Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This was my devotional today.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A church of idolatry ?
No

Lay plants as they do each season towards saint Helens the patron saint name sake .

As a women had to have an abortion the local Catholic that do continualky go there say Jesus loves you ,versus the deacon my church that teaches repent it's murder ! You will be judged over that .they offer the gospel not some half gospel that implies little to nothing on actually needing to change .

The papists ,seriously I'm hardly that way. .

There are several reformed churches I can go to should mine go south .one whose pastor recently died and started the only Bible based aa meetings and houses addicts to pull them out of that.they feed the poor along with my church .that half way house ,asked for help out elders asusted and others in cooking meals .I know that ministry from work .they bought the apts on a route I have and made 10 units for them . They also have services in Spanish and Portuguese and English . Pastor ball was big on reaching the lost .and adducts in particular.

One of the newer pastors I know .he is a former Anglican who well left his church for a sad reason and roger took him in.
Why is it a church of idolatry?
I don't see this going on.

And if someone wants an abortion, or had one, it's right, it is murder. One should repent.
And every church has problems.
At least they agree on everything.
Unfortunately for me, though, I don't agree with all their doctrine.

John McArthur has given sermons on how his congregation is to be thoughtful of those that are not chosen by God to be saved and how they are not to be superior in attitude.

If he does this, it means that it's necessary.

As to the Doctrine of Grace.
Where does the bible speak about the Doctrine of Grace?
And what grace would that be?
The God of calvinism seems to be devoid of grace.
A God of grace has love for all His creation, not only for those that He wishes to save for some reason that we're not even aware of because it's a mystery.

God doesn't need your glory.
God needs you to understand how He is. His nature.
You really think God created us to show off His glory?
That's sick.

What kind of a weak God do you serve anyway?
He's afraid to give His creation free will.
He needs to be glorified by them.
He needs to choose who will be saved because He maybe fears that no one will really choose Him out of love.

He's a weak God indeed.
A sovereign God is not afraid to dispense free will.
A sovereign God wants real love from His people...not forced love.
wondering
You truly do not get it. I am not the only one to tell you this.

Grace and peace to you.

Here's what I posted that you believe is false:

The other reason is this reformed, or calvinist, belief system.
The reason I don't like it is because it changes the nature of God in every way.
Also, it makes persons not seek God because they believe God will somehow find them.

What is false?
1. You've changed God from a loving, merciful and just God to a God that
has no love, no mercy and no justice for His creation.

Please explain how God, under the calvinist paradigm, is LOVING, MERCIFUL AND JUST.

2. If you're a calvinist, you believe God chooses who will be saved.
Why would anyone seek God when you tell them they're so depraved they are unable to seek God UNLESS He pulls them up to Him, AT HIS WHIM.

How could you tell me what I believe is false?
They above are both true.
Maybe you don't understand calvinism???

Here's the other part of my post you do not find to be true:

Calvinists are very sneaky in how they speak of their beliefs.
They try to sound mainline, when, in reality, they aren't.
I find this to be very dishonest.

My goodness man, you're doing it right now!
Your stating my post is wrong when you should know very well, being an admitted calvinist, that everything I've posted is 100% correct.

Do I need to post some stuff?
Do you want it from John Calvin's Institutes or from Confession that you follow?
I know the Westminster Confession of Faith.
And why would I even NEED to post calvinist beliefs?
Don't YOU know what they are?
Please.

You could not even post in the election thread like you said you would and then changed your ,ind. Why should I waste time and energy answering your questions just to shoot it down with your own beliefs.

I do not believe you are being very genuine. You call those of the Reformed faith heretics.

Most people outside of your Catholicism do not believe that.

Most people go along with the many, most people do not search the Scriptures, most people who claim to be saved are not.

Grace and peace to you.

Yes, I get it.
And I don't like it.

Apparently you can't even support what you claim to believe in.

You are one of a few woman here that argue everything, do you see that?

You are arguing now jasonc because he called you out.

You do not understand, you are one of those who claim to know it all but are lost.

You fight with all of those who do not agree with you.

Do you not see this?

You are one of a few woman here that argue everything, do you see that?

You are arguing now jasonc because he called you out.

You do not understand, you are one of those who claim to know it all but are lost.

You fight with all of those who do not agree with you.

Do you not see this?
This is too funny.
jasonc and I have known each other 8 years.
You just got here.
Stop with the personal stuff which is against the TOS rules and try to stick to the subject at hand.

Why is it a church of idolatry?
I don't see this going on.

And if someone wants an abortion, or had one, it's right, it is murder. One should repent.
And every church has problems.
At least they agree on everything.
Unfortunately for me, though, I don't agree with all their doctrine.
We'll start with prayers to the saint .
Subset Mary ,

Am I responsible for the death of Jesus ?

No .my own sins,since I wasn't born then and let alone why must I ask Mary to forgive me?

That and the chasing if the apparations for a blessing .

And so on

I see them .the Grenada route has one .I will photo it .
Yes there was one here in Ohio, I cannot remember the name. My mom used to take us there, it was outdoors and we had to do the stations of the cross. I believe that is what it was called.

Perhaps I am thinking of something else.

We'll start with prayers to the saint .
Subset Mary ,

Am I responsible for the death of Jesus ?

No .my own sins,since I wasn't born then and let alone why must I ask Mary to forgive me?

That and the chasing if the apparations for a blessing .

And so on
Well, the CC doesn't teach the above.
Sometimes I don't know where persons get these ideas.

Yes there was one here in Ohio, I cannot remember the name. My mom used to take us there, it was outdoors and we had to do the stations of the cross. I believe that is what it was called.

Perhaps I am thinking of something else.
Florida has a large one near the bok tower that has that and a knee bench for Mary at one time

Florida has a large one near the bok tower that has that and a knee bench for Mary at one time
Yes the one in Ohio does as well/ Even as a child I thought that it was wrong. Growing up in the Catholic church and school, I always sensed something was amiss.

The Lord opened my eyes when He saved me and I studied His word.

I know a few Catholics who said I need to come back to the mother church and that I should not take the Bible literally and believe everything in it.

Yes it's in prayers .

I posted that a bit ago in the maryolgy thread .

From a Catholic web page .

Se
People can pray to saints or Mary.
This doesn't mean you have to.
The church does not encourage this, but the fact is that it used to.
I've often said that it's trying to change.
What I DO like about it is that persons don't debate all day about what something or other means.
Actually, I can't think of any denomination that I could agree with 100%.

Back