Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

U.S. Government and Morality

mdo757 said:
As far as I know the laws in Afghanistan and Iraq against Christianity have not changed. Only for now are they looking the other way, perhaps waiting for us to leave.

And so what if they haven't changed? Are we not supposed to count persecution as gain? Paul accepted his persecution, why do we attempt to fight against it?

Just because we might be treated unjustly, does not mean that we should not strive to make sure other people are treated justly.

mdo757 said:
The United States is urging Uganda to stop a bill that would criminalize homosexuality, and yet when it came to Iraq and Afghanistan making it the death penalty to be found a Christian, they said nothing. Now what do you think about that? Should our tax dollars help support the Gay agenda? :screwloose :crazy

It hardly matters to a Christian.
Only those who are "from beneath" would concern themselves with such worldly events.
We aren't of this world so its not something we would think to expend energy fighting.

(Joh 8:23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

(Joh 18:36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

(Joh 15:19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

All the tax money that goes into weapons and perversions is just the way of the world. It's not our concern.

Peace!

Son of Israel

Son of Israel said:
mdo757 said:
The United States is urging Uganda to stop a bill that would criminalize homosexuality, and yet when it came to Iraq and Afghanistan making it the death penalty to be found a Christian, they said nothing. Now what do you think about that? Should our tax dollars help support the Gay agenda? :screwloose :crazy

Only those who are "from beneath" would concern themselves with such worldly events.
We aren't of this world so its not something we would think to expend energy fighting.

(Joh 8:23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

(Joh 18:36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

(Joh 15:19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
SoI are you saying mdo757 is a Pharisee because that's who Jesus was talking to in the verses you quoted.

All the tax money that goes into weapons and perversions is just the way of the world. It's not our concern.
So should we not warn each other about the things our governments do that proves scripture correct?

Peace!

Son of Israel
I think you're "holier than thou" attitude fits perfect with this forum.

They are of the world, therefore speak they of the world, and the world hears them. Your discussion is a secular matter between a secular government and secular people. Christ never at any time imposed Himself upon any, and neither did He tell us too; rather once repentance for remission of sins is preached in His Name among all nations, then it is left up to the person to accept the Gospel of Christ, or to reject it. Christianity is voluntary, and always has been; we may encourage, but not constrain, especially a secular government; for they live by secular principles and practices, but we by heavenly principles and practices, and the two can never at any time be equally yoked together.

Menno said:
mdo757 said:

Question: Where is the link/evidence that Iraq or Afghanistan currently have a law that if one is found guilty of being a Christian they are to receive the death penalty?
muslim law sharia states that penalty for a muslim to convert to anything is death.

i was in afghanistan muslims beat and severly wounded a man simply for having a bible.
we gave then out in secret, and held bible studies with them in secret as well, though i took no part in that as others did that, not me, i did answer question about jesus.

RND said:
Son of Israel said:
mdo757 said:

SoI are you saying mdo757 is a Pharisee because that's who Jesus was talking to in the verses you quoted.

So should we not warn each other about the things our governments do that proves scripture correct?

[quote:1l4knhla]Peace!

Son of Israel
I think you're "holier than thou" attitude fits perfect with this forum.[/quote:1l4knhla]

RND you sure are an angry person it would seem. Are you just wanting to start fights or something? Holier than thou? What? Just because I'm a Christian? Look, you apologized to me on another thread that got closed out because I reported your smart mouth. I'll forgive you again if you want to apologize but you don't seem to care about being offensive to others. Are you going to be responsible for this thread getting closed out too? What exactly is your personal problem? You say I would fit in here, I take it you have quite a few Christians here whom you have problems with? Maybe you should get on a forum that is more suited to your unregenerated carnal offensive nature.

Son of Israel said:
RND you sure are an angry person it would seem.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Are you just wanting to start fights or something?
Nope, just asking questions.
Holier than thou? What?
Yeah, in the few post I've seen from you you seem to be willing to give your unsolicited advice as if it is always right.

Just because I'm a Christian?
Oh, not at all. I'm a Christian too.

Look, you apologized to me on another thread that got closed out because I reported your smart mouth.
And you didn't apologize to me. What's that say for you?

I'll forgive you again if you want to apologize but you don't seem to care about being offensive to others.
I have nothing to aplogize about here.

Are you going to be responsible for this thread getting closed out too? What exactly is your personal problem?
Not me. You're the one that seems intent on taking the thread of course. Why not just anser my question?

Are you saying mdo757 is a Pharisee because that's who Jesus was talking to in the verses you quoted?

You say I would fit in here, I take it you have quite a few Christians here whom you have problems with?
I have no reason to judge others.

Maybe you should get on a forum that is more suited to your unregenerated carnal offensive nature.
Maybe. And maybe you shouldn't make post that off-handily accuse others of acting like Pharisees and then refuse to direct your comments to the questions you're asked! Everything's a two way street and you should begin to realize that.

RND said:
Son of Israel said:
RND you sure are an angry person it would seem.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Are you just wanting to start fights or something?
Nope, just asking questions.
[quote:1m6xoiut]
Holier than thou? What?
Yeah, in the few post I've seen from you you seem to be willing to give your unsolicited advice as if it is always right.

Just because I'm a Christian?
Oh, not at all. I'm a Christian too.

Look, you apologized to me on another thread that got closed out because I reported your smart mouth.
And you didn't apologize to me. What's that say for you?

I'll forgive you again if you want to apologize but you don't seem to care about being offensive to others.
I have nothing to aplogize about here.

Are you going to be responsible for this thread getting closed out too? What exactly is your personal problem?
Not me. You're the one that seems intent on taking the thread of course. Why not just anser my question?

Are you saying mdo757 is a Pharisee because that's who Jesus was talking to in the verses you quoted?

You say I would fit in here, I take it you have quite a few Christians here whom you have problems with?
I have no reason to judge others.

Maybe you should get on a forum that is more suited to your unregenerated carnal offensive nature.
Maybe. And maybe you shouldn't make post that off-handily accuse others of acting like Pharisees and then refuse to direct your comments to the questions you're asked! Everything's a two way street and you should begin to realize that.[/quote:1m6xoiut]

Just lay off me, understand? What is wrong with you??

Son of Israel said:
Just lay off me, understand?
Brother, I would like to remind you that you are on a public forum. You chose to be here and I'm glad you have made that choice. I'm more than certain you have valuable input to share and a POV worth considering.

However, keep in mind that the public comments you make are, in and of themselves, subject for comment. Make your points and make your comments but please don't feel like you have to correct every poster for expressing their opinion about the things they choose to comment on.

Jumping into threads an telling another poster that you think owes another poster an apology to apologize I think goes beyond the pale. Telling another poster that is opinion about genocide or concerns about the promotion of homosexuality "...hardly matters to a Christian" is frankly none of your business and to insinuate someone expressing these opinions and concerns must be "from beneath" is a judgment call you, as a Christian, aren't entitled to make.

What is wrong with you??
Most likely, the same thing that's wrong with you.

Now can we please get back to the OP?

jasoncran said:
Menno said:
mdo757 said:

Question: Where is the link/evidence that Iraq or Afghanistan currently have a law that if one is found guilty of being a Christian they are to receive the death penalty?
muslim law sharia states that penalty for a muslim to convert to anything is death.

i was in afghanistan muslims beat and severly wounded a man simply for having a bible.
we gave then out in secret, and held bible studies with them in secret as well, though i took no part in that as others did that, not me, i did answer question about jesus.
It,s good to see someone with hudspa.

lol hudspa, i'm of a hebrew descent and i never told them that one.

One can witness even when commanders say not to. They( the muslim) asked we answered. I let the Lord lead and so on. I never would start the consversation on that or say hey you are wrong. I rather did the tasks assigned to me and showed mercy to the afghanis or the local workers ( afghan)whenever possible
. when i left country a muslim man cried tears of sadness as i was good to him. I helped his son get a job. For the full story(some of it) it is the praise,prayer requests, and testimonies section of this forum.

Back