Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Valentine

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Valentine! Valentine?

I think its a lovely day. A day of expressing love to all (not necessarily romantically either). I think that v-day should be "practiced" everyday with this notion of showing your love to others.

1cor13:4-8 [amp]
4Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
6 It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
8 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].

Check out this awesomely comical video: 3 Reasons why she might not love you...
http://stepouttime.com/3-reasons-why-she-might-refuse-to-love-you.html/

Okay, so for Thursday, Valentines, I settled on buying the following for my wife:

Flowers, chocolates, a book, and a restaurant gift card. (We'll figure what to do about a meal, whether to use the gift card or go some place else....)

I think its a lovely day. A day of expressing love to all (not necessarily romantically either). I think that v-day should be "practiced" everyday with this notion of showing your love to others.

1cor13:4-8 [amp]
4Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
6 It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
8 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].

Check out this awesomely comical video: 3 Reasons why she might not love you...
http://stepouttime.com/3-reasons-why-she-might-refuse-to-love-you.html/

Thanks and welcome to CF.net:biggrin:wave

Okay, so for Thursday, Valentines, I settled on buying the following for my wife:

Flowers, chocolates, a book, and a restaurant gift card. (We'll figure what to do about a meal, whether to use the gift card or go some place else....)

What she wants is obvious: go some place:lol

:thumbsup

Usually I go to the Valentine's party by the homeschool group, but this year I didn't. I feel awkward considering all of the kids there are way younger than me. Usually no other teenagers are there.

My brother and I bought our mom a locket with a picture of her and our dad. Despite our efforts to keep it secret, she ended up finding out we had something planned to give to her. But she doesn't know what, so...:)

:lol You're probably too far away, so you are safe.

:lol I gues 'head roll' is one of your jocular word...depicting irony.

Good thing is, we all match down to Camp Nou each one of us with his/her val.

Time to celebrate. I wish I could share those val messaeges here.:lol

Classik: I just asked her if she wanted to go to NY and she said no. ... :):biggrinunno

We'll do what she wants...

Yeah! You have to do what she wants...perhaps you didn't choose the best place. Camp Nou could be perfect for this val thing.

(I see you are a loving husband)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back