Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Godfrey said:
Steve76 said:
Orthodox or not, I will listen to no man

Steve, if you don't mind me saying so, that is a very dangerous position.

Godfrey..
I don't mind anyone saying anything about me and my search for the truth, but coming from a man who has the NIV as his Bible of choice, I really do stick to my statement.

RND, yes, I prefer not to listen to the likes of you. Thanks. :yes But, I really do appreciate your input as it is nice to hear opinions from all sides..
And I thank God for that also. It is up to you if you want to listen to men you believe know more than you, that is fine with me and I respect your view.

Am I new age? Judge me as you see fit. I am a mere mortal, a soul living inside a mortal body, a vehicle, temple, a creation. I am whatever you think I am. To the Jews, Jesus seemed new age and look how well He went down with the Orthodox lot..

Man, I am denominized through assumption! Lololol... :lol

Are there unidentified flying objects in the Bible? It seems like, in some cases, are they UFO or aliens? I don't know that is why I am interested in learning more..

Does God use a vehicle of some sort in some scriptures? I believe so and I' like to learn more.

http://getwiththeword.blogspot.com/

Steve76 said:
RND, yes, I prefer not to listen to the likes of you. Thanks. :yes But, I really do appreciate your input as it is nice to hear opinions from all sides..
I wouldn't expect you to listen to me nor take anything I say as the Gospel unless you search the scripture for themselves and to see if they are true.

And I thank God for that also. It is up to you if you want to listen to men you believe know more than you, that is fine with me and I respect your view.
So you don't even listen to the sermon of your pastor in church?

Am I new age? Judge me as you see fit.
Never said you were. I said the view you are espousing 'seems New Age.

'I am a mere mortal, a soul living inside a mortal body, a vehicle, temple, a creation. I am whatever you think I am.
That also seems quite 'New Age' to me. You aren't whatever I think you are. You are what the Bible says you are Steve.

To the Jews, Jesus seemed new age and look how well He went down with the Orthodox lot..
The problem with that line of thought is that Jesus never put His thoughts and ideas above the word of God

Man, I am denominized through assumption! Lololol... :lol
No assumption. The words you use do that for you Steve.

Are there unidentified flying objects in the Bible? It seems like, in some cases, are they UFO or aliens? I don't know that is why I am interested in learning more..
Steve, you have had several people here give clear and concise reasoning why there are no references to UFO's and aliens in the Bible.

Does God use a vehicle of some sort in some scriptures? I believe so and I' like to learn more.
Again, this seems extremely 'New Age' in that it assumes the God of creation, that spoke things into existence, needs a mechanical device to fly around in. This 'brings down' God to man's level and does not give God His proper respect and reverence that He is due.

Deu 30:12 It [is] not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Deu 30:13 Neither [is] it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? Deu 30:14 But the word [is] very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

And as I stated earlier, I prefer to not listen to people like you. It is not for not wanting but for feeling annoyed by your attitude which I am sure many others feel.(whether they are believers in your eyes or not).
And RND, you have assumed much about me when I have only shown interest and no conviction, that is your personality and I accept it. You are really on the ball when it comes to scripture and I pat you on the back for your reference skills.
As far as God using a vehicle, yet again you have assumed that I have said it is mechanical!
Phew, can you try not to assume for once? :crazy PLEASE?

There are plenty of statements yes regarding what people saw, but they seem to be mostly from you so can you let others have a little go?
Thanks

Steve76 said:
And yes, I do listen to my Pastor, he has a great attitude towards everyone.
So then you do listen to man. Do you take everything he says as the Gospel you do you compare it to scripture?

Godfrey said:
Steve76 said:
Orthodox or not, I will listen to no man

Steve, if you don't mind me saying so, that is a very dangerous position.

Hi Godfrey, :wave

We can learn from other men, for "some" are filled with His Spirit. But, we must be careful and discern:

• Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in My name, saying, 'I am Christ;' and shall deceive many.

Many come in His name, Christ / Christian. They shall/do deceive many. It is the enemy within we must take great care with. Consider the following verses....

Galatians 4:1-2 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

• If we are an heir, a man child...one of the very elect, then we are indeed under teaches UNTIL the time our Father sends His Spirit. And then....

John 14:26 But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

• Christ has "foretold you all things" and those things are written. The Holy Spirit teaches us, reveals to us the deeper truths of "whatsoever I have said unto you." He reveals to us certain things and we are to share those revelations with others....those that have eyes and ears. They in turn share what the Spirit reveals to them. Not all will see or hear but....He leads us to those that will.

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost.

That is our example. When those that are filled with His Spirit meet, even if we're just babes....we KNOW.

At least, that's my :twocents :yes

RND said:
Steve76 said:
And yes, I do listen to my Pastor, he has a great attitude towards everyone.
So then you do listen to man. Do you take everything he says as the Gospel you do you compare it to scripture?

I do listen to him and he is an excellent Pastor yes but if he tried to force an opinion on me or had a vain attitude, I would walk out of his Church.

Please do not forget what I said in my last post now...

And back to the topic..

Steve76 said:
but coming from a man who has the NIV as his Bible of choice, I really do stick to my statement.

Well, just 'cos I like the NIV, doesn't mean I can't offer good advice - after all, the Lord used a donkey to reprove an erring prophet :) :) :)

So anyone who doesn't stick to the KJV is in error? A very quick look along my shelves reveals modern Bible quotations by John Bevere, Brother Yun, Catherine Marshall, Derek Prince, Jackie Pullinger and Colin Urquhart. As you will find if you look into their lives and writings, those men and women know or knew God far better than you do. How closely a born-again believer walks with God has nothing to do with which Bible they read or what denomination they belong to. There is a six month old baby in my house right now, and she needs to do a lot of growing up before she no longer needs her parents. You are six months old in the Lord, you have a great testimony, good - you are well and truly born; but that doesn't make you spiritually adult yet.

You did say you didn't mind anyone saying anything about you ...

Steve76 said:
And as I stated earlier, I prefer to not listen to people like you. It is not for not wanting but for feeling annoyed by your attitude which I am sure many others feel.(whether they are believers in your eyes or not).
You are free to believe anything you want Steve. Yet, if you go back to the very first post you ever made towards me it was filled with lots of sarcasim and slights towards me.

I would say you should look in the mirror frankly.

And RND, you have assumed much about me when I have only shown interest and no conviction, that is your personality and I accept it. You are really on the ball when it comes to scripture and I pat you on the back for your reference skills.
Steve, I not assuming anything. The words you are using seem to be very much as coming from a "new Age' standpoint.

Suggesting that God flies around in a spaceship is indeed not common amongst standard Christian view.

As far as God using a vehicle, yet again you have assumed that I have said it is mechanical!
Phew, can you try not to assume for once? :crazy PLEASE?
So are you suggesting God flies around in an 'invisible plane' ALA Wonder Woman?

Steve, when you suggest that God flies around in a spaceship what else am I supposed to assume other than a 'mechanical' spacecraft? In my worldview spaceships are indeed mechanical. What I can't wrap my mind around or being to comprehend is how God can be everywhere at once and all at the same time.

There are plenty of statements yes regarding what people saw, but they seem to be mostly from you so can you let others have a little go?
Thanks
Steve, take a look around the forum a bit. It is a free forum. I am not restricted in what I am allowed to say so long as it conforms to the rules established by the board. When you make a comment or statement it can be commented on by anyone, including me. If you don't want me commenting on some of the things you say and expound then simply don't say them.

BTW Steve, I am not restricting you ability to 'have a go.'

Go Baggies!

Steve76 said:
I do listen to him and he is an excellent Pastor yes but if he tried to force an opinion on me or had a vain attitude, I would walk out of his Church.
As would I. But what astouns me is why would you sit in on a sermon from a pastor you didn't agree with?

Never.

Free said:
RND said:
Free said:
Where was the first throne room--the first king and kingdom?
Ooooo, I know! Mr. Kotteir, Ooooo, pick me! Ooooo! Ooooo! Ooooo! Mr. Kotteir, Ooooo, pick me!<----------RND doing His best Arnold Horshak.
:biglol Go ahead Arnold.
God's throne and Kingdom where first in heaven. The earthly tabernacle, where the Ark resisted and where God dwelt with His people was patterned after the heavenly example. The whole 'war in heaven' began in the Kingdom of God and took place when Lucifer decided he wanted to be king and ruler of heaven.

To Godfrey, I did not mean offence but I do feel that the NIV has had a lot of important words taken out of it and to me, the KJV is best, that is my opinion.

RND - You still assume and assume and assume bro! And no, I do not suggest that God flies around in a spacecraft, you assume that I suggest.

I will suggest that you cannot stop assuming and maybe you should take a good look in the mirror because I am definitely not the only one on here that has come against your outlandish assumptions.
If you say I am new age then that is your judgement of me.

I have only shown interest in the fascinating scriptures that to me and many others sound very much like unidentified objects, that is all...

But you know that they are God and you know that God does not use a vehicle so, we know your opinion.
Thanks again, it is again, appreciated so can you let someone else give their opinion please?

RND said:
Steve76 said:
As would I. But what astouns me is why would you sit in on a sermon from a pastor you didn't agree with?

Never.

Leave my Pastor out of it or I may just have to report you to the Mods.

I rest my case with your attitude..I did pray for you last night Bro..

Hi whirlwind

I agree we need to discern. I wouldn't accept doctrine that was contrary to the Word, for instance. But God uses other people to expose pride in our hearts. I reckon if God had appeared direct to Pharaoh and told him to let the Israelites go, he would probably have done it; but he wasn't going to take it from Moses, oh no. God lets us learn from other Christians, and often things we don't like. I heard an old minister say, "I don't mind the Lord telling me I'm wrong, I just wish He wouldn't use my wife to do it." :)

A lot of Christians these days are full of "Nobody's going to tell me what to do" and "If I don't agree with that, I'm not going to do it" attitudes. One way God exposes those attitudes is to confront us with a situation where we have to do or accept something we don't like.

I'd been saved about 18 months when I got into a confrontation with an elder of my church. I was holding forth about it and he simply said sharply, "That isn't the way the leadership of this church feels about it." I shut up, but I drove home seething inside. I was sure I was right. Then as I was driving, the Lord said to me, "Never mind who's right and who's wrong - what I want to know is, how stiff is your neck?"

I haven't forgotten it ...

Steve76 said:
To Godfrey, I did not mean offence but I do feel that the NIV has had a lot of important words taken out of it and to me, the KJV is best, that is my opinion.

No offence taken, me dude! I saw that thing of yours about 64000 words. Blessed if I could find a site that would itemise them. I did find one where the guy was complaining that the NIV puts some verses in footnotes, but I can live with that :) :)

Godfrey said:
Steve76 said:

No offence taken, me dude! I saw that thing of yours about 64000 words. Blessed if I could find a site that would itemise them. I did find one where the guy was complaining that the NIV puts some verses in footnotes, but I can live with that :) :)

Hey Godfrey, try www.jesus-is-lord.com
There is a load of info on there regarding different Bible versions..
;)

Steve76 said:
RND - You still assume and assume and assume bro! And no, I do not suggest that God flies around in a spacecraft, you assume that I suggest.
Maybe should attempt to enlighten us as to what you mean.

I will suggest that you cannot stop assuming and maybe you should take a good look in the mirror because I am definitely not the only one on here that has come against your outlandish assumptions.
No assumptions are being made other than using your statements to engage in conversation.

If you say I am new age then that is your judgement of me.
I never said 'you' were a New Ager. What I did say is that some of the things you espouse seem to be New Age. Others have pointed this out to you as well.

I have only shown interest in the fascinating scriptures that to me and many others sound very much like unidentified objects, that is all...
You have also made direct staements that you do believe God flies around in spacecraft.

I mean seriously Steve, what is one to make of such statements for one? "Does God use a vehicle of some sort in some scriptures? I believe so and I' like to learn more."

But you know that they are God and you know that God does not use a vehicle so, we know your opinion.
That's what scripture says.
Thanks again, it is again, appreciated so can you let someone else give their opinion please?
Steve, people are free to jump in at anytime and voice there opinion. If you insist on making statements that I deem worthy of commenting on I most certainly will.

Steve76 said:
Godfrey said:
Steve76 said:

Hey Godfrey, try http://www.jesus-is-lord.com
There is a load of info on there regarding different Bible versions..
;)
I thought you said you never listen to any man Steve?

Godfrey said:
Hi whirlwind

I agree we need to discern. I wouldn't accept doctrine that was contrary to the Word, for instance. But God uses other people to expose pride in our hearts. I reckon if God had appeared direct to Pharaoh and told him to let the Israelites go, he would probably have done it; but he wasn't going to take it from Moses, oh no. God lets us learn from other Christians, and often things we don't like. I heard an old minister say, "I don't mind the Lord telling me I'm wrong, I just wish He wouldn't use my wife to do it." :)

:lol

A lot of Christians these days are full of "Nobody's going to tell me what to do" and "If I don't agree with that, I'm not going to do it" attitudes. One way God exposes those attitudes is to confront us with a situation where we have to do or accept something we don't like.

I'd been saved about 18 months when I got into a confrontation with an elder of my church. I was holding forth about it and he simply said sharply, "That isn't the way the leadership of this church feels about it." I shut up, but I drove home seething inside. I was sure I was right. Then as I was driving, the Lord said to me, "Never mind who's right and who's wrong - what I want to know is, how stiff is your neck?"

I haven't forgotten it ...

There again...be careful of the "leadership of the church." There are many leaders teaching false doctrine. I don't think the test is in if your neck is stiff but is in what's inside the head on top of the neck.

I'm not going to name denominations but I have to shake my head when I see their congregations filled with folks thinking they are learning about our Father. :shame Some even led by practicing homosexuals in the top leadership. Let the Spirit teach you...not man.

Thanks RND for your time and your reply. :thumb

So back to the topic and with Ezekiel's vision, I was wondering, does anyone know of any interesting artwork that has been created regarding the objects that God was surrounded by in this vision? But not one of the usual view where there is an old bearded man in some clouds..
I will search on the net and would be interested in whether there are actual pieces of art that depict this truly amazing vision..
:o

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back