Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Sabbath day and its origin.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I support Israel and do not say there is no difference so that cannot apply to me and no you did not...you made an unsupported speculation but showed no actual problems or discrepancies regarding going outside their camp....the man under the law that was caught outside his camp gathering sticks was charged and stoned to death...thanks be to God we are no longer under the law.

No, it had to be outside the camp. According to your interpretation of "all your dwellings", they wouldn't be allowed to go outside their homes, much less outside the camp.

The TOG​

Define dwelling in 2000 BC?

JLB

I support Israel and do not say there is no difference so that cannot apply to me and no you did not...you made an unsupported speculation but showed no actual problems or discrepancies regarding going outside their camp....the man under the law that was caught outside his camp gathering sticks was charged and stoned to death...

:thumbsup

I support Israel and do not say there is no difference so that cannot apply to me and no you did not...you made an unsupported speculation but showed no actual problems or discrepancies regarding going outside their camp....the man under the law that was caught outside his camp gathering sticks was charged and stoned to death...thanks be to God we are no longer under the law.

Is that in scripture? Can you please show me?
Thanks

Thanks

2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. 3 You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day." Exodus 35:2-3

Thanks

" 32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him. 35 Then the Lord said to Moses, "The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp." 36 So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died. Numbers 15:32-36

2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. 3 You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day." Exodus 35:2-3

I know this one. I thought the point of it was building a fire on the Sabbath day.
I think in the second one that is why the man was gathering sticks, to start a fire.
In the wilderness, the Lord provide everything for the Sabbath food the day before and they gathered the food the day before. So on the Sabbath they were to remember that the Lord had prepared for them ahead of time, their needs had already been met by Him.
It is the same with us, in the spiritual food that we eat and drink. The Lord has already done it.

Thanks for the scriptures, JLB. I had forgotten the Numbers one. :neutral

don't forget :
Exodus 19:12King James Version (KJV)
12 And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying, Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it: whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death:

Last edited:
:)
yes; Yhwh started it. He says, and Yeshua says, it won't stop.

Makes sense to me. What shall we do on days off in heaven? Go for a stroll through the stars perhaps?

I heard that God has named a star after each one of us...have you ever heard this?

don't forget :
Exodus 19:12King James Version (KJV)
12 And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying, Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it: whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death:

and then later (N.T.)
Hebrews 12:18-21King James Version (KJV)
18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, 19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

Makes sense to me. What shall we do on days off in heaven? Go for a stroll through the stars perhaps?

I heard that God has named a star after each one of us...have you ever heard this?

sorry, that's a big misconception about 'heaven' .... we'll be on earth, then later the new earth.

and then later (N.T.)
Hebrews 12:18-21King James Version (KJV)
18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, 19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
:)
20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake.

and then : (more serious)(a lot more serious) >
Hebrews 12:22-29King James Version (KJV)
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

This thread is going to be moved ... this reminder will then be moot please remember for the next time anyone is posting in the Focus on Scripture forum...

These are the rules which will be enforced consistently and with certainty.
  • Absolutely NO personal remarks or insults.
  • No side bar, off topic, or casual conversation. No personal "chats". All posts must pertain directly to the topic of the thread.
  • Only one size font is to be used throughout your entire post.
  • Only black font may be used when posting. The only exception to this rule is that actual scripture text maybe written in @ secondary color.
  • ALL quotations must be supported by a link to the source material.
  • You may NOT use an entire post to refute what another member has said. If you argue that another member is incorrect, you must balance your message with a clear explanation of what you believe and why.

I bet we will have a Sabbath day in heaven too.

The Sabbath Rest will come when we are here with Christ for 1000 years, which will be the 7th (prophetic) day.

The true rest will come when all the enemies and lawless wicked ones will have been removed, and we will have an immortal body that will never die, nor will we strive against the lustful desires of the flesh, for that body will have changed, in a twinkling of an eye.

Every time we take a day off and rest each week, we are showing by our actions that we believe in the rest to come.

For we are looking forward as sons of the Resurrection.

JLB

The Sabbath Rest will come when we are here with Christ for 1000 years, which will be the 7th (prophetic) day.

The true rest will come when all the enemies and lawless wicked ones will have been removed, and we will have an immortal body that will never die, nor will we strive against the lustful desires of the flesh, for that body will have changed, in a twinkling of an eye.

Every time we take a day off and rest each week, we are showing by our actions that we believe in the rest to come.

For we are looking forward as sons of the Resurrection.

JLB

I hear ya' brother. That's going to be nice.

Aren't we early in the morning of the 7th day now?

Back