Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The status of Adam after creation

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Many things in Gods word can be taken literal, but yet also has Spiritual implications. Example: God made skins to cover Adam, (literal), but yet it can be that of the Spiritual notation of God covering us in His righteousness (grace) that covers our shame (sin) as we are once again made righteous before Him.
The skin covering is help that god supplies after the fall. Adam and Eve tried to cover their sin, but god showed forgiveness in the shedding of blood (not just any blood, but the blood of Christ His son).

Kidneys show removal of toxins / waste from body activity. Jesus received stripes that pierced his kidneys like arrows (by his stripes we were healed
I Peter 2:24 ).

The hidden man of the heart is symbolized by the natural pacemaker ( the natural nerve network pacemaker looks like a crucified cartoon man with all his bones out of joint). I sure agree the natural facts of creation point to spiritual knowledge Romans 1:19-20 .

Natural things point to reality. Adam naked, fig leafed, and covered with God's covering points to the future righteousness Jesus will provide. It also,IMHO, points out that Adam does not put on original Eden glory, but puts on a future glory yet to be revealed (revealed, at a point in time, through Jesus).

Again, Adam appears not to have the final great glory, but awaits that glory accomplished by Jesus. Corruption will put on in-couuuption, at the last trump.

eddif

The skin covering is help that god supplies after the fall. Adam and Eve tried to cover their sin, but god showed forgiveness in the shedding of blood (not just any blood, but the blood of Christ His son).

Kidneys show removal of toxins / waste from body activity. Jesus received stripes that pierced his kidneys like arrows (by his stripes we were healed

The hidden man of the heart is symbolized by the natural pacemaker ( the natural nerve network pacemaker looks like a crucified cartoon man with all his bones out of joint). I sure agree the natural facts of creation point to spiritual knowledge Romans 1:19-20 .

Natural things point to reality. Adam naked, fig leafed, and covered with God's covering points to the future righteousness Jesus will provide. It also,IMHO, points out that Adam does not put on original Eden glory, but puts on a future glory yet to be revealed (revealed, at a point in time, through Jesus).

Again, Adam appears not to have the final great glory, but awaits that glory accomplished by Jesus. Corruption will put on in-couuuption, at the last trump.

eddif

As far as I can understand it, the Lord fashions salvation and his return after an ancient Jewish wedding. Tere are four four parts to a Jewish wedding gown, and the animal skin that God made for Adam & Eve, signified the innermost part of it. He immediately began working man back into relationship after the fall.

As far as I can understand it, the Lord fashions salvation and his return after an ancient Jewish wedding. Tere are four four parts to a Jewish wedding gown, and the animal skin that God made for Adam & Eve, signified the innermost part of it. He immediately began working man back into relationship after the fall.
I would think human marriage is the shadow of things to come, and not a reality that existed. The hide coverings pointed to the cross. In the same way marriage points to the bride of Christ. Marriage is just a shadow. Christ is the body / reality that casts a shadow back in time.
I Corinthians 7:28
But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.
29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
30 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

IMHO the time of not muzzling the ox has given way to: not starving the bishop (in our day).
The time of seeing the importance of the bride of Christ has arrived ( and the teaching tool of marriage is passing away). Not gone totally yet, but growing dimmer (see above scripture). Try just for bible text and not marginal notes, and I will try to base my comments on scriptures .

When the disciples said ( then it would be better to not marry), Jesus said not all men can see this. Matthew 19:10-11 If you do not see this, then I will not be pushy. Although, the Holy Spirit is now here to lead us into all truth.

eddif

I would think human marriage is the shadow of things to come, and not a reality that existed. The hide coverings pointed to the cross. In the same way marriage points to the bride of Christ. Marriage is just a shadow. Christ is the body / reality that casts a shadow back in time.
I Corinthians 7:28
But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.
29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
30 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

IMHO the time of not muzzling the ox has given way to: not starving the bishop (in our day).
The time of seeing the importance of the bride of Christ has arrived ( and the teaching tool of marriage is passing away). Not gone totally yet, but growing dimmer (see above scripture). Try just for bible text and not marginal notes, and I will try to base my comments on scriptures .

When the disciples said ( then it would be better to not marry), Jesus said not all men can see this. Matthew 19:10-11 If you do not see this, then I will not be pushy. Although, the Holy Spirit is now here to lead us into all truth.

eddif

That's exactly what I meant, The types and shadows of the covering points us to Christ, and being the bride. Exactly.

eddif

Gods righteousness is our covering as in the shadow of the skins God made for Adam and Eve that the blood of an animal had to be sacrificed to cover them and now we have that final blood sacrifice of the skin of Christ that has made the final atonement for all who will call on His name that we are now as then made righteous by that of Gods righteousness.

Kind of nice when the one new man manifests. When you can not tell: Jew from Greek; male from female; bond from free; strong from weak; etc.

eddif

Kind of nice when the one new man manifests. When you can not tell: Jew from Greek; male from female; bond from free; strong from weak; etc.

eddif

Eph_4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

As it was in the beginning so will it be in the end that we are one in Christ and not one in religion nor division.

eddif

You think so brother? That we wont be able to tell male from female and race in heaven? I think we will. Just a thought.

You think so brother? That we wont be able to tell male from female and race in heaven? I think we will. Just a thought.
Actually.
I was referring to some of our posts lately, We were all on the same mindset; you could not tell from subject matter who the poster was.

eddif

Actually.
I was referring to some of our posts lately, We were all on the same mindset; you could not tell from subject matter who the poster was.

eddif

Oh ok brother, I see. I've not been on much the last few days and was playing catch up and perhaps not reading enough of the posts that were posted after me to catch that.

Doh. :biggrin2

Are you referring to human skin, or to the skin of slain animals which were used for covering?

There is no mention of any kidneys in either the NT nor the Crucifixion. Therefore, I am not understanding what you posted.

There is no mention of any pace maker in either the NT nor the Crucifixion. Therefore, I am not understanding what you posted.

eddif
[/QUOTE]

Natural things ARE reality, by definition.

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons​

Later, Adam and eve were covered by the skins of slain animals
Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.​

Please clarify what you mean here: "covered with God's covering points "

You make many points here, but I can neither understand them, nor find the terms you use expressed in the Bible, not are they type/antitypes. Please clarify that

Are you referring to human skin, or to the skin of slain animals which were used for covering?

There is no mention of any kidneys in either the NT nor the Crucifixion. Therefore, I am not understanding what you posted.

There is no mention of any pace maker in either the NT nor the Crucifixion. Therefore, I am not understanding what you posted.

Natural things ARE reality, by definition.

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons​

Later, Adam and eve were covered by the skins of slain animals
Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.​

Please clarify what you mean here: "covered with God's covering points "

You make many points here, but I can neither understand them, nor find the terms you use expressed in the Bible, not are they type/antitypes. Please clarify that[/QUOTE]

----------
For years I have stood in awe reading the book of Job. In chapters 38, 39 and 40 creation is used to answer Job. In one sense I looked for god to use spiritual terms, but what I found was creation.
Thus Romans 1:19-20 became real to me.
Job 38:11 gives the limits of the seas. When satan was given limits in what he could do to Job, the waves touched his flesh ( but did not take his life). I would think that Job thought long and hard on all this information.

I totally realize some think I do not quote scripture . For the ox to be compared to a bishop is quite a leap, and IMHO I Corinthians 9:9 ties an ox to the discussion about paying a bishop (in the surrounding verses). This is the only ordinance (that my feeble searches have found) that ties the OT law directly to NT practice.

The skin:
The skin of animals symbolizes the skin of Jesus torn in his beating (outside the camp).

The kidneys:
Revelation 2:23
Reins are an alternate word for kidneys (not accepted by everyone). If God tries our kidneys; he sees if we are removing bad from our inner man.

The pacemaker:
The word became flesh ( Jesus ). If we hide the word in our hearts; it directs our life. If we examine the conduction system of the heart (Wikipedia) we see a cartoon crucified man). Romans 1:19-20
The SA and AV nodes direct our heartbeat. Jesus directs our life when we open the door .
Revelation 3:20

Animals, body parts, etc are mentioned in scriptures. There are reasons. Do I know it all? Absolutely not. Do I expect to find out if I seek? Yes.

Put me on the spot. I will try and answer. We do see through a glass darkly.

eddif

I John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

This is a back to Adam scripture. We are not yet what we shall be, and Adam had all the hidden symbols of what mankind would be. Symbols god hid at creation (God being father , son and spirit).
One for salvation - Jesus
One we have sinned against- John taught repentance
One who empowers - Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit
Galatians 5:17
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

I Corinthians 15:37
37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

IMHO Adam was created what he would be. Symbols of what would be were in the physical, but not yet manifest in the realm of the spiritual use to be in the future.

eddif

It has been a good while since I started a thread.

I wish to look at the condition of Adam (after creation).
Genesis 1:26-27

What does scripture say Adam / man was?

First off. Man is made in the image of God. Imagery points to a reality but is not the reality. So I know man is wonderfully made, but he still remains a man. Maybe I will discuss a little lower later.
If man is a tabernacle, his kidneys are lavers for washing, etc.

Later on I may start a thread on how man is born of the spirit, but right now I would like to stay on the flesh end of things.

eddif
Hi Edif,
I want to through a curve into this knowing that you and many will reject what I"m about to say, but I want to throw it out there anyway.

The text says: Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness". First, who is "Our" refer to? Many say this points to the idea of trinity, and it very well. However, there is another view. Prior to God saying this, we see God create the earth, and then he commands the land to bring forth vegetation and animals. To the sea, he commands to bring forth birds and fish and what we see is that God empowers his creation for His creative purpose.

Is it so far fetched then that the "Our" is the land? Doesn't the text say, "And God formed man from the dust of the ground".

As far as the word Image, in the Hebrew language it takes on the idea of a shadow. And what is a shadow? It is an outline of something greater than itself that without that which is greater, it would not exist.

Hi Edif,
I want to through a curve into this knowing that you and many will reject what I"m about to say, but I want to throw it out there anyway.

The text says: Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness". First, who is "Our" refer to? Many say this points to the idea of trinity, and it very well. However, there is another view. Prior to God saying this, we see God create the earth, and then he commands the land to bring forth vegetation and animals. To the sea, he commands to bring forth birds and fish and what we see is that God empowers his creation for His creative purpose.

Is it so far fetched then that the "Our" is the land? Doesn't the text say, "And God formed man from the dust of the ground".

As far as the word Image, in the Hebrew language it takes on the idea of a shadow. And what is a shadow? It is an outline of something greater than itself that without that which is greater, it would not exist.
Sometimes we have no idea what the other person is saying. Of course how does an ear understand what the eye does. We just must see we accept good that benefits the Body of Christ.

Colossians 2:16 (supporting your comment)
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

First the physical then the spiritual.
Romans 1:19-20 says trinity (godhead) is an Especially ( IMHO sun, moon and light do a good job of showing trinity).

The genetic dust from creation seems to appear in man. Ear structure looking like snails etc. (just a small part of a DNA strand ?).

Everything made by God seems to tell an important story. There are levels of flesh.

If we just did not wear welding goggles, we could see clearer.

eddif

It would sure be nice to understand all the through glass darkly meaning. The OT symbols / shadows and NT parables are like having on dark glasses.

The reflected light of the moon is much softer than the sun. Jesus said nothing; save what the father gave him to say (reflected word like the moon reflects sunlight).

The beatitudes were without parables, and are a source of the clearest (long session) teaching.

One day; no more hidden things (even Adam).

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back