Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Shepherding Movement and Covering Doctrine

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Shepherding Movement and Covering Doctrine was popular in the 1970s and 80s. Initially it was good for providing mentoring and protection for younger converts, but soon developed into "power and control" situations by leaders wanting to use their "spiritual authority" to make disciples for themselves. The outcome of it was that multitudes of believers were seriously harmed and many dropped right out of the faith because of the abuse and bullying that came with the "covering". I heard that there is a resurgence of it in some churches, so I have written a book to warn people not to be duped into accepting anyone's "authority" to be accountable to them instead of Christ.

True Shepherd or Wolf.pdf
1.24 MB · 0 downloads

Attachments

• True Shepherd or Wolf.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
The Shepherding Movement and Covering Doctrine was popular in the 1970s and 80s. Initially it was good for providing mentoring and protection for younger converts, but soon developed into "power and control" situations by leaders wanting to use their "spiritual authority" to make disciples for themselves. The outcome of it was that multitudes of believers were seriously harmed and many dropped right out of the faith because of the abuse and bullying that came with the "covering". I heard that there is a resurgence of it in some churches, so I have written a book to warn people not to be duped into accepting anyone's "authority" to be accountable to them instead of Christ.

True Shepherd or Wolf.pdf
1.24 MB · 0 downloads

Great topic. Well worded post.

Thanks for sharing.

JLB

Very informative and thank you for this must read that you have written.

It's so sad that so many churches today have no truth found in them as they bow down to the Pastor instead of the Lord. They let the spirit of Jezebel teach from the pulpit with the doctrines of devils as the congregation are seduced in believing a false gospel because they are to lazy to study for themselves. They open their Bible on Sunday morning after taking it off the shelf and dusting it off only to go back home and put it right back on the shelf until they play church again the next Sunday.

Church needs to be a place of equipping the saints with the word of God taught by those who are called of God and anointed by the Holy Spirit. There needs to be a Spiritual awaking of revival in the moving of the Holy Spirit throughout the nations.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Rev 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Back