Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Theology of Self Examination, testing to see whether one is "in the faith"

Anyone who doesn't go to church, who doesn't gather with believers to use their gifts for the benefits of others, participate in the Lord's Supper, and who isn't living in that community to which we are called, is living in sin.

By you? Who?
Yes by me.

Can you still show the same church existing, that was established 2000 years ago, beginning with us understanding as children, and that we did not become men to understand all things, you can show we go to the church, that had wolves enter that flock/church.

That is why it is NOT SIN, to not go to a sinful place. ( men speaking perverse things to draw away disciples after them, seducing us, then no need for any man ( antichrist who denies that which is perfect is come.) to teach us.

We show the Lords supper/death in our body, not by rituals.

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

2 Corinthians 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

This was an...unusual conclusion to a post the title of which was about examining oneself to see whether or not one is in the faith. When I'm discipling guys who are wondering how they can be truly certain they are saved, we don't end up talking about Cessationism. Instead, I take them to those places in Scripture that describe life in the Spirit, that delineate what the work of the Holy Spirit is in a born-again person. And then, having considered these verses, I encourage them to examine their lives for evidence of the Spirit at work in them. There is no better way, I believe, than this to properly test whether or not one is actually in the faith. Here's a portion of a lesson I give to folks in my New Believers course about the Person and work of the Holy Spirit:

Quick facts:

- Called the Comforter or Helper (“Paraklete” in Greek) – Jn. 14:16; the Spirit of Christ – Ro. 8:9; the Spirit of Grace – He. 10:29; Spirit of the Lord – 2 Cor. 3:17, 18.

- The third Person of the Trinity. (Matt. 28:19; Ac. 5:3, 4; 1 Cor. 2:10, 11)

- He is not a force, or divine spiritual energy, but a distinct personal entity who may grieved (Eph. 4:30), who teaches and reminds (John 14:26; 1 Cor. 2:13), who speaks (Ac. 8:29; 13:2), who makes decisions (Ac. 15:28), who can be lied to (Ac. 5:3, 4), who has a mind (Ro. 8:26, 27), and so on.

Common Questions:

1.) What is the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the Christian?

- He imparts spiritual life by dwelling within every believer. (Jn. 7:39; Ac. 2:3, 4; Ro. 8:8-11; 1 Cor. 6:19, 20; Tit. 3:5, 6)

- He convicts of sin. (Jn. 16:8; Rev. 2-3)

- He illuminates our minds and hearts to God's truth. (Lu. 12:12; Jn. 14:26; 16:13; 1 Cor. 2:10-16)

- He comforts and helps. (Jn. 14:16; 2 Cor. 1:3-5)

- He enables the believer's obedience. (Ro. 8:13; 15:13, 19; Eph. 3:16; Phil. 2:13; Phil. 4:13)

- He produces in the believer the character of Christ. (Ga. 5:22, 23; Eph. 5:9; 2 Cor. 3:18)

- He is the “down payment” or “guarantee” of a believer's future spiritual and eternal inheritance. (Eph. 1:13, 14)

The work of the Holy Spirit can often be confused with the believer's fleshly response to the commands of God given to them in His word. Encountering God's commands, believers set about in their own power and will to produce for God the life of the Spirit. And, of course, they fail. Like begets like. A dog begets a dog, a cat begets a cat, and we can only beget more of ourselves. Only God begets godliness, which He does in us by His Spirit. But it's important to be able to distinguish what is of the Spirit and what is just a fleshly, human attempt to produce the life and effects of his work in a person. I find making these distinctions badly confuses believers who are, generally, encouraged to think anything they want to say is of the Spirit is - so long as it has the appearance, at least, of godliness.

There's a pretty simple way to distinguish the power of the Spirit at work in you from your own fleshly effort to be godly. When the Spirit is fueling your life and change, you will go from strength to strength rather than collapse after a season of spiritual effort into exhaustion and compromise. The Spirit's power is inexhaustible, you see. Our power is not. Also, as the Spirit works to transform us, we come to know more and more in our daily experience of God. But when we strive and strain in the flesh for God, we expand only our knowledge of ourselves, of our capacities, our limits.

Anyway, this all ignores the matter of Cessationism but is, I think, much more practically helpful to believers.
There's a more direct answer for those who wonder if they are saved. We see it on the Day of Pentecost. The "born again experience" manifested by all saved that day. The "outward physical evidence" the 3,000 received the Baptism of the Spirit as Peter promised they would, was in their changed lives.

They were "born again from above", loving God's Truth and His People unlike anything before:

38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 "For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation."
41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. (Acts 2:38-47 NKJ)

15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father."
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, (Rom. 8:15-16 NKJ)

If anyone asks me, "how do I know I'm saved", I ask "do you know God is ABBA your Father, do you love His truth the Bible, and His people the Church?" If so, you are saved!

No doubt about it.

Last edited:
If anyone asks me, "how do I know I'm saved", I ask "do you know God is ABBA your Father, do you love His truth the Bible, and His people the Church?" If so, you are saved!

No doubt about it.

Goodness, no. I've had many believers over the years declare to me that they know they are loved and redeemed by God and confirm that they love Him, too, but who've admitted they have no experience of the Holy Spirit at work in their life whatever. Their lives as Christians are riddled with compromise and spiritual powerlessness, absent of the constant process of change the Spirit enacts in all those in whom he dwells, and without any experience of fellowship with God. Such people have little ground for confidence in their belief that they are truly saved.

Last edited:
Goodness, no. I've had many believers over the years declare to me that they know they are loved and redeemed by God and confirm that they love Him, too, but who've admitted they have no experience of the Holy Spirit at work in their life whatever. Their lives as Christians are riddled with compromise and spiritual powerlessness, absent of the constant process of change the Spirit enacts in all those in whom he dwells, and without any experience of fellowship with God. Such people have little ground for confidence in their belief that they are truly saved.

They should repent, confess their sins to God and they will know the power of the Holy Spirit in their life.

Hear the Word of the LORD you sinners:

2...You do not have because you do not ask.
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously "?

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. (Jas. 4:1-10 NKJ)

Through the Word of God is the power of the Holy Spirit, cutting through darkness shining God's Light to our souls:

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. (Heb. 4:12-13 NKJ)

But some may feel they aren't saved, because they aren't.

11 "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 "Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13 "But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.
14 "Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
15 "But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.
16 "No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light.
17 "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light.
18 "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him." (Lk. 8:11-18 NKJ)

First and foremost, we sell all we own and confess Jesus is LORD before men, then the Holy Spirit gives the new birth:

32 "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
35 "For I have come to`set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law';
36 "and`a man's enemies will be those of his own household.'
37 "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39 "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
(Matt. 10:32-39 NKJ)

Last edited:
Pastor John MacArthur has counsel on this:

Title: The Indispensable Power: Being Filled with the Holy Spirit

"Good morning, brothers and sisters in Christ. Today, we gather to explore the indispensable power that resides within every believer—the power of the Holy Spirit. In our journey of faith, we often find ourselves wrestling with compromise and spiritual powerlessness. But fear not! God has provided us with His Holy Spirit, ready to fill us with His power and transform our lives. Let us dive into God's Word and discover how we can be filled with the Holy Spirit."

1. The Necessity of Being Filled:a. The Holy Spirit: Our Divine Helper and Teacher
    • Understanding the personhood and role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.
    • Recognizing our absolute need for His guidance, wisdom, and power.
b. The Contrast: Flesh versus Spirit

• Exploring the battle between the desires of the flesh and the leading of the Spirit.
  • Understanding that true power and victory come through yielding to the Holy Spirit.
  1. The Conditions for Being Filled: a. Surrender and Repentance:
    • Acknowledging and confessing areas of compromise and sin in our lives.
    • Surrendering our will to God and allowing Him to transform us from within.
b. Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness:

• Cultivating a deep longing for righteousness and a genuine desire to please God.
  • Pursuing a life of holiness and setting our hearts on things above.
  1. The Evidence of Being Filled:a. Fruit of the Spirit:
    • Examining the transformation that occurs when the Holy Spirit fills our lives.
    • Identifying the fruit of the Spirit manifesting in our character and actions.
b. Spiritual Gifts:

• Understanding and discovering the spiritual gifts bestowed upon believers by the Holy Spirit.
  • Exploring how these gifts empower us to serve and edify the body of Christ.
  1. The Continual Experience of Being Filled:a. The Daily Surrender:
    • Emphasizing the importance of a daily surrender to the Holy Spirit's leading.
    • Seeking His guidance and power in every aspect of our lives.
b. Prayer and Dependence:

• Cultivating a lifestyle of prayer and dependency on the Holy Spirit.
  • Inviting Him to empower us, guide our decisions, and work through us.
Conclusion:"My dear brothers and sisters, being filled with the Holy Spirit is not an optional luxury; it is an indispensable necessity in the Christian life. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can overcome compromise and experience spiritual victory. Let us surrender our lives, hunger for righteousness, and continually seek His filling. As we yield to the Holy Spirit's guidance and power, we will become effective witnesses for Christ, bearing His fruit and impacting the world around us. May we be a people who walk in the fullness of the Spirit, bringing glory to our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen."

Pastor John MacArthur has counsel on this:

I prefer going to straight to the source, myself. It's all there in Scripture, if believers will simply study it. I've been writing and teaching on life in the Spirit for a good while now and have posted on this topic on this website several times. It's good to know pastor MacArthur has seen some of the truths about walking in the Spirit and is teaching them.

I prefer going to straight to the source, myself. It's all there in Scripture, if believers will simply study it. I've been writing and teaching on life in the Spirit for a good while now and have posted on this topic on this website several times. It's good to know pastor MacArthur has seen some of the truths about walking in the Spirit and is teaching them.
The full presence and power of the Holy Spirit is experienced when I read this:

3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, "The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously "?

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
(Jas. 4:1-10 NKJ)

The Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit (Eph. 6:17), and He bears witness to our conscience as we read just as He did to the Twelve Apostles and Paul (Romans 9:1)

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(Heb. 4:12-13 NKJ)

Let him who feels compromised and without power do as God's Word says, repent.

5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
8 "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. (Jn. 15:5-11 NKJ)

That's the Holy Spirit talking!

I can feel His presence right now! Can't you?

Last edited:
There's a more direct answer for those who wonder if they are saved. We see it on the Day of Pentecost. The "born again experience" manifested by all saved that day. The "outward physical evidence" the 3,000 received the Baptism of the Spirit as Peter promised they would, was in their changed lives.

They were "born again from above", loving God's Truth and His People unlike anything before:

38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 "For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation."
41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.
42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. (Acts 2:38-47 NKJ)

15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father."
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, (Rom. 8:15-16 NKJ)

No doubt about it.
Apostle Paul also counted all possessions dung:

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

After this, the afflictions of Christ, give experience and hope, which we are saved by. ( Apostle Paul finished the course, kept the faith, fought the good fight of faith, or there is no sign of being saved, as we are saved by this hope.

We have to hold the hope firm unto the end to be the house of Christ.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

2 Timothy 4: 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

That is just talk not scriptural.

Afflictions of Christ are what gives experience and hope, what else do you say does ?

Also those afflictions are what humbles the soul, to not be lost by pride.

Hear the Word of the LORD you sinners:

10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. (Jas. 4:1-10 NKJ)
Learning of the Lord, that He is meek and lowly, is how the sinner converts.

To weep now, not laugh now, is being blessed of the Lord.

Blessed are those who are poor in spirit, but woe to the rich. ( exalted, boasting, high minded, puffed up prideful.)

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Luke 6:24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

First and foremost, we sell all we own and confess Jesus is LORD before men, then the Holy Spirit gives the new birth:
New birth is knowing that Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth, that He died to rise us from the dead.

That is how anyone has no value in their possessions, otherwise they still value them.

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Hebrews 10:34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Conclusion:"My dear brothers and sisters, being filled with the Holy Spirit is not an optional luxury; it is an indispensable necessity in the Christian life. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can overcome compromise and experience spiritual victory. Let us surrender our lives, hunger for righteousness, and continually seek His filling. As we yield to the Holy Spirit's guidance and power, we will become effective witnesses for Christ, bearing His fruit and impacting the world around us. May we be a people who walk in the fullness of the Spirit, bringing glory to our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen."
Spiritual victory is already won, the victory is Christs, not these fake preachers. ( who Christ told, many rise to deceive many.)

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Yes, there is no need for anything other than the source, especially as it is this predicted also. ( their judgement is coming soon.)

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Spiritual victory is already won, the victory is Christs, not these fake preachers. ( who Christ told, many rise to deceive many.)

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
Pastor John M. a "fake preacher"? A 'fake' is "not real" or "genuine".

MacArthur been preaching for over 50 years, definitely "not a fake."

And every preacher should take one of his classes on "expository preaching", its equal to prophesying in the fullest meaning of the word, speaking God's Word.

And 1 Corinthians 15:53-58 is about the resurrection of the body and being steadfast in our faith in it. Has nothing to do with "fake preachers."

Accordingly, nothing factual about your reply. Devoid of fact or relevant scripture, it could be called a"fake reply", but I prefer "incoherent".

Last edited:
New birth is knowing that Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth, that He died to rise us from the dead.

That is how anyone has no value in their possessions, otherwise they still value them.

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Hebrews 10:34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
That explains it.

You can't see the kingdom of God because you aren't born from above:

Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (Jn. 3:3 NKJ)

You haven't confessed Jesus is LORD as God requires, so that times of refreshment may come from the presence of the LORD Jesus Christ:

"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20 "and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, (Acts 3:19 NKJ)

8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart " (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." (Rom. 10:8-13 NKJ)

Until you do as scripture requires and publicly confess Jesus is LORD, God's truth will remain veiled.

God in Holy Trinity is truth "unassisted human reason" cannot receive.

Not because scripture is lacking in proofs for it, but because the carnal mind insists on putting God in the same "easily understood box" as other things:

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Cor. 2:13-14 NKJ)

Last edited:
You haven't confessed Jesus is LORD as God requires, so that times of refreshment may come from the presence of the LORD Jesus Christ:

Until you do as scripture requires and publicly confess Jesus is LORD, God's truth will remain veiled.
Many are defiled and unbelieving, with nothing pure, they profess ( confess God) but in works they DENY Him, being abominable, disobedient, unto every good work reprobate.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Back on those false prophet/teachers. Many follow their subtle beguiling ways, they bring in damnable heresies, which is how they DENY the Lord who bought them, ( they confess, say Lord Lord to Christ, and work iniquity, but He never knew them.) they speak evil of the truth and use feigned words through covetousness. ( their judgement is coming.)

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Many are defiled and unbelieving, with nothing pure, they profess ( confess God) but in works they DENY Him, being abominable, disobedient, unto every good work reprobate.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Back on those false prophet/teachers. Many follow their subtle beguiling ways, they bring in damnable heresies, which is how they DENY the Lord who bought them, ( they confess, say Lord Lord to Christ, and work iniquity, but He never knew them.) they speak evil of the truth and use feigned words through covetousness. ( their judgement is coming.)

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (Exod. 20:16 NKJ)

Romans 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
You don't know me. You certainly haven't proved anything I teach is wrong according to scripture. Where have you said anything that is "according to truth?"

Your ideas about the Holy Trinity are demonstrably false.

As for bearing false witness, ask yourself. Which "user" here have you personally met, and seen how they conduct their life in Christ? To claim to be a witness, when you are not, is the definition of "false witness."

Back