Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Theistic Evolution

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Barbarian,

He didn't need any particular way. It's just the one He chose. It happens to be more elegant in operation than tinkering or design.

No, it doesn't. Go and look. "Yom" can mean a variety of things, not necessarily a day, much less a 24-hour day.

I think the easiest way to separate Jesus using evolution or Jesus creating all things by design, is the meaning of he Hebrew word "yom".

Show me any Bible contexts where "yom" refers to a time that is not a single day.

You have over 1400 verses to choose from.

Shalom

The precise meaning of yom in tanach has 4 meanings depending on the context.

1. Either Yom as in daylight (12 hours)
  2. Yom as a single day (24 hours)
  3. Yom as a year or two (As used in shmuel and Yehoshua)
  4. Yom can be an indefinite amount of time, such as the word 'b'yom meaning 'when, or the phrase 'Ad hayom hazeh' (until this day)

In Bereshit(Genesis) both the first and second meanings of the word are clearly used and the 4th meaning of the word is arguably used. There is no single opinion agreed upon by everyone as to which meaning is used where.
http://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/10079/what-is-the-meaning-of-יוֹם-yowm-in-bereshit

The Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (1980, Moody Press)

"It can denote: 1. the period of light (as contrasted with the period of darkness), 2. the period of twenty-four hours, 3. a general vague "time," 4. a point of time, 5. a year (in the plural; I Sam 27:7; Ex 13:10, etc.)."

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible (symbols omitted)

from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), [often used adv.]:--age, + always, + chronicles, continually (-ance), daily, ([birth-], each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, end, evening, (for)ever(lasting), ever(more), full, life, as long as (...live), even now, old, outlived, perpetually, presently, remaineth, required, season, since, space, then, (process of) time, as at other times, in trouble, weather (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), whole (age), (full) year (-ly), younger

As you can see, Hebrew dictionaries attest to the fact that the word Yom is used for anywhere from 12 hours up to a year, and even a vague "time period" of unspecified length.
http://www.oldearth.org/word_study_yom.htm#sthash.jBt5mmQm.dpuf
Now let's go take a look...

Moses, the author of the first five books of the Bible, and of Psalm 90, used Yom in many different ways.

1. Genesis 4:3 "And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord." In this instance, Yom refers to a growing season, probably several months.
  2. Genesis 43:9 "...then let me bear the blame for ever." Here, Moses uses Yom to represent eternity
  3. Genesis 44:32 "...then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever." Again, Moses uses Yom to represent eternity
  4. Deuteronomy 4:40 "...that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the Lord thy God giveth the, for ever." Here Yom represents a physical lifetime
  5. Deuteronomy 10:10, "Now I stayed on the mountain forty days and nights, as I did the first time,..." Here, Yom is a "time" equal to forty days.
  6. Deuteronomy 18:5 "...to stand to minister in the name of the Lord, him and his sons for ever." Again, Yom is translated as eternity
  7. Deuteronomy 19:9 "...to love the Lord thy God, and to walk ever in His ways..." Here, Yom represents a lifetime. As long as we live we are to walk in his ways

As you can see, Moses used the word Yom to represent 12-hours, 24 hours, the creative week, forty days, several months, a lifetime, and eternity.

http://www.oldearth.org/word_study_yom.htm#sthash.jBt5mmQm.dpuf

Looks like what we have here is an attempt to change times and laws.. You can't separate day and night those are fixed, when the sun rises its morning when it sets its evening when this occurs we call it a day.. What does the bible say about changing times and laws?

tob

The point is that "yom" doesn't always mean what some people thought it does. As you see, even Moses used it for all sorts of things, from 12 hours to infinity.

And that pretty much settles it.

What does the bible say about changing times and laws?

I believe Moses was inspired by God, so obviously, that's not what he was doing.

Firstly, to equate "knowledge" with "science" is a serious error.
Why is equating "science" with "knowledge" a serious error ?

Isn't that what secular science does? to discover knowledge, use knowledge appropriately (wisdom) and apply such knowledge into technical applications (engineering) ?

What science tells us is a form of knowledge but knowledge encompasses much more than just science.

Isn't that what spiritual science does? to discover knowledge about Jesus or His Creation, use knowledge appropriately (moral wisdom) and apply such knowledge into technical applications (salvation) ?
There is no such thing as "spiritual science."

You seem to be making the common error of putting evolution and God in the same category, as though they are polar opposites that one must choose between. But God is an intelligent agent and evolution is a process--different categories. Intelligent agents use processes.

I see, Free. So why do non-believers use evolution? Does that not conflict with a believer who also uses evolution? Aren't non-believers allowed to have their own beliefs and their own religion? So why would a believer want to use some of their words as if its OK for believers to use ? Would they not confuse one's religion? Maybe I am wrong, but prove to me "evolution" is NOT a "Religious term", or at least have "religious implications" , we would have to ask a Naturalist religious person or an atheist religious person.
I know science people use "evolution" a lot, most do not believe in God, and are "Naturalists" , is this a religion? And so is "evolution" a religious term. That would be the first question that really needs answering. And I don't have the answers I am afraid....so I am asking you.
No, evolution is not a religious term. It is just a word used to describe a process.

Firstly, yom has more than one meaning, including an indeterminate period of time. Secondly, there are some very Godly scholars and theologians who disagree with the idea that "The Bible says creation took place in 24 hour periods of time."

I receive my scholarship from Gerald Schroeder on the accuracy of the word yom. He is a Jewish professor and uses only ancient commentary from respected Rabbi on the Hebrew meaning of words.
A simple way to allow me to agree with you, is show me some Bible contexts where yom does not mean a day.

Barbarian has provided some information but if you would like to study it for yourself, here you go:

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/nas/yowm.html

To sum then, we must be very careful to not make Scripture say more than it does nor to make it say things it doesn't. The Bible simply does not say how old the earth is or give the exact details of how God created everything, what processes he may have used.

Yes I agree. My information only comes from Scripture. Some may differ on how Hebrew is interpreted?
Phrases such as "science of salvation" and "spiritual science" do not come from Scripture.

What science tells us is a form of knowledge but knowledge encompasses much more than just science.

Right. Science is a very limited method, and can't address the supernatural at all. Fortunately, although science can't know anything supernatural, scientists can.

i didn't say anything about Moses i was talking about man changing times and laws..
tob

Moses used the same word to describe everything from 12 hours to infinity. If that's not changing times, I'd be hard put to see what is.

Barbarian, you present a fine case of scholarship, which bears down to no evidence, only translations of Hebrew into English. I will check out the links as well , later.

First of all, if we are going to study Hebrew words, we study all the verses that use the word, which you have presented well. So Let's go through your examples one by one :-

(1) 1Sa 27:7 And the time that David dwelt in the country of the Philistines was a full year and four months. KJV
1Sa 27:7 And the time that David dwelt in the country of the Philistines was a day and four months.
eg: Nu 10:10 Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months,

Possibly referring to four months and a day ? not sure??

(2) Ex 13:10 Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year. KJV

Ex 13:10 Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in the "appointed times" from day to day.

Ge 1:14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for "appointed times", and for days, and years "shaneh"

Ho 12:9 And I that am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt will yet make thee to dwell in tabernacles, as in the days of the "appointed times".

The use of the translation "year" is confusing. Hebrew already has a word for "year" but did not use it. Appointed times came with a "year" on certain "days" hence keeping the "appointed times" on the correct day to the final day, makes more sense.

(3)Ge 43:9 I will be surety for him; of my hand shalt thou require him: if I bring him not unto thee, and set him before thee, then let me bear the blame for ever: KJV
Ge 43:9 I will be surety for him; of my hand shalt thou require him: if I bring him not unto thee, and set him before thee, then let me bear the blame daily:
ie the Father was to suffer daily should his son not come back to him....

(4) Ge 44:32 For thy servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto thee, then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever.
Ge 44:32 For thy servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto thee, then I shall bear the blame to my father daily.
Ge 44:32 (YLT) for thy servant obtained the youth by surety from my father, saying, If I bring him not in unto thee--then I have sinned against my father all the days.
.ie the Father was to suffer daily should his son not come back to him....

(5) De 4:40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever. KJV
De 4:40 Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, daily.
De 4:40 (YLT) and thou hast kept His statutes and His commands which I am commanding thee to-day, so that it is well to thee, and to thy sons after thee, and so that thou prolongest days on the ground which Jehovah thy God is giving to thee--all the days.'
The Young's literal translation is a better method to read Hebrew words properly....understanding the context is another matter.

1Co 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily "hemera".
The NT also lists "day" on the end of sentences, as this example with "hemera".

(6) De 10:10 And I stayed in the mount, according to the first time, forty days and forty nights;KJV
De 10:10 (YLT) `And I--I have stood in the mount, as the former days, forty days and forty nights,
The Young's literal translation is a better method to read Hebrew words properly....understanding the context is another matter.

(7) De 18:5 For the LORD thy God hath chosen him out of all thy tribes, to stand to minister in the name of the LORD, him and his sons for ever.
De 18:5 (YLT) for on him hath Jehovah thy God fixed, out of all thy tribes, to stand to serve in the name of Jehovah, He and his sons continually.
De 18:5 for on him hath Jehovah thy God fixed, out of all thy tribes, to stand to serve in the name of Jehovah, He and his sons for all the days.

This is perhaps the only example of days having a continued sense....not that day means more than 24 hours, but the days is ongoing, day after day after day....

(8) De 19:9 If thou shalt keep all these commandments to do them, which I command thee this day, to love the LORD thy God, and to walk ever in his ways;
De 19:9 If thou shalt keep all these commandments to do them, which I command thee this day, to love the LORD thy God, and to walk daily in his ways;
De 19:9 (YLT) when thou keepest all this command to do it, which I am commanding thee to-day, to love Jehovah thy God, and to walk in His ways all the days--then thou hast added to thee yet three cities to these three;

Barbarian I do not see any change to the meaning of yom, as "day". Some contexts suggest I might do something day after day after day. But the "day" remains a 12 hour of light and 12 hour of night.

Joh 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day?

Do you have any other Bible verses of context ?
Shalom

Free

Phrases such as "science of salvation" and "spiritual science" do not come from Scripture.

As Hebrew phrases you are correct, but the concepts are there.....

Da 1:4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science "madda", and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.

While science was known in Hebrew times, it was a term where knowledge was used skilfully to achieve something functional... the term does not just mean information , but the intelligent skilful use of knowledge (science) as I see its definition using Scripture. And note, I always use Scripture for my definition's of words.... but more or less the secular science definition is similar...

Mt 19:16 ¶ And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

These two men are asking for the "science of salvation", which means the process by which one is saved by GOD with man's co-operation.

Hope this helps...God bless your ministry and your services to others....
Shalom

"Science" actually appears at least once elsewhere in scripture, in some translations,

1 Timothy 6:20: O Timothy, keep that which is committed to your trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: (KJV) But this is, like your case, is a translation of the Koine Greek, which actually means "knowledge", and does not refer to what we call "science" today. It is more properly translated as philosophy or theology.

Science, prior to the Arab golden age, did not exist as we know it today. The idea of hypothesizing an explanation, and then checking it by carefully controlling variables and gathering data, was first formed by Arab scholars and then refined in the Renaissance by European scholars like Bacon.

Science has done some amazing things, and has greatly enhanced our understanding of nature. But that's all it can ever do. It's too weak a method to approach God. It might be tempting to try to get some of the prestige of science, by applying it to God, but it will always fail; you need a different way of knowing for things like that.

Barbarian,

You might be right with 1 Timothy as a translation Barbarian, but consider this verse in the Old Testament

Da 1:4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science "madda",

Babylon wanted the very best of children to advance her own technologies....thus madda means much more than philosophy....

Consider Solomon prayed for madda

2Ch 1:10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge "madda", that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?

You cannot say Solomon did not know science, his could answer any question about nature.

2Ch 7:1 ¶ Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house.
2Ch 7:12 ¶ And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.

2Ch 9:2 And Solomon told her all her questions: and there was nothing hid from Solomon which he told her not.

Nothing Solomon could not answer or do.....we have discovered Solomon's time reached to Africa and America in trade , the ships and navigation skills show the science involved.

From these verses we gather that science and wisdom are gifts of God.

I also note Barbarian, you did not answer that yom only means a day.

Shalom

You might be right with 1 Timothy as a translation Barbarian, but consider this verse in the Old Testament

Da 1:4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science "madda",

"Science doesn't mean "Wisdom", either.

Babylon wanted the very best of children to advance her own technologies....thus madda means much more than philosophy....

Consider Solomon prayed for madda

2Ch 1:10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge "madda", that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?

Wisdom granted by God is not science, which is an invention of man.

Nothing Solomon could not answer or do....

Show us that Solomon was omnipotent and omniscient. Those are attributes of God alone.

we have discovered Solomon's time reached to Africa and America in trade , the ships and navigation skills show the science involved.

The stone age Polynesians navigated the Pacific without elaborate scientific knowledge. Just careful observation, watching the stars and conditions around them. From Israel to Africa would have been to the borders of Solomon's kingdom. Show us that he had voyages to America.

From these verses we gather that science and wisdom are gifts of God.

You seem to have left out a few steps in your proof. Can you fill those in for us?

I also note Barbarian, you did not answer that yom only means a day.

As you learned, Moses used the word for everything from 12 hours to eternity. So no, it doesn't have to mean "day."

Actually, there are 24 in a day, if you take it literally. For Moses, it could mean 12 hours, 24 hours, a lifetime, some months, an unspecfied number of years, or forever.

Barbarian

Just because Scripture lists two Hebrew words in a sentence, does not make them the same Barbarian....your assumption to equate "chokmah" with "madda" is WRONG !

Show us that Solomon was omnipotent and omniscient. Those are attributes of God alone.
The context was Solomon knew science or "madda" or knowledge, and thus could have answered any question regarding GOD's creation, and never reveals the deeper secrets about GOD! Must you always seek tangents?

The stone age Polynesians navigated the Pacific without elaborate scientific knowledge. Just careful observation, watching the stars and conditions around them. From Israel to Africa would have been to the borders of Solomon's kingdom. Show us that he had voyages to America.

http://hope-of-israel.org/hebinusa.htm for example

Moses used the word for everything from 12 hours to eternity.

Moses wrote In Hebrew not English. Your presentation using "yom" was weak. Using Young's Literal Translation was all I needed to show your wrong with the meaning of Yom.

That means that when GOD created the animals in a single day, they filled the earth rapidly with the programmed changes already built into their kinds....and "evolution" was not required, whatever that time related word means.

Most people see evolution as a nice word that simply means the change in allele frequency over generations of time, the change in the generation.

But really the root word "evolve" has a deeper meaning:-

1. to develop gradually.

synonyms: develop, progress, make progress, advance, move forward, make headway, mature, grow, open out, unfold, unroll, expand, enlarge, spread, extend

And the meaning evolution:-

Biological evolution, simply put, is descent with modification. This definition encompasses small-scale evolution (changes in gene frequency in a population from one generation to the next) and large-scale evolution (the descent of different species from a common ancestor over many generations).
Evolution 101: An Introduction to Evolution
evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/IIntro.shtml

There is too much hype with this word, and nobody has a good definition for it.

Many argue that Intelligent Design is just science, but some say it's religion in disguise.
Many argue that evolution is just a science process, but some say it's religion in disguise.

So how are we to know?

Da 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain

There is a brand new religious power identified here, not like any religion before. There verses fit roughly the time of the French Revolution in the 1780's to 1790's. I think this God of forces is evolution, and thus make evolution a religion, not a biological process at all. Now I could be wrong, we know Atheism was rampant in the French times here, but what was underlying all this tension? I don't have all the answers, I am just asking questions and throwing out theories to test? Origin of Species was published in 1859, but would not the seeds of a new religion grow years before this? You see I suspect Secular Science uses evolution as a religion, and hence I am wary of the term. Why was Darwin hailed as a hero when His work was published? It wasn't because it was a good science research, it was because one could now believe without God being in everything. Thus evolutionism is as much as religion as creationism. One tends to leave out God and the other upholds God as supreme. Shalom

Barbarian observes:

Just because Scripture lists two Hebrew words in a sentence, does not make them the same Barbarian....your assumption to equate "chokmah" with "madda" is WRONG !

The line you quoted is understood by scholars as Solomon praying for wisdom.

Nothing Solomon could not answer or do....

The context was Solomon knew science or "madda" or knowledge, and thus could have answered any question regarding GOD's creation

The Bible says that? Where?

Must you always seek tangents?

If you didn't want to talk about it, it was probably a mistake to bring it up.

Barbarian, regarding voyages:

for example

Lots of stories there, but no checkable facts. Show us some evidence..

Barbarian regarding "Yom"
Moses used the word for everything from 12 hours to eternity.

Moses wrote In Hebrew not English.

No kidding. And as you see, Moses used "yom" to mean various periods of time, not just a day. Would you like me to show you again?

Your presentation using "yom" was weak.

As you see, Moses himself didn't treat it as you do.

That means that when GOD created the animals in a single day, they filled the earth rapidly with the programmed changes already built into their kinds....

As you have learned, that's an alteration to God's word, not what He actually said.

and "evolution" was not required,

He could have produce life's diversity any way He liked. Evolution is the way He liked.

whatever that time related word means.

And of course, it can mean any length of time.

Most people see evolution as a nice word that simply means the change in allele frequency over generations of time, the change in the generation.

In the same sense that "gravitation" means "apples fall from trees." But of course, the idea has bigger implications.

But really the root word "evolve" has a deeper meaning:-

If you find that confusing, use Darwin's term: "descent with modification."

There is too much hype with this word, and nobody has a good definition for it.

"Change in allele frequency in populations over time" nicely defines biological evolution. Try to find an example that isn't covered by that.

Many argue that Intelligent Design is just science, but some say it's religion in disguise.

The Dover Trial settled that. It's a religion. The guys who founded it, accidentally leaked the fact:
The Wedge Document outlines a public relations campaign meant to sway the opinion of the public, popular media, charitable funding agencies, and public policy makers.

The document sets forth the short-term and long-term goals with milestones for the intelligent design movement, with its governing goals stated in the opening paragraph:

• "To defeat scientific materialism and its destructive moral, cultural and political legacies"
  • "To replace materialistic explanations with the theistic understanding that nature and human beings are created by God"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_strategy

Many argue that evolution is just a science process, but some say it's religion in disguise.

The trial settled that, too. IDer Michael Behe freely testified that evolutionary theory is a scientific theory.

So how are we to know?

First, be honest with yourself. If you can do that, you can find the truth.

Actually, there are 24 in a day, if you take it literally. For Moses, it could mean 12 hours, 24 hours, a lifetime, some months, an unspecfied number of years, or forever.

Not exactly, there are 12 hours in the day 12 hours in the night..= 1 day

tob

Barbarian

The line you quoted is understood by scholars as Solomon praying for wisdom.
You rely too much on what others think, rather than reading Scripture yourself.

.Lots of stories there, but no checkable facts. Show us some evidence..

View attachment 6204

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/15_loslunas.html Found in the USA.....read the link....

Would you like me to show you again?
Yes if you have proof "yom" means anything else except a day .... And make sure Young's Literal Translation is also perplexed by your Bible verse....

If you find that confusing, use Darwin's term: "descent with modification."

Ge 1:20 ¶ And God said, Let the waters bring forth swarming swarmers.

The Bible already says placing two Hebrew words side by side, one in the verb one in the noun that organisms of a kind were programmed for speciation rapidly, and this is not done with DNA random code changes, but switching of genes that can make features as required, so all the code is already present.

The problem for Darwin on his ship he read a book by a person who claim species were fixed by God, but sadly such a confused person did not read Hebrew in Genesis did he ? He trusted some poor translation of English instead.

When words spell the same, the verb indicates incomplete action, the noun completed action.

So there is no need to explain where the DNA code came from, it was already there.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"evolution is a religious term"

History of eugenicshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics
The idea of eugenics to produce better human beings has existed at least since Plato suggested selective mating to produce a guardian class.[8] The idea of eugenics to decrease the birth of inferior human beings has existed at least since William Goodell (1829-1894) advocated the castration and spaying of the insane.[9][10]
However, the term "eugenics" to describe the modern concept of improving the quality of human beings born into the world was originally developed by Francis Galton. Galton had read his half-cousin Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, which sought to explain the development of plant and animal species, and desired to apply it to humans. Galton believed that desirable traits were hereditary based on biographical studies.[11] In 1883, one year after Darwin's death, Galton gave his research a name: eugenics.[12] Throughout its recent history, eugenics has remained a controversial concept.[13]

----------------------------------------
"evolution comes from a book about favoured races of humans"

Most people are not even aware of the full title of his 1859 masterwork: On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life. That last half of the title, often overlooked, sounds like it could come straight out of a Ku Klux Klan manual. [Ed. note added July 2014: In the Origin subtitle, Darwin would have primarily intended the word ‘races’ to refer to groupings of plants and animals. However, he did indicate his belief that man was essentially just one more animal by writing in it of "the differences between the races of man, which are so strongly marked" (in the context of variation and selection). Though this hints at the racist implications of his theory applied to humans, these only became truly explicit in his later book, The Descent of Man, as highlighted in this article.] http://creation.com/darwin-and-eugenics

Indeed, ‘by the time Darwin published the second edition of The Descent of Man in 1874, he had added Francis Galton’s eugenic theories and Herbert Spencer’s "survival of the fittest" social philosophy to the mix, calling Hereditary Genius, Galton’s treatise on the biological nature of intelligence and moral character, "remarkable" and Spencer "our greatest philosopher".’ Note that Galton, the Father of Eugenics, was Darwin’s first cousin, and indebted to his theories

Dr. Michael Ruse, from the Department of Philosophy at the University of Guelph in Ontario, is a philosopher of science, particularly of the evolutionary sciences. He is the author of several books on Darwinism and evolutionary theory and in an article in the National Post he wrote:7

Evolution is promoted by its practitioners as more than mere science. Evolution is promulgated as an ideology, a secular religion—a full-fledged alternative to Christianity, with meaning and morality. . . . Evolution is a religion. This was true of evolution in the beginning, and it is true of evolution still today...
https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/is-evolution-a-religion/

http://atheism.about.com/od/evolutionreligionreligious/p/EvolutionRelig.htm
Does evolution involve belief in supernatural beings like god? No. Evolutionary theory neither encourages nor discourages it. Evolution is accepted by theists and atheists, regardless of their position on the existence of the supernatural.

Ps 82:6 ¶ I have said, Ye are gods"elohim" ; and all of you are children of the most High.

This verse says man is elohiym as God is Elohiym, we can be Gods ourselves, therefore one can believe ourselves to be a "god". Whether man is supernatural is another claim, an attribute or quality of elohim.
So the premise of the article is false. Atheists can worsip themselves as gods.

Thus, for example, theistic religions typically claim that morality is derived from the commands of their gods.

Evolutionary theory does have something to say about the origins of morality, but only as a natural development.

Ro 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;

Those who do not know torah, can be torah to themselves, develop a sense of law from their own minds. Therfore this process is available to all humans, including atheists.

The article suggests evolution does not impose feelings, or worship or pray or such things as religion does. Exactly, this is a brand new different kind of religion, unknown to any religion before it.

Da 11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many.... This new religion is termed "god of forces"

If Darwin meant his term "Evolution" to simply mean "speciation" he could have done so, but "Evolution" means more than just "speciation" .... as His book title suggests : "On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life"\

Shalom

Back