Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Walking on Water

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
Emoji devotion for Wed 16th December, 2020

Topic: Walking on water

Highlights: Matthew 14:28-29✓

Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

The God I know exists is the kind of a God who will do what he says he'll do.
"Lord if it's you, Peter replied, tell me to come to you on the water. "Come" he said. The frequency of Peter's faith did not begin with passion to tryout walking on water, he believed in what Jesus will say. John 1:1. The divine knowledge Peter exercise was to seek approval from Jesus by hearing him say "come". When the Lord Jesus said "come" he moved immediately.

I want you to know today that you do not need to convince yourself about Jesus. Just believe in his words. When Peter was trying to convince himself and was working on maintaining his balance when he saw the wind, things changed immediately as he would have lost his faith. Thank God he cried out "Lord save me". Even if your faith is not strong enough, let your prayer be strong.

Jesus Christ says that man must either pray or faint, one or the other. Because it is Jesus Christ who says this, I believe him. Believe in Jesus today fo your salvation. Matthew 14:33

Prayer: Jesus the son of God I believe in you. Bid me to walk on waters of life and never sink, give me a strong faith that is never distracted and prove yourself as a great God in my life. Amen

(Some references were taken from Ray Steadman daily devotional for 15th, December,2020)

Back