Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

Messi: “It's incredibleâ€

01-09-2012 20:25

The Argentinean admits that he’s very happy about winning his third FIFA Ballon d’Or and he highlights his friendship with Xavi. For Rosell, the dedications made by Messi and Guardiola “demonstrate the human quality of the people in Can Barçaâ€

2012-01-09_BALON_ORO_71.v1326141504.JPG

Leo Messi with Homare Sawa, the best female footballer in the world / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB

"I knew that if won that I would dedicate it to Xavi"

"We have a friendship that goes beyond any award"

Minutes after the conclusion of the FIFA awards ceremony, Leo Messi reiterated the speech he gave on the podium: “it’s incredible. I want to dedicate this to all of my teammates. Like Guardiola said, if we don’t win anything collectively, we can’t hope to win individual awards .†He once again had words of praise for Xavi: “I knew that if won that I would dedicate itto him. It’s the fourth year that we’re here together. He also deserves it, because he's even better each year and he also wins a lot of titles, like the World Cup last year. We have a friendship that goes beyond any award .â€

Rosell, beyond awards

On Messi’s praise of his teammate, FC Barcelona President, Sandro Rosell said: “as a Culé and as president, I’m very proud of all the awards that they’ve given us, but what I liked the most is how Guardiola and Messi shared their awards. These are the qualities that we teach at the Masia .†It’s worth noting that while Messi dedicated his award to Xavi and the rest of his teammates, Guardiola dedicated his award to his assistant coach, Tito Vilanova . For Rosell these things “ demonstrate the human quality that we have at Can Barça .â€

Xavi: “I’m the happiest man in the worldâ€

Third-place finisher, Xavi Hernández , also talked about Messi’s award dedication: “Messi and I are united by a great friendship. He’s timid and it’s difficult for him to express himself, for him to recognize me is worth more than any award . I’m the happiest man in the world.†The midfielder dedicated his third-place finish to “those that never fail, to Barcelona and its fans and to those that recognize my work. Above all, to my teammates, because we mutually make ourselves better. I want to enjoy this with all of them.â€

Andrés Iniesta , who finished fourth in the Ballond’Or, views Barça’s massive presence in Zurich as a very positive sign: “this means that the team is doing things correctly, and we as individuals are too. Hopefully we can be here in the years to come. I’m very happy for them. They (Messi and Xavi) are people that deserve it.â€

Guardiola: “Just to be here is a successâ€

For Josep Guardiola , the mere fact of having twoFC Barcelona players on the FIFA Ballon d’Or shortlist is a complete success: “it was a success to have three players last year, and this year we have two more. Leo and Xavi should be happy.†He also issued a reminder that award ceremonies like tonight’s are positive only after success is achieved: “it’s good that we are recognized for our efforts, but the day-to-day work puts you in your place. It’s getting more difficult to win and they know us tter.†Furthermore, the Barça boss once again had words for Tito Vilanova : “ when he’s not around, I miss him tremendously .â€

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Triumphant journey home

01-10-2012 11:55

On the flight back from Zurich, Sandro Rosell, Josep Guardiola, Messi, Xavi, Piqué, Iniesta and Alves were all smiling after winning awards at the FIFA Balon d’Or Gala 2011

2012-01-09_VIAJE_ZURICH_16.v1326193385.JPG

PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

Messi was named world player of the year for the third time in a row after getting almost half of the votes (47.88) to beat both Cristiano Ronaldo (21.6) and fellow FCB man Xavi Hernández (9.23). The highlight of the FIFA Balon d'Or Gala came when the Argentinian received the trophy from Ronaldo. In his speech, Messi also had words for Xavi, a further show of the unity in the Barcelona squad.

Shortly before, Josep Guardiola had been named the best coach of 2011, and in his speech remembered his assistant Tito Vilanova . And there were also five players ( Messi and Xavi , plus Iniesta , Piqué and Alves ) in the all-star XI for 2011. The whole day was yet more recognition for the FC Barcelona model, and a team that is making history in so many different ways.

Moments to remember

After so many happy moments, the return journey to Barcelona, with 24 passengers , was averitable fiesta. With Gerard Piqué as master of ceremonies, this was a moment to share the success with their families. It was all about having fun, with most of the attention focused on Leo Messi

There was also time for photographs and a toastfor the wonderful achievements, with beaming smiles on every face. The picture of the six winning players plus president Sandro Rosell and manager Josep Guardiola , symbolises all Barça's success. The plane finally reached El Prat Airport ten minutes before midnight, bringing anend to a memorable day for all the people aboard.

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

The international press lauds Leo Messi

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-10-2012 18:01

The press in Argentina show their pride and joy as Leo Messi is named the world’s best player

The leading sport newspapers worldwide extol the three-time Ballon d’Or winner

portades_MESSI.v1326209675.jpg

International press, at Messi's feet

In the press conference before the FIFA awards ceremony, Leo Messi said that he was happy about acknowledgment he was receiving from his country: “I feel as though they are more proud of me than ever in Argentina, I’m very thankful.†Argentina’s pride and joy became even more evident after Barça’s number 10 was awarded the Ballon d’Or as the South American country’s press heaped praise on the three-time winner.

Nuevo Diario said the striker is “on top of the world†after winning his third Ballon d’Or; while the prestigious daily Ole led with: “El Pibe de Oro, otro ‘hat-trick’ de Messi†(The Boy of Gold, another hat-trick for Messi). The daily also notedthat the Barça player “makes history after winner the award for the third time.†While Clarín said, “they chose Messi as the best player in the world for the third consecutive year,†a feat only accomplished by Michel Platini.

The daily La Nación said that the acknowledgment “has a special taste to it because he’s barely 24 years old.â€

The praise towards the genius from the Masia didn’t come just from Argentina, the front pages of the press worldwide also paid homage to Leo Messi:

L'Équipe : "Messi joins the Gods"

La Gazzetta dello Sport : "Messi, is he better thanMaradona?"

Daily Mail : "Simply the best! Messi wins the Ballon d'Or"

Bild : "Messi, you are the best!"

El País : "This is for you, Xavi"

Mundo Deportivo : "Golden hat-trick"

Sport : "A hymn to Barça"

El 9 : "The first 3"

FCB

Osasuna undefeated at home

01-11-2012 10:03

Jose Luis Mendilíbar’s team have five wins and four draws this season on their home ground, the Reyno de Navarra, and have not lost in a game at home since April 17th, 2011

FCB_-_OSASUNA_40_.v1326278877.JPG

PHOTO: ARCHIVE FCB

FC Barcelona will play the second leg of the last 16 of the Spanish Cup against Osasuna, with the confidence that comes from the 4-0 win achieved in the first leg, but with one thing on their minds: Osasuna have not lost a game at home all season, with a balance of five wins andthree draws in the League, and another draw in the Cup.

14 goals for, 6 against

Some of the top teams have already played at Osasuna. In the League, none of the following teams have left with the 3 points: Sporting (2-1),Sevilla (0-0), Mallorca (2-2), Zaragoza (3-0 ) Levante (2-0), Rayo (0-0), Betis (2-1), and Villarreal (2-1). In the Cup Mendilíbar's team drew their game in the return leg of the last 32, against Almeria (1-1). No team has been able to beat them so far.

Since April 17th

In fact, Osasuna have not lost at home since the 17th of April 2011, when Athletic Club Bilbao took the three points in Pamplona (1-2). Towards the end of last season Osasuna beat teams like Valencia (1-0), Sevilla (3-2), and Villarreal (1-0). Since then almost nine months have gone by. Winning at Osasuna will not be easy.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

The World Club Champions shield, in Pamplona

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 01-11-2012 11:10

Barça will display the World Club Champions logo in Pamplona

Throughout 2012, the first team shirts will carry the FIFA logo

Fans can acquire the shield at FCBotigues and official Nike outlets

2012-01-11_ENTRENO_44.v1326288408.JPG

Valdés, Xavi Y Puyol, con la nueva camiseta / FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB

FC Barcelona will display, on Thursday in Pamplona, ​​in the Cup match against Osasuna, the World Club Champions logo, awarded to the winners of the FIFA World Club Cup. Barça can wear this distinction on their shirts in all games played until after the end of the 2012 FIFA World Club Cup in Japan. The gold emblem, which will include the World Club Cup and the inscription "World Champions 2011", will be located above the Qatar Foundation logo.

This is the second time that FC Barcelona shirts will carry the champion's shield, after they premiered it after winning in Abu Dhabi. Past winners of the FIFA World Club Cup have also been privileged to wear the gold insignia on their shirts. Released for the first time after the FIFA World Club Championship of 2007, the insignia has been worn by clubs like AC Milan, Manchester United, Inter Milan, and FC Barcelona, in their case twice.

Fans who purchase the Barça shirt will also be able to incorporate the FIFA logo, at an added cost of 5 Euros. Those who wish to add it, but already have the Barça strip this season, will also be able to acquire the emblem at FCBotigues and official Nike outlets, amongst others.

FCB

Afellay is back in Barcelona

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-11-2012 12:54

After completing part of his recovery process in the Netherlands, from this Wednesday Afellay is back at work with the first team

His control tests have shown that the evolution of his injury is pretty good, so Afellay can continue with the pre-established work plan

2012-01-11_ENTRENO_29.v1326283180.JPG
2012-01-11_ENTRENO_36.v1326294542.JPG
2012-01-11_ENTRENO_41.v1326294673.JPG

PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB

The big news on Wednesday at the Training Ground was Ibrahim Afellay, who has returned to Barcelona to continue his personal recovery and physiotherapy work plan. Coinciding with the first team's trip to Japan for the World Club Championships, it was decided that the Dutchman would continue his recovery process in the Netherlands under the supervision of the Club's Medical Services. As planned, Afellay has returned to Barcelona this Wednesday.

It's worth remembering that Afellay damaged his anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, in training, and that on October 3rd he was operated on by Dr. Cugat and Dr. Pruna.

FCB

Barça to travel to Pamplona without Iniesta, Alves, and Maxwell

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-11-2012 13:10

Barça will go into the second leg of the last 16 ofthe Cup, at Osasuna, (Thursday, 22.00, TV3 and Telecinco) without Iniesta and Maxwell, left out for technical reasons, and Alves, as a precaution

During training on Wednesday Alves felt some discomfort in his right leg and has been left out of the team, as a precaution, for the match on Thursday

2012-01-11_ENTRENO_18.v1326283995.JPG

Puyol during the training session / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

Osasuna, with six reserve team players

Jose Luis Mendilíbar also announced on Wednesday the squad for the game against Barça. Osasuna have Echaide, Ruben, Roversio, Damian, Raitala, Masoud, and Kike Sola all out through injury. Raul Garcia has received medical clearance and is in the squad. Those who are notin the squad, for technical reasons, are Andres Fernandez, Sergio, Annunziata, Timor, Ibra, and Nino. To be able to complete the squad, Mendilíbar has named six players from the reserve teams: Satrústegui, Postigo, Hermosa, Roberto Torres, Raoul Loe, and Manu Omwu.

Osasuna carried out their last training session onWednesday at their training ground.

FC Barcelona are thoroughly preparing for the second leg of the last 16 of the Cup away to Osasuna . On Wednesday morning the team carried out their last training session at the Training Ground. Pep Guardiola worked with the 18 first-team players available, and Barça B players Cuenca , Montoya , and Sergi Roberto . The former Barcelona player Rafa Marquez also participated in the session, as he did on Saturdayand Tuesday.

It was during this training session when Dani Alves felt some discomfort in his right leg and has been left out of the squad for the game on Thursday, as a precaution. Also not selected are Iniesta and Maxwell, who have not been called up for technical reasons. Cuenca , Montoya , and Sergi Roberto are all in the squad.

These are, therefore, the 18 members of the squad, for the game in Pamplona: Valdes, Pinto, Pique, Cesc, Puyol, Xavi, Alexis, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Sergio, Pedro, Adriano, Abidal, Fontàs, Cuenca, Sergi Roberto, and Montoya.

It's worth remembering that Keita has joined up with Mali to play, from the 21st, the Africa Cup. Villa is continuing his recovery in the gym, and Afellay is back in Barcelona after completing part of his recovery process in the Netherlands.

FCB

Guardiola: "We must think that we still have work to do"

01-11-2012 15:00

Despite the 4-0 advantage from the first leg, the manager is cautious, reminding everybody that there are still 90 minutes to play, that this season no one has won at Osasuna, and that in the Cup anything can happen

Guardiola guaranteed that the team will go out to win the game and play well, "controlling the pitch and the result," because "this is our way of understanding the game and we don’t know anyanother way"

2012-01-11_ENTRENO_57.v1326290837.JPG

Guardiola during the press conference / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

The possible departure of Maxwell

"He came to see us and said he had an offer from PSG, and he'd like to accept it. If a player wants to leave, and if he reaches an agreement with the Club, I won't try to stop that. I understand the situation. He's been given a free hand to do whatever he wants. It's very advanced, but not closed yet. He's a great example as a colleague, and a player when he's played. I wish him all the luck and thank him for all he has done," he said.

"All grounds are complicated, and this one especially, for its size and the way they play"

"We'll carry on bringing in players from the reserves depending on how they are. This doesn't mean that, later on, we won't bring someone into the first team"

Josep Guardiola didn't want to talk about the quarter-finals of the Cup until Thursday's match away to Osasuna is out of the way. The managerremembers the problems suffered by the team last season in the same round of the competition against Betis , despite the 5-0 win in the first leg,and opted for a more cautious approach. "Last season Betis did what they did. The Cup is very special. There are 90 minutes left and Osasuna have their virtues, which we already know about. It's our duty to think that we still have work to do," he said.

In this sense, he's very aware that this year no team has managed to win at Osasuna . "All grounds are complicated, and this one especially, for its size and the way they play. We know it will be cold, and we'll see how the pitch is. We'll try and play well to reach the quarters," he said.

With the same game philosophy

When asked if the advantage of four goals achieved in the first leg would somehow affect their approach to the game, Guardiola replied that Barça will head to Osasuna to win: "4-0 is a good lead, but we can't rely on that. We'll try to win the game. I don't know any other way. We'll try and play well and control the pitch, and the result. We'll go out to play the best we can, which is the only way I know."

It's a fact that the team is having trouble winning away from the Camp Nou : "Away from home we don't have the stats to be champions, and we must be more ambitious. The solvency that we have at home is harder to achieve away.We're ready to fight for the remaining 63 points. In all the games we've played well, and apart from the first hour in Valencia, and for some timein Cornella, we were better than our opponents. The level needed to become League Champions is very high."

Guardiola explained his technical decision not to call up Andrés Iniesta for the match: "He was outfor ten days after Hospitalet , due to the injury he suffered. Against Espanyol he ended the game with an ankle knock. I haven't called him up to protect him for the effort to come."

The absence of Keita

On the other hand, Guardiola announced that, in principle, he won't call on any of the reserves to fill the place left by Keita , who will be playing inthe Africa Cup of Nations: "We'll carry on bringing in players from the reserves depending on how they are. This doesn't mean that, later on, we won't bring someone into the first team. Cuenca is a good example: he came in, we were persuaded, and he stayed."

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Initial agreement with PSG for the transfer of Maxwell

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-11-2012 18:49

The player will travel to Paris, with the Club's permission, to finalize his contract with Paris Saint-Germain

maxwell_01.v1326215782.JPG

Maxwell / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

FC Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain have come to a preliminary agreement to transfer Maxwell to the French team. The Brazilian will travel to Paris this afternoon, with the Club’s permission, to finalize the details of his new contract with PSG.

Once Maxwell and PSG resolve the Brazilian’s contractual details, he will undergo a medical exam and the transfer will become official.

10 titles in 2 years

The left back arrived at FC Barcelona in the summer of 2009 from Inter Milan. The Brazilian was presented as an official Barça player on July 17th, and a month later he made his debut for the Catalan team in the Spanish Super Cup against Athletic Club on August 23rd. That Super Cup was the first of 10 titles he won as a Barça player in his two and a half years in Barcelona. While at Can Barça, the Brazilian won three Spanish Super Cups, two European Super Cups, two Leagues, two Club World Cups and one Champions League.

89 matches and 2 goals

Maxwell closes out his Barça career after playing89 matches with the Barça jersey: 57 in the League, 17 in the Champions League, 11 in the Cup, 3 in the Spanish Super Cup and 1 in the Club World Cup. Maxwell’s last game with FC Barcelona was in the semifinal of the Club WorldCup in Japan against Al-Sadd, in fact, he scored one of Barça’s four goals. That was the second time he had scored for his team, his first was in the 2011/12 Copa del Rey tie against Ceuta.

FCB

Osasuna-FC Barcelona: Pamplona, first

Roger Bogunyà 01-12-2012 09:00

Barça visits the Reyno de Navarra with the goal of defending their 4-0 lead

As a precaution, Dani Alves will miss the match, Iniesta and Maxwell for technical reasons
FCB_-_CA_OSASUNA_18_.v1326300525.JPG

FC Barcelona won 4-0 in the first leg / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

Even though many consider Barça’s passage to the next round as a foregone conclusion after the 4-0 at the Camp Nou, FC Barcelona will undoubtedly face an uncomfortable match tonight. With Madrid looming in the quarterfinals, Barça must first overcome Osasunaat the Reyno de Navarra, an impregnable stadium since April. Barça boss Josep Guardiola knows this and issued a warning to his team ahead of the Cup tie, “there is still work to be done.â€

With Cuenca, Montoya and Roberto

Passage must be secured without Alves or Iniesta . The Brazilian felt discomfort in his right leg in the last training session and has been left out of the squad as a precaution. Guardiola explained on Wednesday that Iniesta would not travel to Pamplona because finished the game against Espanyol (1-1) with discomfort in his ankle. His place on the team, and Maxwell’s, who could be transferred to PSG, will be taken by Barça B players Cuenca, Montoya and Sergi Roberto.

Last year’s lesson, learned

If the match seems like it will be uncomfortable, that’s because it will be. It’s a good rule to measure match difficulty by. Everyone outside ofthe Club believes FC Barcelona is already in the next round. However, past experiences demand prudence. A year ago, in the same Cup round against Betis (playing in Segunda A at the time), Barça, despite the 5-0 from the away leg, went 2-0 down at the start. The game ended 3-1 for Betis. No one has forgotten how close Betis cameto knocking out Barça, the players have learned their lesson.

Depleted Osasuna

It’s also worth noting that Barça will face a very eager Osasuna. Osasuna hasn't scored any goals while conceding 12 at the Camp Nou this season,the Navarros will be motivated to exact a certainlevel of payback on the Catalans this evening. Furthermore, Mendilíbar’s men have not lost at the Reyno de Navarra since Aprtil 17th . However, the Osasuna manager will be without the injured Echaide, Rubén, Roversio, Damián, Raitala, Masoud and Kike Sola; Andrés Fernández, Sergio, Annunziata, Timor, Ibra and Nino will miss the match for technical reasons. Mendilíbar has named six reserve players to his squad for tonight’s match (Satrústegui, Postigo, Hermosa, Torres, Loe y Omwu).

FCB,

FC Barcelona, tops the IFFHS ranking for 2011

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-12-2012 10:57

Barça, after winning the award in 2007 and 2009, was named the best club in the world in 2011 and beat out Real Madrid and Vélez Sarsfield, second and third, respectively

SANTOS-FCB_42_.v1326368919.JPG

The team celebrating the Club World Cup victory / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

The International Federation of Football History& Statistics (IFFHS) has published its annual worldwide club ranking for 2011, FC Barcelona, after finishing the year with a handful of titles, has finished first. After top place finishes in 2007and 2009, this is the third time Barça has topped the IFFHS ranking. The team finished with 367 points, quite a bit more than the second place finisher, Real Madrid (312 points), and third, Veléz Sarsfield (271 points).

A record number of points

Barça’s 367 points are the third highest mark ever awarded to a team since the IFFHS started giving out the award in 1991. Only Juventus in 1993 (with 5.5 more points) and AC Milan in 1995 (with only half a point more) achieved more points than Guardiola’s men. At the time Juventus and AC Milan topped the list, however, Serie A was the dominant league in the world. Therefore the Italian teams received five points per victory as opposed to four currently awardedto current-day teams. With that in mind, the points awarded in 2011 to Barça single the teamout as the best in the world.

Furthermore, Barça also finished atop the IFFHS ranking as the best team in December. FC Barcelona didn’t lose a single game that month.

The Top 10 of 2011

1. FC Barcelona (ESP) 367,0
2. Reial Madrid (ESP) 312,0
3. Vélez Sarsfield (ARG) 271,0
4. Manchester United (ENG) 270,0
5. Manchester City (ENG) 239,0
6. Santos (BRA) 238,0
7. Universidad de Chile (XI) 235,5
8. Benfica (POR) 235,0.
9. Porto (POR) 231,0
10. Universidad Católica (XI) 230,0

FCB

Peñas
Pau Vilanova pleased with the success of the Penyes on social networks

01-12-2012 10:00

The Supporters Clubs have recently opened Facebook and Twitter accounts

Chief director of the Social Comission Pau Vilanova stressed the considerable initial interest, whilst hoping that this would continue to grow in the future
2011-08-22_32_CONGRES_MUNDIAL_DE_PB_026.v1326373471.jpg

Pau Vilanova / Photo: Archive-FCB

The chief director of the FC Barcelona Social Comission, Pau Vilanova expressed his satisfaction with the positive reaction from fans to the recent launching of Twitter and Facebook accounts by the Club's Penyes, claiming: "we've made a very promising start, full of good sensations, but it's still too early for an overall assessment of where we might get to"

The Club Director went on to reveal: "we have about 500 people signing up every day, which represents an extraordinary exponential growth.Our Club and its fans are deeply immersed in new technologies and this represents a great chance for the supporters clubs and the fans to get closer still to the Club".

Finally, Sr Vilanova praised all the groups involved in the initiative: "it's been a great effortfrom the whole Penyes movement in which we are all involved, as well as the Penyes Department who have put in a massive job".

FCB,

Luis Davó

Cup: No team with a historic edge at the Reyno de Navarra

01-12-2012 10:13

FC Barcelona will play in Pamplona for the sixth time in the Cup. Barça's first five visits to Navarra ended with two victories, two losses, and one draw

FCB_-_CA_OSASUNA_4_.v1326361620.jpg

PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

There are reasons to be optimistic about Barça’s chances in tonight's Cup game against Osasuna. Besides the 4-0 result of the away leg, FC Barcelona hasn’t lost to Osasuna in the Cup in 25 years. In the Catalan team’s last three visits to Navarra, they came away with two victories and a draw. The last two times Barça lost to Osasuna was in 1935/36 (4-2) and 1983/84 (3-2).

0-4 in the last visit

The last time Barça visited Osasuna in the Cup was in the 1999/00 season. Barça won the away leg 2-0 and thrashed Osasuna in the return leg (0-4). The only time both teams ended level at ElSadar was in the 1987/88 season (0-0). One year earlier, 1986/87, Barça won in Pamplona (0-1), but the Catalans were eliminated from the Cup in the subsequent penalty shootout.

In total, FC Barcelona have eliminated Osasuna four out of five times in the Cup.

In the League, 2 defeats in 21 games

The the League, FC Barcelona have only lost 2 of its 21 games in Pamplona (2000/01 and 2005/06). Last year, Barça won 0-3.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Màlaga-FCB, on Sunday the 22nd, at 18.00

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-12-2012 13:13

The Liga’s matchday 1 will be played on the 22nd of this month, while Barça B-Xerez will be played on the same day, at 19.45, at the Miniestadi

FCB_-_RACING_SANTANDER_26_.v1326370578.jpg

The Màlaga-Barça match will be played on the 22nd, at 18.00 / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB

This morning the LFP confirmed the schedule for matchday one, which was postponed, of the Liga. The games will be played on the 21st and 22nd of January. The Málaga-Barça match will be played on Sunday the 22nd at 18.00, at the Rosaleda.

It’s worth noting that the Barça-Málaga match, matchday 36, will be played on the first weekend of May.

Barça B to also play on the 22nd

Barça B-Xerez, Segunda A’s matchday 21, will be played on Sunday the 22nd at 19.45.

FCB

Maxwell, transferred to París Saint-Germain

www.fcbarcelona.cat

FC Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain have agreed to transfer Maxwell to the French club. Paris Saint-Germain will pay 4 million euros for the Brazilian fullback

Maxwell.v1326385652.jpg

Maxwell ha sido presentado como nuevo jugador del París Saint-Germain / FOTO: C.GAVELLE - PSG

FC Barcelona wants to thank Maxwell for his effort, predisposition and contribution to the team’s athletic successes during his time at the Club.

Maxwell arrived at FC Barcelona in the summer of 2009 from Inter Milan to play left back. The Brazilian has won a total of 10 titles as a FC Barcelona player in his two and a half years withthe Club – three Spanish Super Cups, two European Super Cups, two League titles, two Club World Cups and one Champions League.

FCB

Osasuna-FC Barcelona: Fight back and moreclassicos ahead (1-2)

01-12-2012 23:44

Two goals from Alexis and Sergi Roberto gave Barça a 1-2 win in Pamplona tonight which safely sees them through to a quarter final clash with Real Madrid, with the first leg set for 22.00 next Wednesday

2012-01-12_PARTIDO_20.v1326410620.JPG

PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB

Job done. Barça duly got through their last 16 tieagainst Osasuna with a comfortable win in Pamplona. Guardiola's men had to come back from a goal down in the second half after Leka had put the hosts ahead before the break, but Alexis and Sergi Roberto did the job and Barça will now face Real Madrid in the first leg of the quarter finals next week - the first classico of 2012, after seven meetings in 2011.

That first leg is at the Bernabeu next Wednesday, with the return a week later at the Camp Nou, also at 22.00.

Fontás injury

On a cold and foggy night in Pamplona and with Barça already 4-0 up from the first leg, there wasa slow start to the game, with the sideways passthe dominant feature of the early exchanges from both teams. Barça were happy to take the game easy, but they suffered a blow on 15 minutes when Fontas suffered a bad looking injury. Abidal came on for the youngster and just after he came on, Barça were nearly caught cold by Osasuna after the Frenchman lost possession.

Leka puts Osasuna ahead

It was Thiago who was most looking for the ball for Barça, whilst the ever active Pedro was full ofenthusiasm in a game that had few chances to warm the Pamplona crowd. Osasuna only really threatened at the end of the first half and were rewarded by a Leka goal – the first that Pinto had conceded in the Cup this season.

Alexis hits back quickly

Guardiola's team came out rather more fired up after the break and were soon laying siege to the Basque team's area, getting the equaliser from almost their first occasion when Alexis put away a great Adriano cross from the left. Soon after, the Chilean went off to be replaced by Leo Messi who showed the same enthusiasm that hebrings to any game. Then the boss was forced to make another change as Pedro came off with what looked like a slight thigh strain and Busquets came on.

Sergi Roberto scores

That substitution meant that Sergi Roberto moved up into a false number nine role and after a few minutes he was on the scoresheet after Messi had set him up in the box to ensure a quarter final spot. So now the attention will turn to Madrid and next Wednesday's trip to the Bernabeu.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Andreu Fontàs, injured, the bitter side of the game

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-13-2012 00:56

Medical tests confirmed that the player has torn the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee. The player will undergo surgery in Barcelona in the coming days

2012-01-12_PARTIDO_11.v1326413114.JPG

Fontàs being carried off the pitch / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

After 11 minutes, Andreu Fontàs couldn’t pick himself off the Reyno de Navarra pitch. The look of pain on his face sounded the warning alarms on the Barça bench. The first medical exam was administered after the medical staff carried the defender off the field. It pointed to an injury of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in the right knee. Further tests at the University of Navarra Clinic confirmed all suspicions: the player sustained a torn ACL. Fontàs will undergo surgery to correct the injury in Barcelona in the coming days.

His teammates took to Twitter immediately to show their injured colleague their support:

Gerard Deulofeu : “Congratulations hake @SergiRoberto10! Be encouraged @fontas24! Great game today.â€

Puyol : “We’re in the quarterfinals of the Cup but we’re sad because of Andreu Fontàs’ injury. Lots of encouragement Fonti.â€

Cesc : “I’m saddened by the injury of my good friend @fontas24. We’ve qualified and now we must think about our game on Sunday, it will be difficult.â€

Sergi Roberto : “A good victory at a difficult stadium. It’s a shame that my good colleague and friend @fontas24 was injured!#ànimsfontàs!â€

The Club also wants to give maximum support to@fontas24 through the hashtag #animsfontas

FCB

Back from Pamplona for training

www.fcbarcelona.cat 01-13-2012 13:35

The team got back to Barcelona this morning and went straight to the Ciutat Esportiva for a training session involving the 19 players available

The starters against Osasuna did some recovery work. Cuenca, Montoya, Sergi Roberto and Dos Santos from the B team also joined the session

The FC Barcelona aeroplane from Pamplona touched down at El Prat at about 11.15. Having qualified for the quarter finals of the Copa del Rey after knocking out Osasuna the night before,the players headed for the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. On Sunday at 21.30 they welcome Betis for a league fixture, for which reason they need to start getting ready as quickly as possible.

Recovery session

Guardiola had his full squad available apart fromthe injured players and Keita, who has left for the African Nations Cup. The first eleven against Osasuna did recovery work, while the others plus Alves and Iniesta, who didn't travel to Navarra, underwent a more intense session. They were also joined by Cuenca, Montoya, SergiRoberto and Jonathan dos Santos from the B team.

On Saturday morning at 11.00, there will be another session. That will be behind closed doors at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. Pep Guardiola will be giving a press conference straight after

FCB

Mascherano: “Having qualified for the cup quarter final, the most important thing is to keep fighting for the leagueâ€

01-13-2012 14:45

The Argentinian has said that before thinking about the quarter final with Real Madrid, the squad first has to think about Betis on Sunday

2012-01-13_ENTRENO_63.v1326462835.JPG

But he did say that it would be important to get a good result in the first leg at the Santiago Bernabéu on January 18

Pinto’s mental strength

Asked what Pinto does as a player and squad member, Mascherano highlighted his mental strength for only being the second choice at sucha club as FC Barcelona: “He has had a great playing career. He has many years of goalkeeping behind him. It is not easy to be a substitute at such a big club, and especially with Valdés being so unquestionable. He is always ready for the competitions he plays in, like the Copa del Rey, and he does a great job … You have to be very strong mentally, and he is year after year. And he’s always got a smile on his face. I have played in some huge teams, and it’s hard to find such a secure second keeper.â€

"We have to get the three points to keep fighting for the league, and we'll have time to think about Real Madrid after"

After beating Osasuna and making into the last eight of the Copa del Rey , the forthcoming duel with Mourinho took up much of the conversation with Javier Mascherano . But the midfielder insisted that "now that we have qualified for the cup quarter finals, the most important thing is to keep fighting for the league ... This team is used to thinking about our next game. That's what happens when you're playing in so many competitions. We have to get the three points to keep fighting for the league, and we'll have time to think about Real Madrid after."

Mascherano added that "this team cannot afford to throw away the league because of a five point difference. With 63 left to play for, anything can still happen. And in a way, throwing away the league in January would be underestimating our opponents ... to carry on in the cup and do well in the Champions League, it is important to maintain our level in the league.

Importance of first leg

But going back to the game against Madrid , he believes that the game at the Bernabéu "will do a lot to determine the tie ... In games like this it doesn't usually matter what form the teams are in. In a two-legged match you have to be cautious about who might be in form or not. The most important thing is to do well on the two match days, especially knowing that the first game is at the Bernabéu and they will want to bring a lead to the Camp Nou. I have no doubt that the first leg will have a huge impact on the tie".

Small details

Mascherano says that after so many encounters between the two clubs, "we know each other too well ... small details will decide the game. I think we are both in the same situation, trying to qualify for a semi final against our biggest rival. This is a very important game ... Who wouldn't be grateful for playing in a match that everybody is watching? Barça and Madrid are the two best teams in the world, I'm lucky to be here. I'd like to play because it'll mean I'll be part of something that will always be remembered, that's nice for me. Those of us who can enjoy games like this are the chosen ones."

Encouragement for Fontàs

Mascherano also had some words for Fontàs :"He looks upset after getting that injury. But there are worse things in life than injuries. He's young, he'll recover to play again. The most important thing is being positive about getting fit again."

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Spanish League Preview, Week 18

01-14-2012 11:53

With Barça closing this weekend’s fixtures late on Sunday evening, Real Madrid and Valencia both have the chance to keep up the pressure onGuardiola’s team when they play on Saturday – Madrid in Mallorca and Valencia at home to Real Sociedad

valencia.v1326539325.jpg

Valencia / FOTO: www.valenciacf.com

There are also key games between seventh and eighth placed Seville and Espanyol, as well as tough home matches for the bottom two, Zaragoza and Sporting, against Getafe and Malaga.

Madrid face Mallorca

Real Madrid will have a day more than Barça to prepare for Wednesday's Cup quarter final first leg, as they travel to Mallorca on Saturday evening . The Islanders are also through to the last eight of the Cup after their extraordinary demolition of Real Sociedad on Tuesday night (6-1) and their boss Joaquim Caparros insists:"we will try and play at a high level and with theessential element of good luck, which is always important –especially against a team like Madrid".

Contrasting Cup fortunes

Real Sociedad themselves could well still be in shock after that defeat - they scored the first goal of the game which actually put them 3-0 upon aggregate before Mallorca overwhelmed them - and they face a tough game on Saturday night at third placed Valencia, who could close towithin a point of Barça with a win. After losing 2-1 to Seville on Wednesday , but going winning on the away goals rule, Valencia are through to the Cup quarter finals where they will face fourth placed Llevant, who are themselves awayto another Cup quarter finalist Bilbao on Sunday.

Osasuna look to forget Barça defeat

Osasuna will hope that Barça's win in Pamplona on Thursday – the first home defeat for the Basques this season, will not set a trend as they face Racing who were themselves knocked out of the Cup midweek, but are are unbeaten in theleague since November. Racing's good form has taken them out of the bottom three and helped dumped Villarreal into the relegation spots. On Sunday lunchtime Villarreal travel to Atletico Madrid and with both teams having replaced their managers over Christmas, their fans will be expecting something better than the draws that were all either team could manage last week.

Crunch game for Zaragoza

Villarreal are just a point above Sporting, who face Malaga in Gijon on Sunday and whose manager Manolo Preciado insists, despite his team losing their last two games: "we can beat anybody on our day". Sporting are five points clear of Zaragoza, who sacked their manager Javier Aguirre and replaced him with Manolo Jimenez over the holidays and with trips to Levant and Real Madrid coming up, they are desperately in need of a turnaround when they face Getafe in the weekend's opening game,.

Granada and Rayo also kick off early on Saturday, as do Seville, who face another Cup quarter finalist Espanyol at the Sanchez Pijuan. Seville are level on 24 points with Espanyol and a win for either team would, momentarily at least take them above Osasuna into fifth place.

FCB,

Nick Bedson

Back