Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Toys of old

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
Some old toys are still around today.

1. The yo-yo.
The yo-yo has a history of being simply great!
Why?
It will keep the kids busy forever without getting into trouble.
Yeah, right!
I use to get thrown out of school because I wouldn't stop bringing my yo-yos with me and playing with them all day long.

2. The hula hoop.
What a masterful toy.
A round circle, done, presto!
Instant fun.
Watch yourself make a fool of yourself trying to use it right and just laugh and laugh and laugh.

3. The slinky.
The slinky goes off and keeps tossing itself over, especially on a hill or on stairs.
Play with that slinky in your hands and think your doing something of importance.

4. The pogo stick.
This was the best of them all.
Show everyone how good you can use the pogo stick, fall off of it, and break your neck.
Great toy!

Can anyone think of any others?

- stilts
- skip ropes
- rubik cubes (still have two if them here, both are in a disordered state)
- Lego

wagon
bike
ball just about any ball
@ 3 cents a bottle seems it took a million soda bottles to get enough $$ for a baseball... they do so well when ya have to use tape to keep them together :shrug

I don't know if they make it any more, but one of toys I liked when I was a kid was the Mattel ThingMaker.

The TOG​

lawn darts? the dangerous kind or the "safe kind" I used to have a dent in my skull from the blunt version. I got hit when I was a kid, I still remember that day.

childhood-memories-death-is-a-lawn-.jpg

they first made them just like the throwing darts and kids died and blunted them later. I was hit by the blunted one

I have a booklet on how to solve the Rubik's cube, but I still can't solve the flipping thing.
Theoretically I know how to solve them. Practically I'm too lazy. lol

It's not very hard, once you understood the basic principle you can solve every cube. You would be the star on every party. :lol

Pretty sure more people are killed by blunt objects than through impalement on a toy spear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawn_darts

Lawn darts had been banned from being sold in the United States for many years. The ban was challenged in court in the late 1970s, prompting the Consumer Product Safety Commission to make a compromise ruling allowing their sale provided they were not marketed as toys. However, in April 1987, seven-year-old Michelle Snow was killed by a lawn dart thrown by one of her brothers' playmates in the backyard of their home in Riverside, California. The darts had been hidden in the storage room. Michelle's father, David, began a crusade to get lawn darts banned, claiming that there was no way to keep children from getting their hands on lawn darts short of a full ban.[1]

Due in part to Snow's lobbying, on December 19, 1988, the CPSC reinstated the outright ban on lawn darts.[2] In the previous eight years, 6,100 people had been sent to the emergency room due to lawn darts. Out of that total, 81 percent were 15 or younger, and half of them were 10 or younger. On the week the commission voted to ban the product, an 11-year-old girl in Tennessee was hit by a lawn dart and sent into a coma.[1]

Shortly after, in 1989, they were also banned in Canada.[3] Since then, alternatives have surfaced that are available for sale in Canada that are made of plastic.

Jarts with plastic tips for sale at Canadian Tire.
It is possible to import parts of a lawn dart - plastic flights, metal bodies, and steel spigots - as well as a complete set of replacement parts to repair damaged lawn darts, into the US and Canada. However, fully assembled individual darts, sets, and kits are banned from entry by US and Canada customs

only a few listed but its two.

Theoretically I know how to solve them. Practically I'm too lazy. lol

It's not very hard, once you understood the basic principle you can solve every cube. You would be the star on every party. :lol

I figured it out pretty quick. All you need is a small screwdriver or something similar to pry it apart and then put it correctly back together.

The TOG​

wagon
bike
ball just about any ball
@ 3 cents a bottle seems it took a million soda bottles to get enough $$ for a baseball... they do so well when ya have to use tape to keep them together :shrug
That comes to $20,000.00.
That's California for ya.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back