the future, he adds, “Though they [Jacob and Esau] were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad – in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls” (Romans 9:11).

At this point, one might be tempted to accuse God of acting unjustly. Paul anticipates this accusation in v. 14, stating plainly that God is not unjust in any way. “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion” (Romans 9:15). God is sovereign over His creation. He is free to choose those whom He will choose, and He is free to pass by those whom He will pass by. The creature has no right to accuse the Creator of being unjust. The very thought that the creature can stand in judgment of the Creator is absurd to Paul, and it should be so to every Christian, as well. The balance of Romans 9 substantiates this point.

Ephesians 1:5 tells us that God “predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.” According to this verse, the basis of our being predestined is not something that we do or will do, but is based solely on God. This predetermination is based on His sovereignty, unchanging character (Malachi 3:6), foreknowledge (Romans 8:29, 11:2), love (Ephesians 1:4-5), and plan and pleasure (Ephesians 1:5). God’s desire is that all would be saved and come to repentance (1 Timothy 2:4, 2 Peter 3:9). He offers salvation to everyone (Titus 2:11) and has made Himself plain to everyone so that everyone is without excuse (Romans 1:19-20).

Both predestination and personal responsibility are true—God is completely in control, and humanity makes choices and is completely accountable for those choices. The Bible does not present these as irreconcilable truths (as theological traditions sometimes do). We learn that, if God elected those He foreknew, He both knows His creation before it exists and He determines important things about His creation. If God is great enough to be the Creator of all, then He is not stumped by the mutual existence of His sovereignty and human volition, choice, and responsibility.
Gotquestions.com

It may not be correct according to your theology but is correct according to scripture.

Do you believe born again Christian’s are born saved?

JLB

Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.” Every four years in the U.S., we “elect” a President—i.e., we choose who will serve in that office. The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God.

As it stands, the concept of God electing those who will be saved (predestination) isn’t controversial. It is a biblical truth (John 6:44, Romans 8:28-30, Ephesians 1:4-5). What is controversial is how and in what manner God chooses those who will be saved. Throughout church history, there have been two main views on the doctrine of election. One view, which we will call the prescient or foreknowledge view, teaches that God, through His omniscience, knows those who will in the course of time choose of their own free will to place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ for their salvation. On the basis of this divine foreknowledge, God elects these individuals “before the foundation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4).

The context of the passage flows from Romans 8, which ends with a great climax of praise: “For I am convinced that... [nothing] in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39). This leads Paul to consider how a Jew might respond to that statement. While Jesus came to the lost children of Israel and while the early church was largely Jewish in makeup, the gospel was spreading among the Gentiles much faster than among the Jews. In fact, most Jews saw the gospel as a stumbling block (1 Corinthians 1:23) and rejected Jesus. This would lead the average Jew to wonder if God’s plan of election has failed, since most Jews reject the message of the gospel.

Throughout Romans 9, Paul systematically shows that God’s sovereign election has been in force from the very beginning. He begins with a crucial statement: “For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel” (Romans 9:6). This means that not all people of ethnic Israel (that is, those descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) belong to true Israel (the elect of God). Reviewing the history of Israel, Paul shows that God chose Isaac over Ishmael and Jacob over Esau. Just in case anyone thinks that God was choosing these individuals based on the faith or good works they would do in the future, he adds, “Though they [Jacob and Esau] were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad – in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls” (Romans 9:11).

At this point, one might be tempted to accuse God of acting unjustly. Paul anticipates this accusation in v. 14, stating plainly that God is not unjust in any way. “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion” (Romans 9:15). God is sovereign over His creation. He is free to choose those whom He will choose, and He is free to pass by those whom He will pass by. The creature has no right to accuse the Creator of being unjust. The very thought that the creature can stand in judgment of the Creator is absurd to Paul, and it should be so to every Christian, as well. The balance of Romans 9 substantiates this point.

Ephesians 1:5 tells us that God “predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.” According to this verse, the basis of our being predestined is not something that we do or will do, but is based solely on God. This predetermination is based on His sovereignty, unchanging character (Malachi 3:6), foreknowledge (Romans 8:29, 11:2), love (Ephesians 1:4-5), and plan and pleasure (Ephesians 1:5). God’s desire is that all would be saved and come to repentance (1 Timothy 2:4, 2 Peter 3:9). He offers salvation to everyone (Titus 2:11) and has made Himself plain to everyone so that everyone is without excuse (Romans 1:19-20).

Both predestination and personal responsibility are true—God is completely in control, and humanity makes choices and is completely accountable for those choices. The Bible does not present these as irreconcilable truths (as theological traditions sometimes do). We learn that, if God elected those He foreknew, He both knows His creation before it exists and He determines important things about His creation. If God is great enough to be the Creator of all, then He is not stumped by the mutual existence of His sovereignty and human volition, choice, and responsibility.
Gotquestions.com

By the way, if you plan to state a long opinion then tag your opinion with a scripture reference then I will ignore your stated opinion.

Got questions is just someone stating their opinion.

Here is what the scripture states about the elect and salvation.

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
2 Timothy 2:10

Based on this we see that Paul referred to Jews as the elect.

The Jews were elected for a purpose; the bloodline genealogy of Christ.

For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. Romans 9:3-5

This is the foundational context that Romans 9 is built upon.

For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son.”
And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls),
Romans 9:9-11

JLB

It may not be correct according to your theology but is correct according to scripture.

Do you believe born again Christian’s are born saved?
I understand where the poster is coming from, I do not agree with his interpretation of Scripture on his statement, but people are predestined before the foundations of the world to salvation, the elect.

As for election, you need to study the Scriptures, all regenerate humans are God's elect.

I know you do not like that because we have been down that road many times.

Because the poster says he believes what he does, does not make it heresy.

You also believe Calvinism (Doctrines of Grace) is heresy and could never prove that it was.

Election
Union between Christ and his people was planned already in eternity, in the sovereign pretemporal decision whereby God the Father selected us as his own. Christ himself was chosen to be our Savior before the creation of the world (1 Pet. 1:20); Ephesians 1:4 teaches us that when the Father chose Christ, he also chose us.
Anthony Hoekema

" ...the conversion of a sinner being not owing to a man's self determination, but to God's determination, and eternal election, which is absolute, and depending on the sovereign Will of God, and not on the free will of man; as is evident from what has been said : and it being very evident from the Scriptures, that the eternal election of saints to the faith and holiness, is also an election of them to eternal salvation; hence their appointment to salvation must also be absolute, and not depending on their contingent, self-determining Will."
Jonathan Edwards

By the way, if you plan to state a long opinion then tag your opinion with a scripture reference then I will ignore your stated opinion.

Got questions is just someone stating their opinion.

Here is what the scripture states about the elect and salvation.

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Based on this we see that Paul referred to Jews as the elect.

The Jews were elected for a purpose; the bloodline genealogy of Christ.

For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. Romans 9:3-5

This is the foundational context that Romans 9 is built upon.

For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son.”
And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls),
Romans 9:9-11

JLB
I understand you read nothing else but the Bible, all resources outside the Bible are man made and not valid in your mind.

That is in no way to interpret the Bible correctly.

If you would have read what I posted, you would see the Scripture references.

But in your eyes it is just mans opinion.

I do not understand that logic.

Because the poster says he believes what he does, does not make it heresy.

Teaching that a born again Christian is saved from birth is heresy.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6

The way a person is born again is by hearing and believing in Jesus Christ and His Gospel message of salvation.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

JLB

I understand you read nothing else but the Bible, all resources outside the Bible are man made and not valid in your mind.

Not at all, but when it comes to doctrine, the doctrine of Christ we need to establish the truth of these things from scripture.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Not at all, but when it comes to doctrine, the doctrine of Christ we need to establish the truth of these things from scripture.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9
I understand, but you disregard Biblical Election in its whole from Scripture.

Predestination and election are lrelated

1589 ἐκλογή [ekloge /ek·log·ay/] n f. From 1586; TDNT 4:176; TDNTA 505; GK 1724; Seven occurrences; AV translates as “election” six times, and “chosen” once. 1 the act of picking out, choosing. 1a of the act of God’s free will by which before the foundation of the world he decreed his blessings to certain persons. 1b the decree made from choice by which he determined to bless certain persons through Christ by grace alone. 2 a thing or person chosen. 2a of persons: God’s elect.

[1]Election (בָּחַר, bachar; בָּחִיר, bachir; ἐκλέγομαι, eklegomai; ἐκλεκτός, eklektos; ἐκλογή, eklogē). God’s choice of a person or people group for a specific purpose, mission, or salvation.

Election of Grace—The Scripture speaks (1) of the election of individuals to office or to honour and privilege, e.g., Abraham, Jacob, Saul, David, Solomon, were all chosen by God for the positions they held; so also were the apostles. (2) There is also an election of nations to special privileges, e.g., the Hebrews (Deut. 7:6; Rom. 9:4). (3) But in addition there is an election of individuals to eternal life (2 Thess. 2:13; Eph. 1:4; 1 Pet. 1:2; John 13:18).

The ground of this election to salvation is the good pleasure of God (Eph. 1:5, 11; Matt. 11:25, 26; John 15:16, 19). God claims the right so to do (Rom. 9:16, 21).

It is not conditioned on faith or repentance, but is of sovereign grace (Rom. 11:4–6; Eph. 1:3–6). All that pertain to salvation, the means (Eph. 2:8; 2 Thess. 2:13) as well as the end, are of God (Acts 5:31; 2 Tim. 2:25; 1 Cor. 1:30; Eph. 2:5, 10). Faith and repentance and all other graces are the exercises of a regenerated soul; and regeneration is God’s work, a “new creature.”

Men are elected “to salvation,” “to the adoption of sons,” “to be holy and without blame before him in love” (2 Thess. 2:13; Gal. 4:4, 5; Eph. 1:4). The ultimate end of election is the praise of God’s grace (Eph. 1:6, 12). (See PREDESTINATION.)[1]

n n: noun or neuter
f f: feminine
TDNT Theological Dictionary of the New Testament
TDNTA Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Abridged in One Volume
GK Goodrick-Kohlenberger
AV Authorized Version
[1]Strong, J. (1996). The exhaustive concordance of the Bible : Showing every word of the text of the common English version of the canonical books, and every occurrence of each word in regular order. (electronic ed.) (G1589). Ontario: Woodside Bible Fellowship.

I understand, but you disregard Biblical Election in its whole from Scripture.

I just stated what biblical election was from the scriptures.

Here it is again -

And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), Romans 9:9-11

• that the purpose of God according to election might stand,

In Romans 9 election is for purpose, not election for salvation.

JLB

I just stated what biblical election was from the scriptures.

Here it is again -

And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), Romans 9:9-11

• that the purpose of God according to election might stand,

In Romans 9 election is for purpose, not election for salvation.

JLB
Did you read the definition of Biblical election that I gave?

What about the other Scriptures about election?

Surely Paul is talking about believers here.

1 Thessalonians 1:4 knowing, brothers beloved by God, your election,

Titus 1:1 Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of God’s elect and the full knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness,

Did you read the definition of Biblical election that I gave?

What about the other Scriptures about election?

Surely Paul is talking about believers here.

1 Thessalonians 1:4 knowing, brothers beloved by God, your election,

Titus 1:1 Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of God’s elect and the full knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness,

Please post the scripture and context and make whatever point it is you are wanting to make.

Just keep in mind it was Paul who stated what he did in Romans, so he isn’t going to change his mind writing to other people or Churches by writing something contrary to what he did to the church in Rome.

This is the scriptural way a person is saved —

• if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

JLB

Please post the scripture and context and make whatever point it is you are wanting to make.

Just keep in mind it was Paul who stated what he did in Romans, so he isn’t going to change his mind writing to other people or Churches by writing something contrary to what he did to the church in Rome.

This is the scriptural way a person is saved —

• if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

JLB
I just posted 2 scriptures.

So basically the letters that Paul addresses tio the elect are exclusivly for Israel and not gentiles?

We are not as Christians His elect and we should not take any of those Scriptures and apply them to us.

Is that correct?

I just posted 2 scriptures.

So basically the letters that Paul addresses tio the elect are exclusivly for Israel and not gentiles?

We are not as Christians His elect and we should not take any of those Scriptures and apply them to us.

Is that correct?

2 Timothy shows us Paul refers to Jews as the elect.

What I see is Jesus Christ is the Elect One. Those who are in Him are elect, not being Jew nor Gentile.

“Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
Isaiah 42:1

Where we seem to disagree is how a person comes to be “in Christ”.

I asked you to provide scripture and context and make your point from the scriptures.

I am waiting to see how we can discuss this topic from the scriptures.

I don’t see any scripture that teaches us that God “elects” or chooses some for salvation while choosing others for eternal damnation.

But I will listen to what you have to say.

JLB

2 Timothy shows us Paul refers to Jews as the elect.

I asked you to provide scripture and context and make your point from the scriptures.

I am waiting to see how we can discuss this topic from the scriptures.

I don’t see any scripture that teaches us that God “elects” or chooses some for salvation while choosing others for eternal damnation.

But I will listen to what you have to say.

JLB
This seems to be a 1 sided conversation.

Communication breakdown even.

Please answer these questions.

The letters that Paul addressed to the elect are exclusivly for Israel and not gentiles?

We as Christians are not His elect and we should not take any of those Scriptures and apply them to us?

The letters that Paul addressed to the elect are exclusivly for Israel and not gentiles?

Please post the scripture and context you are referring to.

I posted 2 Timothy 2:10

In this scripture Paul is referring to Jews as the elect.

If he were referring to Gentiles and Jews as the elect, my case would be even stronger.

I hope you can understand that.

I hope you can see the term “elect” doesn’t mean a person is saved; elected for salvation.

JLB

The following is a quote from another person in this Forum.

This is a major Heresy and should be addressed by the leadership of this Forum.

First and foremost, the elect need salvation just like everyone else, according to God's word.

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 2 Timothy 2:10

Paul referred to Jews as being the elect.

The Jews were God's "chosen" (elect) people. However this refers to them being chosen for purpose, not "chosen" (elected) for salvation.

Paul plainly teaches this clearly in his letter to the Romans.

The purpose the Jews were "chosen" (elect) for was the bloodline lineage of the Messiah; Jesus Christ

3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; 5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. Romans 9:3-5

again

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was sai

Deuteronomy 2:25
This This very day I will begin to put the terror and fear of you on all the nations under heaven. They will hear reports of you and will tremble and be in anguish because of you.”

This is the purpose. To show the rest of the world who He is He chose the smallest nation and showed them His Power. The first to have the fear and terror of God put into them was Egypt and more specifically Pharoah. The rest as they say is history.

JLB

Reactions: JLB
Please post the scripture and context you are referring to.

I posted 2 Timothy 2:10

In this scripture Paul is referring to Jews as the elect.

If he were referring to Gentiles and Jews as the elect, my case would be even stronger.

I hope you can understand that.

I hope you can see the term “elect” doesn’t mean a person is saved.

JLB
As I said, one sided conversation.

You expect me to answer your question, but but you will ignore mine or anything I post.

This is not glorifying God or productive.

Back