Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Woman and the 144K

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
vet, well i will say that i believe scripturally that the wilderness is a few things:

1) a state of being in trials,

2) the tribulation

3) placed somewhere physically to be hidden from the enemy while still surrounded by them.(not not again as in all believers in one physical place)

I believe in the tribulation all three of these will remain true and play out. But not that all believers will be in one physical locale on earth together, I believe that for those who will listen God may move us around a bit which in itself will be a trial. I do not believe that we will have to be in a literal desert or forrest although if some where for a time it would not suprise me. But either way, that during the tribulation we will indeed be in the wilderness of tribulation- in the trial of the wilderness- and in a wilderness physically as in, trusting God for all things and not living " normal" lives like many christians do now, goin to work, payin bills, going to the grocery store etc..

GodspromisesRyes said:
vet, well i will say that i believe scripturally that the wilderness is a few things:

2) the tribulation

3) placed somewhere physically to be hidden from the enemy while still surrounded by them.(not not again as in all believers in one physical place)

I believe in the tribulation all three of these will remain true and play out. But not that all believers will be in one physical locale on earth together, I believe that for those who will listen God may move us around a bit which in itself will be a trial. I do not believe that we will have to be in a literal desert or forrest although if some where for a time it would not suprise me. But either way, that during the tribulation we will indeed be in the wilderness of tribulation- in the trial of the wilderness- and in a wilderness physically as in, trusting God for all things and not living " normal" lives like many christians do now, goin to work, payin bills, going to the grocery store etc..

You mean, kind of like "on the lamb", running away from place to place like a criminal trying to hide from the cops?

Elijah ran into the wilderness to escape Jezebel trying to kill him. But Elijah did that on his own because of fear, not by God's direction. Instead, what did God do with him? He fed him, strengthened him, and caused Elijah to return and pronounce His judgments upon the false prophets of Baal and Jezebel, etc. God even caused Elijah to outrun Ahab's chariot into Jezreel.

Likewise during the tribulation, God is not looking for servants that are going to run and try to hide or escape. Those He seals for the tribulation will have a job to do. And Elijah's commission is an "ensample" of that for the tribulation timing. We have not need to fear if God be with us during that time, for He is able.

GodspromisesRyes said:
shi- no i wont admit the beast doesnt rule the earth(by Gods authority) because revelation clearly shows it will.
I bet youve never looked the word "earth"up.
Your interpretation of the word earth is world.
But it could mean other things as well.You should look it up.

Daniel 12;7
And I heard the man clothed in linen which was upon the waters of the river;when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven,and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shalll be for a time,times.and a half;and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people,all these things shall be finished.

Let me guess.You thought you would flee to the wilderness .
Its all about you.
Everything that is written is about you.
The world revolves around you.
Isnt you special :)

Quit being so full of yourselves and realize its not all about you.
The woman that flees from the face of the beast is the church in Judea fleeing because of the abomination of desolation.Jesus told her to fllee.

Mt 24;16
Then let them which are in Judea flee into the mountains.

Shilohsfoal said:
Let me guess.You thought you would flee to the wilderness .
Its all about you.
Everything that is written is about you.
The world revolves around you.
Isnt you special :)

Quit being so full of yourselves and realize its not all about you.
I agree. It happened for us. :chin

veteran said:
GodspromisesRyes said:

2) the tribulation

You mean, kind of like "on the lamb", running away from place to place like a criminal trying to hide from the cops?

Elijah ran into the wilderness to escape Jezebel trying to kill him. But Elijah did that on his own because of fear, not by God's direction. Instead, what did God do with him? He fed him, strengthened him, and caused Elijah to return and pronounce His judgments upon the false prophets of Baal and Jezebel, etc. God even caused Elijah to outrun Ahab's chariot into Jezreel.

Likewise during the tribulation, God is not looking for servants that are going to run and try to hide or escape. Those He seals for the tribulation will have a job to do. And Elijah's commission is an "ensample" of that for the tribulation timing. We have not need to fear if God be with us during that time, for He is able.
There is a time to flee and a time to stay. During the tribulation there will be both. I agree we have a job to do in the tribulation however that job begins as one thing and changes to another. Yes elijah fled and was fed in the wilderness by God- when it was time, He went back and worked directly amoung them.

When Moses was born He also " fled" in a manner of speaking by being put in the river and When Jesus was born they fled into egypt for a time. Just as Moses as a man fled into the wilderness before coming back to lead others out and Jesus when His ministry began was led by the Spirit into the wilderness for a time before going back for the rest.

There are those in the church who are ready and waiting and know what will need to be accomplished in that time, but there are MANY in the church who do not know yet, who are full of false doctrines or just do not know much more than milk yet. The Lord always uses a "wilderness" trial to first lead his people into places of weakness where there is nothing around for them to lean on and run to so they will first learn to truly trust HIM. While this time happens they are protected from deceptions and being fed truth and living waters. they are placed in a postion to have no where to turn but to HIM and to find HIM faithful. Only after they have gone through this time and grown and overcome their fleshly temptations and learned to walk in faith, does the second job begin of going out to preach the gospel to deliver the rest out of babylon(ish religion) and the world. THIS is the job of the church as the witnesses in the second half of the tribulation and they will overcome.

We see in scriptures both Gods people fleeing, and Gods people returning to work in the full strength of God. David also fled but came back and Jesus told His disciples to go about preaching the gospel and to flee from city to city- but we also see that a time came for all of them to stand and be persecuted often unto death.

Even Jesus preached amoug the peoples and escaped from amoung them to go to the next city over and over when they tried to lay hold on him, until it was time for his testimony to be finished.

It would be foolish for the entire woman, the church to enter the tribulation thinking " we have a job to do"" we do not have to flee anywhere". The only reason being- they are not all ready for that. And if the only ones who are ready for that, went about right away doing that, there would be no one of faith and power and wisdom to teach and help prepare the rest of the church for their time of ministry. God shows that He will use the tribulation, to preach the gospel for the last time unto the ends of the earth and give everyone their last witness of truth before wrath. But He also shows that it will be the final time of purifying of the saints, maturing them growing them up into the actual measure and stature and fullness of Christ.

Now as far as running from the cops hiding in fear, it may or may not be that way. I fully believe that God can put people in differnt places and even move them around where they go totally or almost totally unnoticed by anyone and God just blinds people to them. A whole community of believers could live in the middle of the beast and be left alone until the time when it is no longer like that.

We see that when the church flees into the wilderness satan trys to send deception after her, but it is not until after that 3 1/2 yrs is over and the great trib starts, that power is given to the beast to persecute and marytr and speak against the Lord and us.

GodspromisesRyes said:
Now as far as running from the cops hiding in fear, it may or may not be that way. I fully believe that God can put people in differnt places and even move them around where they go totally or almost totally unnoticed by anyone and God just blinds people to them. A whole community of believers could live in the middle of the beast and be left alone until the time when it is no longer like that.

We see that when the church flees into the wilderness satan trys to send deception after her, but it is not until after that 3 1/2 yrs is over and the great trib starts, that power is given to the beast to persecute and marytr and speak against the Lord and us.

I believe it will be more like Daniel's captivity in Babylon. Daniel and his fellows were protected until Neb's false prophets had him setup of the golden idol image of himself for all to bow in worship to. A false messiah playing Christ wouldn't be very believable going around killing everyone. It's when he kills God's two witnesses in Jerusalem that will probably begin to raise questions in the minds of some of the deceived that will think he's Christ.

Hello GPR,

You stated: There are those in the church who are ready and waiting and know what will need to be accomplished in that time

My response: I would like to know what you think those in the church, who are ready and waiting, will accomplishe at that time?

Guy

guysmith said:
Hello GPR,

You stated: There are those in the church who are ready and waiting and know what will need to be accomplished in that time

My response: I would like to know what you think those in the church, who are ready and waiting, will accomplishe at that time?

Guy
I believe they will accomplish helping to raise up the rest who were not ready by feeding them the truth of the pure gospel apart from denominations and teachings of men. That they will be an example of faith that those who are not ready have never had. They will help in the same ways God used joseph, jeremiah, daniel, moses, Jesus.

veteran said:
I believe it will be more like Daniel's captivity in Babylon. Daniel and his fellows were protected until Neb's false prophets had him setup of the golden idol image of himself for all to bow in worship to. A false messiah playing Christ wouldn't be very believable going around killing everyone. It's when he kills God's two witnesses in Jerusalem that will probably begin to raise questions in the minds of some of the deceived that will think he's Christ.

I will believe that it will fit several scriptural examples, this being one of them. Some will be in the midst of babylon some will not be. In scriptures the " wilderness" in type has been shown to be a seperated place- AND captivity.

However I do not believe that the two witnesses are two inviduals, I think it will be more the witness of the witnesses that will turn some to repentance at their powerful preaching away from the beast before they have taken his mark.

Hello GPR,

You stated: I believe they will accomplish helping to raise up the rest who were not ready by feeding them the truth of the pure gospel apart from denominations and teachings of men.

My response: You are painting a very pleasant picture of the GT. I was under the impression that every who did not accept the mark-of-the-beast was:
1. not able to purchase anything (including food)
2. rounded up by the AC police and executed.

As I understand it, Christians during the GT won't have access the internet because they won't be able to pay their provider, so they won't have access to the international Christian community. They won't be able to run down to the local McDonald's to feed themselves, so how will they feed others. They won't be able to pay property taxes, so the AC police need only get the tax records to find out who is not complying.

You obviously see something I do not see. Please tell me how these prepared Christians are going to "help raise up the rest who were not ready" while these prepared Christians themselves are in a concentration camp awaiting execution?

Guy

If people would stop and think what the beast is then they wouldnt have any problem understanding where the woman is fleeing from.The beast has seven heads that are seven mountains.Seven mountains does not the world make.Seven hills are just that ,seven hills.
The woman is being scatterd away from Judea.She is leaving Jerusalem/Babylon.
And yes,the whore that sits upon those seven hills is a city=Jerusalem.

Its not that hard people.If you didnt feel the need to include yourself in every prophecy written ,you might not have such a hard time understanding it.

Guys first post was close.The only problem with it is the 144,000 is not the woman.They are the remnant of her seed that the beast goes to war with.

Shilohsfoal said:
Its not that hard people.If you didnt feel the need to include yourself in every prophecy written ,you might not have such a hard time understanding it.
You're half way there. :salute
The next small step is to consider that your's may not be the end time generation.

guysmith said:
Hello GPR,

You stated: I believe they will accomplish helping to raise up the rest who were not ready by feeding them the truth of the pure gospel apart from denominations and teachings of men.

My response: You are painting a very pleasant picture of the GT. I was under the impression that every who did not accept the mark-of-the-beast was:
1. not able to purchase anything (including food)
2. rounded up by the AC police and executed.

As I understand it, Christians during the GT won't have access the internet because they won't be able to pay their provider, so they won't have access to the international Christian community. They won't be able to run down to the local McDonald's to feed themselves, so how will they feed others. They won't be able to pay property taxes, so the AC police need only get the tax records to find out who is not complying.

You obviously see something I do not see. Please tell me how these prepared Christians are going to "help raise up the rest who were not ready" while these prepared Christians themselves are in a concentration camp awaiting execution?

Guy
guy!i thought you meant the first half of tribulation not the gt. that answer is quite differnt. Everything I said above is what I believe those who were ready will do in the " wilderness' during the FIRST half of tribulation before the gt when great persecution begins and the mark etc..

During the GT when there is the mark and persecution- I believe that the church will fulfill the "gospel commision" i .e. going out IN TWOS into the nations preaching the gospel to the ends of the earth for the last time. As they go they will shake the dust off their feet where they are not heard and when their individual testimonies are finished they will be given to prisons, martyrdom etc.. Durign that time God will keep them until it is their time to take up their cross officially. I believe that in a way they willbe going before the mark of the beast, those who have not yet taken it where they preach may hear and be saved and join them. They will go from place to place and God will protect them until they are given to martyrdom it will be the worse time that has been because the world will be turning over to the beast for ever and the wrath of satan will be fierce but the saints will possess the kingdom and do expoilts :)

Shilohsfoal said:
If people would stop and think what the beast is then they wouldnt have any problem understanding where the woman is fleeing from.The beast has seven heads that are seven mountains.Seven mountains does not the world make.Seven hills are just that ,seven hills.

Guys first post was close.The only problem with it is the 144,000 is not the woman.They are the remnant of her seed that the beast goes to war with.
Well I will tell you why I do not agree. Firstly revelation like all prophesy uses symbols. So " seven mountians" are not literal mountians like in rome or jerusalem- In scripture mountains are kingdoms.

Rev 17:9 And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Rev 17:7 ¶ And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:1 ¶ And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

The whore sits on MANY WATERS- AND on the BEAST- We are shown these are peopleas multitudes nations and tongues.

The seven heads are seven mountains.- and there are seven kings. In Johns day dive were fallen one was and one was to come- then there was to be an eighth which was of the seven.

These are the kingdoms and peoples whom have oppressed Gods people. Egypt Assyria Baylon Medi Persia ROME, greece. all these beast nations will be joined in the last beast nation which is the one the whore sits on- multitudes peoples nations and tongues.

Jerusalem is a type of the whore yes, and she has seven literal hills yes but she is just a physical representation of a world wide, since creation, harlot that has persectued Gods people and will persecute the saints.- Those of the FLESH and the LETTER always persecute and hate those of the Spirit. It was true from cain to esau- it was true of judas- and it is true of every religius harlot church that has ever persecutee Gods spiritual people.

GodspromisesRyes said:
Shilohsfoal said:

Well I will tell you why I do not agree. Firstly revelation like all prophesy uses symbols. So " seven mountians" are not literal mountians like in rome or jerusalem- In scripture mountains are kingdoms.

Rev 17:9 And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Rev 17:7 ¶ And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:1 ¶ And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

The whore sits on MANY WATERS- AND on the BEAST- We are shown these are peopleas multitudes nations and tongues.

The seven heads are seven mountains.- and there are seven kings. In Johns day dive were fallen one was and one was to come- then there was to be an eighth which was of the seven.

These are the kingdoms and peoples whom have oppressed Gods people. Egypt Assyria Baylon Medi Persia ROME, greece. all these beast nations will be joined in the last beast nation which is the one the whore sits on- multitudes peoples nations and tongues.

Jerusalem is a type of the whore yes, and she has seven literal hills yes but she is just a physical representation of a world wide, since creation, harlot that has persectued Gods people and will persecute the saints.- Those of the FLESH and the LETTER always persecute and hate those of the Spirit. It was true from cain to esau- it was true of judas- and it is true of every religius harlot church that has ever persecutee Gods spiritual people.

Very good.

And another Biblical reason to understand the seven mountains relating to seven areas of the earth is because of the beast picture given back in Rev.12:3-4 at the time of Satan's original rebellion with his angels. If that's not enough, there's still the modern movement of globalism and one world government of the joining of nations signs. How can anyone leave those signs in the world today out of all this?

Hello GPR,

You stated: guy, i believe that the manchild is the 144,ooo....

My response: Actually, I agree with you on this one. What prompted you to this conclusion?

You stated: ..... and the woman is the rest of the church.

My response: I believe that the rest of the church is described in verse 17.

Revelation 12:17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

How do explain that the woman is the rest of the Church? And if she is, then who is verse 17 describing?

Guy

GodspromisesRyes said:
Shilohsfoal said:

GodspromisesRyes
There no need to rewrite the scriptures.There are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth.You shouldnt attempt to rewrite the scripture if you are truly trying to understand it.It would be best if you simply tryed to understand it.I understand it may not be written so that you would understand it thouggh because I know who it is written so that they will understand it.And that is when I began to understand who the beast is and who the whore is.I'll tell you this .The things describing the beast would be found in a fith grade jewish history book and thats how simple it is.It is written so that a child could understand it if that child happens to be jewish.

Now ,here is some of the simple things you struggle with.The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sitteth.Yes this is describinmg Jerusalem and the woman is said to be a city.
Rev 17;18
And the woman which thopu sawest is that great city,which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Now see how simple the scripture is to understand when you dont attempt to rewrite it?
All of the things written of the beast are that simple.Your biggest problem is you have been misled by people who have no knowledge of the subject.If you have any questions concering the beast ,you can ask .Or you could just go and buy a fifth grade Israel history book.

ps

Rev17;10-11
And there are seven kings;five are fallen, and one is,and the other is not yet come;and when he cometh,he must continue a short space.And the beast that was,and is not,even he is the eighth ,and is of the seven,and goeth into perdition.

The seven kings that have reigned over Israel
Five that were fallen.
Egypt,Assyrian,Babylon,Persia,and Macedonia.
One that was at the time John wrote this-
Rome.
Then came the Dispora
The one who would come and continue a short space,who the people of Israel were gatherd under-
Great britian.
The eighth is that kingdom( which is of the seven)that once was,then was not when John wrote this,but now is again today.
The kingdom that calls itself by the name of Israel.

As i said.All of the things written about the beast can be found in a fifth grade Israel history book.
The book of Revelation is written so that the 144,000 can undersnd it.They would have been taught these things in elementary school.

Below is what the 144,000 see everday.See how easy it is for them to understand?

Main articles: Demographics of Israel and Languages of Israel

Trilingual road signsAfter reaching 7,406,900 inhabitants[4] according to the first data released from its 2008 census, in 2010 Israel's population stands at about 7.5 million.[3] Israel has two official languages, Hebrew and Arabic.[1] Hebrew is the primary language of the state and is spoken by the majority of the population, and Arabic is spoken by the Arab minority. As of 2008, Arab citizens of Israel comprise just over 20% of the country's total population.[271]

Many Israelis communicate reasonably well in English, as many television programs are broadcast in this language and English is taught from the early grades in elementary school. As a country of immigrants, many languages can be heard on the streets. Due to mass immigration from the former Soviet Union and Ethiopia (some 120,000 Ethiopian Jews live in Israel)[272] Russian and Amharic are widely spoken.[273] Between 1990 and 1994, the Russian immigration increased Israel's population by twelve percent.[274] Out of more than one million Russian-speaking immigrants in Israel,[275] about 300,000 are considered gentile by the Orthodox rabbinate, because, under the Orthodox interpretation, only children to Jewish mothers are considered Jews.[276][277] Over the last decade, large numbers of migrant workers from Romania, Thailand, China, Africa and South America have settled in Israel. Exact figures are unknown as many of them are living in the country illegally,[278] but estimates run in the region of 200,000.[279] Over 16,000 African asylum seekers have entered Israel in recent years.[280] The main language amongst deaf Israelis is Israeli Sign Language (ISL).[281]

Retention of Israel's population since 1948 is about even or greater, when compared to other countries with mass immigration.[282] Emigration from Israel (yerida) to other countries, primarily the United States and Canada, is described by demographers as modest,[283] but is often cited by Israeli government ministries as a major threat to Israel's future.[284][285]

You would be surprized at the amount of scripture you could understand if you were able to look at things through someones elses eyes.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back