Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

O'Grove and Lligallos presented their meetings
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/04/2012 10:02
The Galician meeting will take place in June, andthe Terres de l’Ebre one on 15th of April

2012-03-31_FC_BARCELONA_-_ATHLETIC_CLUB_004.v1333528376.JPG
2012-03-31_FC_BARCELONA_-_ATHLETIC_CLUB_005.v1333528677.JPG

Poster presentation of the Galician meeting

The Camp Nou hosted two presentations of posters on Saturday. With the warm weather, the season of supporters clubs meetings has arrived, and any game at the Camp Nou is a goodtime to present the meetings.
The Peña Barcelonista O’Grove is organising this year's meeting of Galician supporters clubs, which will take place in mid-June. Jose Carlos Prol , President of the supporters club, headed the delegation, and Salvador Cerviño , delegate of the Galician Supporters Clubs Advisory Council,attended in representation of the Galician supporters clubs.
For its part, the Penya Barcelonista dels Lligallos will host the meeting of supporters clubs of the Terres de l'Ebre, Montsià and Baix Maestrat, to be held on April 15th. The President of the supporters club, Joan Guart , and the delegate of the Advisory Council for the Terres del Ebro, Ramón Fibla, attended on behalf of the area.
Jordi Cardoner i Casaus , Vice President of the Social Area, welcomed the delegations from both supporters clubs, along with Jordi Dura and Xavier Ilincheta , directors of the Penyes Commission.

FCB

Tickets for the semifinals of the ChampionsLeague

www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/04/2012 12:09

On Tuesday April 10th club members will be ableto order tickets for the first leg of the semifinals of the Champions League, to be played away at the winners of the tie between Benfica and Chelsea

In case there are more requests than tickets available, a draw will be made on April 12th, with a notary present

For the return leg at the Camp Nou, members without seats will take priority to buy tickets, from April 13th, while for the rest of the members the process will open on April 23rd

640x360_semifinals-champions.v1333534648.jpg

Tickets for the semifinals of the Champions League

TICKETS FOR THE FIRST LEG (APRIL 18TH)

From Tuesday 10th of April, from 10.00, until Wednesday April 11th at 19.00 , via the Club website ( www.fcbarcelona.cat ), the applicationprocess will open for ticket requests for the first leg of the semifinal of the Champions League , where Barça will play away against the winner of the quarterfinal tie between Benfica and Chelsea, which will be decided today.

TICKETS FOR THE FIRST LEG

The process is exclusive to Club members , and they must do it via a form available in the Members section of the website. Each member may make a single request for a ticket, but on the same form there is the possibility of placing up to four requests from members, in case they want to travel together.

Once Barca’s semifinal opponents are known, FC Barcelona will know the number of seats available for this match to be played on Wednesday 18th of April . As usual, 85% of tickets will be distributed amongst members and supporters clubs , whilst 15% will be earmarked for Barça and sponsors sports and institutional commitments .

Draw on 12th of April

All applications will be processed after the deadline established. In case there are more requests than tickets available, on Thursday April 12th a draw will be held before a notary between registered members . The same day, the Club will effect payment for the tickets, which can be picked up on Friday 13th or Monday 16th.

As happened in the games at Leverkusen and Milan, child members (under 5 years old) may not request tickets to an away game. Also, with a single credit card, one may only request a maximum of 8 tickets. Keep in mind that the picking up of tickets must be in person by the member who will use them. In case you are unable to pick them up in person, you should communicate the name of the person, along with their ID number, who will be authorized to pick up the tickets. This person may only collect up to 8 tickets for others.

TICKETS FOR THE RETURN LEG IN THE CAMP NOU (APRIL 24TH)

On Friday April 13th, from 10.00, members without seats in the Camp Nou will have exclusive priority to buy the tickets available for the second leg of the semifinals of the Champions League at the Stadium (April 24th) .

Tickets can only be purchased online through the club website, www.fcbarcelona.cat , via ServiCaixa or Ticketmaster . One can purchase a maximum of two tickets per membership card, with a discount of 5% on the first ticket . The sale will remain open as long as tickets are available.

On Monday 23rd, tickets for all members

On Monday April 23th, only to members of FC Barcelona, a second round of ticket sales will be opened , for the sale of tickets via Seient Lliure (Freed-up Seat), making available all remaining tickets. Availability will vary depending on the pace of releases made via Seient Lliure by season ticket holders who can’t attend the game. Tickets can only be purchased online through the club website, www.fcbarcelona.cat ,via ServiCaixa or Ticketmaster . A maximum of two tickets per membership card may be purchased, with a discount of 5% on the first ticket .

FCB

Tickets for the semifinals of the ChampionsLeague
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/04/2012 12:09
On Tuesday April 10th club members will be ableto order tickets for the first leg of the semifinals of the Champions League, to be played away at the winners of the tie between Benfica and Chelsea
In case there are more requests than tickets available, a draw will be made on April 12th, with a notary present
For the return leg at the Camp Nou, members without seats will take priority to buy tickets, from April 13th, while for the rest of the members the process will open on April 23rd

640x360_semifinals-champions.v1333534648.jpg

Tickets for the semifinals of the Champions League
TICKETS FOR THE FIRST LEG (APRIL 18TH)
From Tuesday 10th of April, from 10.00, until Wednesday April 11th at 19.00 , via the Club website ( www.fcbarcelona.cat ), the applicationprocess will open for ticket requests for the first leg of the semifinal of the Champions League , where Barça will play away against the winner of the quarterfinal tie between Benfica and Chelsea, which will be decided today.
TICKETS FOR THE FIRST LEG
The process is exclusive to Club members , and they must do it via a form available in the Members section of the website. Each member may make a single request for a ticket, but on the same form there is the possibility of placing up to four requests from members, in case they want to travel together.
Once Barca’s semifinal opponents are known, FC Barcelona will know the number of seats available for this match to be played on Wednesday 18th of April . As usual, 85% of tickets will be distributed amongst members and supporters clubs , whilst 15% will be earmarked for Barça and sponsors sports and institutional commitments .
Draw on 12th of April
All applications will be processed after the deadline established. In case there are more requests than tickets available, on Thursday April 12th a draw will be held before a notary between registered members . The same day, the Club will effect payment for the tickets, which can be picked up on Friday 13th or Monday 16th.
As happened in the games at Leverkusen and Milan, child members (under 5 years old) may not request tickets to an away game. Also, with a single credit card, one may only request a maximum of 8 tickets. Keep in mind that the picking up of tickets must be in person by the member who will use them. In case you are unable to pick them up in person, you should communicate the name of the person, along with their ID number, who will be authorized to pick up the tickets. This person may only collect up to 8 tickets for others.
TICKETS FOR THE RETURN LEG IN THE CAMP NOU (APRIL 24TH)
On Friday April 13th, from 10.00, members without seats in the Camp Nou will have exclusive priority to buy the tickets available for the second leg of the semifinals of the Champions League at the Stadium (April 24th) .
Tickets can only be purchased online through the club website, www.fcbarcelona.cat , via ServiCaixa or Ticketmaster . One can purchase a maximum of two tickets per membership card, with a discount of 5% on the first ticket . The sale will remain open as long as tickets are available.
On Monday 23rd, tickets for all members
On Monday April 23th, only to members of FC Barcelona, a second round of ticket sales will be opened , for the sale of tickets via Seient Lliure (Freed-up Seat), making available all remaining tickets. Availability will vary depending on the pace of releases made via Seient Lliure by season ticket holders who can’t attend the game. Tickets can only be purchased online through the club website, www.fcbarcelona.cat ,via ServiCaixa or Ticketmaster . A maximum of two tickets per membership card may be purchased, with a discount of 5% on the first ticket .

FCB

Iniesta: "Whoever we get in the semifinals it will be really tough"

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 04/04/2012 11:48

Andres Iniesta, happy to have qualified for the semifinals of the Champions League, has no doubt that, whether Benfica or Chelsea are Barça’s rivals, to get to the Final will not be easy

Referring to Messi, Iniesta said that "at the age he is, he’ll shatter all the records"

2012-04-03_BARCELONA-MILAN_53.v1333539334.JPG

Now for Zaragoza

Now, with classification in the bag, it’s time to focus back on the League, starting with this Saturday's game at Zaragoza. "First up now, is Zaragoza. We’ll go there and try to play well andbring home all three points, and hope to be able to close the gap with Real Madrid".

In the 53rd minute, Iniesta scored the third Barçagoal to make it 3-1, the goal that calmed the team down to achieve their goal of qualifying for the semifinals of the Champions League. With the ticket for the semis in the bag, Iniesta, in an interview on the Barça TV program ‘El Marcador’ , pointed out how hard it will be to getto the Champions League Final, whether it be Benfica or Chelsea in the semifinal. "Whoever we get in the semifinals it will be really tough," he warned.

This Tuesday was the fifth consecutive time that Barça have reached the semifinals of the Champions League . "It’s the result of a job well done year after year and this is the only way youcan put it. This team has ambition and results come with that"said Iniesta, for whom the squadis now "in very good shape", something they have to maintain.

High demands on himself

Iniesta was pleased with his goal, and especiallyto "have helped the team" with it. At the same time, he’s very demanding with himself and withhis performance in front of goal: "I feel that I’ve had chances and maybe should have scored more goals than I have. It’s a question of ambition, because I aim to help out in every game and become a more complete player. It's achallenge I set every year and I try to score moregoals. There are times that, from off the pitch, it seems like a very clear goal chance, but on the pitch you choose to pass. But this factor shouldn’tcondition my game although it might improve it, not just for myself but also for the team".

He dedicated his goal in the Milan match, as he’s done on other occasions, to his daughter Valeria. His celebration on Tuesday, however, was somewhat different, since it coincided with his little ones first birthday: "Like it or not it’s a small or great motivation for each player, and I’m really glad I could dedicate the goal to her".

More praise for Messi

Once again, Messi was decisive, this time with the two penalties he scored. Iniesta praised his teammate and, in turn, points to the importance of teamwork: "At Leo’s age, he’ll shatter all the records. For our part, we’ll just try to keep that going as long as we can. When the team works as a whole, everyone is able to give the best of themselves".

Iniesta is among the ten players with most matches played in FC Barcelona shirt: "It’s an honor and a privilege to join this list that’s so hard to achieve. It’s very difficult to reach these numbers and even more so for this club. We hope these stats continue to grow".

FCB

Guardiola’s Barça have won 27 of the 29 ties over two legs

04/04/2012 12:12
Since the 2008/09 season, Barça have gone through in 93% of ties over two legs, including the Champions League, the Spanish Cup, and the Spanish Super Cup
In the tie against AC Milan, FC Barcelona outplayed the Italians in almost every facet of the game, for example in goal chances (38 to 8)

fcb-milan-quarts_tornada_14_.v1333536990.JPG

PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
Benfica or Chelsea, Barca’s possible rivals, have a tough road ahead if they are already thinking about the Final in Munich . This phrase is not gratuitous, but based on Barca’s effectiveness in elimination games over two legs. Since they beat Wisla Crakòvia in the Champions League qualifier in the summer of 2008, Guardiola’s Barça have gone through to the next round in 27 of the 29 ties they’ve played (they only failed in 2009/10, against Sevilla in the Spanish Cup, and against Inter in the Champions League). AC Milanwas their last victim.
Here are some important facts and statistic that came out of the game against Milan:
- Over the 2 two games, Barça were superior to AC Milan in almost all aspects: goal chances (38 to 8), shots on goal (13 to 3), ball possession (61% to 39%) and fouls committed (18 to 33)
- Leo Messi and Zlatan Ibrahimovic came into thequarterfinal leg as the main offensive references for Barça and Milan, respectively. After 180 minutes, the balance is overwhelming:Messi, 2 goals from 13 chances (8 shots on goal), Ibra, no goals, and only 1 shot on goal.
- In fact, the Argentinian already has 14 goals in the Champions League this season, equalling Altafini (AC Milan), who in 1963 set the record for being top scorer in the Champions League in one season. Messi now has scored 51 goals in the Champions League, and is already the third highest scorer in history, behind only Raul (71) and Van Nisterlooy (56).
- It’s the fifth consecutive time that Barça have reached the semifinals of the Champions , a feat that no other club has achieved (Manchester United and Juventus had done it 4 times in a row). In the old European Cup, Di Stefano’s Real Madrid also got to five consecutive semis.
- With Tuesday's game at Camp Nou, Guardiola reached 50 as manager in the Champions League, while Dani Alves has now played 200 games in a Barça shirt . In addition, Carles Puyol is now the second player with more games for Barca (550), after overtaking Miguel.
- Just like in the Final of the World Club Championship in Japan, Guardiola lined-up his team with 9 players brought up through the youth set-up in the starting eleven, only Masherano and Alves had not come through the Academy.
- The Camp Nou witnessed the second best crowd of the season at home (94,629 spectators), just behind the Barça-Madrid Spanish Cup game (95,486)

FCB,

DAVID SAURA

Cuenca: "I'm just enjoying the moment"

04/04/2012 12:55
Isaac Cuenca, very happy with his starting place in the Champions League line-up on Tuesday against Milan, says he is fully focused on "doing things the best way possible to help the team"

2012-02-22_ENTRENO_07.v1333541394.JPG

Cuenca / PHOTO: ARCHIVE FCB
"Each day I try to improve so I can help the team, and, in turn, become a better player"
"We’re dedicated to playing the best possible way and not thinking about other things"
In a short time he’s gone from being on loan to Sabadell, playing in the Second Division B, to becoming a Barça first team player, having first played in the reserve team. Perhaps Isaac Cuenca could hardly imagine on the day of his official debut with the first team, on October 2oth, 2011, against Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League , that Josep Guardiola would include him in the starting line-up in the return leg of the quarter-final against Milan. "I have no time even to think about it. I'm enjoying the moment and each day I try to improve so I can help the team, and, in turn, become a better player" he said about the current dream he’s living.
Focussed on helping the team
According to the Barcelona winger, the fact that Josep Guardiola chose him to be in the starting line-up against Milan was a complete surprise: "Ijust felt really happy, the truth is that I didn’t expect it at all. When I was told that I would be playing I was thrilled. I’m very happy". In the same vein, Cuenca explained that once a player knows he’s in the starting eleven, "it doesn’t matter who you’re up against.......you just think about doing things the best way possible to helpthe team".
The rapid evolution of his career has done nothing to change his day to day routine: "I play in bigger stadiums with more spectators, and now people recognise me more in the street, butmy life hasn’t changed".
Totally oblivious to the comments made about referees, and happy for Barça having achieved the fifth consecutive appearance in a ChampionsLeague semi-final, Cuenca said they think more about " what we have done more than what is being talked about from outside.....we’re dedicated to playing the best possible way and not thinking about other things. We’re delighted to continue making history".

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Muniesa's contract extension to take effect
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/04/2012 12:59
The Club informed Marc Muniesa that contract extension clause that the player signed last season will take effect at the end of this season, the player will be part of the first team through June, 2013

2012-04-04_FIRMA_RENOVACION_CONTRATO_MARC_MUNIESA_010.v1333540263.jpg

This Wednesday, Marc Muniesa signed his automatic contract extension which was included in the contract that he signed last season - February 15th, 2011. The Barça B player will move up to the first team next season.
Integrated in the first team
The 20-year-old Catalan defender is known for his ability to play in different parts of the pitch. This season with Barça B, he played as a centre back, left back and sweeper. Muniesa has been apermanent fixture in the first-team training sessions ever since news of Éric Abidal’s scheduled surgery was announced. The La Masia graduate to-be played a couple of minutes in theChampions League clash against Bayer Leverkusen.

FCB

King's Cup Final: 61,569 tickets requested
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/04/2012 19:05
FC Barcelona members have applied for 61,569 King’s Cup Final tickets
Seeing that demand has surpassed supply, the Club will hold a draw next Tuesday. The draw will be broadcast live on Barça TV

fcb-milan-quarts_tornada_62_.v1333553927.jpg

Barça fans / PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS - FCB
The ticket application process for the King’s Cup final against Athletic Club at the Vicente Calderón came to a close this Wednesday at 19:00. A total of 61,592 tickets were petitioned through 27,302 applications during the six days that Club members had to apply for a ticket - the process opened on Friday morning.
It’s worth mentioning that each member was allowed to apply for one ticket, however, up to four petitions could be filed per application, should those members want to travel together.
The draw, Tuesday at 9:30
FC Barcelona will hold a draw at 9:30 in the Ricard Maxenchs Press Room . The draw is open to Club members and it will be conducted with the assistance of a notary. The notary will validate the drawn numbers via computer, from which the 13,600 available tickets to the Club will be distributed to members.
The draw, open to members, will be broadcast live on Barça TV . Vice president of the FC Barcelona’s Social Area, Jordi Cardoner , and vice president of FC Barcelona’s Institutional Area, Carles Villarrubí , will be present.
Tickets starting at €60
On the 10th, 11th, and 12th of April, the Club will inform ticket-winning members on how to collect their tickets as well as finalize payment. If a member is awarded a ticket, the Club will automatically charge the ticket reservation fee of €60, which is the minimum price for a ticket. The difference in price, should a member desire to upgrade their ticket, will be paid at the ticketing window upon ticket collection. The ticket pick-up process will follow the order of the draw. In the event that the Club cannot charge the reservation fee, the right to reserve a ticket will be lost to the member.
85% of the tickets, for Club members
85% of the tickets for Club members

The Vicente Calderón has a capacity of 50,000, each club will have 20,000 to give out to their fans, while the rest are reserved for the Spanish Football Federation. As usual, 85% of the tickets available for the final (17,000) are allocated to members (13,600) and Supporters Clubs (3,4000). The remaining 15% (3,000) are reserved for the Club for institutional and sponsorship purposes.

FCB

Chelsea, Barça's semifinal rival in the Champions League

04/04/2012 22:48
The English side sent Benfica out of the competition after beating the Portuguese side 2-1 at Stamford Bridge. They will face Barça in the semifinals of the Champions League
The away leg will be played on Wednesday, April 18, at Stamford Bridge and the return leg, on the 24th, will be at the Camp Nou

chelseafccom.v1333572801.jpg

Meirelles. PHOTO: chelseafc.com
Barça know who their opponents will be in the semifinals of the Champions League. It will be Chelsea, who sent Benfica out of the competitionin the quarterfinal round. The Blues won the away leg in Portugal by 0-1 and this Wednesday they sealed passage to the next round by 2-1 in London. The English side went ahead thanks to apenalty shot by Lampard, however, even though Benfica were down a man throughout the wholesecond half when Pereira was sent off, Javi Garcia brought his team level on 85 minutes. Chelsea scored their second in stoppage time through Meirelles.
To get to the quarterfinals, Chelsea beat Naples is a thrilling Round of 16 matchup. They finished first in their group ahead of Leverkusen, Valenciaand Genk.
Irregular season in the league
The Champions League has been the competition that Chelsea have found the most success this season. They currently sit in fifth position, 23 points adrift from the leaders, in the Premier League. André Villas-Boas was sacked earlier this season due to the team’s irregular performance in the domestic competition. The English side is currently managed by Roberto di Matteo.
The team have a slew of fantastic players like Cech, Terry, Essien, Lampard and Drogba, including well-known footballers to Barça fans like Fernando Torres, Juan Mata and the ex-Barça player Oriol Romeu.
Historic matches
The Chelsea-Barça matchup has turned into a European classic. The English and the Catalans have been involved in some of the most vibrant European games in recent memory. The most recent of which is the unforgettable game where Iniesta scored in the last minute of the semifinal match in 2009 at Stamford Bridge which gave Barça passage to the final in Rome.
Bayern-Madrid, the other semifinal
Expectations were met on the other side of the bracket as both Bayern Munich and Real Madrid beat their quarterfinal opponents to reach the semifinals. The away leg will be played at the Allianz Arena, on April 17th, and the return leg will be at the Santiago Bernabéu on the 25th.

FCB,

Jordi Clos

Successful contest on Tencent for the Barça-Real Madrid match

04/05/2012 10:00
Three Chinese fans will traverse more than 10,000 kilometers to watch the Clásico with RealMadrid at the Camp Nou thanks to a contest organised by Barça on the Chinese social network Tencent
More than 11,000 contestants had to show their passion for Barça as well as demonstrate their knowledge of the Club and Catalonia
The contest website received over six million visitors in less than a month, which is a good indicator of the Club’s impact on the Chinese market

SCtencent.v1333380834.png

Close to one million fans on Tencent
The contest, which is searching for a Barça Chinese ambassador to the Clásico, is organised by FC Barcelona , Tencent Sport and Catalunya Turisme and is sponsored by Nike and Turkish Airlines . This contests reinforces the alliance that was forged a couple of months ago between the Club and the giant Chinese Internetprovider.
Since November, Barça have a verified account on Tencent Weibo . The account, which is an important medium for the Club to communicate with its Chinese fans, is close to reaching one million followers.
FC Barcelona ’s foray into the Chinese market is bearing its fruits. Tencent Sport and Catalunya Turisme through the Chinese social network Tencent Weibo , in collaboration with FC Barcelona, have launched a nation-wide contest.The contest will name three winners who will traverse 10,000 kilometers to enjoy the Clásico at the Camp Nou against Real Madrid on April 21st.
The contest website, which went live on March 14th, has already had 6.5 million visitors and garnered 4.8 comments in a little under a month.11,194 users have signed up for the contest in the hope that they will be the lucky winners to see Pep Guardiola ’s team against Los Blancos.
The 11,194 contestants from different parts of the Asian country showed off their passion for the Barça colours through encouraging messages to the team and a photo. The top 50 entries were picked to go onto the next round, the 50 remaining contestants were then quizzedon their knowledge of FC Barcelona, the city and Catalonia. The contestants had to answer questions like: “Who scored the goals in the 2-6 win at the Santiago Bernabéu?†or “What year did construction of the Sagrada Familia begin?â€
Juicy grand prize
20 contestants were selected to go into the final round. They will have to make a video explaining why they should be the Chinese supporters ambassador to Barça based on their knowledge of the Club, history of the country and their passion for the Azulgrana colours. The three winners will travel to Barcelona with Clásico tickets in hand and they will also enjoy a guided tour of the installations of the Club and the most emblematic parts of Catalonia.

FCB,

LARA ZHENG

Tickets to Champions League Semifinals: Barça - Chelsea
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/05/2012 11:36
First leg set for 18 April in London, return on 24 April at Camp Nou

640x360_semifinals-champions-chelsea.v1333572224.jpg

Chelsea - FCB
For fifth season running, Barça qualified for the Champions League semifinals. This time, the Guardiola team is facing Chelsea to reach the final in Munich. The first leg will be played at Stamford Bridge on 18 April, with the return on 24 April at Camp Nou.
Leg in London
For the trip to London the penyes can apply for tickets frin 10 April at 10 am until 11 April at 7 pm via the form on the Club website. The club key, contact details, the zone which the club is situated and the details of a credit card must be supplied when the application is made.
You can also include the number of tickets required, which will be assigned according to availability and demand.
Click HERE to apply for tickets.
Second leg at Camp Nou
For the game at the Camp Nou, tickets can be applied for before 17 April at reserva.penyes@fcbarcelona.cat, with the following details required:
- Name and number of the penya
- Contact details
- Number of tickets required
- Credit card details
Tickets will be distributed according to availability and demand during the application period.

FCB

One goal short of Guardiola era record

04/05/2012 11:50
The first team celebrated their 157th goal so far this season on Tuesday – and that leaves them just one short of the record for a season under Guardiola in the 2008/09 campaign
Messi, with 58 goals is the leading scorer, averaging 1.18 goals a game

2012-03-24_MALLORCA-BARCELONA_34.v1333619708.JPG

PHOTO: ARCHIVE FCB
This season’s team look set to become the highest scoring of the Guardiola era, having already scored 157 – just one less than the current record set in the 2008/09 season. In the 2009/10 campaign, the team scored 138 and lastyear they managed 152.
2,97 goals a game
Those 157 goals have come in just 53 games over the six tournaments the team have been involved in: 86 goals in la Lliga, 33 in the Champions League, 23 in the Spanish Cup, 8 in the World Club Cup, 5 in the Spanish and 2 in the European Super Cups. That works out at an average of 2,97 goals a game - much higher thanprevious seasons (2,54 in 2008/09, 2,33 in 09/10 and 2,45 in 2010/11).
19 different marksmen
A total of 19 players have scored so far this season: Messi (58 goals), Cesc (15), Xavi (14), Alexis (11), Villa (9), Iniesta (7), Pedro (7), Tello (7), Cuenca (4), Thiago (3), Alves (3), Adriano (3), Puyol (3), Keita (2), Piqué (2), Sergi Roberto (2), Montoya (1), Abidal (1) and Maxwell (1). The team have also benefited from four own goals – two in La Liga and two in the Champions League.
Leo Messi’s stats really stand out: the Argentinean has scored 37% of Barça’s goals, averaging 1.18 goals a game.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Iniesta goal marks the history of games against Chelsea

04/05/2012 12:55
Barça and Chelsea have met six times in European competitions with the 2009 semi final – when Iniesta scored a late winner to take Barça into the final – the most memorable

chelsea-fcb_4_-Optimized.v1333623938.jpg

Chelsea and Barça are set to meet in the Champions League semis once again after a series of games between the two over the last decade, with the 2009 semi perhaps the most memorable.
Four days after seeing off Madrid 2-6 in the Bernabeu – a result that virtually ensured Guardiola’s team took the league title – Barça travelled to Stamford Bridge after drawing 0-0 in the Camp Nou in the first leg. Reduced to 10 men after Abidal saw red, Barça were up againstthe wall when Alves, in injury time, put in a crossfrom the right to the far post: Eto’o headed it back towards Messi, who laid it off for Iniesta onthe edge of the area and the Spanish midfielder fired in a brilliant shot which gave Cech no chance and booked Guardiola’s team a place in the Rome final.
Three match ups in three years
That meeting was the third time the two teams had met since 2005, when the Londoners, under the ownership of Roman Abramovich, began to chisel out a place in Europe’s elite. With the arrival of José Mourinho, the temperature of the games began to increase.
In the 2005 quarter finals, it was Chelsea who got through, whilst a year later at the same stage and with a young Messi and unstoppable Ronaldinho, it was Barça who had the upper hand . In the 2006/07 group stage, the English team finished top of the group thanks to the draw they achieved at the Camp Nou.
Historic fight back
However, the excitement of the games between the two goes back further: one of the most spectacular comebacks in the Club’s European history came in the 99/00 season when Louis vanGaal’s team overturned a 3-1 defeat in the first leg at Stamford Bridge to win 5-1 at the Camp Nou.
Before that, the two had only previously met in the 1965/66 Fairs Cup, when Barça needed a third play off game to see of f the Londoners in the semi finals – a forerunner of the close and exciting games between the two that were to come.

FCB,

Jordi Clos

FC Barcelona - Lobelle Santiago: focus on the Liga
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/06/2012 09:15
Barça Alusport will host Lobelle (21:00, Barça TV and Esport3) in the Liga. The match is marked by the recent Spanish Cup final that pitted both teams against each other

2011-10-08_FCB_ALUSPORT_-_UMACON_ZARAGOZA_021.v1333639467.jpg

Ari Santos celebrating a goal / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB
This Tuesday Barça Alusport played in the semifinal of the King’s Cup and they were handed their semifinal matchup for the UEFA Futsal Cup on the same day. This Friday’s match, however, the Catalans will take on Lobelle Santiago in the Liga. Carmona and his men need to forget about the final of the King’s Cup and exclusively focus on the domestic competition, where the duel at the top of the table with ElPozo Murica, level on points, is sure to exactly ahigh mental and physical toll on the players for the rest of the season.
Repeat of the Spanish Cup final
The Palau Blaugrana will pit both the finalists of the Spanish Cup against each other. Three weeks ago, Barça Alusport and Lobelle Santiago faced off in a hard-fought final match in Logroño- which was decided in overtime by Wilde and Lozano. In that match, the Santiago side managed to draw level with Barça on two occasions. It’s a good warning to Carmona’s men as they attempt to secure the points tomorrow.
Neither Cristian nor Gabriel
Barça struggled in the first match of the season against Lobelle. The Catalans, however, won by 1-4. Marc Carmona will be without two key players on Friday; Cristian and Gabriel, both of whom helped Barça take the first game against Lobelle, will miss the match due to injury.

FCB

19-player squad to face Zaragoza; Piqué
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/06/2012 12:34
The player did not recover in time from the injury he picked up against AC Milan
Guardiola has named 19 players, 16 from the first team plus Montoya, Muniesa and Tello, to the Barça squad

2012-04-06_ENTRENO_01.v1333710258.JPG

Gerard Piqué will not play against his ex-team inZaragoza. The centre defender continues to have issues with the injury he picked up against AC Milan on Tuesday and will not travel to Aragón.
Guardiola has named the same players to his team as he did against AC Milan with the exception of Piqué. 19 Barça players will travel to La Romareda, the 16 available first-team players plus Montoya , Muniesa and Tello .
Saturday, by train
In today’s training session, the last one before tomorrow’s match, both Éric Abidal and Ibrahim Afellay participated whilst Piqué worked on his recovery.
The team will travel to Zaragoza on Saturday. They will leave the Camp Nou at 9:25 for Sants Estació where they will board a train to Zaragoza. They’re scheduled to arrive at 11:30. Kickoff is set for 20:00.

FCB

Five wins in last six visits to La Romareda

04/06/2012 14:40
Since 2004, FC Barcelona have won five games at Zaragoza and only lost once, in the 2006/07 season
Barça have always got three points at Zaragoza under Guardiola
The last defeat in Aragon was also on April 7, five years ago

saragossa-fcb_12_.v1333723682.JPG

PHOTO: ARCHIVE FCB
Although it’s traditionally one of the toughest away grounds to visit, FC Barcelona have done well on recent trips to La Romareda . Five times out of the last six times they have come away with all three points, but did duffer defeat there in the 2006/07 season.
Five Messi goals
The last two games at La Romareda have been especially spectacular. A year ago, Messi bagged a brace in a 2-0 Barcelona win, and the Argentinian was also the star the previous season. That time he got a hat-trick, including one goal in which he took the ball single handedout of midfield. Barça won that game 4-2, making it two out of two in the Guardiola era.
Diego Milito, the last assassin
In the 2008/09 season, Zaragoza were in the second division, and a year earlier, in 2007/08, Barça won 2-1 with goals from Henry and Ronaldinho . The only recent defeat at La Romareda came a year before that, 1-0, with thesolitary goal scored by Diego Milito . Hopefully it is mere coincidence that that game was played on April 7, the same date as this weekend’s rematch between the two sides.
The year before that loss, in the 2005/06 season,the Rijkaard managed side won 2-0 , having previously won 4-1 in 2004/05 . In 2003/04 , Zaragoza got the better of the Catalans, winning 2-1 .

FCB,

ROGER BOGUNYÀ

Guardiola: “Games like these are the most difficult there areâ€

04/06/2012 14:43
The Barça coach insists that they are going to La Romareda just as Zaragoza are hitting their best form and spoke about the difficulty of playing teams that are fighting against relegation
He also mentioned the experience of their next Champions League opposition, Chelsea

2012-04-06_ENTRENO_48.v1333716556.JPG

Afellay developing well
Josep Guardiola is happy with the way Afellay is progressing. The Dutchman is training normally, although he has yet to be given medical clearance to play. But the FCB manager thinks there’s even a chance he could be back before the season is out. “I think so†he said. “I think he will because he’s doing well in training. We’re happy to have him back and that he’s doing so well. The surgery has gone even better than we’d hoped.â€
“There will be time to think about Chelsea later.We now have a very intense week against three intense opponents, uncomfortable, defensive teams, and we’ll need to be alert.
Josep Guardiola knows they’ve got a tough game ahead of them at La Romareda . “Undoubtedly we are facing Zaragoza in their best moment. They have found good form and have beaten teams like Atlético Madrid and Valencia . I’ve watched them and they’re very intense. It will be a tough game because there’s a lot to play for. Let’s see if we can recover from last week’s exertions and deal with the next three games.â€
A team that believes in itself
As the manager observed, from being twelve points away from survival, they are now just four, and “with eight or nine games left until the end of the competition, the games against teams near the bottom of the table are the most difficult there are … I think they have a good chance of staying up, and that makes them even more dangerous.†He considers Zaragoza to be a good example of a team that believes in itself, and “as long as there is a still a chance, they’ll always keep fightingâ€.
Gerard Piqué will be missing on Saturday, as he is still suffering from a thigh injury. Neither is it clear whether Xavi will be in the right condition to play. “ Xavi has done well in training. He’ll play when he’s ready. It’s the kind of thing that happens to him now and again through tiredness. We’ll decide what to do tomorrow†said Guardiola .
He was asked whether certain players suffer more than others at this stage of the season, andanswered that “there are some that have the capacity to tolerate games and the effort involved more than others. With others you haveto evaluate the effort they are making more. When you’re playing three games a week, you have to be especially careful with certain players.â€
Chelsea experience
Guardiola also spoke about the club they will be meeting in the semi finals of the Champions league , Chelsea , saying that “they are one of the historic teams in English football of late. They are a very experienced team, and they have fantastic players in every sense. They’re one of the great European teams, and in short competitions they are capable of everything andmore. Of course, in the Champions League semi finals there are no easy teams.â€
But for the time being he prefers to concentrate on domestic matters. “There will be time to think about Chelsea later. We now have a very intense week against three intense opponents, uncomfortable, defensive teams, and we’ll need to be alert. Always playing attacking football creates fatigue, more than you might think. We have to see what condition we are in. After that, it’ll be my pleasure to talk about Chelsea.â€
Mourinho has said that he’s sure Barça will qualify for the Champions League final. The Barça manager replied that “I’m grateful for his confidence, but all four of the teams have a chance of getting throughâ€.
Finally, he was asked to comment on Barça only having two days’ rest before the clásico against Real Madrid at the Camp Nou . “That’s what we’ve got†sighed Guardiola . “ Bilbao have already given us a lesson in how to deal with this fixture list.At this stage of the season, you don’t feel the tiredness so much because the endis in sight. Every bit of effort and dedication we have will go into winning titles.â€

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Barça Alusport - Lobelle Santiago: heart-stopping comeback (3-2)

04/06/2012 23:06
Quintela put the visiting side ahead after three minutes, but Igor equalized 60 seconds later
Four minutes from the end, Torras made it 2-1 for Barça after a brilliant team performance in the second half
Wilde scored the third, but Lobelle made it 3-2, and could have drawn, in the dying minutes of the match

2012-04-06_FCB_ALUSPORT_-_AUTOS_LOBELLE_DE_SANTIAGO_FS_029.v1333746799.jpg

Torras after scoring the 2-1 against Lobelle / PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS-FCB
MATCH STATS
Barça Alusport, 3
Lobelle Santiago, 2
Barça Alusport (1+2): Sedano, Ari Santos, Saad, Igor, Fernandao (starting five), Torras, Javi Rodríguez, Lozano, Wilde, Lin
Lobelle Santiago (1+1): Ãlex, Hamza, Barroso, Luis, Raúl Campos (starting five), Aicardo, David, Charlie, Chaguinha, Quintela
Goals: 0-1, Quintela (min 3); 1-1, Igor (min 4); 2-1, Torras (min 37); 3-1, Wilde (min 38); 3-2, Aicardo (min 39)
Referee: Martínez Segovia and Sánchez Molina
Games like these build a fan base. Barça Alusport beat Lobelle Santiago, a rematch from the Spain Cup, in a frenetic and merciless match. The Palau Blaugrana was full; spectators answered the call of the Barça Futsal manager as they watched their team go to the half level on goals, exploded with excitement in the second half and suffered in the dying minutes as the Gallegos came within inches of equalizing 3-3. Barça Alusport had to fight back from a goal down at the start - it was Wilde and Torras who turned the game around and gave their team a two-goal lead. Igor, however, was the man to bring the Azulgranas level in the first half.
At the end of the match, Barça defended their lead tooth and nail against a Lobelle side that simply wouldn’t give respite. The victory allows Barça to maintain their top-of-the-table duel with ElPozo Murcia, who level on points.
Early goal exchange
Barça Alusport was the dominant team at the start of the match. They pressured well all over the court and they created goalscoring chances after long periods of possession. Lobelle Santiago, on the other hand, took advantage of their first chance on goal to score the opener of the match. The goal came after a good assist from Aicardo from the right wing for Quintela, who did well to beat Sedano.
The Barça response was immediate. Igor scored the equalizer after a magnificent piece of footwork and subsequent shot. In four minutes, both teams had drawn blood. It was a heart-stopping start to the match. However, with the 1-1 on the board, both teams settled into a slightly less frenetic pace. In fact, both teams were struggling to find their rhythm after the goal. The only goalscoring chances came from set pieces, but that proved less than adequate tobreak the deadlock.
The best chance before the half was Lozano’s. The Barça player unleashed a missile of a shot atthe Lobelle goal but Alex, the keeper, did well todivert the danger. At the other end, Javi Rodríguez almost scored an own goal - the ball hit the post.
Consistency is rewarded
In the second half Barça Alusport found the fluidity that they were lacking in the first 20 minutes of the match. Chances started to materialize. Lozano, Wilde, Torras and Saad all had the chance to make it 2-1. However, the last touch let them all down, as well as a superb Alexin goal. The 1-1 seemed to be unjust as time went on - Lobelle were completely pinned back in their area.
With five minutes to go, Carmona sent in Javi Rodríguez as a keeper-player. After two plays with Rodríguez on the court, the 2-1 finally came. Torras, with four minutes left, netted the go-ahead goal. The Palau erupted as their team took the lead. From that moment on Lobelle lost the plot. The visiting side protested more than they should have and they took themselves out of the game. Barça took advantage and after a fantastic passing play, Wilde made it 3-1.
It looked as though the game was over, but Lobelle - who also sent out a keeper-player- scored the 3-2 through Aicardo with a little over a minute to go from the end. In the last play of the match, with less than a second left, Aicardo could have scored the equalizer, but his shot wasblocked by his own teammate on the Barça goal line. It was justice, Barça Alusport had won the match.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

The Azulgrana Roundup, Week 11

04/07/2012 09:30
In this week's Roundup: Javier Mascherano, the unsung hero of this Barça sqaud; what makes Josep Guardiola an exceptional manager; GerardDeulofeu, the next La Masia graduate to make a splash in the first team; Leo Messi in football's Sistine Chapel

celebraci_Lliga_125_.v1316277106.JPG

Josep Guardiola during the 2009/10 La Liga title celebration. Photo: Miguel Ruiz-FCB
Have ideas for the column? Share them!
If you have any suggestions for this column, please don't hesitate to share them with us. Tweet them at FC Barcelona's twitter account and be sure to use the #FCBroundup hashtag.
*. New York Times . Rob Hughes. Fans Know Genius When They See It
“And yes, Messi, still only 24 years of age, equaled or beat several European records. He is more, much more, than an accumulator of statistics, but on the night that Messi became theyoungest player to pass 50 goals in the Champions League, he also equaled the 14 goalsin one European season set by Milan’s former great, the Brazilian José Altafini, in 1962-3.â€
*. El Mundo . Orfeo Suárez. Messi en la Capilla Sixtina
“Tuve el privilegio de hablar con Messi, en una larga entrevista en la que el argentino se desnudó a sí mismo para decir que era feliz en elcampo, pero que cuando no jugaba, se volvía loco. Definió, asimismo, su fútbol como el de un niño, intuitivo y salvaje. Sin que esas propiedades hayan menguado, muy al contrario, el fútbol del Messi actual, el del choque contra elMilan, es el de un hombre cargado con la responsabilidad de un líder.â€
*. Eurosport . Christian Pulina. Javier Mascherano, el jugador que cambió el pico por la pala
“Javier Mascherano, es el jugador que cambia el pico, por la pala. Otro de esos jugadores que en este circo mediático en el que vive el fútbol no tendrá su hueco entre los mejores del mundo porno ser un "jugón", pero puede estar seguro "el jefecito", de que millones de aficionados a este juego, entre los que obviamente me encuentro, siempre le consideraremos como uno de los más grandes.â€
*. The Guardian . Jonathan Wilson. The Question: what marks Pep Guardiola out as a great coach?
“What is interesting about that is the way that it has changed the mindset. Barcelona often don't play a back three or a back four, but a hybrid – a back three and a half, perhaps. In the Clásico, that meant Sergio Busquets dropping deep to become an extremely deep-lying playmaker.On Tuesday, against Milan, it meant Dani Alves being given freedom to charge down the right flank, operating most of the time as an attackingmidfielder. When they use a back four it is with the knowledge of a back three; when they play a back three it is with the knowledge of a four. Itis neither one thing nor the other, but both simultaneously, gloriously protean and so are allbut impossible to counter.â€
*. Banco Sabadell. Pep Guardiola & Fernando Trueba - Conversaciones sobre el futuro [Spanish]
Josep Guardiola and film director Fernando Trueba talk about what motivates them, how they view the future and the intangibles that give them joy in their day-to-day work on the pitch and in the studio.
*. Total Barça . Defending the League
“Just how Pep shuffles the back four without losing the much improved defensive displays wehave seen of late may well prove to be the most significant factor over these next few gamesâ€
*. Sportskeeda . Guardiola's Barcelona-Reinventing Total Football
“The roots of Total Football are ingrained deep within the setup at La Masia. The golden generation of Barcelona and arguably, the Golden Team of world football has its logistics based on the codecs of this simple yet so confusing style of play, and it is fitting that the mastermind – Pep Guardiola – is making apt use of the ‘user-friendly- and ‘use how you want’ nature of these players!â€
*. Football Cantera . Caleb Cousens. Gerard Deulofeu
“It was only a matter of days until we came to a member of the world’s best team. FC Barcelona and more specifically their illustrious cantera La Masia have developed and produced some of the best players in the world at the moment. Even when trying to decide on a youngster to profile and follow for the website I had a list of six who are developing into the next generation to play at the Camp Nou. Players like Isaac Cuenca and Christian Tello are recent graduates of the cantera and have been showing Europe that FC Barcelona are a far way from being done but I wanted to delve deeper. Wingers seem to be coming a dime a dozen for the Catala giants but one seems absolutely destined for big things.â€

FCB,

Ian MacLurg

Zaragoza-FC Barcelona: The game of hope

04/07/2012 10:00
20.00, GOLT and Canal+ Liga: Zaragoza and Barça meet just as they have hit on their best form of the championship. The home side is dreaming of survival, the visitors are dreaming of the title

2012-02-26_ATLETICO-BARCELONA_33.v1333798311.JPG

ATLETICO - FCB / FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
Both Zaragoza and Barça’s form will be put the test on Saturday evening at La Romareda. The Aragonese outfit has just won three games in a row and are now just four points away from the safety. Meanwhile, the Catalans have just won eight games on the trot and have cut Real Madrid’s ten point lead down to six. A win wouldtemporarily reduce the deficit to just three, with Madrid playing Valencia on Sunday night. Also, Barça are just one goal short of equalling their highest ever tally under Pep Guardiola.
Barça have a tough schedule, with crunch Champions league matches interlaced with theirchase for the Liga title. Confidence is on a high after such a brilliant performance against AC Milan on Tuesday, which saw them through to their fifth consecutive semi final. And now they travel to a ground where they have done exceptionally well in recent seasons, although the wins have never been easy – and with Zaragoza fighting to stay up, this season’s encounter is likely to be just as challenging. In his pre-match press conference, Guardiola predicted “a very tough and intense matchâ€.
Without Piqué
Gerard Piqué was taken off against Milan with a thigh injury and has not recovered in time to turnout against Zaragoza. The coaching staff have opted to travel with 19 players, all 16 available first team players plus Muniesa, Montoya and Tello from the reserves. In addition to Piqué, Afellay, Villa, Fontàs and Abidal are also out.
Aragonese dream
But Zaragoza have absences of their own to dealwith. All of Mateos, Apoño and Luis García are suspended. But back to back wins against Valencia, Atlético Madrid and Sporting have put optimism back into the hearts of the Romareda faithful. Manager Manolo Jiménez has managed to turn fortunes around at Zaragoza and the players are going into this match in the firm belief that they can spring a major surprise.

FCB,

Jordi Clos

Last edited by a moderator:
Back