Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
seekandlisten said:
Free said:
shad said:
That's very true. However, the organized churches are clearly showing rotten fruit already. We know them by their fruit, friend. Jesus says to come out of Babylon.
That is an very broad generalization.

The spectrum of the "church" is fairly broad. It's very obvious to see through the history of the church the fruit it produced does not entirely align with God, in fact sometimes downright goes against what Jesus taught us. Now don't get me wrong, i don't write off the "church" as against God or we should avoid them, but if we attend a church we should do so cautiously with what they are teaching. If they are teaching the Truth, great, if they are teaching man-made doctrines well proceed with caution.

:yes Welcome to the forum Seek and Listen. It is good to have you with us. :wave

Free said:
shad said:
That's very true. However, the organized churches are clearly showing rotten fruit already. We know them by their fruit, friend. Jesus says to come out of Babylon.

The Bible is filled with generalization. Without generalizing you cannot evaluate anything, friend.

shad said:
Free said:
shad said:
The Bible is filled with generalization. Without generalizing you cannot evaluate anything, friend.
My point is that such a generalization is fallacious.

http://www.angelfire.com/ks2/fallacies/fallgen.htm

And not only that, your argument ignores the rotten fruit outside of "organized churches".

This topic is about UFOs. Let's get back on track.

Free said:

And not only that, your argument ignores the rotten fruit outside of "organized churches".
Just because something is "fallacious" doesn't mean it is untrue. You are not arguing with me, you're arguing with JESUS' words.

And I'm not talking about rotten fruit outside of church. The world is messed up, we don't have to argue about that.

shad said:
Free said:

Just because something is "fallacious" doesn't mean it is untrue. You are not arguing with me, you're arguing with JESUS' words.

And I'm not talking about rotten fruit outside of church. The world is messed up, we don't have to argue about that.
Yes, your argument is not true. No, I am not arguing with Jesus' words. And I am not talking about "the world."

Free said:
Yes, your argument is not true. No, I am not arguing with Jesus' words. And I am not talking about "the world."

Jesus says we know them by their fruit, I am observing that most churches' fruit are rotten. I guess your standard and mine are very different. I go by Jesus' standard. Their support of the military is an example of such fruit.

take care.

seekandlisten said:
Free said:
shad said:

The spectrum of the "church" is fairly broad. It's very obvious to see through the history of the church the fruit it produced does not entirely align with God, in fact sometimes downright goes against what Jesus taught us. Now don't get me wrong, i don't write off the "church" as against God or we should avoid them, but if we attend a church we should do so cautiously with what they are teaching. If they are teaching the Truth, great, if they are teaching man-made doctrines well proceed with caution.

We should go by their fruit rather than the doctrine. Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

shad said:
Free said:
Jesus says we know them by their fruit, I am observing that most churches' fruit are rotten. I guess your standard and mine are very different. I go by Jesus' standard. Their support of the military is an example of such fruit.

take care.
If you are going to debate with people, please address the arguments actually being made. You clearly are not understanding what I have been saying.

No more about this. This is about UFOs...and how there is no evidence of them in Scripture.

this exploded when i first put it up now its kind of dried up like a watering hole. well if anyone comes back here does anyone have an opinion when Moses would meet with GOD hidden from view due to the clouds? I try and visualize myself back in this time, just picture Afghanistan or some of these other countries where time has stopped.

harry1 said:
This is a serious topic and not a joke. I am by no means trying to stir up a controversial subject
I am posting this to see and gather other perspective and opinions. I had a UFO experience back in the early 1990s where a friend of mine and I witnessed one. I am 100 percent sure of this not being a regular aircraft of any kind, due to what it did and how it behaved. What does this have to do with the topic? Several things. I had an experience and so have hundreds of thousands of documented, photographed, and videotaped UFOs. They range from astronauts, police officers, military, commercial pilots and just plain ordinary pilots. Is it possible that the people who lived in those times were doing the best they could to explain what they observed? If we flew a helicopter back then how would they describe it?

There are some that can be explained but the unexplained outweigh the explained hands down. I believe the bible shows us them. I am not going to cut and paste every single verse I will put the Bible Book up so each person can read and make their own conclusion.

The two big ones are Exodus and Ezekiel then there is mention in Genesis, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I have been a Christian since the early 1990s BUT I can't ignore this subject anymore. Please keep this a friendly posting

thank you

Ezekiel 1 makes it very clear that God has a vehicle,,,and the shape of that vehicle is a round circular disc......
SO I would say there is a such thing as a UFO,,,but its to "unidentified" to God....

(THE) said:
Ezekiel 1 makes it very clear that God has a vehicle,,,and the shape of that vehicle is a round circular disc......
SO I would say there is a such thing as a UFO,,,but its to "unidentified" to God....
Wow! Fascinating stuff! Do tell more!

harry1 said:
Not sure who posted it but when we talk about the Bible and interpretation of what is being read. How do we know we have interpreted it right? The Ezekeil passages show a description of something they are unable to describe, so they do the best they can. Just like today when UFOs are seen the person viewing them tries the best they can to describe them, and we today with all our technology are struggling.

I have no doubt there are Hoaxes but the sheer number of reported sightings and by the credable witnesses is overwhelming. People are told they are crazy so how many legitamate sightings are there that DO not get reported.
I believe that was me, Harry. Some of the best scholars like Spurgeon and McAurthur did not go into great detail because they admit(ed) they did not fully understand the imagery. Spurgeon said this:

The prophet Ezekiel has been telling us many remarkable things which I shall not attempt to explain to you; and my chief reason for not doing so is the fact that I do not understand them.

I honestly believe we do a great injustice to passages like this one when we lack understanding and interject contemporary thought, ignoring what this may have meant in Hebrew and written by a Hebrew writer. The prophets and visionaries 2,500 years ago used used imagery that meant something to them, but means little to us without the understanding of their writing style, history and culture.

Here are some guidelines I found:

GUIDELINES FOR INTERPRETATION OF VISIONS

1. Seek to understand the major idea presented through the vision and do not dwell on minutiae. This guideline is underscored in the second principle.

2. Follow the divine interpretations normally accompanying the visions. These divine interpretations concentrate on the overall concept rather than on details. (In Ezekiel's first vision, this divine interpretation is stated in 1:28 - God and His glory.)

3. Be keenly aware of parallel passages and the harmony of Scripture, since the prophets normally sought to apply past revelations of God to their contemporary situations. The general prophetic message among the prophets is essentially the same.

4. Use the same approach with the symbols and imagery of visionary literature as used with figurative language. Thus symbols and imagery are properly understood as figures and are not to be taken literally.

# 4 is most important.

They are from this link and is worth checking out the whole page.

http://www.preceptaustin.org/ezekiel_11-14.htm

The noted commentator, Adam Clarke, did a good job putting this passage in it's proper historical context.

http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view. ... hapter=001

Also note that the best teachers and scholars do not see this as a vision which refers to UFOs. That thought is just not entertained by most scholars and Bible students alike.

RND said:
(THE) said:

I can't help but notice your tag line each time you answer one of our brothers in Christ with your sweet and Christian-like comments....

• "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

I would say you are presently at stage two, perhaps still lagging at stage one, where this topic is concerned. :biggrin

whirlwind said:
I can't help but notice your tag line each time you answer one of our brothers in Christ with your sweet and Christian-like comments....

• "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860
Well, I suppose that it would be kinda hard not to notice since it appears with every post I make.

I would say you are presently at stage two, perhaps still lagging at stage one, where this topic is concerned. :biggrin
Well, I suppose that is why they are called opinions then - right? Tell me, how am I "violently opposing" anything that scripture offers with respect to Ezekiel 1? I think what I am opposing is the nonsensical assumption that people are making about Ezekiel 1 because they fail to offer any evidence to the contrary about what Ezekiel is describing.

It seems to me we have reached an impasse. A "does not/does too" form of arguing. The stuff of seven year-old's.

RND said:
whirlwind said:

Well, I suppose that it would be kinda hard not to notice since it appears with every post I make.

Well, I suppose that is why they are called opinions then - right? Tell me, how am I "violently opposing" anything that scripture offers with respect to Ezekiel 1? I think what I am opposing is the nonsensical assumption that people are making about Ezekiel 1 because they fail to offer any evidence to the contrary about what Ezekiel is describing.

It seems to me we have reached an impasse. A "does not/does too" form of arguing. The stuff of seven year-old's.

:biggrin

RND said:
(THE) said:

Alright,,,,,I havent been thru the whole thread,,,and theres really not much to tell.....

Ezekiel 1:4 "And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire,"

"fire infolding itself" is simply a way of saying "light" or flashing lights"

The word "Amber" in the Hebrew is"glowing metal". Strong's Hebrew dictionary, # 2830 says; "bronze, or polished spectrum metal".

Ezekiel 1:5 "Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man."

SO we see wherever this flashing,,polished piece of metal goes,,,we have the the "Protecting cherubs" (Zoe) that watch over the throne of God..........,

Ezekiel 1:6 "And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings."

Ezekiel 1:7 "And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot; and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass."

Ezekiel 1:8 "And they had the hands of a man under their wings and their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings."

Ezekiel 1:9 "Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward."

What Ezekiel seems to being trying to describe is is a flying vehicle and attahed to the vehicle is the Zoe......Wherever it goes they go it does not turn when it goes it just goes....The (Zoe) dont even look where they go they just go..........

This is a small peice of what scripture has to offer concerning this highly polished bronze vehilce.....

When can continue and touch on the people that were seen inside this object,,,and the "landing gear"...

(THE) said:
Alright,,,,,I havent been thru the whole thread,,,and theres really not much to tell.....
Wow, your style is very similar to another poster that posted here but I think was recently banned I think. Remarkable.

Maybe you should take the time to pursue the thread and give us your take on all the parts of the Bible that specifically reference spaceships or UFO's.

Or it is a description of God appearing as a "pilar of fire."

The word "Amber" in the Hebrew is"glowing metal". Strong's Hebrew dictionary, # 2830 says; "bronze, or polished spectrum metal".
This has a direct reference to other parts of scripture that describe Jesus Christ , 'the Ancient of days."

Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Dan 7:9 ¶ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

Eze 1:7 And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

SO we see wherever this flashing,,polished piece of metal goes,,,we have the the "Protecting cherubs" (Zoe) that watch over the throne of God..........,
Which alludes to the two cherubim that were atop of the Ark of the Covenant which is symbolic of the throne of God.

1Ki 8:7 For the cherubims spread forth [their] two wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubims covered the ark and the staves thereof above.

What Ezekiel seems to being trying to describe is is a flying vehicle and attahed to the vehicle is the Zoe......Wherever it goes they go it does not turn when it goes it just goes....The (Zoe) dont even look where they go they just go..........
In relationship to the "four faces" Ezekiel is specifically describing the tribues of Israel - see numbers 2.

This is a small peice of what scripture has to offer concerning this highly polished bronze vehilce.....
This small peice of scripture is the words of a man describing the indescribable.

When can continue and touch on the people that were seen inside this object,,,and the "landing gear"...
:lol You need to lay off the late night Burrito Supreme's.

Now RND, aren't you just thrilled you asked? :lol

I know how difficult it may be for some of you to break away from your attempts to write a new episode of The Twilight Zone :biggrin just to read the Adam Clarke commentary at the link I posted above, so I will post his summary:

I have endeavoured to explain these appearances as correctly as possible; to show their forms, positions, colours, explain their meaning. We have conjectures in abundance; and can it be of any use to mankind to increase the number of those conjectures? I think not. I doubt whether the whole does not point out the state of the Jews, who were about to be subdued by Nebuchadnezzar, and carried into captivity.

And I am inclined to think that the "living creatures, wheels, fires, whirlwinds," which are introduced here, point out, emblematically, the various means, sword, fire, pestilence, famine, in their destruction; and that God appears in all this to show that Nebuchadnezzar is only his instrument to inflict all these calamities.

What is in the following chapter appears to me to confirm this supposition. But we have the rainbow, the token of God's covenant, to show that though there should be a destruction of the city, temple, yet there should not be a total ruin; after a long captivity they should be restored. The rainbow is an illustrious token of mercy and love.

RND said:
(THE) said:
Wow, your style is very similar to another poster that posted here but I think was recently banned I think. Remarkable.

Maybe you should take the time to pursue the thread and give us your take on all the parts of the Bible that specifically reference spaceships or UFO's.

Or it is a description of God appearing as a "pilar of fire."

[quote:1gu63f6a]The word "Amber" in the Hebrew is"glowing metal". Strong's Hebrew dictionary, # 2830 says; "bronze, or polished spectrum metal".
This has a direct reference to other parts of scripture that describe Jesus Christ , 'the Ancient of days."

Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Dan 7:9 ¶ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

Eze 1:7 And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

Which alludes to the two cherubim that were atop of the Ark of the Covenant which is symbolic of the throne of God.

1Ki 8:7 For the cherubims spread forth [their] two wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubims covered the ark and the staves thereof above.

In relationship to the "four faces" Ezekiel is specifically describing the tribues of Israel - see numbers 2.

This small peice of scripture is the words of a man describing the indescribable.

:lol You need to lay off the late night Burrito Supreme's.[/quote:1gu63f6a]

Banned??????or a simple upgrade?????????

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back