Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE SONS OF GOD IN GENESIS 6:1-7

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The sons of God were angels there Jeremiah. Angels have the capability of taking on human bodies when they come to earth. Jesus appeared bodily after his resurrection to his apostles multiple times, and many angels that was sent were materialized such as the two that came to Lot. A supporting passage to indicate they were the angels/demons is Jude 6 which speaks about the account.
God is Sovereign over ALL His creation and this includes angels, fallen and elect.
BUT no angel has the free will to do as he please. If God allowed two angels to assume a seeming bodily form it was BECAUSE God Willed it.
Angels do not have creative capability. They cannot on their own make a body to inhabit, and being that they cannot possess humans leaves them waiting for God's command for any other service.

So angels, fallen angels are the sons of God?

I don’t find where the scriptures mentions “fallen” angels as sons of God.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?”
Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” Job 2:1-2

This meeting did not take place on earth.

The sons of God were angels.

Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

There is nowhere in Scripture of a genealogy of God and angels. They are never called sons. Unless you want to add them as brothers of Christ.
Or maybe half-brothers?
Step-brothers?
Nonsense.

Yes, because these sons of God were not mentioned in the genealogy before the flood or after the flood, they are not human.

They were angels, just as Peter said.

They we’re unaffected by the flood.

The giants, the offspring of the sons of God and daughter's of men were destroyed, but continued afterward because the sons of God continued afterward, because the flood did not affect them.

How could anyone possibly think a natural union between a “godly man” and a woman would produce 10 foot tall, six fingered and six toed giants?

JLB

I don’t find where the scriptures mentions “fallen” angels as sons of God.

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?”
Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” Job 2:1-2

This meeting did not take place on earth.

The sons of God were angels.

Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

Yes, because these sons of God were not mentioned in the genealogy before the flood or after the flood, they are not human.

They were angels, just as Peter said.

They we’re unaffected by the flood.

The giants, the offspring of the sons of God and daughter's of men were destroyed, but continued afterward because the sons of God continued afterward, because the flood did not affect them.

How could anyone possibly think a natural union between a “godly man” and a woman would produce 10 foot tall, six fingered and six toed giants?

JLB

The Book of Job. The book of Job has a supernatural “satan” figure, which operated under the authority of God as Job’s faithfulness was tested (Job 1:6). In this context, the author placed a definite article (“the”) before the noun (“the satan”), which suggests the term is not a proper name, but rather a title or an office. The figure appeared as an angel, a part of the divine council along with the sons of God, whose special task might have been to investigate the affairs of humanity on earth. “The satan” of God’s court in the book of Job manifested himself more as an accuser than as a rebellious being.
In response to the Lord’s inquiry as to his whereabouts, “the satan” says he has been patrolling the earth (Job 1:7). This could suggest that acting as a “satan” was a divinely given assignment (Tate, “Satan,” 462). It is interesting that the Lord does not rebuke “the satan” in this context. Rather, “the satan” is presented as one who may simply be skeptical about the religious integrity of Job (Tate, “Satan,” 463).

The Lexham Bible Dictionary

Goliath was 9 feet tall, extra fingers. Washe sired by angels and a human woman?

God destroyed with a Flood not because of angel/women hybrids. He destroyed with a Flood because:

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Gen. 6:5–7.

God doesn't say "hybrid" or nephalim" He says "wickedness OF MAN."

Angels, Peter said, that were in chains of darkness. How can you place these angels in darkness with Noah's time?

How can wind mate with flesh?

Oh, I get it. Angels had creative powers as God and created bodies with the correct sperm to mate despite God ordaining His creations mating "AFTER THEIR KIND."

Way out there, JLB

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen. 6:1–2.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Gen. 6:4.

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Gen. 6:5–6.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Gen. 6:7.

The "sons of God" in verse 2 are the human, godly line of Seth. The godly line of Seth were disobedient and took wives of the ungodly daughters of men, had children, and because of the sin nature in man and the influence of the ungodly women wives upon the children, they were without restraint of the Covenant godly line of Seth and were grown to be dictators and bullies in their society. I know Christians take "sons of God" as angels, but angels are first, a fixed number, have no genitals, and cannot mate with flesh.
Why then were their children men of renown?

Genesis 6 makes me think of the legends of Hercules and Perseus who were sons of the gods.

Is it possible that the Bible speaks of those legends here in Genesis 6?

Why then were their children men of renown?

Genesis 6 makes me think of the legends of Hercules and Perseus who were sons of the gods.

Is it possible that the Bible speaks of those legends here in Genesis 6?
I don't believe that is the case.

The words in the passage define the meaning.

Nephalim or Nephal is defined as "tyrants, bullies," which if you know some unsaved people who are their own god and care for no ones person act like that.
Typical of men and women without restraint.

I don't believe that is the case.

The words in the passage define the meaning.

Nephalim or Nephal is defined as "tyrants, bullies," which if you know some unsaved people who are their own god and care for no ones person act like that.
Typical of men and women without restraint.
It is a peripheral issue anyway.

You can believe one thing on the matter, and I can believe another; and we are both of the same blood that was shed for us and are brothers.

It is a peripheral issue anyway.

You can believe one thing on the matter, and I can believe another; and we are both of the same blood that was shed for us and are brothers.
We MUST ALL see the same Jesus.
We MUST ALL say the same thing as God.
To do otherwise is to oppose Him.

We MUST ALL see the same Jesus.
We MUST ALL say the same thing as God.
To do otherwise is to oppose Him.
The scripture is silent on the issue of whether "the sons of God" in Genesis 6 are "the godly line of Seth" or "fallen angels".

Where the scripture is silent, there is room for disagreement and such disagreement does not divide a person as not being a member of the body of Christ.

The scripture is silent on the issue of whether "the sons of God" in Genesis 6 are "the godly line of Seth" or "fallen angels".

Where the scripture is silent, there is room for disagreement and such disagreement does not divide a person as not being a member of the body of Christ.
It's not hard to understand.
Wind can't mate with flesh.
Angels are male and have no genitals. Their number is fixed.
God is not cruel to give a penis to an angel but nowhere to put it.
Ya falla?
God already dealt with the angels. Genesis 6 like before and after He is dealing with man.

I am kind of curious as to how many of you have ever been to a (sons of god) group meeting/service?

My thoughts after going to one service was (bogus).

I do not even remember where/how I heard there was to be a service (60? miles from where I lived at that time).

I think I have been exposed to more side line experiences than some. Never been to a snake handling service. British Israelism, South Africa prophetic ministries etc.

We really have to take care in where I our carnal mind goes.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

It's not hard to understand.
Wind can't mate with flesh.
Angels are male and have no genitals. Their number is fixed.
God is not cruel to give a penis to an angel but nowhere to put it.
Ya falla?
God already dealt with the angels. Genesis 6 like before and after He is dealing with man.
Angels can most certainly take on human form.

What makes you think that God did not also make angels in His image (male and female)?
Matthew 22:30 kjv
30. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

I know this does not directly answer all the issue, but it does make angels situation in heaven different than men on earth.

eddif

I am kind of curious as to how many of you have ever been to a (sons of god) group meeting/service?

I do not even remember where/how I heard there was to be a service (60? miles from where I lived at that time).

I think I have been exposed to more side line experiences than some. Never been to a snake handling service. British Israelism, South Africa prophetic ministries etc.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
In re reading my post I may have not been clear. I have been to a British Israelis meeting, and several South African prophetic meetings. I no longer am eager to visit everything I hear about or investigate what others think I should check out.

The flood removed a lot of what is being talked about here. Just how it was removed may not be known till the last trump.

I Corinthians chapter 7 contains a lot of information about Marriage here in the more or less now. We have enough trouble dealing with that information. It might be a related subject to this present discussion, but not everyone can understand the parallels. I surely do not see it all clearly.

The flood dealt with most of the problems of the fallen angels. Death was a solution God chose. If Death was a solution, then we might ought to let the chains of the grave contain the problems till the resurrection. At judgement we will see the final verdict.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

God is Sovereign over ALL His creation and this includes angels, fallen and elect.
BUT no angel has the free will to do as he please. If God allowed two angels to assume a seeming bodily form it was BECAUSE God Willed it.
Angels do not have creative capability. They cannot on their own make a body to inhabit, and being that they cannot possess humans leaves them waiting for God's command for any other service.
Some things simply came from free will Jeremiah, God did not will sin, and he certainly did not will angels reproducing with human women either, correct?

Mississippi redneck
eddif
<---------- son of God.

The sons of God were angels there Jeremiah. Angels have the capability of taking on human bodies when they come to earth. Jesus appeared bodily after his resurrection to his apostles multiple times, and many angels that was sent were materialized such as the two that came to Lot. A supporting passage to indicate they were the angels/demons is Jude 6 which speaks about the account.
This conversation is very complex.

Jesus the Word Of God Became flesh and dwelt among men and died. If we stop there, we have angels leaving heaven in some sort of physical state. And the flood seems to have destroyed their physical existence. (here is my speculation in spite of everything). Their eternal part (difference in angels and men) I do not understand.

Back to Jesus:
Jesus got his body back
Could go through walls
Bore marks of his death
Returned to heaven

Back to angels
They have lost their physical?
Their eternal part is what? Evil spirit?

We are not born married.
If our passions are under control we can serve God in that estate. If we chose to marry we will have certain problems. Is it sin to marry? No.

So do we chose to study our first estate? We probably miss the opportunity to look at ourselves and discuss fallen angels . LOL

We cop out on so much of what is going on.
I sure include myself in all this. The hints about our first estate are there. The Born again experience is revealed. Will we see the parallels and learn?

Law in heart and mind. See the flesh. See the new Spirit.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

<---------- son of God.
As far as I know there are parallels from OT to NT.

The Sower is the Son of God (Jesus)
The seed is the Word of God
The ground is men’s hearts

Our thoughts should be in both places. All this was written down so that we will not repeat mistakes.
Romans 15:4

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back