Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Steve76 said:
It is interesting to note that the apparent abductions of people that were taken aboard spacecrafts and had their semen or eggs taken always felt that the aliens were unfriendly and lacked compassion.
Why would it matter if the were friendly and held up welcome signs and offered cake and ice cream? :lol

There is also an interesting part of the Bible where the sons of God went into the daughters of men and had children with them that became giants and ended up becoming a wicked generation - Genesis 6:1-8. The Nephilim :o
More fiction. Did you know you too could become a "son of God"?

As Satan is portrayed as a Son of God in the book of Job it does sound like a sort of xenogensis went on there which can be likened to the apparent modern time alien abductions..
I just hope I'm allowed to ponder on that one for a while... :gah
Satan is not referred to as a son of God in Job. Satan joined into a discussion with the sons of God and God Himself.

Job 1:6 ¶ Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Ah right, my mistake about Satan, woops, the sons of God and Satan met up with God, that is right thanks, and that is proof that Satan is not a son of God..

Yea, it would have been far nicer if the aliens gave them ice-cream... :nono .

Anyhow, I will bow down to your wisdom and retire for the night and I will thank the Lord tonight for leading me to you.

I have learnt much from this evening and look forward to the next time I am able to discuss here with fellow Christians from all our walks of life.

http://getwiththeword.blogspot.com/

Steve76 said:
Ah right, my mistake about Satan, woops, the sons of God and Satan met up with God, that is right thanks, and that is proof that Satan is not a son of God..

Yea, it would have been far nicer if the aliens gave them ice-cream... :nono .

Anyhow, I will bow down to your wisdom and retire for the night and I will thank the Lord tonight for leading me to you.

I have learnt much from this evening and look forward to the next time I am able to discuss here with fellow Christians from all our walks of life.

Go Baggies!

There will be no more posts of a vulgar nature nor those containing a spiritually superior attitude--implying that others are vain in their thinking because they disagree with you.

Anything else comes up and this topic will be locked.

Free said:
There will be no more posts of a vulgar nature nor those containing a spiritually superior attitude--implying that others are vain in their thinking because they disagree with you.

The "vain" Scriptures had nothing to do with disagreement of this topic. It isn't vanity to disagree with another on anything. The attitude in which they disagree however does have to do with the verses.

Although the following was a post I wrote previously concerning rapture it also deals with this topic....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Isaiah 30:6 The burden of the beasts of the south: into the land of trouble and anguish, from whence come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them.

• The "beasts of the south" are those that are "parched from drought." Their burden is the drought of not having God's truth, His living water. Instead they believe lies and run to those that "shall not profit them." They go to the land ruled by Satan, the viper and his "fiery flying serpents."

[list:e74q2hid]Fiery flying serpent....burning, poisonous creature, from the copper color.
[/list:u:e74q2hid]

Is.14:29 Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice (viper), and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

30:8-11 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: That this is a rebellious People, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: Which say to the seers, "See not;" and to the prophets, "Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits: Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."

• They believe they follow God but only want to hear sweet things....peace, love, salvation and safety. How to fly away before the tribulation.....deceits!

[list:e74q2hid]11 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
[/list:u:e74q2hid]

30:15-16 For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; "In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not. But ye said, 'No; for we will flee upon horses;' therefore shall ye flee; and, 'We will ride upon the swift;' therefore shall they that pursue you be swift.

• "Horses" as used there is....to skip, a horse, as leaping, also as swallow from it's rapid flight.

Some of the descriptions of the "swift"....small, sharp, vile, be swift, brightened (as if sharpened) burnished, polished. Much as the "fiery, bright, amber colored (highly polished bronze) vehicle" of Ezekiel.

These are spacecraft. Whether the craft is from other worlds, other dimensions or even some unknown place on earth....I don't know....but, they are real, they have been here from the beginning and will be at the end.

He asks that the deceived return to Him, to His truth, for He is our Rest and be saved but....they won't. Instead they choose to fall for the deception of the serpent. They will choose to believe in the lie of rapture where it appears and he, Satan, will promise to take them away on his "swift horses."

11 Thessalonians 2:10-12 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• The delusion is that Satan will appear as Christ. The lie is rapture!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if the above post is telling us what I believe it is....that in the end of days Satan will appear on his "swift horses." Literal serpents don't fly nor does a horse. Is the world ready?

whirlwind said:
Free said:

The "vain" Scriptures had nothing to do with disagreement of this topic. It isn't vanity to disagree with another on anything. The attitude in which they disagree however does have to do with the verses.

I agree. But as I remember, it may turn out that I am an unbeliever because I am open to discussions that do not conform to another man's or group of men's so called spiritual enlightenment.
I seem to also now be placed into a denomination, that is of the new age beliefs because I am open to discussion on topics that intrigue me. I do not mind being judged..

So just to put it straight, I do not belong to any other Church other than the body of Christ my saviour, in fact, I am the church and I listen to no man.

Back to the topic though, as our bodies are vehicles controlled by our minds and souls, it is interesting to note that God did indeed use a vehicle when He came in the flesh as our saviour and mediator Jesus Christ.
And as stated earlier through a vain response 'God does not need a vehicle!'.

Praise the Lord whether He uses a vehicle or not.. :clap

researcher said:
Like, what is the throne made of? Obviously not material as we know it. It would be spiritual material. Which begs the question.. are there "things" in heaven that are inanimate such as cups and tables etc. If so, what are they made of?

This is an excellent question. Someone stated that they had a vision of Heaven where God had a throne that he sits on. It is interesting that this particular object is not objected to, but the thought of a flying craft would be. Regardless, . . . why would there even BE a "throne" in Heaven for God? Why place such a HUMAN thing in a spiritual realm, . . . the use of some sort of furnature to sit upon? Does God have a body that he COULD sit? Yet, we have a wildly imaged vision of something in the sky that is hard for the vision-er to understand, . . . .something that is a mystery, . . . . thus a debate over what it was. Belief, by some, that it was an actual "UFO" [again, UFO =/= "flying saucer"], and those who say it wasn't. I just find that fascinating. Look forward to reading more.

Steve76 said:
But as I remember, it may turn out that I am an unbeliever because I am open to discussions that do not conform to another man's or group of men's so called spiritual enlightenment.
That implication was corrected. If I read correctly in another topic, you are a new believer. If that is the case, you would do well to steer clear believing the Bible talks about UFOs and spacecraft. Those supporting it have gone far beyond what the text actually says and inserted their own meaning into the text, which is the incorrect way to interpret the text. Stick to orthodox Christian teaching.

Are UFOs fascinating? Yes. Could they exist? Yes. Does the Bible speak of them? No. Does God fly around in a spacecraft and will Jesus return in a spacecraft? Absolutely not. That is utter poppycock.

Orion said:
Why place such a HUMAN thing in a spiritual realm
How is a throne "such a HUMAN thing"?

Free said:
Steve76 said:
But as I remember, it may turn out that I am an unbeliever because I am open to discussions that do not conform to another man's or group of men's so called spiritual enlightenment.
That implication was corrected. If I read correctly in another topic, you are a new believer. If that is the case, you would do well to steer clear believing the Bible talks about UFOs and spacecraft. Those supporting it have gone far beyond what the text actually says and inserted their own meaning into the text, which is the incorrect way to interpret the text. Stick to orthodox Christian teaching.

Are UFOs fascinating? Yes. Could they exist? Yes. Does the Bible speak of them? No. Does God fly around in a spacecraft and will Jesus return in a spacecraft? Absolutely not. That is utter poppycock.

Orion said:
Why place such a HUMAN thing in a spiritual realm
How is a throne "such a HUMAN thing"?
I respect your opinion and thank you for not being vain. You say does the Bible speak of UFOs? No.
Well, I choose to remain open on the subject because there are descriptions of things that are unidentifiable
in the Bible and some of the descriptions are similar to modern objects in our skies that are classed as UFOs.
I never said God flies around in a spacecraft or Jesus will return in one so you like others on here are assuming things about me, yet again. Orthodox or not, I will listen to no man and stand strong in the face of adversity. I like to keep an open mind when I discuss things of interest and like I said before, if being like you, to know the whole truth about everything, so that you need not look at and discuss things that are intriguing then I cannot wait to get to that point in my relationship with the Lord and I bow down to your absolute wisdom. :clap

Thank you for the question, Free. I see it as a HUMAN thing because it IS. Humanity, for millenia, have placed earthly concepts to that which is spiritual. "God's breath", "God's mighty arm", "Sitting at the right hand of the father", and so on. But would there be a need for a physical piece of furnature in a spiritual realm? I don't believe so, myself. It can be stated that such things are only metaphorical, . . . but then that opens a different can of worms, . . . for another thread. :)

Also, given the state of the Church these days and of the world that it does not help enough, it would be wise for me to steer clear of so called Orthodox Christian teaching as all I see is division and deceit, denominations and lies, pride and glory and total complacency.

I may be a new Believer but I am also very passionate about my Saviour and I get up and face the lost everyweek and share with them my Testimony in the steets and hey, it works because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

We all know how Jesus felt about the Orthodox Church when He was around and I wonder whether Jesus would be so harsh on me if I asked Him whether there were any unidentified flying objects around when He was preaching the Word?

Steve76 said:
So, back to the main theme of this topic, re UFOs in the Bible..and we thank God that we discuss these things that have interested so many since the scriptures containing them were written.

Check out:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#1KSY1V/ww ... /art.html/
The scriptures speak nothing of UFO's.

And regarding the Nephilim that sound eerly like some kind of xenogenesis, check out these pics!

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/giants.htm
Photoshop.

Steve76 said:
Free said:
Steve76 said:

I respect your opinion and thank you for not being vain. You say does the Bible speak of UFOs? No.
Well, I choose to remain open on the subject because there are descriptions of things that are unidentifiable
in the Bible and some of the descriptions are similar to modern objects in our skies that are classed as UFOs.
I never said God flies around in a spacecraft or Jesus will return in one so you like others on here are assuming things about me, yet again. Orthodox or not, I will listen to no man and stand strong in the face of adversity. I like to keep an open mind when I discuss things of interest and like I said before, if being like you, to know the whole truth about everything, so that you need not look at and discuss things that are intriguing then I cannot wait to get to that point in my relationship with the Lord and I bow down to your absolute wisdom. :clap
I have assumed nothing about you and neither have I suggested that you stated God flies around in UFOs. That was posted by someone else. I was just making a statement regarding those claims and how it relates to Scripture and orthodox Christianity.

Don't you think it would be best to not call others' replies vain if you are going to use such sarcasm nor complain of others making assumptions about you if you are doing the same to others?

Steve76 said:
Also, given the state of the Church these days and of the world that it does not help enough, it would be wise for me to steer clear of so called Orthodox Christian teaching as all I see is division and deceit, denominations and lies, pride and glory and total complacency.
Those are some very broad generalizations. I suppose you go to a "non-denominational" church. Isn't that just one more division? :gah You are a new Christian and I respect the fact that you may not realize the necessity for orthodox teaching. Is the Church perfect? Of course not. But that is no excuse to do away with proper teaching and belief.

Failing to heed orthodox Christian teaching is one of the big reasons Christianity is in the mess it is in and false teaching is one of the greatest causes of division and is severely warned against throughout the NT. To say that the Bible speaks of UFOs is to go beyond what is stated in Scripture. To say for certain that God and Jesus fly around in spacecraft is false. The methods being employed to prove such using Scripture are proof-texting and eisegesis. Not at all proper ways to get to the meaning of Scripture.

Steve76 said:
We all know how Jesus felt about the Orthodox Church when He was around and I wonder whether Jesus would be so harsh on me if I asked Him whether there were any unidentified flying objects around when He was preaching the Word?
There was no orthodox Church in Jesus' time so I assume you mean "the religious leaders" of his day. Yes, he was harsh on them and a one reason for it was because of all they added to the Law, all the false teaching. He warned greatly against false teachers and prophets.

Orion said:
Thank you for the question, Free. I see it as a HUMAN thing because it IS.
Where was the first throne room--the first king and kingdom?

Steve76 said:
I am the church and I listen to no man.
None? You don't listen to the insights of those more knowledgeable in scripture than you?

Back to the topic though, as our bodies are vehicles controlled by our minds and souls, it is interesting to note that God did indeed use a vehicle when He came in the flesh as our saviour and mediator Jesus Christ.
Our bodies are not 'vehicles' controlled by our minds and souls (this does sound very 'New Age frankly). Our bodies are compared to being 'temples' for the Spirit of God.

1Cr 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Free said:
Ooooo, I know! Mr. Kotteir, Ooooo, pick me! Ooooo! Ooooo! Ooooo! Mr. Kotteir, Ooooo, pick me!<----------RND doing His best Arnold Horshak.

RND said:
Free said:
Ooooo, I know! Mr. Kotteir, Ooooo, pick me! Ooooo! Ooooo! Ooooo! Mr. Kotteir, Ooooo, pick me!<----------RND doing His best Arnold Horshak.
:biglol Go ahead Arnold.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back