Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Was Eve not created in God's image?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Adam is made in the image of God. Eve is made directly out of Adam. Therefore Eve is also made after the similitude of the image of God. For this cause, the sons of Adam are also, by virtue of their origin made in the image of God. All who have ever lived including Eve came from Adam who was in the image of God.

The image of God is that of a living soul. Man has what animals do not. You and I are of a living soul. Eve was no different.

Mysteryman said:
No, Eve was not created ! She was made.

Please explain the difference... And if you don't mind, I would ask you to use a book that we all can accept that is used for the purpose of defining the meaning of a word, please...

jasoncran said:
name one female spirit or angel. in the references to the time of gathering of saints paul mentions that will be like the lord, is the lord a male or female? and name me one female angel or spirit.

Genesis 1:27 - "God created human beings in his own image; in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.†(Revised English Bible)

Can someone claim 'God' has a gender? I find when someone does state that 'God' does it usually lines up with their own opinions to who is superior when it comes to males and females.

Zechariah 5:9 speaks of 2 women with wings.

cheers

seekandlisten said:
jasoncran said:
name one female spirit or angel. in the references to the time of gathering of saints paul mentions that will be like the lord, is the lord a male or female? and name me one female angel or spirit.

Genesis 1:27 - "God created human beings in his own image; in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.†(Revised English Bible)

Can someone claim 'God' has a gender? I find when someone does state that 'God' does it usually lines up with their own opinions to who is superior when it comes to males and females.

Zechariah 5:9 speaks of 2 women with wings.

cheers

------------------------

The book of Zechariah the Prophet.

These two women are evil spirits. Those angelic spirits that were cast down, out from heaven. The woman that sits in the midst of the ephah is the great whore.

Mysteryman said:
These two women are evil spirits. Those angelic spirits that were cast down, out from heaven. The woman that sits in the midst of the ephah is the great whore.

So they were women 'angelic spirits' right?

cheers

seekandlisten said:
Mysteryman said:

cheers

-------------------------

Hi

Yes , they were devil spirits.

Mysteryman said:
seekandlisten said:
Mysteryman said:

cheers

-------------------------

Hi

Yes , they were devil spirits.

Well then, problem solved.

The question was asked -

name me one female angel or spirit

Which I pointed to Zechariah 5:9

You are in agreement that these are 'angelic spirits' so the question has then been answered. Now if you wish to go further and refer to them as 'devil spirits' that is entirely your right but not the purpose of me posting the passage.

cheers

zechariah 5:9 eh. if that was the case seekandlisten then jesus lied then, he did say that neither was given in marriage nor taken.

kinda cruel for a dead couple to still have feeling as a gender would imply but cant be married nor marry.

god has no gender , as he is a spirit. but i will look at zech 5:9 to see what that was.

jasoncran said:
zechariah 5:9 eh. if that was the case seekandlisten then jesus lied then, he did say that neither was given in marriage nor taken.

kinda cruel for a dead couple to still have feeling as a gender would imply but cant be married nor marry.

god has no gender , as he is a spirit. but i will look at zech 5:9 to see what that was.
i was right, not angels, but references to the wicked that carry god's judgment.

see the commentaries on that.

http://bible.cc/zechariah/5-9.htm

the bible does that with the visions of other nations in daniel and revalation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back