Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Warning: Hemp-Based Foods

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Every plant has it's purpose. I believe hemp is very useful for textiles, but not to be ingested. Poisonous berries shouldn't be ingested, correct? They are indeed plants.

I agree with you there, it is a God given plant that has many benefits.

Natural weed is more healthy than any synthetic pills doctors prescribes.

I agree with you there, it is a God given plant that has many benefits.

Natural weed is more healthy than any synthetic pills doctors prescribes.
I don't support the use of "medicinal" marijuana. I believe it's only valid use is in textiles--fabrics, rope, etc. Not to be taken into the human body. There are better alternatives for medicine. Most folks who advocate for medicinal marijuana in my experience have an ulterior motive--"recreational" use.

Thanks for the heads up Barth.

I don't smoke or ingest recreational drugs ( accept healthy amounts of caffeine) because I'm just not interested. However I have also been a person who just doesn't care what other people do with their time. As long as they aren't destroying society or hurting me/ my loved ones. I used to drive myself crazy trying to get people to do what I want, but it usually just causes stress that can take a huge toll on yourself.

There are exception of course, murder, rape, theft, slander, basically anything that violates a person's own rights. So when asked about the whole weed scenario I just want to legalize it because I don't think its anyone's business what people do. Unless they are working for someone or being taken care of by someone, then that is a different scenario.

Last edited:
WARNING: according to this website below, which *supports* the use of hemp, it actually can contain as much as a third of the THC that is actually in marijuana. In my opinion, hemp-based foods should be avoided as much as possible.

http://hempethics.weebly.com/industrial-hemp-vs-cannabis.html

I do organic hemp seeds in a daily concoction. Nothing but seeds. Pretty sure Costco, where I buy them, would get busted if they were selling THC laced organic hemp seeds.

I think medicinal marijuana can be a viable alternative to, say, pain killers, benzodiazepines, antidepressants, sleeping pills...or at least help the Rx drugs work more effectively (and at lower doses, I would think).

I think medicinal marijuana can be a viable alternative to, say, pain killers, benzodiazepines, antidepressants, sleeping pills...or at least help the Rx drugs work more effectively (and at lower doses, I would think).
I disagree,Shoukd we allow a pilot to fly while high from pot after a tooth extraction?

I see little if any difference between alcohol, pot or prescription meds that mood alter, except 2 out of the 3 can be addictive and it's not the pot.
So if pot works and affects your pain as well as oxyxcotin.then amputations Shoukd be done with pot .the patient isn't restrained nor given a nerve blocker.pot has its uses but for me as I have been near users.I get an immediate reaction from my asthma.I have taken oxy for my tooth ache dI'd nothing but stop my pain.back surgeries require greater amount of pain meds. Pot or a never blocker for those surgeries. Pot has some uses but not in all cases but don't assume there's no greed in naturalist ideas there are.I have been informed.who would ensure what you get is decent and only pot? My wife smoked that said it's only after you smoke can you be sure.so if I put acetone on the leaves. You smoke it.then it's too late. Any regulatory body is subject to corruption.

I have heard some chiropractors will not give you the exercises that can reduce or stop the need for a visit.suprise.they loose money if you aren't in pain.

you'd rather him be on a high dose of Vicodin?
I take pain meds when I must .but I have friends who have major back issues. I gave neck issues daily.only when it's intolerable do I take motrin.smoking pot ,the thc causes cancer.thc 9.so yes what a trade off.6 bucks for a month or more for my pain to one or two hits at the price 50 bucks or more.motrin wins.

So if pot works and affects your pain as well as oxyxcotin.then amputations Shoukd be done with pot

I have a very close friend, Nam vet. Leg amputee. He was on prescription meds for phantom pains. They were excruciating pains. Meds never worked, except he didn't like the effects they had on his thinking. He even got irritation in his ankle joint when the barometric pressure changed, in an ankle that wasn't even there. You know this is a common phenomena, right? You've been around enough vets to know this.

Anyway, he got a medical pot prescription for it. Gone. And, he's a much happier person because of it.

I also have a buddy who has a medical grow/retail facility in another state. They sell quite a bit of cbd oil for kids who have epilepsy. It is apparently very effective. I'd say highly but it's in bad taste. They actually make some that has only cbd, not the thc which is the part the makes people high.

Though I'm not a user, I have no issues with it. If the "official" government line and the big pharma line is against anything, I'll always be looking the other way for the real answers. We've just had this non-pot thing drilled into our heads by the government propaganda for so long most people don't realize they've just been pawned by it and can't think for themselves.

Who is your dentist???
Most given 50 MG of oxytocin for tooth extractions ,or any large work.it says on the. Notes not to drive,or work with machinery. When I had my tooth pulled my wife had to be there to drive me home.when my wife had her tooth pulled she was put under. My wife has an oil filter fir a liver and oxytocin has minimums effects on her as she in one night to get to sleep.taken pot, half a bottle of sleep meds,two nyquil.other meds on the top of that and didn't die.my wife doctor showed all that but the pot use.drugs work differently. I work with man who hits oxy and is out there but is able to drive.he gets loopy more from his sugar lows then the oxy.

Really what is a nerve blocker.it's kills the nerve .it means that you can amputate the arm .the guy wouldby feel it.my wife has smoked pot.she has never said it's like that. She HAS Had SURGERIes.Pot IsNT Able To Dull NERVES .THAT Was NWRVE BLOCKERS do.They Kill THE NERVES WoNT Move NOR Register pain.For A Period Twelve hours.PLEASE I'm Anti Pot For REVREATIONAL USE BuT YOUR InsultING My intellegence.I HAVE Had VISIons Of My Wife FRom AFGHANISTAN. With whom,THE Times .So I Know THE Effects Of It AND It's Good AND Bad.I also votes no on my state we had a man from Vermont ,a billionaire who said he planned to make pot legal in all 50 and close out all the local growers.he would be the only producer.sounds like big tobacco Pharma to me.

my state we had a man from Vermont ,a billionaire who said he planned to make pot legal in all 50 and close out all the local growers.he would be the only producer.sounds like big tobacco Pharma to me.

No doubt it's big biz in the making. My buddy has been offered millions with an S for his biz already. He's getting ready to cash out soon.

WARNING: according to this website below, which *supports* the use of hemp, it actually can contain as much as a third of the THC that is actually in marijuana. In my opinion, hemp-based foods should be avoided as much as possible.

http://hempethics.weebly.com/industrial-hemp-vs-cannabis.html
You don't advise it because you are concerned that someone may get high?

"Industrial hemp contains only about 0.3% - 1.5% THC (Tetrahydrocannabinoids, the intoxicating ingredients that make you high) while marijuana contains about 5% - 10% or more THC."
I see little if any difference between alcohol, pot or prescription meds that mood alter, except 2 out of the 3 can be addictive and it's not the pot.
I'm not sure that the newer strains are not addictive, the THC content is much higher than it used to be.
But your friend could tell you more about that.
Psychologically it is addicting for sure, but then many things are.
They sell quite a bit of cbd oil for kids who have epilepsy. It is apparently very effective. I'd say highly but it's in bad taste. They actually make some that has only cbd, not the thc which is the part the makes people high.
There is a family here in Colorado where this is the case. Their little girl kept getting worse and worse no matter what the doctors tried. She was up to having several seizures an hour. Her parents tried the cbd oil and it has made a huge difference. She and they actually have a life now.

Back