Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Topic #2: Was Satan "a liar from the beginning"?

Perhaps I'm confused. I've not studied the difference between various entities mentioned in the Bible sufficiently to state categorically.

Was "Satan" and "Lucifer" the same? Was that angel "created evil" or did he fall? Seems to me that if he did indeed "Fall" then the words questioned in the topic, "from the beginning" would refer to the genesis account where the origins of his interaction with man started.

:chin That beginning.

Yep. Satan fell before God created man. 'That beginning' is correct.

And that is one of the more astute observations I've seen on these boards fwiw.

Thanks for the comment.

And FWIW, I often wonder if people actually look at what they believe and not see why I can say that. The deep seaded conviction that can't see how it is possible that there could be something wrong there.

I won't say anything further about this topic because the conclusion is evident, and it always means more to discover things on your own.

Thanks for the comment.

And FWIW, I often wonder if people actually look at what they believe and not see why I can say that. The deep seaded conviction that can't see how it is possible that there could be something wrong there.

I won't say anything further about this topic because the conclusion is evident, and it always means more to discover things on your own.

Yeah but, I think you were referring to the Bible whereas smaller was talking about the writings of men.

But if God created Satan evil, why does he throw him into the lake of fire? What's Satan done to deserve that if he had no choice about whether to be good or evil?

But if God created Satan evil, why does he throw him into the lake of fire? What's Satan done to deserve that if he had no choice about whether to be good or evil?

I think this point was made that there is the force, (if you like), of good and evil full stop. Satan is evil and needs to be overcome. It's kind of irrelevant that he was created more that he exists - and God needs to destroy him for the greater good ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the point that was already made is that there is the force, (if you like), of good and evil full stop. Satan is evil and needs to be overcome. It's kind of irrelevant that he was created more that he exists - and God needs to destroy him for the greater good ...

[Emphasis added by me]

Well, he is SEVERAL thousand years too late.

Angels aren't robots. They also have a choice. Satan chose poorly.

Thanks for the comment.

I have come to the conclusion that the workings of the 'confuser' is very real, and THIS is depicted quite clearly in the text itself.

It is an 'inner' working and an operation that is not of the MAN.

When you see all these things happening 'within' believers you may see the real 'operator behind the scenes' of confusion and the compelling desires to avoid looking within is a force that 'men' can not stop from participating in.

Once it is seen however in HONESTY, the confusion in the text is understood, pinpointed, and the entirety of the document opens up in WHOLE NEW WAYS that are very personal and comforting within.

In essence it is our construction manual from above and advises us 'how' we really do operate.

Quite fun and a source of endless joy for me, 'personally.'

I think you may even see some of what I see as well, and that too is comforting.

enjoy!

smaller

Satan is a temporal power of evil that God made and 'tolerates' presently.

When God is finished using that working and the anti-spiritual entities that convey those matters, God will take great pleasure in setting ALL of those entities in the Lake of Fire. They will in effect be 'turned off.' Nothing more than forms of evil robots.

If one studies their operations and speakings in the text, they are quite predictible.

enjoy!

smaller

Angels aren't robots. They also have a choice. Satan chose poorly.

Satan can NOT choose 'truth.' There is no truth 'in him' to make truthful decisions.

Satan was made to resist The Holy Spirit and all of Gods Words and that spirit IN MAN hates all of us.

When Jesus said we will be hated by ALL MEN, He was speaking directly to the operations of SATAN and DEVILS in ALL mankind.

When Jesus said the WORLD will hate us he was again speaking of that entire entity class that delievers HATE.

s

I think you may even see some of what I see as well, and that too is comforting.

I wouldn't take too much comfort that others may see as you do smallville. I can't see too many believers suddenly deciding that they have antichrist, satan and darkness dwelling in their hearts.

I wouldn't take too much comfort that others may see as you do smallville. I can't see too many believers suddenly deciding that they have antichrist, satan and darkness dwelling in their hearts.

There are some simple truths of the Word that I accept personally.

I have sin.

Sin is OF THE DEVIL.

I do not ENJOY being 'captured' by that working.

IF you do not accept that as A SOLID FACT what do you expect me to say about it? It IS WRITTEN. Most CAN'T believe it as a fact for themselves.

That too is A WORKING OF SATAN in them by not being able to FESS UP to the fact.

enjoy

s

There are some simple truths of the Word that I accept personally.

I have sin.

Sin is OF THE DEVIL.

I do not ENJOY being 'captured' by that working.

IF you do not accept that as A SOLID FACT what do you expect me to say about it? It IS WRITTEN. Most CAN'T believe it as a fact for themselves.

That too is A WORKING OF SATAN in them by not being able to FESS UP to the fact.

enjoy

s

LOLZ.

Stock smaller response.

Are there any on these boards that dont 'fess up' to the fact? I'd like to debate them.

Satan can NOT choose 'truth.' There is no truth 'in him' to make truthful decisions.

Satan was made to resist The Holy Spirit and all of Gods Words and that spirit IN MAN hates all of us.

When Jesus said we will be hated by ALL MEN, He was speaking directly to the operations of SATAN and DEVILS in ALL mankind.

When Jesus said the WORLD will hate us he was again speaking of that entire entity class that delievers HATE.

s

According to what we glean from the word of God, Satan was once an archangel of the angelic host. Once pride got hold of him, he sinned and continues to do so. There is no repentance for him.

Now Satan is the embodiment of all evil.

According to what we glean from the word of God, Satan was once an archangel of the angelic host. Once pride got hold of him, he sinned and continues to do so. There is no repentance for him.

Can you post these scriptures?

And, does that mean that Satan WASN'T "a liar from the beginning"?

Satan is presented NOWHERE in the scriptures to have 'once been a holy angel,' period. That is a common christian fairy tale made up largely by 'freewiller' doctrines.

Satan undoubtedly is AN ANGEL, meaning MESSENGER.

An EVIL messenger.

When BELIEVERS have 'EVIL/TEMPTATION' thoughts, they should KNOW where they come from. It's NOT from their OWN WILL, but from the WILL of the TEMPTER.

enjoy!

s

LOLZ.

Stock smaller response.

Are there any on these boards that dont 'fess up' to the fact? I'd like to debate them.

Facts have no need of debate.

Another fact is that the PRIDE of SATAN in man will NOT allow his slaves to 'fess up' with HONESTY.

There would be no such HONESTY in such debates in ANYONE who cannot connect THEIR SIN to THE DEVIL.

That connection is already HARD WIRED into the text and can not be changed..

IT IS WRITTEN.

s

Facts have no need of debate.

Another fact is that the PRIDE of SATAN in man will NOT allow his slaves to 'fess up' with HONESTY.

There would be no such HONESTY in such debates in ANYONE who cannot connect THEIR SIN to THE DEVIL.

That connection is already HARD WIRED into the text and can not be changed..

IT IS WRITTEN.

s

Well.....if you ever spot anyone on the forums either saying they don't sin or that sin is NOT of the devil then tell me yeah......I'd like to have a word.

....havn't heard a single member claiming such things myself so,,,,,

Well.....if you ever spot anyone on the forums either saying they don't sin or that sin is NOT of the devil then tell me yeah......I'd like to have a word.

....havn't heard a single member claiming such things myself so,,,,,

The 'fact' does tend to 'change' the way one reads the Word.

You might even consider in the light of that fact THAT EVERY DAMNATION word can be applicable UPON BELIEVERS because of that 'presence.'

I have a reason to FEAR GOD...knowing that He DOES work adversely with the workings of the DEVIL in ME.

dig?

s

Back