Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This was my devotional today.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
People can pray to saints or Mary.
This doesn't mean you have to.
The church does not encourage this, but the fact is that it used to.
I've often said that it's trying to change.
What I DO like about it is that persons don't debate all day about what something or other means.
Actually, I can't think of any denomination that I could agree with 100%.
I'm sure I wouldn't be called a heteric for denying the immaculate conception

People can pray to saints or Mary.
This doesn't mean you have to.
The church does not encourage this, but the fact is that it used to.
I've often said that it's trying to change.
What I DO like about it is that persons don't debate all day about what something or other means.
Actually, I can't think of any denomination that I could agree with 100%.
Gonna disagree I can be a mary prayer type but don't dare believe in the reformed five points .I can believe Mary saves and heals and it's a ok?

Gonna disagree I can be a mary prayer type but don't dare believe in the reformed five points .I can believe Mary saves and heals and it's a ok?
Mary doesn't save. The CC absolutely does not teach this.
Heal? Maybe some pray to her for healing...

But praying to Mary does not change the nature of God...He remains the same God.

Calvinism changes the nature of God.
That's not such a good idea.

But praying to Mary does not change the nature of God...He remains the same God.

Says the person who believes Mary is sinless.

Praying to Mary is the sin of Idolatry

You cannot make this stuff up.

Its not .
She would then be able to have full relationship with Jesus ,his death wouldn't phase her as she would not doubt and just believe .Mary was rebuked for doubting with the angel saying
The IC seems to be a correct doctrine to me.
It would make sense that Mary should be born without a sinful nature.

Really so they just let them sin and don't rebuke them.

Look alot of Latinos build these shrines and carry the necklaces and rub them.

So let them.?

But man not having free will is biblical?
Where does the bible state that we do not have free will?
Where does it state you have free will?

Too many verses to list.

If one is dead in their trespasses and sins, how can they choose to be saved?

Just like Lazarus who was dead, the Lord had to call Him out.

I have heard this said multiple times that those who believe in free will do not understand the doctrine of depravity or Hamartiology. If one cannot understand how sinful they are, how can they understand salvation?

You will tell me how I am wrong and the Bible is wrong.

Too many verses to list.

I have heard this said multiple times that those who believe in free will do not understand the doctrine of depravity or Hamartiology. If one cannot understand how sinful they are, how can they understand salvation?

The bible is always right.
So you cannot support your belief that we do not have free will.
Did Adam and Eve have free will?

Too many verses to list.

Every Christian understands depravity.
This is what I mean...calvinists are not the only ones who know about depravity.

What is hamartiology?

The bible is always right.
So you cannot support your belief that we do not have free will.
Did Adam and Eve have free will?
Sure I can.

Adam and Eve had a choice before Adam plunged the world into sin. There is no free will and you have no Bible verses to back up your claims.

Just like you believe Mary is sinless. Flawed.

Insanity debating endlessly trying to change another on a forum .

Yeah I have done it .I can say I have shifted on eschatology and a smidgeon on politics .I was more conservative but have more of a slight libertarian lean then before .

I would find it more profitable in applying what I do know to my life then posting here ad naiseum .

I'm sure in our epitaph it won't read an wondering was changed to reformed by my posts .I'm sure my wife ,her children will put that on my headstone .oh wait .no when my dad died none of this foolishness happened .my reformed pastor preached on the need to be saved,he never met my dad ,he spoke to my mom ,brother and me about dad.he didn't know that my coworker Brian a pentacostal Arminian held Bible studies with my dad ,that an elder of the most freewill type ( pastor is former umc) led my dad to Christ . Both men cried as my dad was laid to rest and rejoiced in his eternal soul salvation .

But carry on with the need to correct on a forum where usernames and avatars are a way of hiding ourselves.all in the name of "fellowship".

There is function on the phone or device ,scrolling .one can use it.

I have .I do read these but I'm not going to endless debate this .the man is thanking God saved him .I see nothing wrong there .
This is a side note but I’m with you on people supposedly here to fellowship who haven’t the courage to choose a real name. We are here for christian fellowship with people who want to be called by an adjective or a thing. The worst are those who’ve decide they are a cut above ordinary names and choose very flattering handles which not even Jesus used. He merely referred to himself as the Son of Man not Great and Glorious over whom the Angels Sing.

FYI: I have always believed in OSAS and have defended it staunchly and repeatedly against very...stiff opposition. I did this, though, not as a Calvinist, but as someone whose soteriological views are a mix of Provisionism and Molinism. I also greatly oppose the notion of "easy believism," or cheap grace, as it is sometimes also called. Again, though, I do as a non-Calvinist.

It's not a good idea to paint with too broad a brush. This is what the racist does, right? He says stuff like, "All black folk are the same; all white folk are the same; all Asian folk are the same." In the same way, casting all Calvinists (or their opponents) in the same mold, tends toward caricatures, distortions of what is actually the case and employs the faulty, over-generalizing thinking of the racist.
I’ve exchanged with Calvinists quite a bit and two patterns emerge. After a time believing Calvinism, one of two kinds of believer develops. I’ve not seen any exceptions for those who ar some years in that theology. Figure out which camp they are in and you know how they’ll respond. It’s quite useful.

Unlike the arminists who ordain women ?
Assembly of God ,church of God ,even Baptist now are ,united Methodist Church and some Nazarenes .anglican and Episcopalians.
Calvary chapel is headed that way too and also Christian missionary alliance .

I guess your right the reformed simply arent mainstream I should leave me church post haste and fall under the female pentacostals,or arminists listed above .

You post quickly in the the reformed posts.

Sorry but you do .

The gate goes both ways.i consider a minor but we'll show me a female pastor in antiquity and elder before John and Charles Wesley .good luck .
This is changing the discussion from theology to how people behave and as such an ad hominem argument. It is as such invalid and also unwise. The list of offenses by Calvin himself pales ordaining women.

Back