Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The women condition

Biblically, the main thing that comes to mind is sanitation. Which is mentioned in the laws of Moses, but the way that was done back then is sorely outdated now. We have better--and much more convenient!--ways to keep it sanitary. I'm certainly glad I don't have to wash whatever I sit on.:oops2

Leviticus 15:19-30 shows the laws concerning menstruating women back then, but it's so different today with all the products that women can buy now. Places in India and many other countries that are hard pressed for having clean water it can become a health issue when they can not buy products like disposable pads and tampons and have to reuse towels that are not washed properly. It's not that it's taboo, but something people do not want to talk about especially man. I was told that Indians long ago had to sit on a hole they had to dig until they were done menstruating. At least they got out of doing chores for that time period and sounds like a good thing to me :chin

Man, that would suck, though. I wouldn't want to sit on some hole in the ground for a solid week. =P Now, give me wifi and some manga, then maybe we have a deal....

Last edited:
A whole week? Mine lasts for about four days! I don't think it's a taboo over here, just another hygiene issue. In places where sanitary products are less available and old superstitions are prevalent, menstruation being seen as dirty or wicked is usually the result. I wouldn't say it is widely talked about here simply because it isn't a very 'appetising' topic.

Man, that would suck, though. I wouldn't want to sit on some hole in the ground for a solid week. =P Now, give me wifi and some manga, then maybe we have a deal....
so the ac would be able to own thy soul with these, lol

I'm glad those days are behind me and the night sweats keep me warm on a cold winters night :sohappy

Do we even have any Indians here?

th_thth1sm112iknowdesk.gif

Feathers, not dots.

Supposedly my mom's paternal Great grandfather was a full blooded Cherokee indian,,,but you can't tell it by looking at me.
According to my biological father, he (and by that extension, myself) is supposedly related to the Cherokee. But, he tended to make stuff up. He also claimed he was a ninja.

I know a youngish Indian girl...she is married, but does not wear the red dot. Is this a big thing for Indians or an optional custom thing?

Back