Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Trump Goes Full Fascist

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
First of all, that's in another country. Second, at least he apologized, unlike the CPAC conference where the Nazis have been welcomed with open arms.
Seems like the left and the right agree no matter which country they represent.

Aside from the definition of Fascism being a far-right ideology, I personally think that our current Democratic party is becoming more fascist all the time. Fascism does promote strong government control of the people and Democratic isealism does impose more and more control. I'm seeing here in MN as well.

Aside from the definition of Fascism being a far-right ideology, I personally think that our current Democratic party is becoming more fascist all the time. Fascism does promote strong government control of the people and Democratic isealism does impose more and more control. I'm seeing here in MN as well.

WIP

Can you expound on what you mean by Democratic idealism and what type of control of the people you see them imposing? Can you give me specific examples of such?

WIP

Can you expound on what you mean by Democratic idealism and what type of control of the people you see them imposing? Can you give me specific examples of such?
I'm not going to go tit for tat with you but I will just give a couple examples where I see government over-reach.

One current one is the push for EVs. Now, I'm not anti-EV, far from it. I truly believe that EVs can fill a niche in society. When I was working and driving the 20-miles to work every day, that would have been a great use for one. I use a lot of battery-powered tools and I love them. I have a cordless drill and now rarely use my 120v powered drill, cordless impact, last spring I purchased a battery-powered ice auger, and this winter I purchased a battery-powered snowblower. All that said, the over-reach I am seeing today is this push to force society to endorse and accept a conversion to EV technology rather than allowing the technology to stand on its own. Passing laws that outlaw the competition such as those in California to outlaw the sale of ICE vehicles within the next 11 years is excessive government control.

Just yesterday I received my copy of the MN Outdoor News and there was an article outlining a couple bills sponsored by Democrats currently in the house and senate to that if passed would be effective Nov. 1, 2024 and reads as follows:

"A person may not use or possess lead ammunition when hunting with firearms in a scientific and natural area, a peatland scientific and natural area, or a state park... A person may not use or possess lead ammunition when hunting with firearms in this state." It also reads, "A person may not use a sinker or jig to take fish if the sinker or jig: (1) contains lead; and (2) weighs one ounce or less or measures 2.5 inches or less in length, or both."

Here again I understand the concern with lead and I support moving away from it. But does it have to be all at once? It has been illegal to use lead shot over wetlands and lakes in MN or for taking waterfowl for years. For this reason I have switched to all steel shot even for upland game birds when it is still permitted to use lead for them.

The over-reach is that with a single stroke of a pen, roughly 2.5 million MN gun owners and about 1.25 million fishermen and women would be instantly outlaws and it would cost them a lot of money to comply because they would all have to replace all of their ammunition and lead-based lures. Trap shooting is one of MN's most popular high school sports having more participation than boys and girls hockey combined. Some of the firearms they are using may not even be suitable for use with steel shot so it may require them to replace the firearms or the barrels. The added expense could force participation to drop.

In my case, I would have to replace 100 rounds of .30-06 cartridges ($250.00), 250 rounds of .44 mag. pistol cartridges (so far I have not found non-lead replacements ($750.00 for lead but likely double that for non-lead if I can ever find some), and probably approximately five dozen fishing jigs (probably about $350.00). So for me, I'd be looking at over $1,350.00 to comply and I'm small potatoes.

There's no reason they can't somehow make the change over time to make it easier for compliance but that's not what our current Democratic Party is about. In my opinion, it's about power.

In addition to the costs I've mentioned to individuals, imagine the cost to retailers and manufacturers to replace all the lead ammunition and fishing lures on their shelves. I can't help but think that part of this falls under the gun control effort by making it more expensive to use firearms. We already have special taxes on the purchase of firearms and ammunition. I see this as one more example of infringing on our 2nd amendment rights.

During his 2024 campaign for the Presidency, Trump has made it quite clear that if he's able, he will put an end to the United States as it currently functions, and replace it with a type of fascist system.

He plans to round up millions of immigrants and put them into camps.

He wants to terminate parts of the Constitution.

On the first day of his presidency, he plans to invoke the Insurrection Act and us the US military against any American citizens who dare protest.

He plans to utilize the powers of the federal government to exact revenge against his political enemies.

He plans to allow only immigrants who pass a religious test.

He has been praising and admiring dictators and despots around the world.

He plans to gut the federal government by expelling civil servants and replacing them exclusively with people who are loyal to him.

He plans to haul people who are here legally in for questioning, and if they aren't deemed sufficiently loyal, deport them.

There's simply no other way to put it.....when you put all of that together it becomes obvious that Trump is running on a platform of fascism, which explains his recent use of Nazi language (referring to people as "vermin", followed by his campaign manager saying his critics will "have their entire existence crushed").

The debate I've been having with some of my friends is whether MAGA world truly supports all this, or if they even know about most of it. Some argue that since conservative media barely covers this, if at all, most conservatives simply aren't aware of the above. Others argue that conservatives are aware, and this is the sort of thing they actually want. And there's polling showing that to be the case.

Whatever the case with conservatives may be, one thing is certain.....we absolutely cannot allow this very dangerous, unstable man anywhere near the presidency.
I believe the plan has been all along to stage a fake "stolen presidency" ...to "persecute" Trump in the courts, building the Trump cult who are very militant (even the professing "Christian" Trumpers), and then the elites will put him back in the WH ....this snake, tyrant.

(And no, I am not a "liberal Democrat" ...nor am I a Democrat or Republican. They're all in the same Babylonian system.)

I'm not going to go tit for tat with you but I will just give a couple examples where I see government over-reach.

One current one is the push for EVs. Now, I'm not anti-EV, far from it. I truly believe that EVs can fill a niche in society.

Guns and ammo? Some simple regulations is not real overreach and control in my opinion. What would the wisdom of Solomon say concerning our guns and ammo problem.? As far as EV's go, have you been denied the ability to go buy a diesel truck? Has any democratic policy forced you to buy an EV against your will? Just like Solar, the democratic policies didn't force me to purchase solar panels for my house. I saw a return on my investment, and the government incentivized the purchase of it with a 25% tax credit. But it was still my decision to purchase them, no one or no government policy forced me to buy them.

WIP

One of the classic means of suppression used by the fascists is the silencing of the free press when they don't like any reporting that runs counter to the state media complex's lockstep summation of the same event.​

Silencing all those media outlets that do not play nice thru arrest & intimidation.​

A Classic Nazi technique .

FBI arrests Blaze journalist on unspecified charges after he ...

1 day ago ... FBI arrests Blaze journalist on unspecified charges after he investigated January 6 ... The Blaze's Steve Baker said the FBI and DOJ ordered him ...

Blaze reporter arrested and perp walked by FBI; charged with J6 misdemeanors​

He was charged with “entering restricted grounds,” “disorderly conduct,” and “parading and picketing in the Capitol.”

By
Debra Heine
March 1, 2024

I personally think that our current Democratic party is becoming more fascist all the time.
How so?

Fascism does promote strong government control of the people
In a general sense, that's not really a defining characteristic of fascism. If it were, speed limits and food safety guidelines would be "fascism.

Democratic isealism does impose more and more control. I'm seeing here in MN as well.
Examples?

I believe the plan has been all along to stage a fake "stolen presidency" ...to "persecute" Trump in the courts, building the Trump cult who are very militant (even the professing "Christian" Trumpers), and then the elites will put him back in the WH ....this snake, tyrant.

(And no, I am not a "liberal Democrat" ...nor am I a Democrat or Republican. They're all in the same Babylonian system.)
To what end?

How so?

In a general sense, that's not really a defining characteristic of fascism. If it were, speed limits and food safety guidelines would be "fascism.

Examples?

One of the classic means of suppression used by the fascists is the silencing of the free press when they don't like any reporting that runs counter to the state media complex's lockstep summation of the same event.​

Silencing all those media outlets that do not play nice thru arrest & intimidation.​

A Classic Nazi technique .

FBI arrests Blaze journalist on unspecified charges after he ...

1 day ago ... FBI arrests Blaze journalist on unspecified charges after he investigated January 6 ... The Blaze's Steve Baker said the FBI and DOJ ordered him ...

Blaze reporter arrested and perp walked by FBI; charged with J6 misdemeanors​

He was charged with “entering restricted grounds,” “disorderly conduct,” and “parading and picketing in the Capitol.”

By
Debra Heine
March 1, 2024

One of the classic means of suppression used by the fascists is the silencing of the free press

Oh, you mean like your favorite golden cow who refers to the media or stories he doesn't like as FAKE NEWS? You mean the Great Orange Dragon who brags he's so successful but whines he's the most persecuted person in history? Calling any judges who rule against him as corrupt and having an agenda against him, always so unfair.... Oh wait, there's more, how about the father of lies who labels the men and women, neighbors and friends who are longtime dedicated civil servants as being part of some deep state. Yes, one man has successfully set out to undermine and destroy our confidence in the institutions that made this nation great, even undermining the very core of our great democracy; but by his tales he has cast a third of the stars of heaven to the ground, promising them power in this world, and when they bowed down and worshiped him and tried taking the kingdoms of this world for themselves, the institution of the church and faith itself became perverted.

Is that the kind of suppression your talking about?

Could you please tell me what's happening in the video?
Thanks.

Acting, a lot of acting.... Oh, the persecution! Look at what the big bad government is doing to us. Oh yes, Jesus said we'd be persecuted........

Being a member of the press does not give one absolute immunity from breaking the law by some magical reading of the first amendment. Claiming to be a member of the press does not give one license to trespass or commit crimes.

Acting, a lot of acting.... Oh, the persecution! Look at what the big bad government is doing to us. Oh yes, Jesus said we'd be persecuted........

Being a member of the press does not give one absolute immunity from breaking the law by some magical reading of the first amendment. Claiming to be a member of the press does not give one license to trespass or commit crimes.

Just in general not speaking about any situation. If there is a group of different media who all cross the same line that could be classed as an offense, then they should all be equally held accoutable right?.

Now, I'm not anti-EV, far from it. I truly believe that EVs can fill a niche in society. When I was working and driving the 20-miles to work every day, that would have been a great use for one. I use a lot of battery-powered tools and I love them.

I would like to own an electric vehicle, as you say it can fill a certain niche in society. I personally would see it as being very economical living in and around a city, my SUV doesn't get great fuel milage city at countless stop lights. I would prefer to have one of each to use as it suites me. But why don't I, because I would have to pay insurance on two vehicles when I only could only drive one at a time.

Who's policies tend to favor the insurance companies? I don't even know.

meanwhile..........

Today I saw prophecy fulfilled, the messiah has come.....
From the sands of Arrakis, a holy war has begun.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back