Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This article

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I saw an article from thetrumpet website about coronavirus and Mark of the beast, (if you search thetrumpet coronavirus mark of the beast you will find it) what do people make of it?

Will coronavirus introduce the mark of the beast? That has become a common question in some circles.
The idea is that, soon, lockdowns around the world will be lifted—but only for those immune to the coronavirus. You will have to be tested to see if you’ve had the disease or be given a vaccine. Once that’s happened, you’ll be issued a certificate, identity card or tattoo. To travel and work freely, you’ll have to show this proof that you’re not infectious. In this way, millions will be tricked into receiving some kind of mark. Could this be the “mark of the beast”?
It’s a critical question. The Bible promises terrible curses for those who receive the mark of the beast. Revelation 14:9-10 warn, “If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation ….” So, what is this mark?
We don’t have to guess. The Bible tells us exactly what the mark is. But we must be willing to look “here a little and there a little,” considering all the relevant scriptures.
Consider the idea that the mark is something brand new—to be unveiled in the near future. Is that true?
Revelation 20:4 describes John seeing in a vision all those who have been killed for Christ. He wrote: “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands ….”
Note, John saw all martyred Christians. Many were killed hundreds of years ago. Yet some of these Christians also refused the mark of the beast in their day. That tells you that the mark is not a new invention. True Christians are not generally being put to death right now, so those who reject this mark are not being executed right now. But ancient Christians who rejected the mark were killed—and it will soon be enforced again.
The Bible also makes clear that this mark revolves around obedience to God and His law. The same passage in Revelation 14 that warns of the dire curses for those who accept the mark, tells us what is different about those that who refuse it. They “keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus” (verse 12). Other scriptures state that the wrath of God falls on those who disobey (Ephesians 5:6; Colossians 3:5-6). Those who reject the mark, and thus are targeted by the beast, are those who “keep the commandments of God” (Revelation 12:17).
This mark revolves directly around the question of whether you will accept or reject God’s commandments.
Does this mean that we should ignore the heavy-handed response to coronavirus? Certainly not.
Coronavirus has led to a massive intrusion into people’s personal lives. Governments are increasingly dictating where people go, where they live, and how they worship. Neighbors are being encouraged to snitch on neighbors. The kind of phone tracking and surveillance systems being discussed and even rolled out are exactly what would be needed to enforce the mark of the beast.
Those worried about this surveillance and increased government powers are right—there is a real danger. But the mark of the beast is not some kind of certificate of immunity.
In fact, many of those warning that coronavirus will lead to the mark of the beast are themselves accepting the mark of the beast right now.
The mark revolves around which day you worship God.
Do you obey God’s command to remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy? For hundreds of years, true Christians have been put to death for keeping Saturday and not Sunday.
It is the test commandment. Who will you obey—the Bible or man? Will you keep the day Jesus Christ kept (Mark 1:15, 38-39; Luke 4:16), the day that the first-century Church kept (Acts 13:14-15, 42-44; 16:12-15; 17:2), or will you follow the churches and governments of today?
That’s a very different view of the mark from the one held by most Christians. The mark of the beast is either ignored completely or described as some kind of secret tattoo or symbol. But you can prove that the mark of the beast revolves around the Sabbath day.
Herbert W. Armstrong proved this thoroughly in his free booklet Who or What Is the Prophetic Beast? Part 2 of the booklet deals with this subject specifically. It’s a short section—barely longer than some Trumpetarticles. I urge you to read it for yourself. The punishments for accepting the mark of the beast are dire. You need to prove exactly what it is for yourself.

Herbert W. Armstrong was a Mormon who claimed himself a prophet in the mold of Joseph Smith and Mary Baker Eddy in which his Radio Church of God, latter known as Worldwide Church of God and Ambassador College he started was all founded on Mormonism that teaches a false gospel separate from the doctrines of Christ.

Many Christians are dying a Martyr's death for their faith and witness of Christ even today in many countries like Africa, India, China just to name a few.

In order to receive the mark of the beast a Christian would have to denounce Christ or die a martyr's death. This does not happen until after the seventh trumpet is sounded and the son of perdition takes his literal seat in Jerusalem, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; Rev 13.

The media has caused this pandemic and what Bill Gates is doing with this chip or whatever has been said of others since the 1970's. No one is dictating where I can go and how and when I choose to worship God and neighbors have always come against neighbors so nothing new there. Phone tracking and surveillance has been around for years. The only danger is those who have no Spiritual truth as they are deceived by the world that instills fear into them.

The sabbath was made for man to rest from all his work on the seventh day as God rested that day, santified it and set it apart from all the other days. The sounding of the seventh trumpet as those who are still alive at that time, whether God's own or the enemies of God will go through 3 1/2 years of the reign of the beast out of the sea who gives power to the beast out of the earth. The beast out of the earth is the son of perdition, false prophet/last antichrist as he takes his literal seat in Jerusalem and with lying signs and wonders will show that he is God. He will promise peace and safety as the whole would will be in total chaos from the first six trumpets of God's fierce wrath. Many will believe he is God and will take the mark of this beast as they bow down and worship him as I believe the mark of this beast is only the thoughts of the mind and the actions of their hands as God has sent them strong delusion to believe a lie.

A mark can mean a visible impression, identifying seal, inscription or label and also the thoughts of the mind and actions of the hand. The mark of the beast is just that which is full of political self governed power that disguises itself as a religious system full of symbolism that is very deceptive to those who have no Spiritual discernment. From its throne will be displayed many signs and wonders that will promise peace and safety during the time of great tribulation as Gods wrath will be poured out during the seven trumpets sounding. Many will take this mark believing it to be a visible sign of God, but with a great falling away from God will be deceived and separated from God forever, Rev 13, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12.

Galatians 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

If all shops will eventually have this (from this news story) won't needing an app to enter a shop to buy food and other essentials be forcing people into having an app or maybe a mark? like from Revelations?

If all shops will eventually have this (from this news story) won't needing an app to enter a shop to buy food and other essentials be forcing people into having an app or maybe a mark? like from Revelations?

IMO I don't think this has anything to do with the mark of the beast as how would they have you denounce Christ before using this app.

Is this not jumping the gun a bit? Well what happen to "worship" the beast and if you don't you die. No one can by pass this and then jump to the mark. If you don't worship it you die. We know no believer written in the lambs book will ever worship the beast :)

Can this covid lead to that? Sure. This could last another day or 30+ more years and still be in line with the word. God does control time and this is about saving the lost. Yet we know the days have been shorten.

I saw an advert on channel 4 for a reality program set in a school and pupils were having a temperature check, which occurs on their forehead, couldn't this be interpreted as a mark? If schools are even doing this now it's not only somebbars cafes restaurants.

I saw an advert on channel 4 for a reality program set in a school and pupils were having a temperature check, which occurs on their forehead, couldn't this be interpreted as a mark? If schools are even doing this now it's not only somebbars cafes restaurants.
No, a temperature check of one's forehead is a quick and easy way to determine if someone has an abnormal temperature, which is a good preliminary check for the COVID-19 virus (and other health problems).

It is beyond my comprehension to relate this to "the mark of the beast".

I believe this Covid has everything to do with the mark of the beast. It is not the mark, but it is satan's tool to prepare people to respond in like fashion when the mark is presented.

In other words getting people used to the mandate. If you don't do this you cannot buy, sell, or trade.

I see Covid as a forerunner of the mark.

Quantrill

Morrisons are cutting pay for unvaccinated staff:-

Back