Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

i thought you're on leave until wednesday?:tongue2:confusedfrench leave?

525614_348098245251520_156158397778840_936787_574058774_n.jpg

Hi! I will be back on Wednessday. Soccer Forum active!

i thought you're on leave until wednesday?:tongue2:confusedfrench leave?
Soccer Forum active!

:dunno

Guardiola to leave Barça on June 30
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/27/2012 13:30
Pep Guardiola has announced to the president and squad that he will not be staying at FC Barcelona after June 30, when his present contract ends
Sandro Rosell, Andoni Zubizarreta and Guardiola were speaking to a packed press conference at the Camp Nou

2011-09-06_OAB_38.v1335526543.JPG

Pep Guardiola. FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ (FCB).
Pep Guardiola is leaving Barça on June 30 after four years in charge of the first team. He announced his decision this Friday morning to president Sandro Rosell and the squad. Afterwards, Rosell, Guardiola and Zubizarreta gave a press conference in the Ricard Maxenchs pressroom in the Camp Nou.
Sandro Rosell, meanwhile expressed his “eternalgratitude†to the coach for the “happiness†he has given the club. Looking to the future, he added that “I am sure we can overcome this newchallengeâ€.
Guardiola is departing as the most successful manager in FCB history, having won 13 titles to date. Having also played for Barça between 1991 and 2001, he returned in 2007 to coach the reserve team. A year later he took over the first team and led them to four unprecedented years of success.
Further information to follow shortly.

FCB

Training session with all available players

2012-04-27_ENTRENO_01.v1335529810.JPG
2012-04-27_ENTRENO_08.v1335523869.JPG

[video]http://youtu.be/nwa8R2TRLmw[/video]

FCB

Last edited by a moderator:
Video: The Guardiola's press conference

www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/27/2012 13:07

2012-04-27_GUARDIOLA_15.v1335530880.JPG
escut_color_fons_transparent.v1308151639.png

VIDEO

[video]rtsp://v8.cache5.c.youtube.com/CkULENy73wIaPAkiHPuVWwKv8RMYDSANFEgGUgZ2aWRlb3NyIQ G2od7TP1oGUQR3NBDnWQN7DvPB7EI6RNWvHdRsUJxg5gw=/0/0/0/video.3gp[/video]

Pep Guardiola has announced to the president and squad that he will not be staying at FC Barcelona after June 30, when his present contract ends

Live from the Camp Nou

FCB

Last edited by a moderator:
Pep Guardiola, the most successful manager in Barça history

04/27/2012 12:50
The outgoing FCB coach has achieved the biggest trophy haul in club history: two Champions Leagues, three Ligas, two Clubs World Cups, two European Supercups, one Copa del Rey and three Spanish Supercups
He is followed by Johan Cruyff with 11 titles, Jack Greenwell with 8, Fernando Daucik with 6, and Frank Rijkaard with 5

FCB_-_MANCHESTER_UNITED_39_.v1335525488.JPG

Guardiola and the players / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB
Much individual recognition
Josep Guardiola has also won a number of individual honours in his four years as first team manager, including the Parliament of Catalonia’sMedal of Honour (2011), FIFA Manager of the Year (2011), Onze d’Or for best manager in Europe (2009 and 2011) and the LFP Award for the best manager in the Spanish Liga (2009 and 2011), among many others.
With the chance of another Copa del Rey still to come, Guardiola has won 13 trophies in his four seasons in charge of the first team – unquestionably the best record for any manager of the club. Not only has no FC Barcelona manager ever won as many titles, but Guardiola also managed to do so in an amazingly short period of time.
Johan Cruyff won 11 titles between 1988 and 1996, including the club’s first ever European Cup. We then have to go all the way back to Jack Greenweell, who in two different periods (1917-1924 and 1931-1933), accumulated 8 cups. Fernando Daucik is next in line after conquering six major titles between 1950 and 1954, while Frank Rijkaard managed the club to five.
Successful model
Pep Guardiola took over the first team in the summer of 2008, after leading the B team into Division 2B the season before. In his first year at the Camp Nou, he won the treble of the league, cup and Champions League. Since then, he has always won at least three trophies a season. 2009 ended with him adding the two Supercups and the first ever Clubs World Cup.
But that was only the start of it for Barça and Guardiola, for the next year they won La Liga with a record tally of 99 points. Last season they won no less than the Spanish Supercup, La Liga and the fourth Champions league. This season, the club has already won the two Supercups again, as well as another Clubs World Cup, with the Copa del Rey final still to come on May 25 against Athletic Bilbao.

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Guardiola to leave Barça on June 30
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/27/2012 13:30
Sandro Rosell, Andoni Zubizarreta and Guardiola were speaking to a packed press conference at the Camp Nou

2011-09-06_OAB_38.v1335526543.JPG

Pep Guardiola is leaving Barça on June 30 after four years in charge of the first team. He announced his decision this Friday morning to president Sandro Rosell and the squad. Afterwards, Rosell, Guardiola and Zubizarreta gave a press conference in the Ricard Maxenchs pressroom in the Camp Nou.
Sandro Rosell, meanwhile expressed his “eternalgratitude†to the coach for the “happiness†he has given the club. Looking to the future, he added that “I am sure we can overcome this newchallengeâ€.
Guardiola is departing as the most successful manager in FCB history, having won 13 titles to date. Having also played for Barça between 1991 and 2001, he returned in 2007 to coach the reserve team. A year later he took over the first team and led them to four unprecedented years of success.
Further information to follow shortly.

FCB

Tito Vilanova to be the new manager

www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/27/2012 13:52

President Sandro Rosell has announced that TitoVilanova will be the next manager of the Barça first team in replacement of Pep Guardiola

2011-08-10_ENTRENO_12.v1335528436.JPG

Tito Vilanova. FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.

In the press conference to announce the departure of Pep Guardiola from Barça on June 30, president Sandro Rosell also reported that the next manager will be Tito Vilanova, who has been Guardiola’s assistant throughout his four years in charge of the first team.

Further information to follow shortly

FCB

Sandro Rosell: “Barça will be eternally grateful to the greatest manager in our historyâ€

04/27/2012 15:00
The Barça president has expressed “the club’s utmost respect†for Josep Guardiola after his decision not to stay on as manager next season and has thanked him for everything he has done for what he calls “your Barçaâ€
After stating that the aim is to be able to administrate “Pep’s legacyâ€, Rosell announced that the next manager of FC Barcelona will be Tito Vilanova

2012-04-27_GUARDIOLA_08.v1335531855.JPG

Sandro Rosell and Josep Guardiola / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
The trophy of pride
Rather than any of the many trophies that FC Barcelona have won in the last four seasons, Sandro Rosell feels that what matters the most about everything Guardiola has achieved “is not any particular championship, but rather the trophy of pride. It is thanks to him the we have won it. Since I can remember being a Barça fan, Ihave never seen a reaction like the one I saw on Tuesday at the Camp Nou. It’s clearly not a trophy that will ever be in the museum, but it will always be there in the spirit of the Camp Nouâ€.
Sandro Rosell has announced on Friday that Josep Guardiola will not be staying on next season. He described the decision as “the most difficult†that he has had to accept in his time as president of FC Barcelona . After expressing “the club’s utmost respect†for the outgoing manager’s decision, the Barcelona president highlighted that “the club is more mature and solid than ever … which has to be the basis for consolidating a strong and unified futureâ€.
“Thank you, Pepâ€
The president constantly reiterated his gratitudeto Guardiola , and for a number of reasons. “For the happiness you have given us and for all you have done for your Barça; for having perfected a footballing model that can never be questioned again; for having represented the institution in such an exemplary fashion, honouring the valuesthat define us as a Club; for all your support, affection and love†.
It is for all these reasons that Sandro Rosell has no doubt that fans “will be eternally grateful to the greatest manger in our history … with all my heart, thank you very much, Pepâ€, the president reiterated.
Looking ahead to next season, Rosell expressed aloud his desire for the club to administer the legacy that Guardiola has left, and what he says will always be called “the Pep system.†Having revealed that Tito Vilanova will be the next FC Barcelona manager, the president said that he is convinced that “he will be working from an excellent base … he has to iprove whatever he can and never settle for things as they areâ€.

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Tito Vilanova: Homegrown, methodical anda winner

04/27/2012 16:55
Tito Vilanova, FC Barcelona’s 2012/13 manager, has shown that he’s more than capable of managing the team after five seasons as Pep Guardiola’s assistant
As a footballer, he was at La Masía and he played in first division with Celta de Vigo

2012-03-03_BARCELONA-SPORTING_32.v1330814216.JPG

Guardiola and Tito Vilanova in the match againstSporting / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
Barça's incoming manager, Tito Vilanova , knowsthe team perfectly. He has been Pep Guardiola ’s right hand man for the past four seasons at the head of FC Barcelona. They both got their start with Barça B in 2007, the following year, after Barça B was promoted to Second Division B, they were awarded manager positions in FC Barcelona’s first team. They oversaw Barça’s most glorious era in Club history.
Guardiola’s right hand man
Guardiola has highlighted the impact that Vilanova - simple and discrete - has had on the team on more than one occasion. The current manager has praised Vilanova’s ability to make decisions both on and off the pitch, especially when it comes to executing strategic plays. Vilanova, who has a strong personality and a winning character, is studious in his football and clearly prefers an attacking and passing style of play. His four years on the Barça bench has earned him the reputation of being methodical and hard working when it comes to preparing the team.
Made in La Masía
Born in Bellcaire d’Empordà, Girona, on September 17th 1969, Vilanova joined Barça’s youth system in 1984 - interestingly enough, thiswas the same year that Guardiola joined the team. Vilanova was part of one of La Masía’s most successful youth teams. The future first-team manager applied his skills in the midfield, he made the leap to Barça B and played three friendlies with the first team in the 1988/89 seaon.
He played professional footballer for Figueres, Celta (Primera Division), Badajoz, Mallorca, Lleida, Elche and Gramenet.
Debut with Barça’s U15 team
After hanging up his boots for the last time, Vilanova started his career as a FC Barcelona manager in 2001/02 when he took charge of theteam’s U15 B squad. The team featured a young Gerard Piqué , Cesc Fàbregas and Leo Messi . He then managed Palafrugell, Figueres and Terrassa before reuniting with Josep Guardiola in 2007. Five years after helping Guardiola manage Barça B and the Club’s first team, Vilanova will make the jump to head manager ofFC Barcelona.

FCB,

Manel Tomàs / Jordi Clos

Pep Guardiola's numbers as manager

www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/27/2012 12:55

13 titles won and a 70% win rate are just a few of Pep Guardiola’s stats since his took charge of FC Barcelona’s first team

2011-11-03_ENTRENO_27.v1331826007.JPG

Pep Guardiola

Pep Guardiola started his career on the bench in 2007 when he took charge of Barça B when the team was in the Spanish Third Division. A year later, after having led the reserve side to Second Division B, the Catalan took the reins from Frank Rijkaard as the first-team manager. In his over 200 matches at the FC Barcelona helm he won 13 titles.

PEP GUARDIOLA'S TOTAL NUMBERS

- Matches: 242

- Victories: 175

- Draws: 46

- Defeats: 21

- Goals scored: 618 (2,55 per match)

- Goals conceded: 178 (0,73 per match)

- Winning % : 72,31%

PEP GUARDIOLA IN LA LIGA

- Titles: 2008/09, 2009/10 and 2010/11

- Matches: 148

- Victories: 113

- Draws: 24

- Defeats: 11

- Winning % in 08-09: 71%

- Winning % in 09-10: 81,5%

- Winning % in 10-11: 78,9%

- Winning % in 11-12: 73,5%

PEP GUARDIOLA IN THE KING'S CUP

- Titles: 2008/09

- Matches: 30

- Victories: 21

- Draws: 6

- Defeats: 3

PEP GUARDIOLA IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

- Titles: 2008/09 i 2010/11

- Matches: 52

- Victories: 31

- Draws: 15

- Defeats: 6

PEP GUARDIOLA: Other competitions (European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup, Club World Cup)

- Spanish Super Cup Titles: 2009/10, 2010/11 and2011/12

- European Super Cup Titles: 2009/10 and 2011/12

- Club World Cup Titles: 2009/10 and 2011/12

- Matches: 12

- Victories: 10

- Draws: 1

- Defeats: 1

Honours as manager

- 2011 FIFA Best Manager of the Year

- Best manager in 2009 and 2011 according to the IFFHS

- ONZE d’Or as best European manger in 2009 and 2011

- Best LFP manager in 2009 and 2011

- World's best manager according to World Soccer in 2009 and 2011

- Royal Order of Athletic Merit 2010

- Gold medal from the Parlament de Catalunya

- 2009 Catalan of the year

- Santpedor's favourite son in 2009

FCB

Video: Guardiola's press conference

www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/27/2012 13:07

2012-04-27_GUARDIOLA_18.v1335531915.JPG

VIDEO

[video] rtsp://v8.cache5.c.youtube.com/CkULENy73wIaPAkiHPuVWwKv8RMYDSANFEgGUgZ2aWRlb3NyIQ G2od7TP1oGUQR3NBDnWQN7DvPB7EI6RNWvHdRsUJxg5gw=/0/0/0/video.3gp [/video]

FCB

Guardiola: “I have feel emptied and I need to be refreshedâ€

04/27/2012 15:22
The outgoing Barcelona manager gets the feeling that it was the right decision to leave when he did because after four years on the Barça bench, he simply doesn’t feel like he has the energy to continue

2012-04-27_GUARDIOLA_15.v1335548781.JPG

Guardiola, durant la roda de premsa del seu comiat / FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
Sorry for doubting
Josep Guardiola admitted that he had thought ofleaving FC Barcelona way back in the autumn and that president Sandro Rosell and director of sport for football Andoni Zubizarreta had already been informed of that. “I’m sorry for the uncertainty I’ve generated over this time. It’s as if I’ve had to beg to leave†he concluded, after commenting that it might have been a mistake to let things drag on for so long.
“I have been emptied and need to be refilled†. That’s why Josep Guardiola decided to put an end to his time as manager of the FC Barcelona first team. After four years in the job and becoming the man to manage the team for the third highest number of games and winning 13 titles in the process, he has decided he simply does not have the energy to carry on in the position. “Four years is an eternity as Barça managerâ€, he said. “The next person will be ableto offer things that I wasn’t able to offer. It has been very demanding and a coach has to be strong and be able to get that energy across to the players. I have to recover it and I’ll do that byrestingâ€.
Doing what he has to do
It is not easy for Guardiola to leave a place that feels like home to him, but he didn’t want his sentimental attachment to Barça “to stop me from being clear about my decisionsâ€. He has admitted that “this club is the best possible place, but I’m doing what I have to do." He feels that the exhaustion of staying on any longer “would have been bad for the players and for myself. And I have too much love for them to disrupt things just in order to be hereâ€.
Thanks to the players
He once again thanked his players for the professionalism they have shown to him over these four years. “I have had the major privilege of coaching from the first to the last player. They have made me enjoy this job and I have to thankthem because so many imagined tactics and games have become a reality thanks to them. There is no more valuable prize than that, and that is what I’ll be taking awayâ€.
Guardiola has been especially considerate of Abidal , who is recovering from his liver transplant of just a few weeks ago. And also Keita , who a few months ago he described as “the child of my eyesâ€, and who this Friday he called “my thermometer hereâ€.
He also wished to thank president Sandro Rosell and his Board of Directors for everything they have done to help him at the club, while not forgetting Joan Laporta in his day as well.
A job well done
Guardiola is convinced that “I am leaving with the sensation of having done a good job and I’m proud of what I’ve done here. I have not forgotten anything that I was taught by my predecessors. And I am leaving at peace with myselfâ€. The manager now feels he needs to put some distance between himself and the game, and has no thoughts of an immediate return to coaching. “Sooner or later I’ll coach again, but wouldn’t be able to fill this emptiness if I were to carry on coaching now†he confessed.

FCB,

Anna Segura

Vilanova to take over from Guardiola
www.fcbarcelona.cat 04/27/2012 20:30

fotos_triplet_www.fcbarcelona.cat_4_.v1335549747.jpg

It was also announced at the press conference that Tito Vilanova will be the next FCB manager
Vilanova i Guardiola, amb el Triplet. FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.
Pep Guardiola is leaving Barça on June 30 after four years in charge of the first team and the club has also decided that his successor will be Tito Vilanova. Guardiola announced his decision this Friday morning to president Sandro Rosell and the squad just before training at Sant Joan Despí. Afterwards, Rosell, Guardiola and Zubizarreta gave a press conference in the Ricard Maxenchs pressroom in the Camp Nou.
It was a hugely attended affair, with the board of directors present, along with the four captainsin representation of the players and a large number of media professionals
Exhausted and empty
Sandro Rosell was responsible for announcing the decision to the public, whereupon he expressed his “eternal gratitude†to the coach for the “happiness†he has given the club by “perfecting a model that should never be questioned again.†He also commented that Guardiola was simply “the best manager in club history.†The outgoing manager himself named exhaustion as his main reason for deciding to leave, but sure that he could do so “with the feeling of a job well doneâ€.
Rosell then announced who the next Barcelona manager will be, a decision made by the coaching staff and ratified by the Board. Tito Vilanova is the chosen man, and Andoni Zubizarreta explained the reasons why. Vilanovathus becomes the seventeenth Catalan manager of the Barça first team.
On top for four years
[+] VIDEO
- The press conference
- Thanks, Pep!

FCB

probably this is because of their defeath last time:sad sad:sad

NOPE! He alreay said he was leaving last season when the club pleaded for an extra season (this present season) with him. This season is almost over...5 games left to play. So, he has to officially make it obvious he's leaving now. At least other clubs will be aware of this.

The ealier the better - he may lose a dream club.

Back