Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

Guardiola’s Barça end the year 2011 with 170 goals in all competitions

www.fcbarcelona.cat

The 9 goals scored against Hospitalet signified yet another record for Guardiola’s Barça team, asthey ended the year as the team from the Primera Division who have scored the most goals ever in a year

With the win on Thursday, Barça, in the last game of 2011, overtook Real Madrid, who have scored 167 goals.

Barça finished the year 2011 in style. The thrashing of Hospitalet, 9-0, signified yet another record for Guardiola's team, who appear to have no limit. On Thursday, goals from Pedro, Iniesta, Xavi, Thiago, Tello, and Cuenca, the latter three with 2 goals each, ended a year with 170 goals scored. It's an historical figure since until then a team from the Spanish League had never scored as many goals in the various official competitions,in the same calendar year. Before the Cup game it was Madrid who had scored most goals, a total of 167, exceeding the 154 goals that Barça had scored in 2010, but Barca still had the last word before the year ended, and with the 9 goals against Hospitalet, went ahead of Madrid.

Guardiola's biggest win

This is the biggest win since Guardiola took over the firstteam squad, beating the 8-0 thrashing of Almeria last season. To find the last Barça 9-0 win we have to go backto the 1978/79 season when they swept Rayo Vallecano aside.

Following are more details from the Spanish Cup match against Hospitalet:

- Cristian Tello, with 2, scored his first goals for the first team, which means that 18 different Barça players have scored this season.

- With 56,480 spectators, this was the biggest crowd in a return leg of the last 32 of the Spanish Cup in the Guardiola era.

- In the League and the Spanish Cup, Barça haven't conceded a single goal at home this season. Madrid, in the Spanish Super Cup, and AC Milan in the Champions League, are the only teams that have managed to score at the Camp Nou.

- A total of 13 players who came up through the Masia took part in the game against Hospitalet: They were Puyol, Fontàs, Pique, Busquets, Thiago, Xavi, Dos Santos, Tello, Iniesta, Cesc, Sergi Roberto, Cuenca, and Pedro.

- In Guardiola's starting 11, Pinto was the only Barça player not to come through the youth ranks.

FCB

Villa to spend Christmas with his family

www.fcbarcelona.cat

The Asturian striker, after undergoing surgery onhis left tibia, was released from hospital and willspend the holidays with his family

David Villa will spend Christmas with his family as he was released from hospital this Saturday, five days after surgery on his shinbone.

Villa was injured in the semi-final of the Club World Cup against Al-Sadd, the striker is expected to fully recover in four to five months.

FCB

L’Equipe names Leo Messi 'Champion of Champions' in 2011

www.fcbarcelona.cat

The Argentinean, who beat Djokovic and Vettel, is named best athlete of the year by the French newspaper

FC Barcelona’s number 10 won five titles in 2011 and was the highest scorer of last season’s Champions League

Past champions

2010 Rafael Nadal
2009 Usain Bolt
2008 Usain Bolt
2007 Roger Federer
2006 Roger Federer
2005 Roger Federer
2004 Hicham El Gherrouj
2003 Michael Schumacher
2002 Michael Schumacher2001 Michael Schumacher
2000 Tiger Woods
1999 Andre Agassi
The tennis player Novak Djokovic and the Formula 1 pilot Sebastian Vettel finished second and third

Leo Messi is only the fifth footballer to be named the best athlete of the year since the daily started giving out the yearly award in 1980

Only Paolo Rossi (1982), Diego Armando Maradona (1986), Romario (1994) and Zinedine Zidane (1998) have won the award

Another one for the collection. The prestigious daily newspaper L'Equipe awarded the best athlete of the year award to Lionel Messi . Messi is the newest ' Champions des Champions ' (Champion of Champions), and figures amongst other athletic greats such as Carl Lewis , Ayrton Senna , Michael Jordan or Michael Schumacher who have also won the award. The tennis player Novak Djokovic and the Formula 1 pilot Sebastian Vettel finished second and third, respectively.

The fifth footballer
Leo Messi is only the fifth footballer to be named the best athlete of the year since the daily started giving outthe yearly award in 1980. Until now, only Paolo Rossi (1982), Diego Armando Maradona (1986), Romario (1994) and Zinedine Zidane (1998) have won the award. Furthermore, all of them were named athlete of the year after they lifted the World Cup trophy; Messi isthe only one to win the award in a year where the World Cup has not been played.

During this 2011, the Argentinean has won five titles with FC Barcelona ( League , Champions League , Spanish and European Super Cups and the Club World Cup ), and he was the highest scorer of the Champions League last season. He’s also on the shortlist for the FIFA Ballon d’Or award, an award he won in 2009 and 2010.

The French athlete of the year award, also given out by L’Equipe , was won by Nikola Karabatic . The Frenchman helped the Les Bleus win the handball World Cup.

FCB

Year in review: Barça in 12 months

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Take a look at the most important moments, the best stories and the photographs of FC Barcelona’s spectacular

Xavi, Messi and Iniesta, candidates for the Ballon d'Or 2010

Five titles in 12 months . In a nutshell, that’s Barça’s 2011. Wembley, the games against Real Madrid, Abidal’s injury, the best statistics, the overwhelming victories, Guardiola’s 200 games ... all in images .

Take a look back at the 2011 in review special, a retrospective look at FC Barcelona’s most important moments throughout the year. The content special, withphoto galleries and specialized content for each month, is one of the best ways to see Barça’s most glorious and trying moments of 2011.

[+] A look back at 2011

FCB

Last edited by a moderator:
FOOTBALL

Fortress Camp Nou: 12 victories and 2 draws in official games

12-28-2011 11:40

Fortress Camp Nou: 12 wins and 2 draws in official games

Barça haven’t conceded a single goal in their 9 League games at home

Except for the goalless draw with Sevilla, in the 9 League games at the Camp Nou, Barça have won all their matches by 3-0 or more

Camp Nou
FCBarcelona_6_.v1312288446.JPG

The team averages 4.3 goals per game at the Camp Nou

FC Barcelona have not conceded a single goal athome since September 13th

Barça finished the year with an unbelievable home record. For the first time in history they haven’t conceded a single goal in the first nine League games . Barça’s numbers are the best in the 2011/12 League Championship, on their ownpitch: 8 wins and 1 draw with 39 goals scored and none against.

As far as goals scored are concerned, Barça have averaged 4.3 goals per game. And, apart from the goalless draw against Sevilla, the team havewon every game at the Camp Nou by at least 3-0 (5-0 Villarreal , 8-0 Osasuna , 5-0 Athletico Madrid , 3-0 Racing Santander , 5-0 Mallorca , 4-0 Zaragoza , 4-0 Rayo Vallecano , and 5-0 Levante ).

12 of 14 matches without conceding

In addition, in 12 of the 14 official matches played at the Camp Nou, Barça have kept a cleansheet. Real Madrid scored 2 goals in the Spanish Super Cup , but the title stayed in Barcelona (3-2). The other team that managed to score at the Camp Nou was AC Milan (2-2). That was on September 13th. The other two rivals in the Champions League, Viktoria Plzen (2-0) and BATE Borissov (4-0), left empty handed.

The last home game of the year, for the European and World Champions, showed how good they are at the Camp Nou. They thrashed Hospitalet 9-0 in the last 32 of the Spanish Cup, the biggest win of the Guardiola era.

FCB,

Jordi Clos

Cesc: "It feels like my career has started all over"

www.fcbarcelona.cat

"I needed new motivations and returning to Barca was a step forward for me"

"Apart from Arsenal and Barca's, I can't see myselfplaying for any other team"

2011-08-15_BARC_A_TV_CESC_08.v1314609584.JPG

Cesc Fabregas at Barca's TV
"Guardiola and Wenger love their jobs. They love football"

"When you leave FC Barcelona, it is almost impossible to ever come back"

The British channel Sky Sports has put together areport called 'Cesc in Barcelona' in which the player speaks frankly about his time at Arsenal under Arsene Wenger and his first half-year at Barca under Guardiola . "Both managers seem to love their jobs" he says. "They put their heart and soul into it. They love football. Wenger is a very special person for me. He put his faith in me from day one and I am where I am thanks to him."

The midfielder spent eight seasons at Arsenal, years he will never forget: "I want to stay at Barca a long time and perhaps retire here. Return to Arsenal? Perhaps, why not? You never know in life. If I had to go anywhere, it would beto Arsenal. Apart from Arsenal and Barca, I can't see myself playing for any other team."

It was always Cesc Fabregas ' dream to come back to the club where he learned so much, and he knows the significance of being here. "When you leave FC Barcelona , it is almost impossible to ever come back. The day I was presented at Barca was one of the happiest of my life . But theday before had been one of the saddest," he added, referring to having to say goodbye to everything he had come to love about Arsenal."But I wasn't as motivated as I was when I was 16. Like anybody, I needed a change in life, to start all over, and that's the way I felt when I came here."

And it's all gone brilliantly. "My arrival was a surprise. Winning two titles in ten days was very special, especially as one of those was against Real Madrid ," said Cesc, who is clearly delighted to be back where his heart truly belongs. He has won the respect of both his colleagues and the supporters and his duty now is to make sure thatthis glorious period at FC Barcelona can be continued further into the future.

FCB

Evaluation of 2011 and hopes for 2012 from the Palau

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT

The managers and the captains of Barça Regal, Barça Intersport, Barça Alusport and Barça Roller Hockey evaluate 2011 and highlight their goals for 2012

2011-12-22_COMIDA_NAVIDAD_PRENSA_013.v1324589457.jpg

The four professional teams of the Club have accumulated a dozen titles in 2011 and they hope to equal or best their accomplishments in 2012

The president and the managers toast to 2012 / PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS - FCB

Evaluation of 2011

Barça Regal

Xavi Pascual : “I believe the team in 2011 has been extraordinary. We won the King’s Cup, the ACB League, the Catalan League and the Super Cup. We’re leaders of the Endesa League and we’re first in our Euroleague group. We’re at a good athletic level and that’s thanks to my players and the whole team.â€

Víctor Sada : “Personally I can’t complain. With Barça Regal we’ve won almost everything and I won the gold medal with the Spanish national team in the European Championship. I only hope that every year is as successful as this one. It’ll be a good sign for all the Culés.â€

Barça Intersport

Xavi Pascual : “It was a magnificent year for us. We won two of the most important titles in the world for handball, the League and the Champions League, and we did it with our style, enjoying our work.â€

Laszlo Nagy : “It was an excellent year. It was the confirmation, by way of winning big titles, ofthe work we had put in. We’re on a good trajectory in the second part of the season as well.â€

Barça Alusport
Marc Carmona : “It has been an incredible year, the best in the history of Barcelona. A lot of people worked very hard to accomplish the goals that we achieved throughout 2011. This is a prize for all of them.â€

Javi Rodríguez : “It’s been a complete year. We were able to win all the competitions that we played in and I believe, in terms of the sport, it’s impossible to ask for anything more.â€

Barça Roller Hockey

Gaby Cairo : “The attitude of the people and the players is optimal. We started with good results. We won the Spanish Super Cup and we’ve regained the top spot in the OK League. It’s also worth mentioning that each time we play more people come to watch us at the Palau Blaugrana.â€

Beto Borregán : “Little by little we’re learning the system that the manager wants us to use. The two new players are adjusting very quickly to the group, and the fact that we won the Spanish Super Cup gives us tranquility.â€

Hopes and goals for 2012

Barça Regal

Xavi Pascual : “I’d like it if the supporters were always proud of our work and that they would be with us in each game. For health. It’s the mostimportant thing in life and we don’t remember that until we’re forced to.â€

Víctor Sada : “Health and that FC Barcelona continues to be the best club in the world.â€

Barça Intersport

Xavi Pascual : “I hope the new year brings us the recompense that we deserve after the hard work we’ve put in.â€

Laszlo Nagy : “I hope we keep on the same form that we’ve shown up until now and that we have health and luck so that people can enjoy our play.â€

Barça Alusport

Marc Carmona : “My wish is to continue the work and maintain the level of play we’ve shown in 2011.â€

Javi Rodríguez : “Health and that we can avoid injuries. Also, to have the capacity to continue our work and the intensity shown up until now. I’m sure it’ll take us to success.â€

Barça Roller Hockey

Gaby Cairo : “I wish for the same form that we’veshown in 2011. To improve in the European League, where we’ve drawn twice. It’s also very important that none of the players pick up injuries€

Beto Borregán : “I hope for a year full of titles, because the team needs it. We must win the League and the European League. Also, I hope for a year of good health for all the sections and for the whole Club.â€

FCB

FC Barcelona named best team of 2011 by AIPS

www.fcbarcelona.cat
12-28-2011 18:31

International Sports Press Association (AIPS) names FC Barcelona as the best team of 2011

Furthermore, Barça Intersport was named fourthbest team of the year, behind the All Blacks and the Brazilian national volleyball team. Leo Messi was named second best athlete of the year behind Novak Djokovic

desembre.v1324410550.JPG

The team with the Club World Cup trophy in Japan / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

Fair Play award for the Under-17 B side

Barça’s Under-17 B side was awarded the Fair Play award for allowing Castelladefels to score agoal after Barça had scored on their injured keeper. The team was managed by Sergi Barjuan at the time. This is the second year the Fair Play award has been given out and it will beawarded during the gala on January 13.

The list of winners for the annual awards given out by the International Sports Press Association ( AIPS ) was published this Wednesday. FC Barcelona was named the best team of 2011 , with 43% of the vote, ahead of the All Blacks and the Brazilian national volleyball team, after the votes from 363 journalists, representing 80 countries, were tallied. Barça Intersport , reigning champions of the Asobal League and the Champions League, finished fourth, garnering 7,57% of the vote.

Leo Messi finished second in the individual award, with 20% of the vote. The Argentinian finished ahead of Usain Bolt, Sebastian Vettel and Roger Federer. The tennis player, Novak Djokovic , who won the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open, finished first.

The awards gala will take place on January 13 inInnsbruck, where the President of the International Olympic Committee, Jacques Rogge and the FIFA President, Joseph Blatter will be in attendance. FC Barcelona Institutional Area Vice President, Carls Vilarrubí, will represent the Club at the gala.

FCB

2011: The best moment of the year

www.fcbarcelona.cat

12-29-2011 09:00

We’re looking for the best Barça moment of 2011. Tag your reply with #FCB2011 on Twitter and Facebook and help us choose!
2011-08-17_FCB-MADRID_9_.v1316275943.JPG

Barça-Madrid, Spanish Super Cup / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

What was your favourite Barça moment of 2011? The year started with an homage to the Masía as three footballers that learned their trade in Barcelona finished at the top of the FIFABallon d’Or standings. Leo Messi won his second consecutive title and his colleagues, Andrés Iniesta and Xavi Hernández finished behind him.

In the spring, the first team played in a marathon of Clásicos against Real Madrid , with the memorable 0-2 victory at the Bernabéu , both goals from Leo Messi. The dream-come-truefinal in Wembley , in May, saw Barça lift its fourth Champions League .

The European and Spanish Super Cups, the Club World Cup, the Champions League and routs in the Liga; the handball Champions League title; the ACB title; the success of the Futsal team... thisyear has given us a lot of moments to choose from. What’s your favourite?

Tag your reply with #FCB2011 on Twitter and Facebook and help us choose. We’ll soon know what the most memorable and favourite Barça moment of 2011 is thanks to the millions of Barça supporters worldwide.

FCB

Alexis and Cesc impress in 2011

www.fcbarcelona.cat 12-29-2011 11:54

During the opening months of the 2011/12 season, Barça’s two summer signings have forged themselves a privileged position within the squad
R.MADRID-FCB_10_.v1325157949.JPG

Cesc and Alexis / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

The Christmas holidays have drawn down the curtain on the first half of the season with Barça in fantastic shape. They've already clinched three trophies – the Spanish Super Cup , the European Super Cup and the World Club Cup , as well as making confident progress in the League and King's Cup . The arrival of Alexis Sanchez and Cesc Fabregas in the summer has given an already solid squad a touch more skill and class. The new boys have certainly made their presence felt in these first months of the season.

Sanchez shines in the Bernabéu

Despite picking up an injury in the second League match in the Anoeta, which kept him sidelined for almost two months, Alexis Sanchez is rapidly getting back to top form. His goal in the Santiago Bernabéu , the first of a great three-goal comeback against Real Madrid] (1-3), is a sure sign that he's reaching his best form since joining Barça.

Messi the example to follow

The Chilean international is determined to makea success of his move to Barça and is looking to follow in the footsteps of Leo Messi . "I believe the team wants to keep on winning and this Barça team has plenty of life left in it. I'm following Messi's path – to win it all." Alexis has already become famous in his homeland, Chile. Recently, he was received in the Palacio de la Moneda in Santiago, where the First Lady, CeciliaMorel , appointed him as a goodwill ambassadorfor the 'Elige vivir sano' (Choose to live healthy) campaign focused on helping young people choose a healthy lifestyle. "They call me the 'Wonder Kid' thanks to sport, which was what helped me grow as a player and a person. When I was young I didn't get the opportunity to be helped."

Cesc increases goal rate

After an eight-year absence, Cesc Fabregas has returned to the Camp Nou and immediately made an impact. Within weeks of joining the Club, he had already helped to win two competitions, the Spanish Super Cup and the European Super Cup. He scored his debut goal in a Barça shirt in Monaco and since then he has consolidated his position as one of the team's leading scorers. His 11 goals in 21 matches puts him in second place behind Messi. Cesc has scored eight in the league, one in the European Super Cup, one in the final of the World Club Cup and one in the Champions League.

FCB

Barça returns to work after the Christmas holiday

www.fcbarcelona.cat 12-29-2011 20:08

Pep Guardiola’s team, 15 first team players and four Barça B players, returned to work this afternoon after the Christmas break

Maxwell, with the manager’s permission; Alves, who will return to Barcelona on the 31st; and Messi, who will join the team on January 2nd, were the main absentees from today’s training session
2011-12-29_ENTRENO_04.v1325188312.JPG

Guardiola greets Xavi / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

Double visit

The FCB Escola trainers, who are leading the Christmas Football Campus for youngsters, didn’t want to miss out on the first team’s training session this afternoon. David Trueba, Pep Guardiola’s friend, was also present at today’s session.

After spending nearly a week on holiday with their families, the first team returned to work this Thursday afternoon. In the first training session after the Christmas break, Pep Guardiola worked with 15 first team players and four Barça B players – Cuenca , Muniesa , Sergi Roberto and Montoya .

One of the absentees was Maxwell , who is in Barcelona, but had permission to miss today’s session for personal reasons. The Brazilian fullback’s house was burglarized over the holiday.

Focused on the Cup

The Barça players returned to work fully focusedon their last-16 Cup clash against Osasuna , which will take place on the 4th of January at the Camp Nou (22.00 hrs). Alexis Sánchez was the only player to work apart from the group, while Iniesta , who was injured in the Cup game against Hospitalet, worked out in the gym.

Leo Messi and Dani Alves will join the team in a few days. The Brazilian will return to Barcelona on the 31st of December and Messi will follow suit on the 2nd of January.

Double session on Friday

Barça will train again on Friday in a double session at the Ciutat Esportiva. The first session will be at 10.30 in the morning and the second will start at 17.30. Both will be closed-door training sessions.

The last training session of 2011 will be on Saturday. It will start at 10.00, the first 15 minutes will be open to the press. Thiago will attend the post-training press conference.

FCB

Messi named ‘World's Top Goal Scorer’ of 2011

www.fcbarcelona.cat 12-30-2011 13:26

The Argentinian, who scored 19 goals in international matches, was recognized by the Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) as the top goal scorer of 2011
BATE-FCB_8_.v1325248277.JPG

Messi celebrating after scoring in the ChampionsLeague/ PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

Leo Messi keeps on winning titles and awards. The latest title to be awarded to the Argentiniancame this Friday, when the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) named Barça’s genius striker as the ‘ World's Top Goal Scorer ’ of 2011. In the past 12 months Messi has scored 19 goals, two more than Falcao , the second place finisher. The award only takes into consideration goals that have been scored in international and Olympic matches and continental tournaments.

David Villa, tenth

FC Barcelona has two top-10 finishers this year. David Villa , who finished tenth, is level with Cristiano Ronaldo, both with 12 goals.

Here is the complete list of the top goalscorers in2011:

1- Leo Messi, FC Barcelona (19 goals)
2- Radamel Falcao, Porto/Atlético de Madrid (17 goals)
3- Hasan Mahmoud, Kuwait-City/Al-Wehdat/Jordan (16 goals)
4- Mario Gómez, Bayern Munich (16 goals)
5- Javier Hernández, Manchester United (15 goals)
6- Sunil Chhetri, FC Kolkata (14 goals)
7- Neymar, Santos FC (14 goals)
8- Abdullah Khaled Deeb, Al-Wehdat (13 goals)
9- Eduardo Jesús Vargas, Universidad de Chile (13 goals)
10- David Villa, FC Barcelona ; Cristiano Ronaldo, Madrid (12 goals)

FCB

Barça hoping to dominate UEFA.comTeam of the Year

www.fcbarcelona.cat 12-31-2011 10:27

Less than a week before the vote closes, eight Barça players plus manager Pep Guardiola are in the running for a place in the UEFA.comTeam of the Year 2011
R.MADRID-FCB_23_.v1325324471.JPG

Xavi i Messi, dos dels vuit blaugranes candidats a l'equip ideal de la UEFA / FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

Following on from a near monopoly of the teams of the year announced by the prestigious sports papers L'Équipe and La Gazzetta dello Sport, Barça is hoping to extend the Club's dominance to the UEFA.comTeam of the Year. Eight Barça players are among the contenders: Victor Valdés (goalkeeper), Alves (right-back), Piqué and Mascherano (central defenders), Abidal (left-back), Xavi (central midfield), Iniesta (attacking midfield) and Messi (forward). Pep Guardiola has also been nominated for coach of the year.

Voting will close on 6th January at 12 noon. Last year the website registered more than five million votes. The candidates are chosen by the editors of UEFA.comon the basis of their performances with their club and national teams. Barça has had a fantastic 2011 winning the Spanish league, the Champions League, the Spanish Supercup, the European Supercup and the World Club Cup.

FCB

Thiago: “The challenge is to progressâ€

Roger Bogunyà 12-31-2011 12:49

The midfielder believes that 2011 has been a “gratifying†year and he hopes to “continue learning from his teammates†in 2012
2011-12-31_ENTRENO_29.v1325332375.JPG

Thiago during the press conference / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB

“It’s always difficult to get over the turrón, but we're in perfect physical condition to take on Osasunaâ€

“Leo Messi is the favourite to win the Ballon d'Orâ€

“Win the treble? It's a very difficult feat, but I think it's possibleâ€

Thiago is a nonconformist. “On a personal level, my challenge for 2012 is to continue progressingand to keep on learning from my teammates. On a collective level, we want to continue along thesame lines that we’ve set for ourselves in recent times, which have been fabulous.†The midfielder didn’t rule out the possibility of winning another treble, although he did say that“it would be a difficult feat.†In the last press conference of the year, Thiago said he was satisfied with the team’s performance in 2011: “It has been a gratifying year, on a personal and familial level. In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined finishing the year like this.â€

Messi is the best

One of the first events of 2012 is the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala on January 9th. For Thiago, the favourite to win top prize is Leo Messi: “The whole world believes that he’s the favourite. He’s number one in this sport and after the year he’s put in, I believe that he deserves it. He doesn’t stop surprising us. He’s able to do just about anything with the ball. His qualities are unique, it’s a pleasure to play alongside him.â€

Ready to play against Osasuna

Before the FIFA Ballon d’Or gala, Barça must playin the last-16 round of the King’s Cup and then in the League derby against Espanyol. On the Osasuna clash, Thiago doesn’t believe Barça will repeat their 8-0 League thrashing of the Northerners: “Every game is different from the previous one. They can design a completely different game plan this time around, both teams know each other a little better now. I don’t know what the game will be like.†FC Barcelona’s number 11 is positive that the team will be in peak physical condition for the year’s first game: “It’s always difficult to get over the turrón (traitional Iberian holiday treat), but I believe that we’ve all returned without any problems and in perfect physical condition.â€

FCB

Barça hoping to dominate UEFA.comTeam of the Year

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Less than a week before the vote closes, eight Barça players plus manager Pep Guardiola are in the running for a place in the UEFA.comTeam of the Year 2011
R.MADRID-FCB_23_.v1325324471.JPG

Xavi and Messi two contenders for UEFA's team of the year / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

Following on from a near monopoly of the teams of the year announced by the prestigious sports papers L'Équipe and La Gazzetta dello Sport , Barça is hoping to extend the Club's dominance to the UEFA.com Teamof the Year. Eight Barça players are among the contenders: Víctor Valdés (goalkeeper), Alves (right-back), Piqué and Mascherano (central defenders), Abidal (left-back), Xavi (central midfield), Iniesta (attacking midfield) and Messi (forward). Pep Guardiola has also been nominated for coach of the year.

Voting will close on 6th January at noon. Last year thewebsite registered more than five million votes. The candidates are chosen by the editors of UEFA.comon the basis of their performances with their club and national teams. Barça has had a fantastic 2011 winning the Spanish league, the Champions League, the Spanish Super Cup, the European Super Cup and the World Club Cup.

FCB

FC Barcelona to hold open to the public training session

www.fcbarcelona.cat

The first team will hold an open to the public trainingsession on January 5 at the Miniestdi

Access to Club members is free, while non-member supporters have to pay 5 euros

2011-01-09_ENTRENO_03.v1325151808.JPG

Entrenament al Miniestadi / FOTO: ARXIU FCB

Ticket pickup

Member ticket pickup date: January 2

Tickets to go on sale: January 3

Sales desks open: Main sales windows open on January 2,3 and 4 from 8.30 to 17 hrs. On January 5 (if tickets are still available) the sales desk at the North Goal will be open at 9.00 hrs.
Like every year, FC Barcelona is giving its members and supporters an Epiphany (Dia de los Reyes) gift next week as the team will hold an open to the public training session. This year, the session will take place on Thursday, January 5 at 11.30 hrs at the Miniestadi . Access to Club members is free, while non-member supporters have to pay 5 euros .

The open-door training session is scheduled for the day after the away Cup match against Atlético Osasuna

FCB

Adriano: “The squad is very excited and ambitious to win the Cup againâ€

01-02-2012 13:57

The Brazilian number 21 spoke to the media after training this morning and insisted that the squad were totally focused on Wednesday’s game against Osasuna and determined to fight to win the only title they gave up last year

The Brazilian praised Josep Guardiola, thanks to whom he believes: “people all over the world can now see the game in a different wayâ€
A01.v1325510383.jpg

IMAGE: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

Tuesday at 11.00

The squad will be back in training on Tuesday morning at 11.00, behind closed doors at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. Josep Guardiola will hold a press conference afterwards.

"I really want to win the Cup with Barça. We missedout last season and now we have another opportunity"

"Guardiola is like a father, a very important person inthe group"

The squad have started the New Year just as they finished the old –full of ambition. That was the message from Adriano this afternoon, who insisted the players are totally centred on the first game of 2012 – the Cup tie against Osasuna on Wednesday at the Camp Nou : "I really want to win the Cup with Barça. We missed out last season and now we have another opportunity. We'll need to put in a big performance because the return game will be very tough," according to Adriano, who also revealed: "we want the treble again this season."

Osasuna the first hurdle
Adriano is clear that 2012 will be just as hard and maybe even harder than 2011: "Real Madrid will always be up there and we'll be going head to head with them until the end of the season, that's for sure. Our aim is to reach the finals of all the competitions and that's what we will keep on trying to do." There's the mouth-watering prospect of a two legged quarter final meeting between Barça and Madrid if they both get through this round, but Adriano is taking things one step at a time: "we know what could happen, but the most important thing now is the tie against Osasuna , then we'll just have to wait and see if it's Madrid or Malaga in the next round."

Looking to Wednesday's game, Adriano also warned against any expectations of the 8-0 result against Osasuna earlier this season: "obviously nobody wants to lose by that score again and in the Cup things are different – teams go all out for a win." Asked about Messi's chances of making the game, Adriano explained: "we all want him on the pitch, but that's upto the boss and the player to decide if he's 100%."

Guardiola's contribution to football

Finally, Adriano praised his manager Josep Guardiola :"since I arrived here, I have learnt so much from him. He's like a father, a very important person in the group . I think he will stay and let's hope so. He's changed football and people all over the world can now see this game in a different way thanks to him."

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Agreement to renew José Manuel Pinto's contract
2011-11-09_PARTIDO_11.v1320917752.JPG

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT
01-02-2012 16:01

FC Barcelona have agreed to extend José Manuel Pinto’s contract for one more season, through June 30, 2013

PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

The Club will soon announce when the new contract will be signed

FCB

Iniesta, Puyol, Keita and Alves back for first training session of the year

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-02-2012 11:59

Éric Abidal has recovered from the flu and worked outin the gym

Barça B players Martín Montoya and Isaac Cuenca trained with the squad

There was a positive start to the New Year for Pep Guardiola , as he welcomed back Iniesta, Puyol, Keita and Alves to training after, for various reasons, they'd all missed the New Year's Eve session. A total of 19 players took part in training -17 from the first team squad and 2 from Barça B - Montoya and Cuenca .

Abidal in the gym

Perhaps the most important return was that of AndresIniesta , who was given 15 days out after his injury in the Cup game against Hospitalet just before Christmas, but who has made it back into training just 11 days after the injury. Carles Puyol , who missed the game with Catalonia with a thigh strain was also back in training, as was Seydou Keita , who trained in the gym on December 31st and Dani Alves ,who has returned from his Christmas break in Brazil.

The only two fit first team squad members not in training were Leo Messi – who is due back in Barcelona today and Éric Abidal , who after recoveringfrom his bout of flu worked out in the gym. Long term injury victims Afellay and Villa were the other squad members absent.

Today's training was the first session in preparation for Wednesday's Cup game at the Camp Nou against Osasuna and Sunday's derby game in La Liga at Espanyol .

FCB

Demanding January schedule for FC Barcelona

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Barça could end up playing eight League and Cup games this month

Cup ties, tough away trips and the city derby will testGuardiola’s team
FCB_-_OSASUNA_21_.v1319109688.jpg

PHOTO: ARCHIVE FCB

After their Christmas break, the Barça team have been focussed on the first game of 2012 for the last few days - the home cup tie against Osasuna - which kick starts a potentially crowded month of tough games.

After Wednesday's opener at the Camp Nou , Guardiola's men face two away games –first at city neighbours Espanyol on Sunday night and then in Pamplona next week for the second and maybe decisive second leg of their Spanish Cup last-16 clash, as they aim to win a quarter final berth.

The team are then back at the Camp Nou for a league game against Betis (week 19). The Seville outfit were only promoted this season, but Barça faced them most recently last season in the Cup quarter finals. The next two League games are both on the road, withtrips to Malaga – in the game corresponding to the cancelled opening league fixture – and Villarreal .

Two more games possible

Should Guardiola's team see off the Cup challenge from Osasuna they will face a further two games this month, either against Real Madrid or Malaga . If Pellegrini's team get through, Malaga and Barça would face three successive match ups.

FCB

Back