Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study They worship me in vain.

And I was, of course, referring to my natural man, my "ancestry" so called. So I am GOY, not Jewish, as I said. Wait, do you even know me? I give you three (3) guesses what nations my closest ancestors are from before they came to America. What nationality or ethnicity am I? Guess, if you can.

No. Never mind that. We used to played guessing games when we were in 1st Grade. Question and guess dare is hereby withdrawn.

But maybe You missed my prompting? We were speaking about ignoring Jesus (from your pill bottle vision) and I suggested that it was our heritage -AND- our inheritance (the Mind of Christ being formed in us) that was at risk if we continue as your vision suggests many will... I didn't mean to confuse you by mentioning that I was not Jewish but thanks for the unneeded correction, right?.

You do remember, right?

Also, you did not quote me correctly because I didn't highlight that statement you quoted
IN RED. You did. So you didn't quote me correctly and I will thank you to not take liberties with my writings (without permission) again.

See? You misquoted me and applied your emphasis to MY WORDS. Shame on you, Doug. That's deliberate mis-quote. It's a liberty that I never specifically gave you, sir. You do not have the right (well, unless I give it to you, that is).

Signed, that bird-brained Legal Eagle, called sparrowHAWKE!
With the name Sparrowhawk, would guess you are Native American

Thank you.

Oh, you're responding to the guessing game? Then, no. Not part of the 'original people' as far as I know. But I've withdrawn the rhetorical question. Answer is, "Mostly mutt". Sparrowhawke is the old word for my IRL surname.

But really? This is Bible Study and I like your topic, so it was not my intention to try to get you off course.

Because that (the mind of Christ, being formed in us) sounds similar to the vision that God gave you about the medicine bottle, left untouched? Maybe? What do you think?

We neglect not only Jesus but our heritage, our very salvation, right? And why? I think I'll be quiet and listen to what you have to say... thanks for the previous reply.

Last edited:
Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man

Could it be the people in the hospital were starving for lack of The Whole
Word?

Over time those fed pre processed food may lack some of the whole grain word.

I Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Lots of room for discussion.

eddif

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man

Could it be the people in the hospital were starving for lack of The Whole
Word?

Over time those fed pre processed food may lack some of the whole grain word.

I Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Lots of room for discussion.

eddif
Hi eddif, It could be discussed, but God already gave the meaning. This would be a good example of how denominations emerged. Each one trying to interpret what God is saying. The Holy Spirit is the interpreter of parables and mysteries, and everything revealed will line up with the Word of God. There are no new revelations, only an awakening to the revelations already revealed in the Scriptures, by The Holy Spirit . There is no other Gospel for the Body of Christ. But there are many gospels to the secular world. (Book of Revelation)(The Epistle to the Galatians). The point is, "seek not thy own understanding".

In Christ
Douglas Summers

There is no other Gospel for the Body of Christ. But there are many gospels to the secular world. (Book of Revelation)(The Epistle to the Galatians)

Jut out of curiosity, why do you separate out specific books and call them gospels to the secular world? You have said here that the Book of Revelation is a gospel to the secular world. How can that be? The Book of Revelation is the revelation of Jesus Christ and the revelation of His Glory. It seems to me it is very much meant for those who would call themselves after His name. And the only unbelievers that these book would be meant for would be to those on your hospital beds who arose to give continual praise to the doctor, but never accepted what was promised to cure them.

Jut out of curiosity, why do you separate out specific books and call them gospels to the secular world? You have said here that the Book of Revelation is a gospel to the secular world. How can that be? The Book of Revelation is the revelation of Jesus Christ and the revelation of His Glory. It seems to me it is very much meant for those who would call themselves after His name. And the only unbelievers that these book would be meant for would be to those on your hospital beds who arose to give continual praise to the doctor, but never accepted what was promised to cure them.

Hi ez, I put the reference of Revelation and Galatians because they show how the secular worlds religions grow right along with The true Gospel. They preach another gospel, that is not the gospel (truth). Christ has shown us before hand what to expect. Not that these Gospel Books were secular, but that they show how the secular world (Babylon, mystery religion) exist.

Back