Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Video Games Sinful?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Oh and btw, I was looking up all the Harry Potter houses and their traits and it looks like my personality would be fit better for Hufflepuff. (If it was actually real of course.)

I agree, there's just a difference to me of having Jesus always be with you versus constantly having your nose in a book even if it's the Bible.

But you can not make this a vs thing because the Word is the primary way that the Lord speaks to us. So they go together in a fundemental way.

I agree with the first part. I don't leave my house without inviting the Lord to go with me! (Who can stand against us if God is with us!).

Video games are actually a good way to keep the mind sharp as you age and can help slow the development of Alzheimers. Most of them involve puzzle solving of some kind, as well as hand/eye coordination.

Also, looking at my old posts in this thread where I describe having an obsessive/addictive personality? Turns out that's also an ADHD trait referred to as "hyperfixations", where you develop an extra intense fixation in anything you develop an interest in. Also a trait of autism.
Which is something that could be good or bad. The ability to have intense passion for the things I'm interested in can also apply to Christianity.

Last edited:
Back