Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Those who don't pay their tithes shall end up in hell

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Donations and gifts is fine, but preaching a complusary tithe is just the biggest scam in the history of mankind or a Pastor who should not be a Pastor because they don't know scripture.

Last edited:
What's the difference between the Govn and a tithe preacher?

Nothing, they both command payment or suffer the consequences why they live in luxury.

I just made that joke up.

If you don't pay your going to prison or if you don't pay your going to hell.

Last edited:
The biblical tithe is only the increase. It never said income it said increase and you payed your debts.

For example, if someone is in debt and recieves there weekly wage there is no increase as there still in debt. If you owe a 10000 debt and you get 500 a week your not in credit nor have a increase. If your debt free and receive a income then what you get is a increase.

Debts must be payed and a tithe was payed in food and goods and only money if it was too far to travel.

I believe only the rich payed tithe and anyone debt and mortgage free.

One year after a farmer payed his workers and farming costs he was left with10 pounds of barley so 1 pound is tithe. The next year he got increase 20 pounds so payed 2 pounds. The next year back to 10 pounds so he payed 1 pound tithe and so on.

Increase is when someone is debt free.

Last edited:
Christians shouldn't pay tithes, right?
How about the ten commandments? Plus other ten command stuff, and particularly those not mentioned in the NT but practised today?

The tithe is part of the Law of Moses.
If you're a Jew, it's for you.

Deu 14:22-29 (RSV) The Law of the Tithe

You shall tithe all the yield of your seed, which comes forth from the field year by year. And before the LORD your God, in the place which he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstlings of your herd and flock; that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

And if the way is too long for you, so that you are not able to bring the tithe, when the LORD your God blesses you, because the place is too far from you, which the LORD your God chooses, to set his name there, then you shall turn it into money, and bind up the money in your hand, and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses, and spend the money for whatever you desire, oxen, or sheep, or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves; and you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household. And you shall not forsake the Levite who is within your towns, for he has no portion or inheritance with you.

At the end of every three years you shall bring forth all the tithe of your produce in the same year, and lay it up within your towns; and the Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance with you, and the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, who are within your towns, shall come and eat and be filled; that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands that you do.

I have never heard a preacher preach that and I don't know anyone who does that.

Oh, yeah, and there's no such thing as a "New Testament Tithe."

iakov the fool

Well if you pay tithe then I guess you hold the full law of Moses as you can't be half pie and just pick out the tithe. The law of Moses is a ball and chain.

It must be impossible to pay a tithe to the storehouse when there is no storehouse because the romans demolished it.

Changing the tithe storehouse is one thing, but not even giving the crumbs to the poor and widows what kind of biblical tithe is that. The poor people and widows in church are entitled to there share of the tithe, but I doubt the tithe church will be freely giving back to there own .

If a poor widow went to a tithe church and said she's struggling to feed a child they would not give her the entiltement of the tithe, they would say something like 'pray to god about it' and then command she pay or boot her out the church.

Last edited:
Remember when Jesus said that a woman that gave her two coins gave more than those that gave of all when they gave of the church. Their own "regular" tithes?! As she gave her everything to Him? In the Bible?! As she loved Jesus so much to give up everything for Him.

I go to church and am glad to have a service to worship and learn. If giving to the church isn't a tithe, I still think it's a good thing to do. In the same way that God made the Levites His priests and the rest of Israel gave them their share, I think it is right to give in church to a church I feel worth going to regularly. The tithe I give I try to make it about 10% of my income, but if that's not required by the laws or teachings in either old or new Testiment, then I'm glad I can still give that much, and that much makes it easy to take into account.

Tithe or not, I think it's good to support a church you are fed spiritually at. But that's me. Giving to the poor, the needy, the sick, the widow, and generously to any who ask, that's sill part of what Jesus taught, as well as most (if not all) in the Old Testament too. I know some churches do this, but that doesn't fulfill me and my hope to follow God and do this as well. It does however help I think, because for the most part I don't know who is suffering and in special need. So it's good to know that you apart of a church that tries to help the community.

Remember when Jesus said that a woman that gave her two coins gave more than those that gave of all when they gave of the church. Their own "regular" tithes?! As she gave her everything to Him? In the Bible?! As she loved Jesus so much to give up everything for Him.

It was not the amount, it was the fact she gave from the heart why everyone else was bound in a ball and chain knowing and complaining they had to give a compulsory 10% tithe.

If a pastor preaches there church should give 10%, or, compulsory 10%, they are placing them in a ball and chain so people think 'oh I must give at least this much each week', its a trap and placing them in bondage not allowing them to freely give from the heart.

How can you freely and willingly give when you know something is expected?.

Freely give, freely receive.

Last edited:
Givers give, singers sing, stingy people point out the wickedness of others.

Sure people sin. They don't do things right. But somebody else's sin should not change how God made my heart brand new. Wise as serpents but gentle as doves.

Paul in Galatians 2:19 did not say the law was dead; he said he was dead to the law. In other words the law had no authority over him because he was under grace and law and grace cannot mix, Galatians 2:21. The law is not dead as some teach. You can live under the Law if you choose, but Galatians 3:10-13 states the law is very much alive, so alive that it carries a curse with it if violated trying to live by it.

Paul never taught tithing, in truth he taught against it. Tithing is not for the born-again believer today. Tithing was incorporated into the law given to Moses, Leviticus 27:26-34. The same law where circumcision was incorporated into, Lev. 12:1-8. We do not circumcise or sacrifice animals according to the law, so why do we tithe. Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes. Galatians 3:10-13 for as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse and man is not justified by the law in the sight of God, but Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law.

When you tithe, if you do not tithe correctly according to the law you will be cursed with a curse, Malachi 3:8, 9. If you tithe correctly you will get blessings poured out upon you, Malachi 3:10. The blessings are not just all about money for there are many different types of blessings. In truth, if you tithe correctly the blessings of God would be overflowing in your life. Some of you, like myself, have been tithing and tithing and nothing has changed in your life. If the way tithing has been taught by man than all the ministries that have been teaching tithing for years should have so much money they would not have enough room to store it all and the banks would be overflowing with all the money you should be receiving by the way man has taught us for years.

BTW, tithing was never monetary (money), but 10% of everything you owned.

The biblical tithe is only the increase. It never said income it said increase and you payed your debts.

For example, if someone is in debt and recieves there weekly wage there is no increase as there still in debt. If you owe a 10000 debt and you get 500 a week your not in credit nor have a increase. If your debt free and receive a income then what you get is a increase.

Debts must be payed and a tithe was payed in food and goods and only money if it was too far to travel.

I believe only the rich payed tithe and anyone debt and mortgage free.

One year after a farmer payed his workers and farming costs he was left with10 pounds of barley so 1 pound is tithe. The next year he got increase 20 pounds so payed 2 pounds. The next year back to 10 pounds so he payed 1 pound tithe and so on.

Increase is when someone is debt free.
As many in today's society already do, I could easily eliminate my increase by borrowing money until I'm living on credit. Such as, buying all those expensive toys that I don't really need, building/buying far more house than I truly need, spending on more lavish automobiles, furniture, clothing, etc. than I truly need, and so on.

Being in debt in many if not most cases does not translate into being in need.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back