Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

Training session 02/05/12
05/02/2012 13:02
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_06-Optimized.v1335957526.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_11-Optimized.v1335957528.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_12-Optimized.v1335957531.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_13-Optimized.v1335957533.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_15-Optimized.v1335957535.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_14-Optimized.v1335957537.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_16-Optimized.v1335957539.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_18-Optimized.v1335957542.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_19-Optimized.v1335957544.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_20-Optimized.v1335957546.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_21-Optimized.v1335957548.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_22-Optimized.v1335957550.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_23-Optimized.v1335957552.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_24-Optimized.v1335957554.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_47-Optimized.v1335957557.jpg
2012-05-02_ENTRENO_49-Optimized.v1335957559.jpg

FOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB.

FCB

Rosell and Sistach meet at the Camp Nou
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/02/2012 20:00
FC Barcelona President Sandro Rosell welcomed Cardinal Sistach and the youths that are receiving professional training at the Club to the Camp Nou

2012-05-02_FC_BARCELONA_-_MALAGA_-_001.v1335982664.JPG

PHOTO: GERMÃN PARGA / FCB
Before the match between Barça and Málaga, FCBarcelona President Sandro Rosell and the Foundation’s vice-president, Ramon Pont , welcomed the cardinal archbishop of Barcelona, Lluís Martínez Sistach , and 50 youths that are undergoing professional training with the Club, thanks to the agreement between the FC Barcelona Foundation and Cáritas , to the Camp Nou. The group, along with the Episcopal delegate of Cáritas, Salvador Bacardit , and Cáritas director, Jordi Roglà , watched this Wednesday’s match at the Camp Nou.
Coinciding with the Barça-Málaga game this Wednesday, the FC Barcelona Foundation promoted the fight against youth unemployment. The objective of the initiative is to raise awareness for this social problem. The Camp Nou ‘speaker,’ Manel Vich , introduced the Club’s endeavor before the match and was followed by a video produced by Cáritas which played on the stadium’s video screens.

FCB

Barça Alusport present the UEFA Futsal Cup to the Camp Nou
WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/02/2012 20:24
The team led by Marc Carmona presented the UEFA Futsal Cup the supporters at the Camp Nou minutes before the match between FC Barcelonaand Málaga

2012-05-02_BARCELONA-MALAGA_03.v1335985769.JPG

Barça Alusport with the UEFA Futsal Cup at the Camp Nou/ PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ-FCB
Barça Alusport offered up the UEFA Futsal Cup tothe supporters at the Camp Nou this Wednesday afternoon before the match between FC Barcelona and Málaga. Minutes before kickoff, the futsal team came out onto the pitch led by Fernandao . The Brazilian, flanked by his teammates, Marc Carmona and the technical staff, carried the Cup onto the pitch.
All of the players donned shirts that commemorated the team’s achievement, and many of the men were accompanied by their children. Before leaving the pitch, Barça Alusport posed for their official photograph with the UEFA Futsal Cup. The Barça supporters greeted the team with enthusiasm, seeing that this is thefirst European crown in the team’s trophy cabinet.
Fifth title for Barça Alusport
The team led by Marc Carmon won the European Cup this past Sunday at the Barris Nord arena in Lleida by beating Dynamo Moscow 1-3 in the final. This was the only European crown that the Club was missing out of all the Club’s professional teams, and Barça Alusport’s fifth title in two years.

FCB

The highest goal-scoring Barça in Club history

www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/02/2012 21:57

With 108 goals scored so far, Barça have broken their all-time goal-scoring record in La Liga, which was set at 105 goals in the 2008/09 season

A total of 15 players have scored at least one goal in the team’s 108 haul

2012-05-02_FCB_-_MALAGA_CF_005.v1335988834.jpg

Puyol scores against Màlaga / PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS-FCB.

Barça's best goal-scoring season in La Liga

2011/12 Season

108 goals in 36 matches

2008/09 Season

105 goals in 38 matches

1996/97 Season

102 goals in 42 matches

2009/10 Season

98 goals in 38 matches

1958/59 Season96 goals in 30 matches

It was one of the remaining objectives the team set for itself before the end of the Liga and this Wednesday they achieved it. With tonight’s four goals against Málaga , Barça have scored a total of 108 goals this season and beat the record they set in Guardiola ’s first season on the Barça bench. The treble-winning Barça team scored 105 goals in 38 La Liga matches, with Eto’o as the team’s top scorer with 30 goals.

This year, with an insatiable Messi , Barça have scored 108 goals in 36 matches. It’s yet another example of the team’s capacity and attitude. Notcounting Guardiola’s first and last seasons, only Bobby Robson ’s Barça were able to break the century goal mark. It was in the 1996/97 season, Ronaldo was Barça’s target man, the team ended the season with 102 goals in 42 matches.

Four of the best six goal-scoring seasons

Guardiola’s team have notched up four of the best six goal marks in Club history in La Liga. In the 2009/10 season Barça scored 98 goals and in2010/11, 95 . Besides Robson’s Barça, only Herrera ’s team is in the top-six ranking with 96 goals in 30 matches. It was in the 1958/59 season and Evaristo , with 20 goals, was the team’s top goal scorer.

15 different goal scorers

A total of 15 players have scored at least one goal in the team’s overall 108. Messi has scored the most, with 46 goals, but we cannot overlook Alexis ’ 12, Xavi ’s 10 or Cesc ’s 9. Furthermore, Perdo and Villa have scored five, Tello and Puyol , three. Alves , Piqué , Iniesta , Thiago , Keita and Cuenca all have two apiece. Adriano has scored one, Miranda and Robersio socred own goals.

FCB

FC Barcelona - Málaga: It’s the Messi show! (4-1)

05/02/2012 21:59

Puyol opened the scoring before Rondon equalised on the half hour mark

Two Messi penalties assured another Barça win

The Argentinean passed Gerd Muller’s record with his third goal

The crowd repeatedly cheered Guardiola on during the game

2012-05-02_FCB_-_MALAGA_CF_027.v1335990149.jpg

PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS-FCB

When Messi is on the pitch, entertainment is guaranteed and his hat trick tonight, together with Puyol’s opener, gave Barça a big win against Malaga, a team who are pushing for a Champions League place themselves. It was a clear win for Barça who made a great start with a goal from Puyol , only for Rondon to equalise with a header, but that was just the prologue forLeo Messi to step up and take control, with another hat trick from the world number one.

The Argentinean has now scored 68 goals this season and that is one more than Gerd Müller who held the previous record for goals scored in a season, whilst the team also beat their own record for a season, with 108 so far.

Messi had to share the limelight with Josep Guardiola of course, after his resignation announcement last Friday and the boss was showered with support from the Camp Nou crowd throughout the whole game.

Puyol opener

Barça were in charge from the off and although they didn’t reach the pace they often do, they didenough to dominate and were soon threatening the Malaga goal. Despite an attempt from a free kick by Duda that hit the woodwork, it was Barça who opened the scoring with a Puyol header from an Iniesta cross.

Rondón equalises, but Messi on target again

Malaga needed the points though if they were to maintain their Champions League challenge and Rondon brought them level with a similar goal to Barça’s, heading in a Gamez cross from the right past Pinto, who was again in the starting line up in preparation for the Cup Final. Iniesta – who was Barça’s outstanding player in the first half- set up a quick reply when he was brought down in the box, allowing Leo Messi to score his first of the night from the spot.

Messi passes Müller

The second half belonged to Messi – first scoring another penalty to make it 3-1 after Duda had brought him down as he was just about to finish off a great team move and then, as Malaga pushed forward to get back into the match, racing onto a lovely ball from Iniesta and flicking the ball over Kameni to beat Muller’s previous record in spectacular fashion.

Guardiola took advantage of the comfortable lead to bring on B team youngster Bartra and Afellay, following his comeback at Rayo.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Leo Messi breaks Müller's longstanding record of 67 goals scored in one season

05/02/2012 22:11
The Argentine genius, with a hat-trick this Wednesday against Málaga, broke Gerhard Müller’s historic record of 67 goals scored in one season
Messi has scored 46 in La Lige, 14 in the Champions League, 3 in the Spanish Super Cup, 2 in the King’s Cup, 2 in the Club World Cup and 1 inthe European Super Cup
Müller scored 67 goals: 26 in the League, 7 in theCup, 12 in the League Cup and 12 in the European Cup

2012-05-02_FCB_-_MALAGA_CF_025.v1335990236.jpg

Messi's third goal. PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS-FCB.
This season, Leo Messi has averaged 1.19 goals per game
Messi is the 'Torpedo' of the 21st century . The Argentine genius broke Gerhard Müller 's record of 67 goals scored in a single season set in the 1972/73 season. In 1973, the German striker netted 67 goals for Bayern Munich in four different competitions: 26 in the League, 7 in theCup, 12 in the League Cup and 12 in the European Cup. The ‘Torpedo’ Müller averaged 1.37 goals per game that season (49 matches).
Goals in all competitions
39 seasons later, Messi scored 68 goals in 57 matches (1.19 goals per game). The Argentine has scored in every competition that FC Barcelona has contested this season: 46 in La Lige, 14 in the Champions League, 3 in the Spanish Super Cup, 2 in the King’s Cup, 2 in the Club World Cup and 1 in the European Super Cup.
Messi has the chance to increase his goal-scoringtally as FC Barcelona have three more matches to play ( Espanyol , Betis and Athletic Club ) before the end of the season.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

Last edited by a moderator:
Alves: "We want to show the supporters the same love that they've shown us"

05/02/2012 23:33

2012-05-02_FCB_-_MALAGA_CF_032.v1335994983.jpg

The Barça defender considers that Guardiola has earned the “love and respect of the fans” and, even though he’s leaving, that the team need to continue with the “same humility and eagerness”
Iniesta: “the challenge is to keep on winning and maintain high morale going into the Cup final”
Keita: “Leo is a genius, he bests himself everyday, every match. We’re lucky to have him in the team because he’s a machine”
Training session this Thursday
Barça will train at 11:00 at the Ciutat Esportiva Sant Joan Despí. Pedro will hold a post-training press conference.
Barça beat Málaga 4-1 in the second to last machat the Camp Nou this season. “The result, because of the chances we created and our play, is fair,” said Iniesta . This result, according to Alves , is due “to the continuous work and humility of the team.” Despite the fact that Barçawere not able to win the Liga this year, the defender believes that the team must continue “along the same path” and with the “same eagerness.” Iniesta added, “the challenge is to keep on winning and maintaining good morale going into the Cup final.”
Guardiola, Messi and the supporters, tonight’s protagonists
The players praised Guardiola after the managerannounced his decision to leave the Club at the end of the season. “The people love him and they have a special appreciation for him. We hope that we’ll be content after our last match at the stadium,” said Iniesta. Alves, who agrees with his teammate, is pleased because the supporters “give Guardiola the recognition that he deserves” by chanting his name. Alves went on to say that the team “want to return all the love that the fans have given us.” On Messi , who scored another hat-trick tonight, Iniesta said that the most important thing is that “he’s wel. The midfielder is convinced that “this doesn’t end here.”
Here are some statements made by FC Barcelonaplayers after the match:
Keita :
“Leo is a genius, he bests himself everyday, every match. We’re lucky to have him in the team because he’s a machine.
“Pep has given everything to the Club. He’s won a lot of titles. It’s a source of pride for the supporters and to Club to have him. Thanks you, Pep.”
Bartra :
“We’re hurt that Pep will leave, we all thought he was going to stay. But when we found out that Tito was going to manage us, we were happy, because the commitment to the youth system will continue.
“I’m very eager to play. I try to work as hard as I can all year to have more minutes on the pitch, take advantage of the ones I’m given and help the team win. I’ll try to have more playing time during the preseason, being in the first team is a dream I’ve had ever since I was a child.”
Afellay :
“I’ve recovered from my injury. I haven’t played for six months and coming back is indescribable. I’m very eager to keep on playing.
“It’s a shame because, for me, he’s one of the best managers in the world, besides he’s a great person. I understand his decision because Barça are a very big Club and it drains you. Tito will be very similar to Guardiola.”
Puyol :
“I’m very pleased with today’s win. I dedicated my goal to my best friend Javi. Good night.”

FCB,

ITZIAR BRAVO

Guardiola: "We’ve been very consistent for a long time, this is our greatest achievement"

05/02/2012 23:46

2012-05-02_BARCELONA-MALAGA_56.v1335995602.JPG

The Barça manager said that he’s proud of the way his team have maintained match-tension game after game even after “the Liga has been lost.â€
Guardiola thanked the Barça fans, who gave the manager a standing ovation this Wednesday, forthe support they have given him over the years
Bartomeu: “What Guardiola has done is spectacularâ€
The first vice-president highlighted the work done by Josep Guardiola on the Barça bench: “what he has done for this Club is spectacular. Our infinite thanks will never be enough.†On thematch against Málaga, Josep Maria Bartomeu said that satisfied because of the “goals and the spectacle†and, once again, the image that the FC Barcelona players gave on the pitch. The Barça squad, who have scored 108 goals this season, became the highest scoring team this Wednesday in Club history in La Liga, and Messi broke Gerd Müller’s 67-goal record as well. “This team is making history, they break records match after match,†said Bartomeu.
Josep Guardiola said that FC Barcelona’s biggest accomplishment over the past four years is that very little blame can be laid on the team: “people aren’t dumb. They can’t blame the team if they see that the team works hard. Our biggestaccomplishment over the years is that very little can be blamed on the team. Barça have always tried [to win].†The Barça manager extended his argument to the records his team have broken: “we’ve been very consistent for a long time ... this is the greatest goal we’ve achieved.â€
Objective: King’s Cup
Guardiola said that he’s proud of the way his players played against Málaga this evening at the Camp Nou: “it’s never easy to maintain the tension when the Liga is lost. We played a good game once agian, the supporters enjoyed it. Nowwe have to play the last two remaining games, and then we have the big objective of winning the King’s Cup.â€
This Wednesday was Guardiola’s second to last match at the Camp Nou as FC Barcelona’s manager. That’s why, multiple times during the match, the public dedicated standing ovations tothe manager as recognition of his work on the bench. Guardiola thanked the Barça supporters for their gesture “from the bottom of my heart.†He added: “I’ve enjoyed my life during the years here, they [the supporters] have always treated me very well.â€
Praise for Tito Vilanova
Guardiola praised the team’s future manager, Tito Vilanova : “he’s a fantastic person and he has every capacity [to do a good job]. He’s intuitive, he knows the Club since he was a child,and he’s been here for years. With the Club and team’s help, I’m sure that he’ll succeed. He’ll prove that he’s a good manager.â€
After congratulating Real Madrid for their run in La Liga and stating that Los Blancos are “just champions,†the Barça manager said that “a lot of things happened this year that have been hidden because of our silence, but they happened nonetheless.
“We were at a 13-point disadvantage at one point and there’s not that big a difference between the two teams,†he said. He added, “the league is a very long competition, the team that wins deserves it.†On the penalties that were called forBarça this Wednesday, Guardiola said: “they called two penalties for us, we don’t need them now, it’s a bit late. When we had to get the job done, we went 10 points behind.â€

FCB,

VANESSA FORNS

Pinto: “This team has a winning mentalityâ€
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/03/2012 11:43
Pinto stressed the great competitive attitude that the team have always shown, even now when their league hopes are over
The keeper admitted that it’s tough to come back into the starting line up after two months on the bench, but explained: “the key thing is that I have continued training as I always do andthat has helped me maintain my concentrationâ€

2012-05-02_BARCELONA-MALAGA_67.v1336038685.JPG

Pinto / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
Pep Guardiola confirmed earlier this week that Pinto would be between the sticks for every game that’s left this season to give him game time ahead of the Cup final on May 25th and after he played the full 90 minutes at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night, he spoke to the Barça TV programme 'El Marcador'. He explained : “it’s good to play - that’s what makes a player feel good, being out there. I like to be able to help the team from on the pitch, rather than off it, which is usually my role and is also importantâ€.
100% concentration
Pinto has always maintained the same hard working attitude regardless of whether he was on the bench or playing: “I have continued training as I always do and that has helped me maintain my concentrationâ€.
That concentration and commitment is also there from his teammates, there’ll be no relaxation even if the title is now out of their reach: “this team have a winning attitude. We will still be competitive, even if there is nothing at stake†. Pinto also knows that the game time he’s getting will hold him in good stead for the Cup Final: “we are preparing each game very intensively, with our perspective very much on the Final†.
Healthy rivalry with Valdés
Pinto and Valdés give everything in training and on the pitch and that’s been a vital part in their growth as keepers and Pinto explained that theyboth work hard to outdo the other: “ we have healthy rivalry, which helps us bothâ€.

FCB

Spanish League Round Up – Week 36

05/03/2012 13:13
Real Madrid’s 0-3 win over a weakened Bilbao at San Mames duly confirmed them as Champions on Wednesday, but the Champions League, Europa League and relegation places are still up for grabs with two games left to play

FCB_-_MALAGA_CF_23_.v1336044299.JPG

Leo Messi / PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB
Athletic Bilbao have clearly put their Cup finals as top priority as the season draws to a climax and they suffered their second defeat on the run ahead of next week’s Europa Cup final, when they were beaten 0-3 by Real Madrid, who thus ensured their first title in four years. Cristiano Ronaldo missed another penalty after his costly mistake in the shoot out against Bayern, but made up for it by helping to set up Higuain’s opener and Ozil’s second, before scoring the third himself. Bilbao’s defeat means they drop toeighth place with 48 points and a Champions League spot is now impossible.
Late flurry sets up Valencia
Valencia, on the other hand, took a massive step towards a place in Europe’s top competition, beating Osasuna 4-0, with Aduriz and Jonas bothscoring twice in the last 15 minutes to sink a brave Osasuna who had played with 10 men after Lakic was sent off on the stroke of half time. Valencia are now on 58 points, three aheadof Malaga, with Levante, who were beaten 1-0 at Zaragoza, three points further behind in fifth. Of the seven teams below Valencia, only Mallorca won – beating Rayo 1-0 and leapfrogging Bilbao and Osasuna into seventh on 49 points. Atletico Madrid are sixth on 50 after a rather disappointing 1-1 draw with Real Sociedad, as Simeone’s team also seemed to be more concerned about the Europa Cup final than their league chances, with the two dropped points meaning that they are still mathematically in with a chance of a Champions League spot – but only just!
Rayo slipping into the danger zone
Rayo’s defeat means that they are now fourth from bottom on 40 points – just three ahead of Zaragoza, who got their win thanks to a goal from ex-Barça B man Edu Oriol. Sporting lost any real hope of staying in the top flight when they went down 2-3 to Villarreal on Tuesday. The pressure in the packed Molinon, with nearly 30,000 urging their team on, proved too much for Sporting boss Clemente, who was sent off for protesting, whilst Villareal’s veteran reserve keeper Cesar was also shown red from the bench after an altercation with a spectator. The win lifts Villarreal to 16th, a point ahead of Rayo,whilst Sporting stay on 34.
Espanyol and Seville’s Euro hopes take a beating
Espanyol again failed to turn up at Granada, where they were beaten 2-1, which virtually ensured the hosts stay in the top flight and destroyed any hopes of European football at El Prat next season. Espanyol have won just once intheir last nine games ahead of this weekend’s derby game and slipped to 13th – just three points ahead of Granada. Seville are also suffering a bad run that has virtually ruled them out of Europe next season and their 1-2 derby defeat to Betis – who ensured survival with the three points – leaves them 10th, level on points with their city neighbours and Getafe, who drew 1-1 with the already relegated Racing on Tuesday.

FCB,

Nick Bedson

Camp Nou expresses its gratitude to Guardiola
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/03/2012 13:20

VIDEO HERE

The public has repeatedly praised Guardiola, who returned the samples with a gesture of support in the stands
Agraïment del Camp Nou a Guardiola
Agraïment del Camp Nou a Guardiola

FCB

Xavi back in training with the squad
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/03/2012 16:00

2012-05-03_ENTRENO_22.v1336044619.JPG

The Catalan midfielder has missed the last two games with a calf injury, but he was back training with the rest of the squad at the Ciutat Esportiva this lunchtime
The players who figured against Malaga had a gentle session, whilst Piqué again trained apart from the rest of the group
B team players Tello, Bartra, Montoya and Oier also took part in the session, as did Samper, Bagnack, Ernesto and Quesada from the Youth team
Xavi Hernández’s return after missing the gamesagainst Rayo and Malaga with a calf injury, was the main talking point at the session, with the players who figured last night going through a less demanding workout, whilst the rest of the squad began preparations for Saturdays’ derby game at the Camp Nou and Gerard Piqué again trained apart.
The Barça B players at the session, Tello, Bartra, Montoya and Oier, were joined by four Youth A team players Samper, Bagnack, Ernesto and Quesada, who were playing in the Champions Cup at Lepe on Monday before losing to Espanyolin the quarter finals.

FCB

Members and fans to pay tribute to Pep Guardiola
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/03/2012 16:30
Everybody who comes to the game can leave a message for Pep on the wall space #graciespep, which will be distributed around the Camp Nou

fcbarcelona.cat.v1336045594.jpg

Members and fans to pay tribute to Pep Guardiola / PHOTO: FCB
Josep Guardiola will be in for a special receptionfrom members and supporters at this Saturday’s game with Espanyol at the Camp Nou . Everybody who comes to the game can leave a message for Pep on the wall space #graciespep ,which will be distributed around the Camp Nou.
Foe all those who can’t make the game, the Club have prepared a number of channels for sendingyour best wishes to the boss on the social networks:
- On Twitter: With the hashtag #graciesPep
- On Facebook: A new TAB – called #graciesPep has been created to allow fans to upload photos directly from their computers (draganddrop).
- On Tencent Weibo: Fans using this Chinese social network can use the hashtag #GraciesPep and leave messages and photos.
- On the Club website: All the Twitter messages with the hashtag #graciesPep and all the messages and photos from Barça fans can be seen on the website.
The tribute to Pep Guardiola will also continue inthe stadium once the Espanyol game is finished.

FCB

Pedro: “I’ll continue to work 100% to make the Cup Finalâ€

05/03/2012 18:20

2012-05-03_ENTRENO_38.v1336051679.JPG

Although he admitted that he has had “an irregular season, thanks to my injuriesâ€, Pedro is looking for a place in the Cup Final team and insisted:“ I’m back, on the pace and keen to playâ€
The Spanish forward expressed his thanks to Guardiola, a coach who gave him the chance to†live the dream of playing for the first teamâ€
Since Pep brought him into the first team, Pedro has had a great impact, but injuries have really limited him this season and he admitted: “it’s been a really irregular season with my injuries, but now I’m back, on the pace, getting my confidence back and keen to play . We’re all working to prepare the Final and take the Cup. I’ll continue to work 100% to make the Cup Finalâ€. Pedro is also keen to make the Spanish squad for this summer’s European Championships in Poland and the Ukraine.
Guardiola
Guardiola’s departure is especially sad for Pedro,who was given his big start by the boss and speaking at his press conference after training this lunchtime he said: “I want to thank him for everything he’s taught me and for giving me the chance to live the dream of playing for the first team. I wish him all the best. It was a painful thing for us and nobody expected it, but it’s a decision we have to respectâ€. Pedro also revealed that the team want to win the Cup in order to†dedicate it to Guardiola Abidal, Villa and Fontàsâ€.
Pedro was also asked about the appointment of Tito Vilanova and he explained: “it’s great news, we’re right behind him and hope for the best for him. His ideas are very similar to Pep’s. I think it’sgood for the teamâ€.
Congratulations to Madrid
Finally, Pedro congratulated Real Madrid who were proclaimed champions after winning at San Mames last night, whilst admitting: “there have been some decisions this season that have harmd us – but that’s got nothing to do with thefinal resultâ€.

FCB,

Anna Segura

The first team will play a match at the Palau Sant Jordi for the 'Marathon against Poverty'
www.fcbarcelona.cat 05/03/2012 18:30
The match, which was presented this Thursday at the Camp Nou, will be played on May 27 at 19:00
All of the proceeds will be allocated to TV3 and Catalunya Ràdio’s Marathon against Poverty
“We decided to offer up our most valuable asset:the players and the managers,†said Sandro Rosell

2012-05-03_PRESENTACION_EL_PARTIT_DE_LA_MARATO_PER_LA_POBRESA_017.v1336048803.jpg

From left to right, Brauli Duart, Xavier Trias, Sandro Rosell, Eugeni Sallent and Fèlix Riera. PHOTO: ÀLEX CAPARRÓS
The futsal match that will be played by the Barça’s first-team players, coached by Josep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova , for TV3 and Catalunya Ràdio’s ‘Marathon against Poverty’ was presented this Thursday in the Ricard Maxenchs press room at the Camp Nou . The match will be played at the Palau Sant Jordi on May 27 at 19:00. With this initiative, FC Barcelona want to show their commitment to the cause. The Club have previously worked on the issue through various FC Barcelona Foundation initiatives.
The presentation of the futsal match was attended by FC Barcelona President, Sandro Rosell ; the Mayor of Barcelona, Xavier Trias ; President of the CCMA, Brauli Duart and TV3 director, Eugeni Sallent .
Barça loans out its most “valuable assetâ€
Rosell noted that, when TV3 explained the project, “we decided to offer up our most valuable asset: the players and the managers.†According to the President, when the Club are presented with these types of initiatives, “Barça’s social responsibility must respond.†Rosell also noted that FC Barcelona will donate the 200,000 euros collected from COPE to the Marathon against Poverty. “We hope that there is only one loser on that Sunday: poverty,†he said.
Initiative to finance social projects
The Marathon against Poverty is an exceptional project that aims to mobilize citizens and support organizations and people that work to eradicate poverty. “No one should be left offside†is the initiative’s slogan, and the objective is to fight against social exclusion, sensitize and mobilize the population against this social problem. The proceeds from the match will be allocated to “help those who help.†Specifically, the funds will finance third sector social projects relating to assistance, housing and the intersection of labor and children.

FCB

All executive decisions on the 2012/13 season have been tabled until after the King's Cup Final
WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 05/03/2012 18:35
The football director said that “we have to respect the time frame and the priorities of the Club and the team"
“Finding a replacement for Pep was not an easy decision. It was a long and complicated process,â€said Andoni Zubizarreta

2011-07-19_ENTRENO_82.v1336044918.JPG

Zubizarreta and Pep Guardiola, at the Ciutat Esportiva / PHOTO: ARXIU FCB.
“We will start to plan for the next season on the 25th. “We have to respect the time frame and the priorities of the Club and the team,†said Andoni Zubizarreta on Barça TV . All executive decisions and planning for the 2012/13 season have been tabled until after the King’s Cup Final ,which will be played on May 25th in Madrid against Athletic Club.
The Football Director recognises that “during theseason we’ve had regular meetings on planning and monitoring players with Pep and Tito,†but now it’s time to focus exclusively on the Cup, the last title in play this season for FC Barcelona. On the decision to make Tito Vilanova FC Barcelona’s head manager next season, Zubizarreta said, “finding a replacement for Pep was not an easy decision. It was a long and complicated process.â€
Messi’s record
Leo Messi , who broke Gerd ‘Torpedo’ Müller ’s record of most goals scored in a single season, was also mentioned by Zubizarreta. “Perhaps in hindsight, looking back after 10 years, we’ll see it [Messi’s record] as something unique, unrepeatable. However, all we have to say is that these records are breakable for Leo to go out and do it again. Moreover, Messi isn’t just decisive with the goals he scores, but with the game he enerates and for the personality he gives the team.â€

FCB

Photo Gallery: Barça focus on Catalan Derby

FC Barcelona trained this afternoon ahead of Saturday's match at the Camp Nou against Espanyol

Training session 03/05/2012

05/03/2012 13:32

2012-05-03_ENTRENO_01-Optimized.v1336046945.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_39-Optimized.v1336046947.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_05-Optimized.v1336046949.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_07-Optimized.v1336046952.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_13-Optimized.v1336046954.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_20-Optimized.v1336046956.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_14-Optimized.v1336046958.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_22-Optimized.v1336046961.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_23-Optimized.v1336046964.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_43-Optimized.v1336046966.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_26-Optimized.v1336046968.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_32-Optimized.v1336046970.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_32-Optimized.v1336046970.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_28-Optimized.v1336046973.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_30-Optimized.v1336046976.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_40-Optimized.v1336046979.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_40-Optimized.v1336046979.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_52-Optimized.v1336046981.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_52-Optimized.v1336046981.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_55-Optimized.v1336046984.jpg
2012-05-03_ENTRENO_57-Optimized.v1336046986.jpg

PHOTO: MIGUEL RUIZ - FCB

FCB

One hundred years since George Patullo’s feat

05/04/2012 12:35
A century ago, in March 1912, the Scotsman returned to Barcelona to play in the Pyrenees Cup semi final against Espanyol. And with another local derby upon us, we now remember this incredible player’s time at Barça
Scotsman George Patullo was one of the first great Barça strikers, scoring an impressive 43 goals in 23 games between 1910 and 1912. His was a strange story…

PATULLO.v1336065643.jpg

George Patullo
Known at the time as ‘The Great Patullo’, he wasthe mentor of Paulino Alcántara, the creator of the half-turn. Scoring 43 goals in 23 matches for Barça, he became an outstanding striker by chance, and has been described in his home country as the Scotsman with an even deadlier finish than Messi. Few people know about him today, but those that do have argued that he is the greatest Briton ever to wear the Barça shirt.
Unusual beginnings
The player had a peculiar story. It takes us back to the year 1910 and the Conreria football ground in Badalona, which was the venue for some tough-fought contests between British expatriates and students from the University. One day, the Brits turned up with a tall, skinny and blond goalkeeper. His name was George Patullo, who was born in Glasgow on November 4, 1888 and had only just arrived in Catalonia on business. He had often played rugby, hockey andtennis, but football was relatively new to him, and he had only ever played as goalkeeper. Thatwasn’t the best of days for him, for his side was already trailing 5-1 at the end of the first half.
Fed up of conceding so many goals, Patullo decided to come out of goal and play as centre forward, a totally new position for him. What happened next is the kind of thing that usually only belongs in story books. The humiliated keeper was transformed into a star striker, and in the second half his side came back to win 6-5, all thanks to five goals from this amazing Scottish athlete. The University demanded a rematch a few days later, which ended 4-4, with Patullo scoring all four goals for his side.
Gamper convinces him to join Barça
Joan Gamper was there to see those amazing exhibitions, and persuaded Patullo to play for Barça. He made his debut on September 24, 1910against Espanyol, a game that ended 1-1, with the Glaswegian, naturally, scoring his side’s only goal. Patullo stayed at FCB for two years, scoring streams of goals, and helping them to the Catalonian Championship in 1910/11 and the Pyrenees Cup in 1911/12.
Back from Scotland for one game
The fans loved him, and their affection grew on March 10, 1912. Although he had returned home to Scotland and his work in the coal trade, he came back to Barcelona just to appear in the Pyrenees Cup semi final against Espanyol at the old Carrer Indústria ground. FC Barcelona paid for his hotel, but Patullo, a staunch amateur to the end, returned every bit of the money to the club.
Barça won that game 3-2, with two goals from Patullo, who also won a penalty. There were plenty of tears after the game, when the Scotsman insisted he was going back home for good. He wasn’t there for the Pyrenees Cup Final,which Barça won on May 5 in Toulouse against Stade Bordelais (3-5).
Victim of the First World War
Back in Britain, he signed up for the Tyneside Scottish Brigade to fight in the First World War (1914-1918), after which he was awarded the Military Cross. But during the conflict, he was poisoned by venous blood gas and needed medical treatment. He was told that the climate of the Balearic Islands would be much better for his condition, and he moved there to live as a relative unknown, although he did have a short spell as manager of Club Baleares in 1930. He also returned to Barcelona on April 17, 1928, where he took the honorary kickoff at Les Corts before Barça’s Spanish Championship match against Oviedo.
Unfortunately, his respiratory condition did not improve, and became chronic. He died in London on September 5, 1953. Now is a fine time to remember one of FC Barcelona’s forgotten heroes of the past.

FCB,

Manel Tomàs

Back