Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE SONS OF GOD IN GENESIS 6:1-7

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jeremiah1five

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen. 6:1–2.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Gen. 6:4.

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Gen. 6:5–6.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Gen. 6:7.

The "sons of God" in verse 2 are the human, godly line of Seth. The godly line of Seth were disobedient and took wives of the ungodly daughters of men, had children, and because of the sin nature in man and the influence of the ungodly women wives upon the children, they were without restraint of the Covenant godly line of Seth and were grown to be dictators and bullies in their society. I know Christians take "sons of God" as angels, but angels are first, a fixed number, have no genitals, and cannot mate with flesh.

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen. 6:1–2.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Gen. 6:4.
Why are we told about giants in the same verse with sons of God ?
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Gen. 6:5–6.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Why did God have to take such drastic measures ? Why was a clean slate necessary ?
I know Christians take "sons of God" as angels, but angels are first, a fixed number, have no genitals, and cannot mate with flesh.
Where does it say in the bible angels have no genitals ?
Where does it say in the bible that angels can not mate with flesh ?

Why are we told about giants in the same verse with sons of God ?

Why did God have to take such drastic measures ? Why was a clean slate necessary ?

Where does it say in the bible angels have no genitals ?
Where does it say in the bible that angels can not mate with flesh ?
The land of the giants! Remember that 1960s TV program. Doesn't apply here.

Strong's defines the word "giants" as:

‏נְפִיל, נְפִל Strong’s Hebrew #5303
or nephil, nef-eel’; from <H5307> (naphal); properly, a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant.

If they were children from unequally yoked mamas and papas, and they were, they lived and existed without the commands and/or laws of God. Unrestricted free agents.

God took drastic measure because He had a Redemptive Plan to execute and in order to wipe the slate clean, He had Plan: Noah up and coming.

Can you hold the wind in your hand? Angels are first, spirits, and they are a fixed number, and they are all male/masculine in Scripture. God is Spirit. Angels are Spirits. Although God is Spirit, I seriously doubt the Father has genitals.

Angels cannot mate with flesh because they are spirit (like wind) and there is no ordaining associated with these spirits as there were with creation, that is, "after their kind." And Jesus said that we will be like the angels, neither marrying nor giving in marriage.

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Mt. 22:29–30.

There are no homosexual angels of God in heaven.

The land of the giants! Remember that 1960s TV program. Doesn't apply here.

Strong's defines the word "giants" as:

‏נְפִיל, נְפִל Strong’s Hebrew #5303
or nephil, nef-eel’; from <H5307> (naphal); properly, a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant.
Nephilim - the fallen ones , giants
https://biblehub.com/hebrew/5303.htm
God took drastic measure because He had a Redemptive Plan to execute and in order to wipe the slate clean, He had Plan: Noah up and coming.
Read and think about why do you think all flesh was corrupt except Noah his wife and sons ? The end of flesh , why ?
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Angels cannot mate with flesh because they are spirit (like wind) and there is no ordaining associated with these spirits as there were with creation, that is, "after their kind." And Jesus said that we will be like the angels, neither marrying nor giving in marriage.

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Mt. 22:29–30.
Notice it says "angels of God " and notice where they are at "in heaven" . This is not talking about fallen angels on earth . The angels that did not keep their first estate , these are the guilty ones with the daughters of men .

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The "sons of God" in verse 2 are the human, godly line of Seth. The godly line of Seth were disobedient and took wives of the ungodly daughters of men, had children, and because of the sin nature in man and the influence of the ungodly women wives upon the children, they were without restraint of the Covenant godly line of Seth and were grown to be dictators and bullies in their society. I know Christians take "sons of God" as angels, but angels are first, a fixed number, have no genitals, and cannot mate with flesh.
Something we agree on.

Read and think about why do you think all flesh was corrupt except Noah his wife and sons ? The end of flesh , why ?
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Notice it says "angels of God " and notice where they are at "in heaven" . This is not talking about fallen angels on earth . The angels that did not keep their first estate , these are the guilty ones with the daughters of men .

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Noah's flesh was corrupt just as all the rest of humanity at that time. Even now.

But Noah - not his wife, not his children nor their wives - found [unmerited favor] GRACE in the eyes of God.

And those that kept not their first estate are in chains of darkness.

Besides, ALL angels are STILL obedient to God. And as an added offeing....angels CANNOT possess men (or women.) Don't need to. Our sin nature does it all.

And a word of advice...get a concordance that defines the word and does not, as they say, "lead the witness" by directing you as to how it's applied. That's the Ministry of the Holy Spirit.

Their habitation was the ministry they had on the planet along with Lucifer.

When the wind blows upon you can it get INSIDE you?

Spirits and flesh they don't agree.

No , all the angels are not obedient to God . Daniel Chapter 10 is key to understanding this .

Does the Holy Spirit reside inside you ? Yes or No ?
I believe God is Sovereign over creation. Even angels. There is no free will except the will we exercise to choose to wear slacks or Levi's but NOT concerning spiritual matters as Christ rules the spiritual realm as He rules ALL realms.

GOD USES the sinful nature of His fallen creature to accomplish His Will.

Do you know that ALL angels - fallen and elect - are equal in strength and power? And what and how does that play out when you consider 1/3 angels fell and 2/3's didn't? One angel elect against one angel fallen is equal UNTIL God steps in and commands victory.

LOOK:

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; Danny 10:13.

The prince of the kingdom of Persia WITHSTOOD him UNTIL another angel came to help him. Two against one. If equal in strength and power it will be a draw, but not two against one.

Yes. The Holy Spirit resides in me. The Law of Christ which is the Law of the Spirit is written in my heart-life. I make every effort to not take the name of the Lord in vain and to not steal - not that I have any compunction to steal, and all the other Laws - EXCEPT THE SACRIFICIAL LAW.

I believe God is Sovereign over creation. Even angels. There is no free will except the will we exercise to choose to wear slacks or Levi's but NOT concerning spiritual matters as Christ rules the spiritual realm as He rules ALL realms.

GOD USES the sinful nature of His fallen creature to accomplish His Will.

Do you know that ALL angels - fallen and elect - are equal in strength and power? And what and how does that play out when you consider 1/3 angels fell and 2/3's didn't? One angel elect against one angel fallen is equal UNTIL God steps in and commands victory.

LOOK:

13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; Danny 10:13.

The prince of the kingdom of Persia WITHSTOOD him UNTIL another angel came to help him. Two against one. If equal in strength and power it will be a draw, but not two against one.

Yes. The Holy Spirit resides in me. The Law of Christ which is the Law of the Spirit is written in my heart-life. I make every effort to not take the name of the Lord in vain and to not steal - not that I have any compunction to steal, and all the other Laws - EXCEPT THE SACRIFICIAL LAW.
Thank you . Now you do understand the fallen angels are here with us in the earthly realm .
Our free will opinion differs .

Thank you . Now you do understand the fallen angels are here with us in the earthly realm .
Our free will opinion differs .
God is Sovereign over ALL creation.
Yes, I know prince of the power of the air.

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. Eph 2:2–3.

It says NOTHING about angels. But it does mention "lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind," which thoughts of the mind are intangible, spirit-like if you will, and given that they coined a new word in Greek to describe "mind-ful things" like thoughts (the word is translated 'demons' and interchanged with 'evil spirits') which are attitudes, the very thing Christ must first subdue before He can do His thing and the which He must "pull down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Co 10:4–5, then that's what is in the air. But not angels. Says nothing about angels.

After his run in with Christ the demonic was subdued and in the end "in his right mind."

15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: Mk 5:15.

By believing in free will you give the enemy, Satan - which is the 'disobedient mind' TOO much glory. Disobedient men especially the unsaved - are Satan [adversary] to God. Like my brother, Peter. He was a satan to the things of God, wouldn't you say?
Yup.

Explain how you know the prince of the power of the air ?

How was the demonic subdued ?
By a command. God is Sovereign, remember?
Every "follow me" was obeyed on the spot r eventually obeyed. Christ is a gentleman. He doesn't force.
Not yet.

I meant I know of him in Scripture.

After his run in with Christ the demonic was subdued and in the end "in his right mind."

15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: Mk 5:15.
The man at Gadarenes was not demonic . He was demon controlled .

Demons are not "Attitudes" they are evil spirits, an entity of the spiritual realm .

The demons/legion were allowed to manifest in the swine by Jesus .

The demonic was not "subdued" , the demons were gone !

The man at Gadarenes was not demonic . He was demon controlled .

Demons are not "Attitudes" they are evil spirits, an entity of the spiritual realm .

The demons/legion were allowed to manifest in the swine by Jesus .

The demonic was not "subdued" , the demons were gone !
Semantics.

The Gift of Discerning of spirits discerns the source of spiritual phenomenon. It discerns four spirits in creation, or should I say, the Holy Spirit discerns four spirits in creation:

1. the spirit of man
2. the spirit of elect angels
3. the spirit of fallen angels
4. the Spirit of God. These four and no more.

Semantics.

The Gift of Discerning of spirits discerns the source of spiritual phenomenon. It discerns four spirits in creation, or should I say, the Holy Spirit discerns four spirits in creation:

1. the spirit of man
2. the spirit of elect angels
3. the spirit of fallen angels
4. the Spirit of God. These four and no more.
An unclean spirit/demon/devil, a disembodied entity not to be confused with a fallen angel . Why do you deny it ?

43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

An unclean spirit/demon/devil, a disembodied entity not to be confused with a fallen angel . Why do you deny it ?

43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
Disembodied?
From which and whose body, and where do I find that in Scripture?

Thoughts and attitude are intangible. spirit if you will. But when translating Hebrew into Greek why coin a new word for "attitude" and "thought?" That is the history.

The "sons of God" in verse 2 are the human, godly line of Seth.

There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:4

Try again.

There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:4

Try again.
try again

Back