Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The purpose of God according to election.

I do not agree with Calvinism.

I agree with predestination and election in their biblical contextual format.

Do you believe Saul of Tarsus was saved before He met Christ on the road to Damascus?

Here....
Acts 9:5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,

My turn.

Do you believe you were chosen before the foundation of the world for salvation?

JLB

Was Saul of Tarsus saved before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus?

Depends on what phase of Salvation you mean. The Eternal Phase, the Legal Phase, the Vital Phase or the Glorification Phase.

Yes for the Eternal Phase 2 Tim 1:9; Yes for the Legal Phase @ the Cross of Christ where His Blood was Shed for him and Justified him Rom 5:9

Yes on the Vital/Spiritual Phase, that's when Christ actually converted him Spiritually and made him acknowledge His Lordship and made him willing in the Day of His Power, but before this No

No on the Glorified Phase, that is yet a future experience for all the elect

JLB

Depends on what phase of Salvation you mean. The Eternal Phase, the Legal Phase, the Vital Phase or the Glorification Phase.

Yes for the Eternal Phase 2 Tim 1:9; Yes for the Legal Phase @ the Cross of Christ where His Blood was Shed for him and Justified him Rom 5:9

Yes on the Vital/Spiritual Phase, that's when Christ actually converted him Spiritually and made him acknowledge His Lordship and made him willing in the Day of His Power, but before this No

No on the Glorified Phase, that is yet a future experience for all the elect
Phases of salvation ?
Sounds like a real money, maker to me.

Here....
Acts 9:5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,

How is that an answer to my question?

Do you believe Saul of Tarsus was saved, before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus?

How is that an answer to my question?

Do you believe Saul of Tarsus was saved, before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus?
You do not understand the Scripture?

I figured you would not answer my question, you always avoid answering any of them.

Because you truly do not understand Biblical election.

You just dance around any serious replies and demand people answer you.

Do you believe you were chosen before the foundation of the world for salvation?

What scripture are you basing your question on?

I don't want to assume.

I will answer based on this verse because you have used it. If this is not the verse you were referring to, then ask again using the one you intended.

just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, Ephesians 1:4

This verse says He chose us "in Him" before the foundation of the world... that we should be holy and without blame.

God foreknew who would be "in Christ" before the foundation of the world, and He chose them to be holy and blameless.

Answer:

God chose me "in Him" before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless.

The way I came to be "in Him" is by believing the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ.

JLB

What scripture are you basing your question on?

I don't want to assume.

I will answer based on this verse because you have used it. If this is not the verse you were referring to, then ask again using the one you intended.

just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, Ephesians 1:4

This verse says He chose us "in Him" before the foundation of the world... that we should be holy and without blame.

God foreknew who would be "in Christ" before the foundation of the world, and He chose them to be holy and blameless.

Answer:

God chose me "in Him" before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless.

The way I came to be "in Him" is by believing the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ.

JLB
So you were elected by God.

He chose you for salvation, not by anything you ever did and He gave you the faith to believe.

I believe Paul was regenrated when he said....

Only by the indwellling of Holy Spirit could Paul have called Jesus Christ, Lord.

You do not understand the Scripture?

Brother I asked you a question.

Do you believe Saul of Tarsus was born again before he met Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus?

Seriously, why can't you answer this question?

My answer is NO. Saul of Tarsus was not born again before he met Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus.

What's your answer?

JLB

So you were elected by God.

To be holy and blameless.

Those of us who are in Christ must remain in Christ.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Here is how we are instructed to remain in Christ.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

People who are in Christ, must learn to remain in Christ, by walking holy and blameless before Him; by walking according to the Spirit rather than walking according to the flesh.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

JLB

I agree.
Another definition is "commit a sin".

Turning away from Christ while under persecution, and returning to Judaism in which you renounce Christ as a false teacher and false messiah, is definitely sin.

But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. Matthew 13:20-21

Luke says it this way -

But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Luke 8:13

Once a person does this they can no longer be brought back to repentance.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

JLB

Brother I asked you a question.

Do you believe Saul of Tarsus was born again before he met Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus?

Seriously, why can't you answer this question?

My answer is NO. Saul of Tarsus was not born again before he met Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus.

What's your answer?

JLB
I answered you in the post above.

Only by the indwellling of Holy Spirit could Paul have called Jesus Christ, Lord.

Look at it in context.

Act 9:3 And as he was traveling, it happened that when he was approaching Damascus, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him;
Act 9:4 and falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
Act 9:5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,

Do you not see conversion in these verses?

To be holy and blameless.

Those of us who are in Christ must remain in Christ.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Here is how we are instructed to remain in Christ.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

People who are in Christ, must learn to remain in Christ, by walking holy and blameless before Him; by walking according to the Spirit rather than walking according to the flesh.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1

JLB
If you are truly regenrated, you were elected to salvation by God.

Those who are truly regenerated can never leave Christ.

Romans 8 is a good place to start and understand this.

So you believe Saul of Tarsus was already born again before he met Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus?

Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Acts 9:1-2

Sorry but Saul of Tarsus became saved, born again because he obeyed Jesus Christ.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

Paul was chosen to be an apostle to the Gentiles, but he had to believe, and obey just like everyone else.

Paul also had to endure to the end, unlike Judas who was also predestined along with the other eleven to reign with Christ in the age to come.

Once in Christ, we must remain in Christ.

• and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

In Christ = Eternal Life

Removed from Christ = thrown into the fire and burned.

JLB

If you are truly regenrated, you were elected to salvation by God.

I was born again when I believed the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and confessed Him as Lord.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

No other way to be saved.

So you believe Saul of Tarsus was already born again before he met Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus?

Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Acts 9:1-2

Sorry but Saul of Tarsus became saved, born again because he obeyed Jesus Christ.

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

Paul was chosen to be an apostle to the Gentiles, but he had to believe, and obey just like everyone else.

Paul also had to endure to the end, unlike Judas who was also predestined along with the other eleven to reign with Christ in the age to come.

Once in Christ, we must remain in Christ.

• and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

In Christ = Eternal Life

Removed from Christ = thrown into the fire and burned.

JLB
I said Acts 9:5.

I said Acts 9:5.

Does not answer anything.

Here is what an answer looks like -

Does not answer anything.

Here is what an answer looks like -

I gave a Biblical answer.

Do you not understand those verses on Paul's conversion?

Here’s a short version of my conversion which I think 🤔 shows that Calvinists are correct in focusing on God’s role in salvation…
I knew all kinds of Bible verses and basic doctrine…

And got worse in terms of…everything. Wretched sinner burnout plus religion equals 🟰 put him away!

Speaking of which…

I got saved while on bond for a felony carrying 15 years. Eek 😥 God brought me to my senses and I said a DIY sinners prayer 🙏 and…

The changes on this world 🌍 began but the change in Heaven was immediate…from elect but still in darkness to forgiven and in a position to be redeemed.

I’ve been transformed. The felony was plea bargained to a serious misdemeanor and I did 3 years probation…because my state punishes some misdemeanor charges like other places do felonies lol 😆 but seriously 😳

Genuine conversions are marked by God’s work in a human being. The old school Calvinists called these signs outward manifestations of grace. Mine thankfully involved a lot of physical healing and family restoration and general redemption…

Which lives up with old school Pentecostal beliefs that God often chooses to heal people physically even today. And the understanding…I think in all churches ⛪️…

That true Christians change over time, albeit sometimes unevenly. Know Jesus Know change.

I’m Christian because of God and His Good pleasure. Not about merit or even what I or any other Christian can offer God….
He has the cattle on the thousand hills…

Saving some for salvation and to showcase His handiwork allows us to be salt unto the earth 🌍 and light 💡 unto a dark and dying world 🌍….

Our testimonies bear witness to Jesus Christ even as those still perishing in the world 🗺️ consider the good news foolishness etc..

Besides I can’t honestly imagine making a decision for Christ in my own strength and then maintaining faith in my own strength. Did I mention the heavy involuntary electroshock? And yet…

He chooses the simple things of this world to confound the wise.

Just…yet another example of scripture playing out in real time.

Back