Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Trinity

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Imagican said:
I 'twist' NOTHING. i simply offer what is ABLE to be offered as CLEARLY as I can.

How do you know you are not twisting anything? What frame of reference are you using to say what IS "TRUTH"? Oh yea, because you said so... :lol

Thanks, but your views have absolutely no authority, nor do they explain a number of Scripture verses, separated yourself from the very community that WROTE the Scriptures themselves... Thus, you disagree with Christianity as well as the Scriptures behind the understandings of our faith. No wonder you are not considered Christian, since you don't share the one faith.

What can I say? You do not believe in the rule of faith. In all of this, you have really done nothing to prove your point. All you do is try to interject doubt and tear down things. We were warned about people like you...

Fran,

I have NO authority. God and His Son ARE the authority. But they DID offer instruction so that we could ALSO understand 'the truth'.

While you would claim that it is NOTHING other than Solo Scriptura that I follow, the TRUTH is, I follow The Spirit in guidance OF The Word.

So, while I may 'speak' with authority, it is ONLY as has been revealed. For MY understanding means NOTHING. Never did and probably NEVER WILL.

But I HAVE submitted my self to understanding that goes BEYOND my mere ability. For I am FLESH regardless of any desire to be of 'some other form'. So I am RELIANT upon The Spirit to offer that which It WISHES for me to understand. And I have FAITH that so long as I am WILLING to submit to The Spirit, It will NOT lead me in 'false direction'.

Now, WHAT assurance do I HAVE that those that you claim ARE the 'church Fathers' followed IN Spirit? Since MUCH of what they offered is NOT as written of or revealed through The Spirit, (so far as MY understanding is concerned), how could you possibly expect me to simply ACCEPT for THEIR sakes?

For I have studied much of their teachings and beliefs and agree with LITTLE that they offered. And I KNOW what God has DONE in my LIFE and wouldn't give that up for ANYTHING. And EVERYTIME I state something like this, I am confronted by those that indicate they have NO IDEA what I'm talking about. But Fran, I DO.

Blessings,

MEC

Imagican said:
Fran,

I have NO authority. God and His Son ARE the authority. But they DID offer instruction so that we could ALSO understand 'the truth'.

While you would claim that it is NOTHING other than Solo Scriptura that I follow, the TRUTH is, I follow The Spirit in guidance OF The Word.

Can you prove it? No. Thus, it is strictly your opinion that every thought you have is from the Holy Spirit Himself. The problem with that is that He has ALREADY spoken in a particular way to explain the Scriptures. And He doesn't change His mind. Thus, that leaves heretical opinions that come much later as false.

I remind you yet again that the Scriptures do not say that everyone will understand them infallibly. The Spirit is not given to all for that purpose. It is a gift, and not all share in that gift, as 1 Cor 12 notes. The Spirit is given to us individually for the purpose in walking in Christ, not necessarily interpreting Scriptures, ESPECIALLY when they disagree with what has gone before... Your entire concept comes crashing down, because the Spirit has not waited until you came along to express your "offerings". Your "offerings" are strictly your own opinions, not guided by the Spirit, sadly.

Imagican said:
So, while I may 'speak' with authority, it is ONLY as has been revealed. For MY understanding means NOTHING. Never did and probably NEVER WILL.

You do not speak with any authority. You are not a leader or elder in any sense of the word from Scriptures. You were not sent by any other authority. What you offer are your personal opinions, some of which may be correct, some of which are terribly wrong. The problem is that you will not admit to Christian correction, a mark of pride. As we know, pride is a capital sin and is a major obstacle to conversion to Christ.

Imagican said:
But I HAVE submitted my self to understanding that goes BEYOND my mere ability.

Now you have entered wishful thinking.

Sorry, I have no more patience to continue with such high-minded talk from you. I go to say my prayers and go to bed for fear of saying something I may regret.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back