Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Types & shadows needing NT support?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why don't you give me the Scriptures that you want to refer to about the Holy Spirit giving revelation.

I can do that.

1 Corinthians 2-
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.?
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.../

Ephesians 1:17
1 John 2:27
John 14:26

That's just a few. There is more.!

Edward,

can do that.

1 Corinthians 2-
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.?
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.../

Ephesians 1:17
1 John 2:27
John 14:26

That's just a few. There is more.!

Doing a copy and paste of 1 Cor 2:9-16 does not cut the mustard with me. It avoids the hard work of exegesis, of obtaining the meaning out of the text in context.

When you do the hard yards of exegesis to arrive at the meaning of the text, then we'll have something to work on. To this point, you have simply quoted Scripture without exegesis.

Do you know what exegesis is and how to do it?

Oz

Oh yeah it was in the other thread I posted scriptures for you.

I'm a what? Never mind. Idk Brother, I just asked a question or two, why try to label me this or that when we was just talking.

You sound a little frustrated with it and I don't want to rile you up or anything, so perhaps I'll back off your thread, and we'll agree to disagree on this.

It's good to have confidence in the Bible, but I am either misunderstanding you completely, or you hold a pretty narrow view of scripture vs spiritual discernment that I can't agree with.

Blessings be upon you. :)

That is NOT where I obtained the Scripture. I've been doing my own examination of and exegesis of Scripture for a long time.

You stated: 'why try to label me this or that when we was just talking'. What have you done? 'or you hold a pretty narrow view of scripture vs spiritual discernment that I can't agree with'. There you go with labelling me!

I'll not continue to engage in conversation with you when you use an ad hominem fallacy like this.

Oz:wave

That is NOT where I obtained the Scripture. I've been doing my own examination of and exegesis of Scripture for a long time.

You stated: 'why try to label me this or that when we was just talking'. What have you done? 'or you hold a pretty narrow view of scripture vs spiritual discernment that I can't agree with'. There you go with labelling me!

I'll not continue to engage in conversation with you when you use an ad hominem fallacy like this.

Oz:wave

You are narrow minded. I didn't say you were wrong, just that I can't agree. That's not adhomin, that's opinion based on how you're talking in the thread. You're being provocative. Its like you're mad because everyone isn't agreeing with you.

:wave2

You are narrow minded. I didn't say you were wrong, just that I can't agree. That's not adhomin, that's opinion based on how you're talking in the thread. You're being provocative. Its like you're mad because everyone isn't agreeing with you.

:wave2

So you engage in another ad hominem fallacy against me.

Bye, bye.:wall

Well, this thread has been off topic on unrelated subjects or personal jabbing long enough. I think we're done here.

Back