Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Wazzup with FC BARCELONA?!! (News)

Lionel Messi, seven goals at the Santiago Bernabéu

www.fcbarcelona.cat

The Argentinian has scored a total of 13 goals in15 games against Real Madrid, a goal every 104.5 minutes

Messi could accomplish yet another feat on Saturday: score in three consecutive clásicos for the first time

Lionel Messi scored two of Barça's six at the Santiago Bernabéu in 2009

He opened his tally against Madrid with a hat-trick in the 2006/07 season

He scored a brace in the 2-6 victory over Madrid in the 2008/09 season

Last season, Messi’s two goals in the Champions League brought Barça one step closer to the finalin Wembley

Leo Messi returns to one of the stadiums that he loves to score in, the Santiago Bernabéu . He has scored seven goals in his last five visits to Real Madrid's stadium,and he has a total of 13 goals in 15 games against ‘Los Blancos,’ a goal every 104.5 minutes. Since Guardiola took charge of Barça ’s helm, the Argentinian has alwaysfeatured in Barça’s starting line-up and he’s played a total of 1,359 minutes against Real Madrid. Messi could accomplish yet another feat on Saturday: score in three consecutive clásicos.

The Argentinian played his first clásico six years ago in November 2005, when Frank Rijkaard led his team to an unforgettable 0-3 victory over Madrid. Messi got his first taste of the clásico, and even though he didn’t score, he did contribute to one of his team’s three goals. The next two seasons, however, Barça lost at the Bernabéu (2-0 and 4-1). His first goals against Real Madrid would come at the Camp Nou . In the 2006/07 season, Leo showed the world his true potential when hescored a hat-trick against a Madrid side coached by Fabio Capello . Messi’s three goals, however, only served to avoid defeat at home; the game ended in a three-all draw.

Messi starts his run

Barça’s poor results at the Bernabéu would change when Pep Guardiola took charge of the Azulgrana bench and Messi would consolidate himself as Real Madrid’s worst nightmare. The 2-6 in 2009 was Messi’s first installment, it was the victory that put the League title firmly in Barça’s grasp. Of the six goals, two were Messi’s. He wouldlater add one more goal to his tally at the next clásico at the Bernabéu, in the equally important win (0-2) over Madrid. In 2011, Barça drew and the Catalan team’s goal was, once again, Messi’s (1-1).

The one-all draw wasn’t the last clásico of the season at the Bernabéu. FC Barcelona was paired up with Real Madrid in the semi-finals of the Champions League , Messi would play a decisive role once again. In the away game, the Argentinian scored both of Barça’s goals (0-2),an incredibly important victory that brought Barça that much closer to the Wembley final, ahead of the return leg at the Camp Nou. But the Argentinian's streak didn’t end there, both teams would play for the Spanish Super Cup , and Leo scored one of Barça’s two goals in Madrid (2-2). In the return leg his brace ensured that theSuper Cup would stay at the Camp Nou.

Messi is in the hunt to extend the run that started two years ago. If he scores against Madrid this Saturday he will accomplish a new personal record: score in three consecutive clásicos.

FCB

Josep Guardiola has never lost at the Bernabeu

Guardiola’s figures, as manager, away at Real Madrid are very positive, with a balance of three wins and two draws, with 13 goals scored and only 5 against

The Bernabéu has been pretty good to Josep Guardiola . At the eternal rivals' ground, Pep hasn't lostin five visits. The balance is more than positive, with three wins and two draws. If you only take into account the League matches, it's also really positive: two wins and a draw.

The first two visits, both wins

The first two times Guardiola visited the Bernabéu, he did so with the League reaching its final stages and yet to be decided. Both times, with Juande Ramos and Manuel Pellegrini as rival managers, he came away from Madrid with key victories. The first was the historic 6-2 win, with goals from Thierry Henry (2), Messi (2),Puyol, and Piqué . The second, equally important, with goals from Pedro and Messi (2-0).

Two draws and a win against Mourinho

His third visit to the Bernabéu was a little different, with Barça ahead in the League, and facing a series of clásicos. The game ended 1-1, with goals from Messi and Ronaldo,both from penalties, that left the title even closer to Barça, who, a few days later returned to Madrid, this time to play the first leg of the semifinals of the Champions League . Barça came away with a 2-0 win, with two goals from Messi in the second half that brought Wembley closer than ever.

The last visit to the Bernabéu was a few months ago, in August, for the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup . This time Guardiola's team came away with another draw, 2-2, with goals from Villa and Messi.

These good results for Josep Guardiola as manager are different to the ones he achieved as a player. At the Bernabéu, Guardiola only won in 1993/94 (1-0). His othersix visits to Madrid ended in three draws and three defeats.

FCB,

Roger Bogunyà

All about the"Clásico"!

April 10, 2010. Matchday 31, League 2009/10 Barça and Madrid came into matchday 31 level on points.The title race couldn’t have been more exciting and the thrilling showdown between Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo was the focus of everybody’s attention. But once again Guardiola’s men showed that they were one step above their great opponents. Barça’s footballing style prevailed over Madrid’s power on offence, Messi and Pedro’s goals gave Barça the edge both in the game and in Barça's bid to win the title. Guardiola’s triumphant cycle wasn’t coming to a halt anytime soon.

R. Madrid : Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Albiol, Garay, Arbeloa,Gago, Xabi Alonso, Marcelo (Guti, min. 57), Van der Vaart (Raúl. min. 69), Cristiano Ronaldo, Higuaín (Benzema, min. 79).

Manager : Manuel Pellegrini

FC Barcelona : Valdés, Puyol, Piqué, Milito (Márquez, min. 79), Maxwell (Iniesta, min. 63), Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Keita, Alves, Messi, Pedro. Manager : Josep Guardiola Referee : Mejuto González Goals : Min. 32, 0-1:Messi

Min. 56, 0-2: Pedro

FCB

The Universe gather! FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid

FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid!
Pep Joseph Guardiola Vs Jose Mourinho
Lionel Messi vs Christiano Ronaldo

Next on La Liga
League round 16,
Competition : League

FC Barcelona :bicker Real Madrid
Date : Saturday, 12-10-2011 22:00
Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
Referee : Fernandez Borbalan

Thiago Alcántara earns second place in Golden Boy 2011 award

www.fcbarcelona.cat

The Italian daily newspaper ‘Tuttosport’ revealed the winner of the Golden Boy 2011 award, the best under 21 player in Europe

Mario Goetze, Borussia Dortmund player, is this year’s winner and Eden Hazard, Lille, finished third

Thiago Alcántara second place for the Golden Boy 2011 award

Golden Boy winners

2003 Van der Vaart (Ajax)

2004 Rooney (Manchester United)

2005 Messi (FC Barcelona)
2006 Cesc (Arsenal)
2007 Agüero (Atlético Madrid)
2008 Anderson (Manchester United)
2009 Pato (Milan)
2010 Balotelli (Manchester City)
2011 Goetze (Borussia Dortmund)

Thiago ’s talent and development with Barça and the Spanish national side earned him second position in this year's Golden Boy award, only bested by the 19 year-old Mario Goetze , who is part of the Borussia Dortmund squad, champions of the Bundesliga .

Thiago will never forget 2011. In January, Andoni Zubizarreta confirmed that the Spanish-Brazilian midfielder would be a full time first team player. At the of the of 2010/11 season Thiago made regular appearances for Guardiola ’s Barça, furthermore, he scored two goals. In July, he renewed his contract with Barça through 2015. This summer he was part of Spain’sUnder 21 squad that won the Euro Cup and he was named MVP of the championship match. He then went on to complete a spectacular pre-season with the first team and on September 6th, he made his debut for the Spanish national side against Liechtenstein . Closing out this calendar year, Thiago is one of Guardiola’s most used players on the pitch.

The Ballon d’Or for youngsters

The prize, given out every year since 2003, is considered to be the Ballon d ’ Or for young footballers playing in Europe. The award is decided by the votes of 30 sport reporters from across Europe.

FCB

The managers and captains of FC Barcelona's four professional teams give their predictions for the Clásico

www.fcbarcelona.cat

The managers and captains are hoping for a Clásico with goals and Barça win

The most popular predictions are: 2-3 and 1-3. Cairo, however, believes it will end in a draw

The managers of FC Barcelona

The managers and captains of FC Barcelona ’s other professional sports teams weigh in on the Clásico. They are optimistic about the team’s chances and they believe that Barça’s brand of football will end up winning out against Real Madrid.

The Roller Hockey trainer, Gaby Cairo , is the most prudent. He, a huge Barça fan, is also a faithful follower of Argentina’s Boca Juniors. The manager knows that the more the game is talked about - like the Boca-River match - the chances of seeing good football is diminished and the game usually ends up in a draw. However, he’s optimistic that Barça will come out on top if they play their usual game.

The rest of the managers, both of the Xavi Pascuals -Basketball and Handball- are betting for a Barça win with goals and spectacular play. In short, they are expecting a festival of football. The captains are also hoping for a Barça win, but they warn that a loss could complicate Barça's title bid.

Finally, Marc Carmona and Javi Rodríguez both believe the end result will be 2-3 for the Azulgranas. They are expecting an attractive match, given the good form both teams are currently enjoying.

BASKETBALL

Xavi Pascual, manager of FC Barcelona Regal

“These types of games are about passion. It’s a football festival because of the excellence on the pitch. We mightbe watching the best football game that anyone can possibly watch. Therefore, we have to enjoy it from the start.â€

“We haven’t lost to them recently. Even though both teams are on good form at the moment, I think we’ve demonstrated that we’re better during important matches, on the other hand, whatever happens, I always feel as though we’ve won because the aim is to play a spectacular and special styleâ€

“I think we’ll win 1-3â€

Juan Carlos Navarro, captain of FC Barcelona Regal

“I hope to see a good game that I can enjoy for the full 90 minutes, where Barça winsâ€

“If we don’t win it will complicate the Liga. We would be nine points behind, but it doesn’t end there. Because of Barça’s play, which is prettier, I’m expecting an Azulgrana victoryâ€

“I’m expecting a 1-3â€

HANDBALL

Xavi Pascual, manager of FC Barcelona Intersport

“I think it will be a fairly even game, but I think Barça will come out on topâ€

“Barça will maintain their philosophy, it’s the key to success and they’ve always been faithful to itâ€

“I’d bet on any result that would give Barça the win, but if I have to say one, I’d go with 2-3â€

Nagy, captain of FC Barcelona Intersport

“These are classic games where the rivalry come before spectacular play. The execution of play usually loses out to who is more effectiveâ€

“I think it will be a very tactical game from both teams. Ithink they, Real Madrid, will look to be effective with their chances and go for a draw or a win with few goalsâ€

“I think it’ll be 0-1 for Barçaâ€

FUTSAL
Marc Carmona, manager of FC Barcelona Alusport

“I hope the game is a bit more open than the ones in the past. Where both teams duke it outâ€

“The primary goal is to cut into the lead they have over usâ€

“I’d bet on a 2-3 win for Barçaâ€

Javi Rodríguez, captain of FC Barcelona Alusport

“It’ll be an attractive game where both teams are coming into it on good formâ€

“The objective is to reduce the number of points they have over us and change the course of the Ligaâ€

“I think they’ll win 2-3â€

ROLLER HOCKEY
Gaby Cairo, manager of FC Barcelona

“Whenever you watch a Clásico you hope to see something spectacular and that there is an element of excitement. Normally, however, when you look forward to a game so much it usually ends in a draw ... I hope it ends that way, with a draw or a win for Barça.â€

“We must trust this team blindly. My confidence in them is hugeâ€

“I think it will be a one-all drawâ€

Beto Borregán, captain of FC Barcelona

“I hope Barça overwhelmingly wins. Because of their style and trajectory, I think Barçill win out over Madridâ€

“They want to go back there and win, and they know that doing that in such a complicated place like the Bernabéu would be turning point in the Ligaâ€

“I think it’ll be 1-3, four goals would be hoping for too muchâ€

FCB

Real Madrid- FC Barcelona: They know what they have to do The all-whites have a three-point lead and also a game in hand

Carvalho is out of the home side, as is Afellay for the visitors

The countdown has ended. Ten o'clock on Saturday 10 is the moment when yet another passionate clásico kicks into action. Right now, there is probably nothing else in football that quite compares to the thrillers involving the top two teams in La Liga Confidence boosting experiences This year, Madrid are three points clear at the top of the table, and have a game in hand as well. Things are very different to the way they were the last three seasons when 6-2 and 2-0 wins and a 1-1 draw practically secured league titles for Pep Guardiola 's team. The manager is still unbeaten at the Santiago Bernabéu, having also won 2-0 in the Champions League of 10/11 and drawn 2-2 in the Supercup 11/12. 21 players Barça rarely slip up on the big occasions under their latest manager. And tonight he has the added bonus of an almost complete squad of 20 first team players. The starting line-up is as much of a mystery as ever, with Cuenca, Dos Santos and Oier from the B side also joining the squad because immediately after the game finishes, they will be jetting off to Japan to play in the Clubs World Cup . Assistant manager Tito Vilanova is also joining them tonight after recovering from his operation, although he will not be flying to Asia. The biggest veteran of Madrid v Barça derbies is Xavi Hernandez , who is set to make his 600th official appearance for Barcelona tonight. Mourinho's concerns As for Madrid, manager José Mourinho has three main issues to sort out before Saturday night. There are doubts regarding the fitness of Arbeloa , the choice of players to form his midfield, and the roles of Higuaín and Benzema in attack. His assistant, Aitor Karanka, told a press conference on Friday that Madrid, who are on a 15-match winning streak, will be playing a 4-3-3 system . The only definite absentee is the injured Ricardo Carvalho .

FCB,

Jordi Clos

Line-up

R. MADRID - FCB (LINE-UP):

Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Abidal, Sergio, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi, Alexis

R.Madrid-FC Barcelona: Universal Declaration of beautiful football Marvellous Barça performance against Madrid who went ahead within a minute but were overwhelmed by a superior Barça with goals from Alexis, Messi and Cesc

The team switched to a three man defence after 15 minutes and are now back on top of the league, though Madrid do have a game in hand

For the fourth season on the run, Barça have made a clear statement at the Bernabeu - that they still are the supreme reference point in the world of football. In a high voltage game, the team fought back from a first minute setback with ambition and majestic football. Three goals stamped their authority and ensured another historic win at the home of their great rivals achieved with their trademark style to retake top spot, though Madrid do have a game in hand. It was the worst possible start for Guardiola's team when a defensive mix up handed Madrid a goal after just 24 seconds as Benzama fired past Valdes. From that moment, Madrid sat back in defence and conceded possession to the much bolder Barça, whilst attempting to maintain a highline. Casillas made a great stop from Messi on six minutesand then on the quarter hour, Guardiola switched to a three man defence - taking maximum risk, but ensuringtotal domination. Alexis goal reward for domination Barça now began to strangle the life out of their hosts, who only threatened sporadically on the counter and although Ronaldo had the chance to make it 2-0 on 24 minutes, Busquets and Puyol were defending like giants at times. Then Messi slipped through the Madrid defence and released Alexis who unleashed a great shot past Casillas to draw Barça level. Tension began to rise now and by half time Barça had seen two cards – Alexis and Messi, both for dissent, though the team had committed just four fouls against Madrid's nine, with just a single yellow card for the hosts. Cesc heads home lovely Alves cross If Barça had been unlucky at the start of the first half, they made up for that at the beginning of the second, when on 53 minutes a Xavi shot ricocheted off Marcelo to wrong foot Casillas and put Barça in the lead. Madrid desperately tried to pressure Barça as they tried to play the ball out, which in turn gave the increasingly dangerous looking Barça more space to counter. Ronaldo again blew a chance which would have drawn the teams level just past the hour mark and almost immediately after, Cesc headed in at the far post after a great cross from Alves. Footballing recital With the scores at 1-3, Madrid got even rougher and the cards began to flow. The hosts were now playing with more heart than head, as they desperately played catch up behind a Barça team who were revelling in their exquisiteone touch possession football, exemplified by a brilliant Iniesta action on 80 minutes. There were even chances to stretch the lead, but in the end, Barça's superiority was such as to leave no room for doubt: their beautiful football, the style that defines this team came out top for all the millions of viewers who watched as the Barça philosophy continues to stamp its mark, season after season on the footballing world.

FCB

Jordi Clos

Cesc Fàbregas: “The first half was difficult, but in the second half we played fantasticallyâ€

Cesc scored the goal that put his team at ease, he was euphoric after the win at the Bernabéu

“We’re going to Japan to win the Club World Cup,†said Víctor Valdés after the victory over Real Madrid

FC Barcelona beat Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu in a vibrant game that ended 1-3. The Azulgranas managed to mount a comeback through Alexis , Xavi and Cesc after Benzema ’s early goal. Fabregas was euphoric after Barça’s victory and he admitted that “it was a very special day†for him.

The Masia graduate analysed his team’s play: “the first half was difficult because they covered man-to-man really well, but in the second half we played fantastically.†The midfielder was also happy about Guardiola ’s courageous tactical plan after Benzema’s early goal: “We played most of the game with only threedefenders. It’s an incredible feat to do that at the Bernabéu, even more so if you come out winning, it says a lot about this team .â€

Lastly, Cesc said that the team will travel to Japan “with a huge morale boost and with a lot of tranquility.†On the 3-4-3 system, Gerard Piqué said, “they were coming at us, but we had the confidence to be ourselves and to impose our play style. We had planned to play with three at the back, but we had to wait until the 10thminute to do it.†Xavi Hernández , Barça’s vice-captain,was much more direct: “We were much better than RealMadrid . We played an amazing game in every way. This is a turning point and we’re leaving Madrid with high morale.†The midfielder finished by saying: “Our philosophy is to be courageous and you can’t win at the Bernabéu without that.â€

Víctor Valdés showed his enthusiasm after the match: “We keep on making history! Another game won at the Bernabéu.†The keeper also wanted to thank the team and the fans, “amazing team and amazing fans that came to the Bernabéu to cheer us on.†Valdé finished, jubilantly saying: “We’re going to Japan to win the Club World Cup.â€

FCB,

LUIS DAVÓ

Statistics from the League Clasico between Real Madrid and FC Barcelona

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Alves and Messi are the only 2 Barça players who have always been in the starting line-up in the Clasicos, in the Guardiola era

Of the 14 Barça players who took part in the Clasico, nine came through the youth ranks. FromMadrid, only one

The exhibition by FC Barcelona against Real Madrid leavesus with some curious facts that are reviewed below. These are the stats from the Clasico:

- Barça put an end to a Real Madrid 15 game winning streak , 10 in the league and 5 in the Champions League . It's also Mourinho's team's first defeat at home.
- With Guardiola as manager, Barça have never lost at the Bernabeu. Of the six visits to Madrid, the balance is four wins (three in the League and one in the ChampionsLeague) and two draws.
- Another different lineup after 26 official games . Guardiola still hasn't repeated the same starting eleven this season. The starting line-up for the Clasico was brand new.

- Alves and Messi are the only 2 Barça players who have always been in the starting line-up in the Clasicos , since Guardiola took charge of the team.
- Of the 14 players who played in the Clasico for Barça, 9 came up through the youth ranks : Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi and Pedro. Of the 14 used by Madrid, only one, Casillas.
- Barça had 67.5% ball possession . Once again, Guardiola's players had the ball much more than their eternal rivals.
- Xavi played his 600th game for Barça , and he celebrated by scoring a goal with the unwitting help of Marcelo.
- Alexis and Cesc , the two Summer signings this season, were both in the starting line-up at the Bernabeu, and they both scored a goal.
- Pique and Puyol have played 55 League games together , and the balance is 46 wins and 9 draws.
- Puyol, on Saturday, won 14 balls without losing any . He committed a single foul and was also fouled once.

FCB

Sandro Rosell: "I know what I’m going to say is politically incorrect, but we have given them a bath"

The FC Barcelona president believes that every Barça fan should be very proud of the way Barça played at the Santiago Bernabeu

Sandro Rosell: "It’s total happiness"

"I want to say it because it was fabulous, the whole world has seen that playing football this is the best team in the world"

"We're becoming used to coming here and getting good results"

Sandro Rosell was the living image of happiness at the end of the Madrid - Barça game. He openly admitted:"It's total happiness. It is a pleasure to lead this Club, all Barça fans should be very proud ... I know what I'm going to say is politically incorrect, and I apologise in advance, but we have given them a bath. I want to say it because it was fabulous, the whole world has seen that at playing football this is the best team in the world."

The trip will seem shorter

Following the 3-1 win, the President acknowledged, jokingly: "We're becoming used to coming here and getting good results." At the same time, he said that at the Bernabeu "we always have a hard time at the start," but then the team dispels all doubts: "We know that when we start moving the ball around, we're guaranteeda good game, we know the quality of players, and that they'll produce results."

So, Barça are travelling to Japan from Madrid with the League leadership in the bag. The head of the Barça expedition travelling to the World Club Cup has it all pretty clear: "The flight will seem very short, and I'm sure we'll enjoy it. We'll never forget this trip."

FCB,

Jordi Clos

Worldwide press praises FC Barcelona

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Newspapers and digital news outlets from across the globe praise Barça’s victory over Madrid

All the players get a special mention and Madrid’s dailies talk of Barça’s “paseo†(easy win) at the Bernabéu

Front page of Sport

"Another exhibition at the Bernabéu" Mundo Deportivo

"Heroes!" Sport

"From Madrid to heaven" El 9

"Walk in the park at Catellana" Marca

"The best team won" AS

"Barça is once again superior to Madrid" El Mundo

"Mourinho can't beat Pep" La Razón

"Barça imposes its passing style" Público

"Barça once again makes the clásico bitter for Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu" La Vanguardia

"Iniesta puts Madrid at his feet" El País

"Pep Show Boys" Olé (Argentina)

"Barça was the life of the party at the Bernabéu" Clarín (Argentina)

"Undeniable" L'Équipe (France)

"Legendary Barça" La Gazzeta dello Sport (Italy)

"Barcelona, the law of the strongest" Corriere della Sera (Italy)

"The team led by Pep Guardiola was spectacular" O'Globo (Brazil )

"The victory reaffirms Barça’s dominance and brilliant ball control" New York Times (USA)

"Alexis' performance was excellent" La Tercera (Chile)

Puyol: “the team want to keep making historyâ€

www.fcbarcelona.cat

“We are full of excitement and very keenâ€, according to the FC Barcelona captain and Dani Alves was also clear that: “we are all very focussed on this marvellous opportunityâ€

Carles Puyol and Dani Alves spoke to the massed ranks of the media in Yokohama , following the first training session at the training ground of Yokohama Marinos . Both players were clear that after the win at the Bernabeu : "the team are coming in to the game full of confidence", whilst insisting that game is in the past: "we are very happy for all the praise, but we know this is always tough. We are full of excitement and very keen, though well aware that it's going to be hard", explained the Barça captain.

Puyol explained: "we are coming to win. This team wish to continue to make history", whilst Alves made it clear:"we are all very focussed on this marvellous opportunity to take part in the Club World Cup . We are centred on this competition, which we have reached through hard work and doing things the right way".

Respect for Al-Sadd

Puyol and Alves again showed respect for Thursday's rivals Al-Sadd : "if Al-Sadd have made it into the semi-finals, it's because they are a good team. We will analyse them and try and beat them".

Puyol also expressed his satisfaction at the reception the team have been given in Japan : "we have always been treated well here. We are proud to see so many Barça fans and we hope to give them something to smileabout on Thursday"

FCB

Guardiola: "At stake is the chance to become the World’s best team"

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Speaking at a press conference this morning in Japan, Pep Guardiola insisted on the need to acclimatise to the local time zone and to show maximum respect for the team’s semi-final opponents Al Sadd

Josep Guardiola spoke to the media in his first press conference since the team arrived in Japan for the FIFAClub World Cup and explained that he had told the players: "not to blow the chance to win the World Club Cup - it's an opportunity that doesn't come around too often. At stake is the chance to become the World's bestteam". The boss also insisted that the players needed to adapt to the Japanese local time zone and to show maximum respect for their semi-final rivals Al Sadd :"there could be plenty of surprises".

Guardiola was wary of taking on the role of favourites:"we won't be the best team in the world until we win this", and explained: "we have the responsibility to show our very best".

In a packed press conference, Guardiola again showed his human side, referring to the disastrous earthquake and Tsunami that struck Japan last March: "I hope Japan can recover as soon as possible. Coming back here is always an honour".

FCB

First team trains in Yokohama

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Nearly a hundred international media outlets and a large crowd of fans watched the team’s first training session in Yokohama

There was a lot of expectation ahead of the team's first training session in Yokohama, the host city for the FIFA Club World Cup . Guardiola 's men trained in front of a large number of media and Japanese fans. After being received by nearly a hundred fans at the Narita airport just outside Tokyo , the party attended a number of official FIFA events before training.

First off, the 23 players in the squad took part in the official photo session of the competition, followed by a technical talk from FIFA's referee instructor, Steve Bennett, with whom they talked and watched a number of videos about the rules of the tournament.

At midday local time the players ran out onto the local Yokohama Marinos training ground - which boasts an official FC Barça Shop- where more than a hundred representatives of the international media and a numberof local fans watched the session, along with many local inhabitants watching from nearby buildings.

Guardiola had programmed a gentle session of nearly an hour, with the players doing stretching exercises, ball control games, some sprinting and a team talk with the coaches.

First session ahead of semis

The first 15 minutes of the session were open to the media, whilst the rest of the training took place behind closed doors. Today's session was the first ahead of Thursday's FIFA Club World Cup semi final against the Qatar team Al Sadd who beat Esperance from Tunisia 2-1 in the quarter finals.

FCB

FC Barcelona are already in Japan, ready to play in the World Club Championship

www.fcbarcelona.cat

After winning the Clasico, and a more than 12 hour flight, Barça landed in Tokyo this Sunday

The first training session will be on Monday at the Sports City of Yokohama Marinos

It was 22.20 in Japan, 14.20 Catalan time, when Barça landed at Narita Airport in Tokyo . After winning the Clasico, the team took the flight to Japan to face a new challenge: winning the second World Club Championship in the history of FC Barcelona .

The flight took over 12 hours. The joy of victory in the Bernabeu gave way to some relaxation time. During the journey they tried to adapt their bodies to Japan time, the first of the measures to combat jet lag.

After landing in Tokyo the Barça expedition travelled bybus to Yokohama , where the team hotel is located. Theteam will be back at work on Monday, with a training session at the Sports City of Yokohama Marinos .

FCB

De la Cruz managed the Yokohama Marinosfor three years before returning to FC Barcelona
http://media2.fcbarcelona.com/media...640x360/2011-12-12_ENTRENO_61.v1323709315.JPG

The ex-Barça player and assistant manager returns to the city where he managed at the end of the 90s

“I have great affection for the Yokohama Marinos and FC Barcelona,†said De la Cruz

One of FC Barcelona’s expedition members that travelledto Japan knows the country very well, Yokohama to be precise, where the Club World Cup will be played. It’s Toño de la Cruz, Barça player in the 70s, manager of Barça’s youth squads in the 80s and assistant to the first team at the beginning of this century. De la Curz’s only experience as manager away from FC Barcelona was when he was with the Yokohama Marinos, at the end of the 90s.

An emotional return

“I spent three years managing in Japan, this team precisely, the Yokohama Marinos. It was a thrilling, extraordinary and unforgettable experience,†said De la Cruz. For this reason it was an emotional return for him: “It was an emotional experience reuniting with people that I had worked with previously and, despite my time away, we still have affection for one another.†He continued: “I have great memories and affection for thisclub and for Japanese football.â€

Barça’s philosophy in Japan

On his time with the Marinos, during which the team managed to maintain good form and regular appearances at the top half of the table, the now Barça TV and Radio Barça pundit admits: “I applied a few things that I had learned with Barça’s youth squads to Yokohama.†After his Japanese adventure, De la Cruz returned to be Barça’s assistant coach: “The experience I got here helped me to make mportant decisions at FC Barcelona,†he said.

FCB

Second Barça training session in Japan ahead of debut against Al-Sadd

www.fcbarcelona.cat

After almost a whole day off, the first team returned to training ahead of their first game in the Clubs World Cup on Thursday against Al-Sadd

The session was open to the press and involved all 23 players that have travelled to Japan

The second session in the Far East started at 20.00 am CET, and came 24 hours after the first session since arriving. The venue was the Yokohama Marinos training ground, and the Clubs World Cup was on everybody's mind. FC Barcelona 's first opponent in its bid to win the title for the second time will be Al-Sadd of Qatar.

Nobody missing

The session was open to the media and involved all 23 players that have flown to Yokohama. After a warm-up and circuit training, they divided into three groups for games on a downsized field. Wearing blue were Piqué , Fontàs , Adriano , Xavi , Messi , Pedro and Alexis . In organe bibs were Maxwell , Puyol , Keita , Cuenca , Cesc and Alves . The side with no bibs was formed by Abidal , Thiago , Iniesta , Villa , Mascherano and DosSantos . Sergio Busquets acted as a wildcard, rotating between teams, and goalkeepers Valdés , Pinto and Oier were all rotated.

FCB

Children affected by the Fukushima nucleardisaster visit with FC Barcelona

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Before the training session on Tuesday, the Barça first team players and coaches had a short meeting with eleven young people from the area affected by the accident at the Fukushima nuclear power centre

It happened at the Yokohama Marinos training ground which FC Barcelona are using for the Clubs World Cup . After a day's rest, it was back to work for the players. But first, the earliest part of the session was dedicated to solidarity.

The players met a group of eleven children aged between 9 and 18 years from the Fukushima area. The children were all presented with a Barça shirt with their own name on the back, namely Ryo Takahashi, Syuto Matsuzaki, Kouki Kato, Masatoshi Matsubara, Kazuki Fujita, Hirotaka Kato , Takuya Kato, Kana Ogata, Natsuki Abe, Hikaru Nitsuma and Dai Watanabe.

President Sandro Rosell was also there to present a shirt with the words ' FCB with Japan ' to the director of the Tokyo metropolitan government's education programme, Tominari Yamakawa , the government'sspecial delegate to the Fukushima refugees. The institutional representation also involved Spanish ambassador Miguel Ãngel Navarro and the director of the Instituto Cervantes, Víctor Ugarte , who had both helped to set up the meeting.

FCB

Back