Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trump Goes Full Fascist

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's amazing the effort some people put into trying to feel oppressed for being white.

I dont know whats more racist. Whites being told they are guilty for something they never done, just because the color of there skin, or blacks being told they are victims for something they never went through, just because the color of there skin.

Thats not progress. Thats just division and racist.

The many United Americans dont want to be told they are either victims or guilty that doesnt help anyone. People are looking for life, liberty, and happyness together and want to have a positive outlook in life and achieve things.

It's amazing the effort some people put into trying to feel oppressed for being white.

In my home country the Human Rights Commission doesn't condemn 'How to train your Pākeha" post on Te Pāti Māori's Instagram.

Just if you dont know pakeha translated from maori means white person.

Imagine if a white group made a post saying "How to train your Maori" there would be a out cry of racial discrimination. Completely condemned by human rights.

But thats just the extremists who gwt a fre pass, the mass majoriry of maori and pakeha are friends and live in unity, but there is always a minority of racist extremists the media amplies and gives a platform trying to keep racial divisions going. The mass majority are united in friendship, they dont care.

So he's no different from the Democrats. Banning incandescent bulbs for starters. Why bother when they don't sell them on store shelves.

It's only a problem when it doesnt fit your agenda. Forcing people what products to buy and cant buy. People fought tooth and nail to stop Bidens electric vehicle mandates.

California banning gas powered lawn equipment.

You can't have it both ways. This is why I'm not voting in November. Both parties are bad.

So he's no different from the Democrats. Banning incandescent bulbs for starters. Why bother when they don't sell them on store shelves.

It's only a problem when it doesnt fit your agenda. Forcing people what products to buy and cant buy. People fought tooth and nail to stop Bidens electric vehicle mandates.

California banning gas powered lawn equipment.

You can't have it both ways. This is why I'm not voting in November. Both parties are bad.

LOL...so the Department of Energy is proposing a set of energy standards for an appliance, something they've been doing for half a century (since the passage of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act), and to you this is something new?

I suppose you prefer appliances that use more electricity and cost you more on your electric bill? Um....okay then. :rolleyes

LOL...so the Department of Energy is proposing a set of energy standards for an appliance, something they've been doing for half a century (since the passage of the Energy Policy and Conservation Act), and to you this is something new?

I suppose you prefer appliances that use more electricity and cost you more on your electric bill? Um....okay then. :rolleyes

Don't you mean standards that appliance companies have done on their own that is feasible, not something the administration has pulled out of their butts.

In my home country the Human Rights Commission doesn't condemn 'How to train your Pākeha" post on Te Pāti Māori's Instagram.

Just if you dont know pakeha translated from maori means white person.
iu

I'm guessing most whites don't care, either. You actually think that's oppression? I think we've located the problem.

Actually, they aren't banned. Only low-efficiency bulbs are banned, regardless of the type. And low-efficiency bulbs are still approved for:
  • Appliance lamps, including fridge and oven lights
  • Black lights
  • Bug lamps
  • Colored lamps
  • Infrared lamps
  • Left-handed thread lamps
  • Plant lights
  • Flood lights
  • Reflector lamps
  • Showcase lamps
  • Traffic signals
  • Some other specialty lights, including marine lamps and some odd-sized bulbs
Seven pages of them on Amazon...
You have to look at it from the POV of the merchants. Who in their right mind, would buy a bulb that costs several times more electricity for the same lumen level? If people don't buy them, why would they stock them?

If you're determined to pay more, you can still get them, however.

How do you know how the new proposed standards were developed? Please be specific.

Fyi, appliance companies already make energy efficient appliances and people want more efficient appliances and the companies know this. It's not worth saving a few cents over spending taxpayer on what these companies are already doing. It's just government overreaching.

Actually, they aren't banned. Only low-efficiency bulbs are banned, regardless of the type. And low-efficiency bulbs are still approved for:
  • Appliance lamps, including fridge and oven lights
  • Black lights
  • Bug lamps
  • Colored lamps
  • Infrared lamps
  • Left-handed thread lamps
  • Plant lights
  • Flood lights
  • Reflector lamps
  • Showcase lamps
  • Traffic signals
  • Some other specialty lights, including marine lamps and some odd-sized bulbs
Seven pages of them on Amazon...
You have to look at it from the POV of the merchants. Who in their right mind, would buy a bulb that costs several times more electricity for the same lumen level? If people don't buy them, why would they stock them?

If you're determined to pay more, you can still get them, however.

So there wasn't any reason for the ban.

Fyi, appliance companies already make energy efficient appliances and people want more efficient appliances and the companies know this. It's not worth saving a few cents over spending taxpayer on what these companies are already doing. It's just government overreaching.
So that's a.....no you don't have any insight into how the proposed standards were developed.

Noted.

So there wasn't any reason for the ban.
Other than saving electricity and cash...
how-much-actual-money-do-led-lights-save.webp

The comparison was done using two bulbs of similar brightness: A 60W incandescent and a 12W LED:

LEDs now cost about twice as much as a comparable incandescent, and last about 12 times as long. You do the math. Oh, and since I've got some high ceilings, and I'm getting older, I like not having to climb the ladder as often.

The comparison was done using two bulbs of similar brightness: A 60W incandescent and a 12W LED:

LEDs now cost about twice as much as a comparable incandescent, and last about 12 times as long. You do the math. Oh, and since I've got some high ceilings, and I'm getting older, I like not having to climb the ladder as often.
I'm reminded of years ago when the EPA was holding public meetings near where I live, all about cleaning up the toxic mining waste that was running off into local watersheds and even municipal water supplies.

I kid you not, some local conservatives actually argued/testified that the EPA shouldn't bother because their kids grew up with lead and other contaminants in their water and therefore had "could handle" any amounts of contaminants.

I swear, there are some folks who, if the gov't even suggested they not do something, their first reactionary instinct would be to run right out and do it as much as they can. Kinda like....

You misread my post. Since LEDS were already replacing incandescent bulbs there was no point for the ban. You couldn't buy incandescent bulbs in stores (at least the stores in my area) after 2018.

Since living on my own in 2007, I never bought any incandescent bulbs (was given a few) and bought CFL bulbs when they were first available. Still have them and had to buy dimmer LEDs as I had some dimmer lights in my current home.

I kid you not, some local conservatives actually argued/testified that the EPA shouldn't bother because their kids grew up with lead and other contaminants in their water and therefore had "could handle" any amounts of contaminants.
Wouldn't be surprising, in areas that had a lot of lead in the water. One of the symptoms is significantly lower IQ.

Interesting. "Pakeh" in the US (Hawaii) means "person of Chinese descent", or sometimes "miser."

In Hawaii Mahalo is thank you and in Tongan its Malo.i think they pronounced the same. A few of the pacific islands have things kind of similar to Hawaii.

Back