Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

There's no way we can witness to unbelievers

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Gabby,

In the context of the point I was making I stand by my post while agreeing we need to be restored to God's grace and mercy in being born of water and spirit.

Dave... said:
We preach a simple message according to the truth of God's Word, that is what a successful evangelist does. We don't convert people, we simply preach the truth. Those who are His will not listen to the lies, they will follow the truth because they are His. Those who are not His will not hear the truth no matter how it is presented, those who are His will hear it.

Some people can be put in the best learning environment, and still get 99% of it wrong every time. While others can be put in the worst learning environment, and if there is a truth to be filtered from all the lies, they will usually find it. There's a reason for this.

This is amazingly very true.
Great post Dave

Quath, it is very true that believers can not agree on many things. Perhaps this is because we are different parts of the body, and because we are human and fail a good deal of the time...most of the time. All I can do is pray that my light, and the lights of my brothers, and sisters, shine brighter for the lost who are still afar off, and that God will save them. I know that someone like you, who is in unbelief, thinks that an obvious tangible sign from God seems like the best way to convert unbelievers. That didn't work for the Pharisees, as you know. God has chosen the Holy Spirit to reveal Himself because this is an eternal, and penetrating, miracle that regenerates a man's spirit, and renews Him daily, and enables Him to love God, and obey Him. I think that this is much better than an outward tangible sign. Signs are temporary, reasoned away by human logic, scientifically explained by human knowledge, duplicated by the deceiver, and only truly convincing to a believer anyway. Memories fade, and this approach could never be a consistent, enduring, true north for anyone because it is based on man's inconsistent reason, logic, emotion, etc., and not on God. The Spirit is the only guide for the believer, and the only convincing witness, because He touches a place in the soul/heart...the core...of the believer, and bears witness of Christ, the True light, in an enduring manner in the secret place of a man. As a believer, I see signs everywhere that unbeliever's miss because they do not attribute to God that which He deserves. How can they unless the Spirit dwells in them, and shows them things in the spirit? Now, you mentioned why Christ, and not some other religion? Because God sent His Son, and Christ willingly died, to provide redemption for me while I was yet His enemy as a free gift. This sets Him apart, because it is true no matter what I do, or believe. Secondly, God has given me the Spirit as a witness to the Truth of this Gospel in a place deep inside me where I was once alone. There is no greater love than this, and no better way to communicate it except that it dwell in a man's soul. I know you are very familiar with the Word, and I pray for you, and your family, that one day your eyes will be opened to the Love of God, and you will be my brother in Christ.

Consider 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

This is the greatest sign...we are able to look at that which is not seen.

Hebrews 11:1

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

I know my words could never convert you, but the Spirit can through the Word of God. I pray that you will be led to ask Him for genuine faith one day. The Lord bless you.

lovely said:
I know that someone like you, who is in unbelief, thinks that an obvious tangible sign from God seems like the best way to convert unbelievers. That didn't work for the Pharisees, as you know.
I guess I don't know. All I know about the Pharisees is that they believed in God and tried to help other Jews follow God's laws as best as they could make out. But I don't seem them using physical proof as a means to convert other people to Judiasm.

Signs are temporary, reasoned away by human logic, scientifically explained by human knowledge, duplicated by the deceiver, and only truly convincing to a believer anyway.
Sime signs are. However, what stops God from making one that isn't? For example, God could rearrange the stars to form his name. Or he could make a permament talking burning bush. Or he could ask Jesus to go on talk shows and spread the good word.

Remember that both sides in WWII were saying that God was on their side. Shouldn't God have cleared the air so people would know who they should fight for? There is a serious lack of information coming from God and it just leads to chaos and lost souls. So either God does not care or does not exist.

The Spirit is the only guide for the believer, and the only convincing witness, because He touches a place in the soul/heart...the core...of the believer, and bears witness of Christ, the True light, in an enduring manner in the secret place of a man.
People of every religion say they have mystical experiences. Buddhists see the world through their ancestors. New Agers feel the power of crystals. Christians feel the presece of God and Jesus. It seems to just be another feeling that people think they feel to convince themselves their religion is true.

This is the greatest sign...we are able to look at that which is not seen.
So lack of evidence proves your belief? Sounds like anything could be justified by that.

That Darth Vader mask is depriving ya brain of the oxygen needed to think straight

thessalonian said:
Oh..OK...

He was the snake in the Robin Hood cartoon who coiled round Maid Marian, hypnotised her with his strobed eyes & sang,

"Trus-s-s-st in me...

Jus-s-st in me.."

The way popes, cardinals & all other false prophets do

Can you give me one quote from any pope, bishop, or cardinal in which he says the words you have put in his mouth. Thank you.

How often has Papa Ratzi already demanded that all Christians submit to him?

Never heard da guy sing, but a German accent would sure suit those guttural s-s-s's

Fade to UK comic with lisp who came onstage - (The Jonathan Ross Show) - @ a day after da white smoke cleared, following a guy doing papa salute with 1 hand & said, "2 hands, puh-leeeez!"

MrVersatile48 said:
That Darth Vader mask is depriving ya brain of the oxygen needed to think straight

thessalonian said:
Oh..OK...

He was the snake in the Robin Hood cartoon who coiled round Maid Marian, hypnotised her with his strobed eyes & sang,

"Trus-s-s-st in me...

Jus-s-st in me.."

The way popes, cardinals & all other false prophets do

Can you give me one quote from any pope, bishop, or cardinal in which he says the words you have put in his mouth. Thank you.

How often has Papa Ratzi already demanded that all Christians submit to him?

Never heard da guy sing, but a German accent would sure suit those guttural s-s-s's

Fade to UK comic with lisp who came onstage - (The Jonathan Ross Show) - @ a day after da white smoke cleared, following a guy doing papa salute with 1 hand & said, "2 hands, puh-leeeez!"

:-D :-D :-D

Hi Quath,

Quath wrote:

I guess I don't know. All I know about the Pharisees is that they believed in God and tried to help other Jews follow God's laws as best as they could make out. But I don't seem them using physical proof as a means to convert other people to Judiasm.

Even though Christ gave many signs while He walked here, He was still asked for a sign...maybe something in way of God's name in the stars...which by the way, The Heavens Are Telling...beautiful piece of music, and truth from the Word. My point is, with all the signs before them, the Pharisees still wanted a sign. Jesus rebuked them because they did not even truly believe in their own Scriptures, prophets, and teachers. They were basically not sincere, but rather seeking to tempt instead of truly seeking the Truth. I make no conclusions about your own motive by making that point, just clarifying why the signs that Jesus gave them didn't matter, and why they wouldn't matter now. I think it is a good thing to encourage others to follow the laws of God, but that is something that must be done in the spirit, and must be done to glorify God alone. I think the issue at the time was that these particular Pharisees who were constantly trying to discredit Christ, did not believe God, or they would have seen the signs, and recognized Christ as the Messiah.

Matthew 16:1

1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Quath wrote:
Sime signs are. However, what stops God from making one that isn't? For example, God could rearrange the stars to form his name. Or he could make a permament talking burning bush. Or he could ask Jesus to go on talk shows and spread the good word.

Remember that both sides in WWII were saying that God was on their side. Shouldn't God have cleared the air so people would know who they should fight for? There is a serious lack of information coming from God and it just leads to chaos and lost souls. So either God does not care or does not exist.

God has made many permanent signs, but as I showed above, even if He came Himself in the flesh, and performed miracles, some would still not believe. Even when Jesus came and healed sick people, and raised the dead, those were not His biggest miracles, and He constantly slipped away from the crowds, and told people to not tell who healed them...why? It was not the miracles that would ultimately cause men to believe, and provide a sufficient sacrifice. He wanted all to see when He was entering into Jerusalem because here the Son would be lifted up...this was the miracle, and sign, that men needed. The fulfillment of the Scriptures that the Pharisees new so well, but obviously didn't believe. The Spirit is the one who bears witness to this miracle for us in the depths of our soul, where it is a circumcision of the heart.

Consider Nicodemus...

John 3

1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Notice verse 10...Nicodemus needed the Spirit to understand according to Christ. Jesus explains the problem with unbelief here, the solution to it, and the results of those who do believe, and those who do not.

Now the lack of information is because of a lack of the Spirit, and men are governed by evil...the father of evil. War is born out of sin. Those who have the Spirit may ask for discernment in such situations to do what is right, but the rest will be governed by their own opinions rather than the Spirit anyway...even if God provided clear information...which He has in the Bible. I own several Bibles, and the library carries them, and there are many ministries translating still to day to carry it to every nation, but those who do not have the Spirit will not understand anyway.

Quath wrote:
People of every religion say they have mystical experiences. Buddhists see the world through their ancestors. New Agers feel the power of crystals. Christians feel the presece of God and Jesus. It seems to just be another feeling that people think they feel to convince themselves their religion is true.

I think you misunderstood me a bit, but no matter. I do agree that experiences, and emotions, can not be trusted fully. I think there are plenty of signs, and evidence, of God, but the Spiritual faith God has granted me is how I know. We can say that experience isn't fully trustworthy, but we can also say that logic, reason, interpretion of evidence, theorys, tests, etc...are also NOT fully trustworthy. I could have only been convinced in my spirit, by the Spirit, who has taught (or who teaches) me how to interpret the evidence around me with the plumb line of Truth...with a capital T...as in absolute. I will not be able to do this perfectly until I am free from this body, but by God's mercy His children grow in discernment.

Quath wrote:
So lack of evidence proves your belief? Sounds like anything could be justified by that.

I do not fault you for seeing it this way because this is the nature of unbelief, and why I pray for you. I was not , and am not, saying that seeing the spiritual things is a lack of evidence, it's not. We do not stop seeing the physical...which is also chock full of evidence when interpreted correctly by the aid of the Designer Himself. I am saying that we are actually given more evidence. We have a permanent Teacher that guides, and instructs at every moment on top of that evidence...and interpretation is everything. God grants us gifts, or tools, that we are taught to use to help aid us as well, and we learn how to not only see the physical...which is not all there is...but we also learn how to see the spiritual. This is the Truth that sets you free from the mindset of deceptive sin, and opens your eyes to all. When speaking of justification...I have none, but that which is found in Christ's blood. Any justifications that men use are false, because we do not know, are not perfect, and can not ever say in complete Truth...even if we base them on evidence, logic, reason, etc. One last thing, please do not misunderstand me, I am not justifying myself for being a believer...it is not for me to do, as I said. I am sharing with you my testimony to give an answer, and as Dave mentioned in his post, the rest is up to God.

The Lord bless you today.

lovely said:
Even though Christ gave many signs while He walked here, He was still asked for a sign...maybe something in way of God's name in the stars...which by the way, The Heavens Are Telling...beautiful piece of music, and truth from the Word. My point is, with all the signs before them, the Pharisees still wanted a sign.
There were several people walking around with claims of miracles following them. They healed people and all sorts of other stuff. So it is very reasonable that claims of a miracle is not a miracle. Maybe Jesus knew they would not believe him anyway. Maybe Jesus couldn't perform a miracle. However, I understand needing proof. For example, I would like for the people following David Koresh to have asked for miracles instead of blindly following him.

But not all requests for proof were rejected by the Bible. Jesus proves himself by showing himself to people after he died. He lets Thomas actually feel the holes. God shows that he is greater than the god, Ba'al, by lighting fires for foreign priests. God also shows signs to Pharoah and the people.

So some people would not convert with obvious proof, but many people would convert. And if God clarified wich religion best describes him, he would get people acting more consistent with what he wants.

God has made many permanent signs
I just don't see them. It is like pointing to a puddle of water and saying that is proof that Zeus is real and came from the sky and Earth mating. It does not sound logical to me when I can think of simplier explanations for the world around me.

some would still not believe.
How many would believe with positive proof? A billion? Few hundred million? 1? If God could save one person from an eternity of torture with a simple act, why wouldn't he do it?

Notice verse 10...Nicodemus needed the Spirit to understand according to Christ. Jesus explains the problem with unbelief here, the solution to it, and the results of those who do believe, and those who do not.
So it sounds like people go to hell because God decided to give the holy spirit to some and not to others.

War is born out of sin.
I don't get this from the Old Testament. God starts many wars and causes death and destruction when it is not needed. God can't sin, so wars are not sinful.

I own several Bibles, and the library carries them, and there are many ministries translating still to day to carry it to every nation, but those who do not have the Spirit will not understand anyway.
It seems that if God can give the gift of tongues to help spread his word, why doesn't het trandlate the Bible in the same manner so that everyone looking it can understand it in their own language? As it is, people are going to hell all around the world because they have not been given a good bible they can understand.

I do not fault you for seeing it this way because this is the nature of unbelief, and why I pray for you.
It is funny. You pity my unbelief and I pity your belief. I worry that you will be taken advantage of in your belief and be used by people. You worry that I wont get to heaven or find the "truth." It is an odd merry-go-around we debate on.

Hi Quath,

Quath wrote:

It is funny. You pity my unbelief and I pity your belief. I worry that you will be taken advantage of in your belief and be used by people. You worry that I wont get to heaven or find the "truth." It is an odd merry-go-around we debate on.

The odd merry-go-round we debate on...that's a good way to describe it. I was actually going to respond to your post in more detail, until I read your last paragraph. We will always see things from a different perspective, I suppose, and it may end up being the nature of every discussion we have.
Unless you, one day, acknowledge that I am right about every one of them! :-D :-D No, no, I am just teasing. I imagine we would be in agreement on many things, if I were an unbeliever, but I do not want that as much as you do not want to be a believer.

I know the honest answer is that we do pity one another, though I would tweak it on my end, and say that it's compassion, and neighborly love, from someone who would one day like it to be sisterly love. I say that unashamedly, and not because it is my "belief system", but because I truly do have the Love of God in my life, and I do have a desire to share it naturally, and see others know Him. That is why I pray for you, for your wife, and daughters...for others on this board, like peace4all, and Thinkerman...etc. I hope that's not too offensive to you, or them, but it is the truth of it.

In my weakness, I do worry that you won't go to Heaven...along with others here, and those in my daily life. I do sometimes pray, "God, help me find the right words...help me give them a sign, or something!" Sounds a bit like you, huh? This isn't the right attitude, I know that...it's even manipulative really, because the only genuine conversion is not by my power of persuasion, but by the Spirit. I am really not the best, "witness", I guess during these times of desperation. But, when I have the strength of God full in my sprit, I have faith in Him, and am given over to Him, in every area. I can pray His will truly in my heart, and know that it will be done. This is the time when I have the most hope for the unbelievers I know.

As far as my being taken advantage of, or being used by others, I guess that has happened before, but more than not God protects me. I know to you that must seem simple minded, or brainwashed, but it is true that I have been so abundantly blessed in my life that even if every day were filled with such things I would serve Him joyfully. Well, now I am bearing my soul, and sounding more cheesy than I ever hoped to, but this is the truth no matter how it makes me seem in your eyes, or the eyes of others reading here.

Heidi's thread title said that we can not minister to unbelievers, and I disagree with that entirely. I believe that no matter how flawed we are, or how much we disagree, that Love and Truth in us prevails because God prevails...even when it looks to us as if He doesn't in the face of sin in the world, and our own sinful sibling rivalrys. I am not perfect, and my "christian pitch" is far from refined, or eloquent...in fact, it may just plain stink to other believers who have been trained in such things. I can simply offer you the honest truth in me...I pray that you one day find the Truth of God, and I ask you, encourage you, to sincerely search for it.

I know that I am taking the sting out of what could have been a good, get your back up, discussion...or maybe you did that. I don't know. I will put this one to rest for now and fuss at you on another time when you are wrong about something else. :wink: :-D The Lord bless you, and any reading here.

Dave & Lovely have made great posts: L, seeing U R near St Louis, I found myself hearing your words in Joyce Meyer's down to Earth, practical voice

It reminds me of Billy Graham UK training week 'Spr-e '73' (for spiritual re-emphasis)

I went to the daily seminar on cults & other religions: each day, the leader asked that anyone saved out of such backgrounds would testify on Friday

Each & every testimony said that what won them to faith in Christ was the acts of kindness & love shown them by Christians

The main thing that came to mind, catching up here, was that more Bible prophecies are coming true today than even when Jesus came to Earth, because more Bible prophecies are about the imminent 'consummation of all things'

Israel's rebirth & subsequent preservation is the biggest prophesied 'sign of the times'

The EU was also prophesied for this climax generation of history, & just as Daniel 7 foretold, the Treaty of Rome birthed the then-EEC to fanfares of revived Roman Empire, echoed by many EU leaders

It's forecast, 3 times there, to 'crush, devour & trample' victims, 'until the Ancient of Days crushes it' - as He does in Revelation 18

All the techno for the Global Big Brother of Revelation 13: 16-18 was developed in the '70s

& covert surveillance techno, like the techno for Armageddon global thermonuclear holocaust, has mushroomed since

The ecumenical movement has long been forming the Great Whore of Rev 17 that will persecute the true Bride of Christ

All the natural, social & spiritual disasters Jesus prophesied in Matt 24 are indeed multiplying & intensifying like the 'birthpains' He called them - serving to bring on the Great Delivery of Matt 24:30-31, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58, 1 Thess 4:13-5:11 etc

Readers, don't let pride, doubt, sinful desires or anything else make you miss that & be left behind to go thru the Great Tribulation - 'such as has never been before nor will be again'

"God does not take pleasure in the death of anyone, but desires that all come to repentance"

"God commands everyone everywhere to repent & believe the gospel"

Any reader needing fullassurance of salvation, by the sheer grace of God, thru faith in the once-for-all sacrifice of Jesus at Calvary, see John 3, Romans 3, Galatians 2:15-16, Ephesians 2:8-9, etc

Just time to close with the first passage that came to mind: John 1

The Word Became Flesh

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: the Greek for 'has not understood it' also means 'has not overcome it' - John is famous for using Greek terms with 2 meanings & meaning both of them - as in John 3's 'born again' = 'born from above'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' "

16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[e][f]who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

God bless!

Ian

No matter for any reason should one give up wittnessing to the unbelievers. There has always been a common ground when it comes to the lost. Though we might not all agree on the Bible at times, but we all agree that everyone needs Christ. And that He in the only way to Heaven.

Hi Ian,

Mr V. wrote:
L, seeing U R near St Louis, I found myself hearing your words in Joyce Meyer's down to Earth, practical voice

I have a typical St. Louis accent...or midwestern, for the most part. :biggrin I tried to fight it when I was younger, but whenever I am not thinking it just comes out as natural as ever. Just between you and me, I was probably thinking it in the same accent you were hearing it....lol :wink: :-D The Lord bless you.

Atonement said:
but we all agree that everyone needs Christ. And that He in the only way to Heaven.

I wish this were true, but there are many who preach another Jesus on this very board and some who preach universalism as well.

2 Timothy 3:5-7
3:5
having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
3:6
For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
3:7
always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

jgredline
that's very true, after I wrote that I thought the same thing.. Thanks for correcting me. God loves ya

I just read through this thread this morning so my comments aren't to any particular post, just a general observation.

You people who love your doctrines more than the souls of men should try listening to the Spirit you claim is in you. God is love. The Spirit of God is love. By this shall all men know you are my disciples, if you have love one for another. The reason God doesn’t break through the clouds of doubt and despair is because he is testing hearts for the quality of their love, not making sure you comprehend God’s Little Guidebook of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. The mystery is that you don’t see it.

You will be tested but it won’t be on your correct understanding of the godhead, or the substitutionary death of Christ, or the proper use of some passage. It will be on how much of your new creation has been fruitful in Christ. How much of the old greedy, lustful, prideful self you have crucified with Christ and how much you have absorbed the Spirit of love and made it part of you. Born of the Spirit is to be children of Love. This is the true message we need to believe and DO. We tell the gospel with our actions, not just a barrage of words. Love. All the rest is details. God so loved… and if God so loved us, we ought to love one another.

Going to "THE CONFIDENT WOMAN" WITH 20,000 FOLK?

lovely said:
Hi Ian,

Mr V. wrote:
L, seeing U R near St Louis, I found myself hearing your words in Joyce Meyer's down to Earth, practical voice

I have a typical St. Louis accent...or midwestern, for the most part. :biggrin I tried to fight it when I was younger, but whenever I am not thinking it just comes out as natural as ever. Just between you and me, I was probably thinking it in the same accent you were hearing it....lol :wink: :-D The Lord bless you.

i SAW 2 EDITIONS OF HER SERIES ON A FAVE TOPIC, "bE yOURSELF" THIS AM, ON DIFFERENT CHANNELS, JUST 30 MINS APART

Guess that caps lock typo is just a part of being an ex-pro 'claw hammer' -style guitarist, huh? ;-)

Yup: as a mimic, I do dat guy who sings...

Altogether now, 1/2/3...

"I want you..

to logon to...

http://www.JoyceMeyer.org !!"

Click events to book & get that great new book of hers - by the title of that 20,000 women get-together on 21/22 Sept in St Louis!!! 8-)

In the words of the great philosopher Jessica Simpson (as Daisy in The Dukes Of Hazzard)..

Lemme hear a YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :multi:

oh: will my hunch - without first checking up - that this here fits best right here - be right? 8-)

From http://www.arcamax.com

Today's Scripture

Blessed are the peacemakers

Blessed are the peacemakers;
for they shall be called the children of God

Matthew 5:9 KJV

For, the one who desires life, to love and see good days, must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit. He must turn away from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.

1 Peter 3:10,11 NASB

The the counsellors of peace is joy!

Proverbs 12:20 KJV

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!

"May they prosper who love you!
Peace be within your walls,
and security within your towers!"

For my brethren and companions' sake I will say,

"Peace be within you!"

For the sake of the house of the
LORD our God, I will seek your good.

Psalm 122:6-9 RSV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

Read Through the Bible in a Year

September 5: John 11:1-27, 2 Chronicles 10-11, Psalm 75
Click Here for the complete schedule

Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

Weekly Meditation

Walk in the Spirit

For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Galatians 5:13-18 NASB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow: it fits perfect with the last post too! :tongue

God bless, y'all!!!!! :wink:

Ian :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back