Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

This world belongs to us

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
D

deep'n'dark

This world belongs to us, otherwise we would not been born here. May this wisdom be strong in our hearts!

This world belongs to us, otherwise we would not been born here. May this wisdom be strong in our hearts!

That view is contradicted by Psalm 24:1 (NIV): 'The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it'.

How then can the world belong to us when God has declared it is the LORD's?

Oz

That view is contradicted by Psalm 24:1 (NIV): 'The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it'.

Oz

Who were there when God said that?

Oz

I am hoping there is hope for you since you claimed to take the Word seriously. If that is the case, then all the scriptures must come together.

A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
(Psa 24:1)
For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
(Psa 24:2)

Psa 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

So, God made all things, and the Earth is technically His as He is going to melt this planet without asking anyone's permission.

However, the Earth is not in his control right now as He gave it to men. It's like a landlord, Tenant thing. God is not even god of this World, someone else controls it thanks to men not exercising their position and caring for what the Lord gave them.

That will all change soon enough, but for now as believers we have the right to claim back what is our fathers, as the earth was never made to be in subjection to the wicked.

Mike.

I don't have Bible - I yet would need to get one. Anyway, why doesn't Bible include an interview of curious people willing to know God betterly?

You need to have a relationship with him to be able to understand him, are you in a place where you can get a bible?

tob

Who were there when God said that?

The Psalms were written for the people of God. It matters not who were there when God said that. The fact is: 'The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein' (Psalm 24:1 ESV). The universe (including the earth) does not belong to anyone else but God. It is people who ruin it.

In a post above, you stated that you don't have a Bible. I see that you live in Finland. I have Finnish friends here in Australia and they have access to a Finnish Bible. You can read a 1938 edition of the Finnish Bible HERE.

I look forward to further interaction with you.

Oz

I am hoping there is hope for you since you claimed to take the Word seriously. If that is the case, then all the scriptures must come together.

A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
(Psa 24:1)
For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
(Psa 24:2)

Psa 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

So, God made all things, and the Earth is technically His as He is going to melt this planet without asking anyone's permission.

However, the Earth is not in his control right now as He gave it to men. It's like a landlord, Tenant thing. God is not even god of this World, someone else controls it thanks to men not exercising their position and caring for what the Lord gave them.

That will all change soon enough, but for now as believers we have the right to claim back what is our fathers, as the earth was never made to be in subjection to the wicked.

Mike.

Brother Mike,

Of course God has allowed people to do their own wicked things but that does not mean He is not in control. In fact, Ephesians 1:20-22 (ESV) refutes your view that 'the Earth is not in his [God's] control right now as He gave it to me. These verses state:

20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church'.

When Jesus was raised from the deal 'he put all things under his feet'. Did you get it? ALL things! That includes this earth and all the people do. He is in ultimate control. All things are under his feet.

Are you a supporter of Open Theism?

Oz

We are strangers and pilgrims in this world, nomads without a country, and the rulers of this world are princes and principalities in high places. I do not feel at home here. I don't lay claim to any of it. Freely I have received from God, and freely it may be all taken away.

We are strangers and pilgrims in this world, nomads without a country, and the rulers of this world are princes and principalities in high places. I do not feel at home here. I don't lay claim to any of it. Freely I have received from God, and freely it may be all taken away.
That's quite honorable of you Blake.

Blake,

I agree that we are strangers in this world, but the point we are discussing is who is in control of this world. Do you believe the content of Isaiah 46:8-11 (ESV)?

Oz

Brother Mike,

Of course God has allowed people to do their own wicked things but that does not mean He is not in control. In fact, Ephesians 1:20-22 (ESV) refutes your view that 'the Earth is not in his [God's] control right now as He gave it to me. These verses state:

Are you a supporter of Open Theism?

Oz

No, God is not in control. If God where in control things would look like they will when Jesus returns. You keep using the word Refute, but Satan is the god of this Word, He is in control of the Worlds systems and governments, not our Father. Satan gets that control through men who God gave the earth to us.

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
(Eph 1:19-21)

This scripture does not refute that. We sit in heavenly with Christ Jesus, who is also far above principality and all power. Unless we the body exercise our dominion, then nothing gets done about wickedness or the devil. Since we have a flesh body, we have the right to operate under the authority of Jesus, and His Anointing, which the Anti-Christ denies that the Anointing is in Flesh, or Christ came in the flesh.

I am trying to be patient with you, I'll see how that works out.

Mike.

That is the revelation I am trying to get ahold of Blake. Limbs will regrow, and things we have not yet seen will take place besides laying hands on the sick and healing cancer.

We are not from here, we are seated with the Lord Jesus, and in His power and authority given to him, He gave all things He has to us. Knowing that though is only mental asset, and God will make it real to me, and make me able to explain it in a way to others that we can operate outside of the elements that bind us in this World.

Blake, Brother you are spot on.
John 15: 18-19
18 “If the world hates you, [a]you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

The fruits of this world
Fade away
They cause
Hurt and pain
Rot and Decay
The end is misery
I rejoice in the Joy of the Lord
Your joy is everlasting
All I need I find in You
Thank you for loving me
Thank you for letting me see

You!