Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

We're On The Map!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
As far as I'm concerned life begins when the swimmer connects to the egg and life begins to grow.

As far as the gun thing I can see both sides of the issue being good, but also going very wrong.

As far as I'm concerned life begins when the swimmer connects to the egg and life begins to grow.

As far as the gun thing I can see both sides of the issue being good, but also going very wrong.

I totally agree with you one hundred percent about the first thing you said but at least it's a start and I'm sorry but I am also pro right to bear arms one hundred percent. So many times it seems like Christians confuse "thou shall not kill" with "thou shall not murder" those are two entirely different things in my mind.

It's exactly the same thing with drugs. A law prohibiting them didn't stop the bad guys from getting ahold of them, and if the criminals are going to be armed anyways, we should still keep our constitutional right to protect ourselves.

Hi there!
Science has shown an actual spark emitted at the point of conception. :biggrin For me, that supports my thinking that the spirit (some use the word soul) is created at that moment!
God is marvelous!

As for the firearms... without 2A, you have no way to keep your 1A rights.

Hi there!
Science has shown an actual spark emitted at the point of conception. :biggrin For me, that supports my thinking that the spirit (some use the word soul) is created at that moment!
God is marvelous!

As for the firearms... without 2A, you have no way to keep your 1A rights.

Again I totally agree with the first part and since Psalm 139:13-14 it talks about God knitting us together in our mother's womb, (biological for me since I'm adopted) I would also have to think that's where life begins.

However, I just looked up the second thing that you said and I'm a bit puzzled by what you're trying to say exactly. :confusedIn any case, I also looked up this Bible verse that proves that self-defense is biblical.

Exodus 22:2

I have no problem with anyone defending themselves or their family with a gun if there is probable cause. The problem I have is how they perceive what is a probable cause. If someone threatens me or my family with a weapon then that is probable cause. If they threaten only verbally making terrorist threats then that is not a probable cause, but you need to alert the police.

I have no problem with anyone defending themselves or their family with a gun if there is probable cause. The problem I have is how they perceive what is a probable cause. If someone threatens me or my family with a weapon then that is probable cause. If they threaten only verbally making terrorist threats then that is not a probable cause, but you need to alert the police.

Exactly, you just read my mind because I was just going to post that murder is killing without probable cause and the really sad fact is that a lot of people find aborting a baby probable cause because either they don't want it, they're too young, we're raped etc. when there are so many loving families out there who would be more than willing to adopt, but yes, the key is to know when it's the proper time to defend yourself and when to turn the other cheek.

Last edited:
And btw, I believe that this is one of those circumstances where both rules from the old covenant and the new covenant matter just as much. In fact, if my memory serves me right Jesus even preached about self-defense being allowed but since I can't remember when or where maybe He didn't Idk, that part of my mind is still a bit fuzzy.

Edit: I just looked it up and yes He did in Luke 22:36

Last edited:
Justice Brett Kavanaugh may use the new Ohio law to overturn Roe. They have the votes on the Supreme Court now to do so.

Again I totally agree with the first part and since Psalm 139:13-14 it talks about God knitting us together in our mother's womb, (biological for me since I'm adopted) I would also have to think that's where life begins.

However, I just looked up the second thing that you said and I'm a bit puzzled by what you're trying to say exactly. :confusedIn any case, I also looked up this Bible verse that proves that self-defense is biblical.

Exodus 22:2

Regarding the second part.

Consider how you would demand your rights to free speech, for instance, if you had no power to back it up, to prevent the government from denying you?

One of the reasons the USA has not totally fallen to non-Constitutional enemies is because they fear our firearms in the hands of our citizens....

Does that help clarify?

Regarding the second part.

Consider how you would demand your rights to free speech, for instance, if you had no power to back it up, to prevent the government from denying you?

One of the reasons the USA has not totally fallen to non-Constitutional enemies is because they fear our firearms in the hands of our citizens....

Does that help clarify?

Yep it certainly does, :yes thanks! :thumbsup

I totally agree with you one hundred percent about the first thing you said but at least it's a start and I'm sorry but I am also pro right to bear arms one hundred percent. So many times it seems like Christians confuse "thou shall not kill" with "thou shall not murder" those are two entirely different things in my mind.

It's exactly the same thing with drugs. A law prohibiting them didn't stop the bad guys from getting ahold of them, and if the criminals are going to be armed anyways, we should still keep our constitutional right to protect ourselves.
Hi H,

Two things:
I agree with what you've said above...

I can't see the links in my area!

I'm assuming that a bill has been presented that would make abortion illegal AFTER one could feel the heartbeat?

Please confirm....(or correct).

Hi H,

Two things:
I agree with what you've said above...

I can't see the links in my area!

I'm assuming that a bill has been presented that would make abortion illegal AFTER one could feel the heartbeat?

Please confirm....(or correct).

Yep, that is correct and sorry for the inconvenience. :neutral

Apparently so. I really don't think this is too political and so far the staff hasn't said anything about it so,... :shrug
Gun control arguments isn't ?

I. Maryland police kill a man in a gun confiscation, he wasn't a felon ,but simply listed as have a mental issue and he didn't have a chance to defend his right .just because you are seeking medicAL aid for a condition gave them the means,notice exactly what I said .

I don't want nuts owning ,but if they are that much of a danger,why not knives,any weapon, why are they free? If any is going to have rights removed it should occur in a court of law .

Apparently so. I really don't think this is too political and so far the staff hasn't said anything about it so,... :shrug
Believe it or not, I actually learned a lot of what was going on in the states from the forum. I used to have Sky, but it was too expensive to keep just for the news...and YouTube is very limited.
Not that I join in much....but some like it.

Back