Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Views on Taxation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Imagine how much less a car would be without all the options you don't really need, such as .
Air Conditioning
Automatic Transmission
Power windows and locks
Airbags( get em where you want them or not !) Takata airbag recall !
Power seats

I have drove cars with the only installed option was a heater :lol .
I don't disagree,airbags ,like seat belts and the tpms and I think abs are mandated.

I can't find parts for my old Nissan and I couldn't drive it in many states because of safety but not drivable issues.ie air bag and park brake cable

Apparently they going to shut down 3000 dutch farmers to comply with EU emissions standards.

Soon they all be complaining sitting around a candle trying to keep warm with no food in the fridge.

Dutch farmers are the most advanced in the world. No farmers no food.

I don't disagree,airbags ,like seat belts and the tpms and I think abs are mandated.

I can't find parts for my old Nissan and I couldn't drive it in many states because of safety but not drivable issues.ie air bag and park brake cable
I will have to say I need ABS because of people pulling out in front of me , crazy drivers , more of those since covid IMO .
Sad about the Nissan , they do make universal park brake cable kits but the airbag is a tough one . Junkyard only I guess .

I will have to say I need ABS because of people pulling out in front of me , crazy drivers , more of those since covid IMO .
Sad about the Nissan , they do make universal park brake cable kits but the airbag is a tough one . Junkyard only I guess .
I could repair it just have to get it scanned and see what it is.i usually don't touch srs because of liability and most of the time body shops are needed.

I could repair it just have to get it scanned and see what it is.i usually don't touch srs because of liability and most of the time body shops are needed.
I have took steering wheels off the last one was a 1987 Nissan 300z , no airbag though . Don't blame you on the SRS , not my area of expertise either .

Because of inflation I know this from my mom who has enough to live but not enough to fix her house that despite all that we do .we may not save enough.

Her roof was repaired six months after dad died. She didn't have that money it was a charity
I think this is where both charity and the church comes in. Putting a roof on an elderly home shouldn’t be the governments role IMHO.

Imagine how much less a car would be without all the options you don't really need, such as .
Air Conditioning
Automatic Transmission
Power windows and locks
Airbags( get em where you want them or not !) Takata airbag recall !
Power seats

I have drove cars with the only installed option was a heater :lol .
First, airbags are mandatory as are many other safety items, like antilock brakes etc. these items actually save money.

As far as the rest of what your saying, they sell more fully loaded cars than they do base models. Here is how you need to think about this.

Somebody leases a new fully loaded 40k car and returns it in premium condition with let’s say 18,000 miles.

They put the car for sale at 30k.

The competition offers a new stripped down version for 30k.

What do most people purchase? Do they purchase a stripped down model for 30k or do the buy the competitions used car with the deluxe package and full warranty for 30k?

The data shows the customer will opt for the low mileage used car with the premium package and full warranty the overwhelming majority of the time.

"The largest source of Biden’s funding that can be used for abortions is the $350 billion in funds for state and local governments to respond to the COVID-19 public health emergency
Hi hawkman

Yes, but wouldn't that mean that the states are using the money to fund abortions if such money is used for that purpose. And that of course begs the question as to whether or not your complaint is valid. Did they? While a law may allow that some funds 'can' be used for certain purposes doesn't mean that it ever was.

I mean, just because the federal gov. puts a pot of money out to a state for emergency assistance, and no one bothers to put some limitation on how those funds can be used, doesn't mean that they were used that way. And again, if they were, that's the particular state's issue.

Personally, I think you're making a biiiiiig stretch to say that you can prove the federal government is funding abortions because they give emergency funds to states without putting in some specific limitation that the funds can't be used for abortions. Ehhhhhh! That's not a very valid argument from where I stand.

Again, the argument is fairly circuitous here. The thought process being that because the federal government provides money for strictly non-abortive services, then that leaves any other monies that the organization might have. So now we find that for some, even if the abortion restriction had been put into place, that still wouldn't have satisfied their blood thirst because whatever money the federal government gave them frees up other monies for abortion services. So, in our first example, even if the emergency bill had placed a limitation on the use of the funds, by the organization using the funds for the non-abortive services, well they were still freeing up other monies for abortion services.

I wouldn't convict on it, but who knows.

God bless,
Ted

God bless,
Ted

What happened to being responsible and living below your means?
Hi stovebolts
What!!? Have you been asleep for the last 50 years? American greed and capitalism 'happened'. Since the beginning of debt, the only people who wanted to live financially responsibly and below their means has always been a minority of the people. Most people want what they want and they want it now!!! The very beginning of the credit card and retail debt model seeks to provide a way for people to have more than they can afford. How do we expect anyone to understand your model when every other support post in our retail stores touts how easy it is to get a credit card for all that christmas shopping. You'll get 10% off your order today if you open up one of our branded credit cards.

For that small minority of people who do live by the model of financial responsibility and below their means, they usually have a fairly satisfactory life. But our capitalistic business model makes living under such strictures less and less inviting. It's just like the punk that sees the flashy drug dealer making lots of money and so he sets himself to follow the example of the drug dealer. And that's not going to get better. But so to, when someone sees all the 'stuff' the neighbor has, it's hard to not want to keep up.

God bless,
Ted

Hi stovebolts
What!!? Have you been asleep for the last 50 years? American greed and capitalism 'happened'. Since the beginning of debt, the only people who wanted to live financially responsibly and below their means has always been a minority of the people. Most people want what they want and they want it now!!! The very beginning of the credit card and retail debt model seeks to provide a way for people to have more than they can afford. How do we expect anyone to understand your model when every other support post in our retail stores touts how easy it is to get a credit card for all that christmas shopping. You'll get 10% off your order today if you open up one of our branded credit cards.

For that small minority of people who do live by the model of financial responsibility and below their means, they usually have a fairly satisfactory life. But our capitalistic business model makes living under such strictures less and less inviting. It's just like the punk that sees the flashy drug dealer making lots of money and so he sets himself to follow the example of the drug dealer. And that's not going to get better. But so to, when someone sees all the 'stuff' the neighbor has, it's hard to not want to keep up.

God bless,
Ted
Exactly. Which brings me back to this point.

If somebody is not being financially responsible when it comes to their retirement, then why should the minority of us who are trying to be responsible give our hard earned and saved cash to those who didn’t.

Listen, I don’t like to see others suffer for their short comings. But sometimes you have to let them feel that pain before others will change their corse.

Want to go a little hungry whe you retire? Then count on your SS and a bridge card as your primary retirement income. And every time your tummy growls, think about all that needless bling you spent when you were flush with cash.

I’m not trying to be mean. I know I am targeting a general segment of the population and there are exceptions.

Until
First, airbags are mandatory as are many other safety items, like antilock brakes etc. these items actually save money.

As far as the rest of what your saying, they sell more fully loaded cars than they do base models. Here is how you need to think about this.

Somebody leases a new fully loaded 40k car and returns it in premium condition with let’s say 18,000 miles.

What do most people purchase? Do they purchase a stripped down model for 30k or do the buy the competitions used car with the deluxe package and full warranty for 30k?

The data shows the customer will opt for the low mileage used car with the premium package and full warranty the overwhelming majority of the time.
Until Like dodge it's a big junk car that isn't driveable nor fixable .

Imagine paying 1600 for alternator when it kills the ecm
.there is no law in Florida to actually keep abs and the srs fixed.

That's why I don't want the buzzers and they make it so expensive to pull apart and cheaply built.

Agm batteries aren't cheap ,say about three hundred doing it myself .you can't swap them out ,efb are even higher .

Dodge knowingly sells junk .no local mechanic says those are awesome cars only they keep the shop running

Exactly. Which brings me back to this point.

If somebody is not being financially responsible when it comes to their retirement, then why should the minority of us who are trying to be responsible give our hard earned and saved cash to those who didn’t.

Listen, I don’t like to see others suffer for their short comings. But sometimes you have to let them feel that pain before others will change their corse.

Want to go a little hungry whe you retire? Then count on your SS and a bridge card as your primary retirement income. And every time your tummy growls, think about all that needless bling you spent when you were flush with cash.

I’m not trying to be mean. I know I am targeting a general segment of the population and there are exceptions.
The saying is ,if your friend jumps off a cliff ..

Last night I had the sirloin steak. Tonight I'm going for the smokey BBQ Texas style beef ribs. Then i will have a cup of coffee with milk and relax. All thanks to our great farmers.

Of course both the dealers and manufacturers want to sell the loaded models , more money for all involved .
Sure I understand most people want the gizmos, base models are almost impossible to find anyway .
I did not own a car with an airbag till about 2011 . The one accident I had in over 30 years of driving before 2011 would not have deployed the airbag if so equipped, IMO . Uncle gives us no choice on airbags .
I like ABS for the most part until it breaks :crying big bucks sometimes .
I understand the need for ABS (former pickup truck owner :biggrin2) . Wet pavement also .
Maybe I should drive NASCAR , no airbags or abs and you shift the gears yourself :lol .

Of course both the dealers and manufacturers want to sell the loaded models , more money for all involved .
Sure I understand most people want the gizmos, base models are almost impossible to find anyway .

I did not own a car with an airbag till about 2011 . The one accident I had in over 30 years of driving before 2011 would not have deployed the airbag if so equipped, IMO . Uncle gives us no choice on airbags .
I like ABS for the most part until it breaks :crying big bucks sometimes .
I understand the need for ABS (former pickup truck owner :biggrin2) . Wet pavement also .
Maybe I should drive NASCAR , no airbags or abs and you shift the gears yourself :lol .
Yeah, these modern cars are safer than what we grew up driving. Four wheel drum brakes, no anti lock etc. we had to actually drive them! Nowadays they can stay in their own lane and if you switch lanes without the turn signal it gives resistance just in case you didn’t mean to wander into the wrong lane. They even parallel park themselves! Kinda cool imo.

I think this is where both charity and the church comes in. Putting a roof on an elderly home shouldn’t be the governments role IMHO.
That put me to thinking . Wouldn't putting a roof on be cheaper than paying section 8 housing for someone ? But would our gov think that way ? :chin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back