Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tribulation...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

warhorse

Since most versions of the end times hinge on several key events, i want to start a discussion on one of them at a more basic leval. Who is the focus of the tribulation as described by Jesus in Math 24, Mark 13, and luke 21?

Since most versions of the end times hinge on several key events, i want to start a discussion on one of them at a more basic leval. Who is the focus of the tribulation as described by Jesus in Math 24, Mark 13, and luke 21?

Nothing personal meant, but this is the way that 'i' see the very ending coming to surface, and YES, there are still some very few as seen in John 10:16 & Rev. 18:4!

Life is going to be to short from here on, Isa. 5:4 for 'most'! What more could Christ do for you'ins, HE ASKS?? BLESSED! FULL GRACE! TENDER MERCIES + ALL EALSE! And to what avail?? (Eccl. 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15)

There is only one more last resort thing He tel's us from verse 4 on of Isa. 5, + Matt. 24:21 on + Jude 1:22-23, YET, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT [It is the only thing left for Him to do IN HIS LOVE], the ones of the above are as Rev. 17:1-5 + Matt. 7 Broadway 'BUNCH' who mostly are past/tense & the only ones left are the ones who are sincere, yet, in blind ignorance because of today's stuff! Matt. 23:14.

These ones are the only ones that can still be moved by the Holy Spirit's STRIVING during theses [LAST DAYS] as the majority. (see Gen. 6:3)
SURELY NOT YOU ONES WITH YOU FEET COMPLETELY AGAINST [LOVING CHRIST!] John 15:10 And we will 'see' just what you are made of in the next several months, as will the whole earth!!
Hole.gif

--Elijah

Nothing personal meant, but this is the way that 'i' see the very ending coming to surface, and YES, there are still some very few as seen in John 10:16 & Rev. 18:4!

Life is going to be to short from here on, Isa. 5:4 for 'most'! What more could Christ do for you'ins, HE ASKS?? BLESSED! FULL GRACE! TENDER MERCIES + ALL EALSE! And to what avail?? (Eccl. 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15)

There is only one more last resort thing He tel's us from verse 4 on of Isa. 5, + Matt. 24:21 on + Jude 1:22-23, YET, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT [It is the only thing left for Him to do IN HIS LOVE], the ones of the above are as Rev. 17:1-5 + Matt. 7 Broadway 'BUNCH' who mostly are past/tense & the only ones left are the ones who are sincere, yet, in blind ignorance because of today's stuff! Matt. 23:14.

These ones are the only ones that can still be moved by the Holy Spirit's STRIVING during theses [LAST DAYS] as the majority. (see Gen. 6:3)
SURELY NOT YOU ONES WITH YOU FEET COMPLETELY AGAINST [LOVING CHRIST!] John 15:10 And we will 'see' just what you are made of in the next several months, as will the whole earth!!
Hole.gif

--Elijah

As i see it the tribulation itself can be broken down into four stages. The beggining of sorrows, the days of vengance, the times of the gentiles, and the end. The Beggining of sorrows (war famine, pestalance) are also represented in the first 4 seals of Rev 7. They culminated in the Days of vengance (70 ad) and continue with the times of the Gentils (the 5th seal) persecution of the saints. Then comes the end, with the day of the lord (6th seal) Events of the heavens. and Gods wrath (7th seal). Thus the focus of the tribulation changes throughout the end times

As i see it the tribulation itself can be broken down into four stages. The beggining of sorrows, the days of vengance, the times of the gentiles, and the end. The Beggining of sorrows (war famine, pestalance) are also represented in the first 4 seals of Rev 7. They culminated in the Days of vengance (70 ad) and continue with the times of the Gentils (the 5th seal) persecution of the saints. Then comes the end, with the day of the lord (6th seal) Events of the heavens. and Gods wrath (7th seal). Thus the focus of the tribulation changes throughout the end times
Do you think there will be another "days of vengance"for the Jews just before the actual return of Christ?

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

You at a ball game 9th enning your team is down by 4 last batter popped up, out! you say this game is lost do ya mean one 2000+ years from when you said THIS

You tell your kid mow this lawn! What lawn are ya talking about?

We talk about kids of today we say this generation is going to the dogs...

Man has worked very hard to complacate the Scripture

Do you think there will be another "days of vengance"for the Jews just before the actual return of Christ?

Surely! The SPIRITUAL Rev. 17:1-5 ones. Eze. 9 is the Verification of this last REPEAT. (Eccl. 1:9-10 + Eccl. 3:15) Even see verse 23 of Matt.10 where Christ was there speaking finding the repeat documented. (cities are the New Spiritual Land of earth)

--Elijah

I do! since I'm a pre trib believer I see it completely different than most here seems like..
The tribulation is for the Salvation of the Jewish Nation.. Its not for us Christians our sins where paid for and judged the moment we accepted Christ as our Savior. The 70 week of Daniel, Jacobs trouble, Who is Jacob? It is the Jews that have to cry out for their Messiah in order for Jesus to come back, not us Christians. I also believe the restrainer is the Holy Spirit living in all Christians. Once the restrainer is removed, where does that leave us Christians... Gone.. raptured...Jesus says we do not know the day or the hour of his return..As of now we are not in the 70 week or Jacob's trouble.
leaving for vacation today.. I know by the time I get back this thread will mostly likely be done. Sorry for lack of scriptures, but be truthful all of us use the same scriptures its our interpentation that is only the differences... have fun..:biggrin

I do! since I'm a pre trib believer I see it completely different than most here seems like..
The tribulation is for the Salvation of the Jewish Nation.. Its not for us Christians our sins where paid for and judged the moment we accepted Christ as our Savior. The 70 week of Daniel, Jacobs trouble, Who is Jacob? It is the Jews that have to cry out for their Messiah in order for Jesus to come back, not us Christians. I also believe the restrainer is the Holy Spirit living in all Christians. Once the restrainer is removed, where does that leave us Christians... Gone.. raptured...Jesus says we do not know the day or the hour of his return..As of now we are not in the 70 week or Jacob's trouble.
leaving for vacation today.. I know by the time I get back this thread will mostly likely be done. Sorry for lack of scriptures, but be truthful all of us use the same scriptures its our interpentation that is only the differences... have fun..:biggrin

A different gospel?

No !!! We are waiting for the times of the gentils to come to an end in my view. Islam sees israel as the little satan and america as the great satan because of our christian roots. I would expect an alignment between islam and the liberal left to attempt to crush the church. and the appearance of the two witnesses soon.Rev 12v17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

You at a ball game 9th enning your team is down by 4 last batter popped up, out! you say this game is lost do ya mean one 2000+ years from when you said THIS

You tell your kid mow this lawn! What lawn are ya talking about?

We talk about kids of today we say this generation is going to the dogs...

Man has worked very hard to complacate the Scripture

And in all those scriptures when you put it back in context you find that statement comes during the fig tree parable. So if i am telling my kid a story about mowing the lawn, do i then expect him to know when to mow.

And in all those scriptures when you put it back in context you find that statement comes during the fig tree parable. So if i am telling my kid a story about mowing the lawn, do i then expect him to know when to mow.
Luke 21:29
He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees.:biglol

No !!! We are waiting for the times of the gentils to come to an end in my view. Islam sees israel as the little satan and america as the great satan because of our christian roots. I would expect an alignment between islam and the liberal left to attempt to crush the church. and the appearance of the two witnesses soon.Rev 12v17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Where does scripture say anything historic will take place following the 'times of the gentiles' ?

Where does scripture say anything historic will take place following the 'times of the gentiles' ?

Luke 21v24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. 25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Yup Horse in this case the generation was the time frame.

Yet the gentils did not even gain control of Jerusalam until 70 ad when then did it return to the Jews, um, oh yah.. that was in the 60s wasnt it. 7 day war like 1967. and the temple well the jews still dont have control of the temple grounds do they.Rev 11v1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. The dome of the rock now sits in the courtyard of the original temple. Control of Jerusalam itself is divided by the UN.

Yet the gentils did not even gain control of Jerusalam until 70 ad when then did it return to the Jews, um, oh yah.. that was in the 60s wasnt it. 7 day war like 1967. and the temple well the jews still dont have control of the temple grounds do they.Rev 11v1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. The dome of the rock now sits in the courtyard of the original temple. Control of Jerusalam itself is divided by the UN.
is there some point here?

And in all those scriptures, the parable of the fig tree relates to the coming destruction of Jerusalem, not its restoration.

And in all those scriptures, the parable of the fig tree relates to the coming destruction of Jerusalem, not its restoration.

Agreed, the destruction of Jerusalam, not the return of the lord. Luke 21v22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

It IS true that Jesus instructions to the apostles to flee Jerusalem and the days of vengence against the Jews, was for that generation that lived at that time, however because Jesus said that IMMEDIATELY AFTER that tribulation that the powers of Heaven would be shaken and He would return in the sky to gather the saints,therefore it seems reasonable that Jesus was also speaking of ANOTHER TRIBULATION that would occur just before His return when the end of the age would occur. An idea is only as good as the evidence to support that idea. Jesus foretold the destruction of Jerusalem in the first century and the evidence shows that this occured in the first century,so we know that Jesus was speaking of the great tribulation as something that would happen in the first century.
On the other hand,Jesus said that immediately after THAT tribulation the sun would go black,moon red,stars fall, and Christ would return in the sky to gather the believers,now we know that this did not occur,so it is reasonable to believe that it is still in the future. Also, if the return of Christ is in the future, and that return occurs immediately after a tribulation period,then it seems reasonable that there is coming another tribulation period in the future and just before the return of Christ.
There IS a problem with the time element,however we need to keep in mind that God told Adam he would die in the DAY he ate of the fruit, and Adam lived over 328500 days AFTER he ate from the fruit...so maybe God looks at time different than we do??? Also, it is not possible to claim that the sun went black and the moon red and the stars fell and Christ returned in the sky and gathered the believers...with a straight face..folks that just did not happen and anyone who tries to claim it did has lost all credibility.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back